[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 39

File: alien covenant.jpg (430KB, 1160x653px) Image search: [Google]
alien covenant.jpg
430KB, 1160x653px
It's wonderful.
>>
Its not.
>>
And I'm a unicorn
>>
>>82885010
It's wonderfully faggoted, like you.
>>
I saw the ending coming from a mile away.
>>
>>82885838
Same. It didn't spoil the movie experience for me though. I still liked it.
>>
I want to see all the alien and predator movies, which order should I watch the predator ones? Predator, predators, predator 2?
>>
>>82886248
Release order.
>>
I watched Prometheus at the cinema and I really enjoyed it. Do you think I'd enjoy Covenant? Trying to make up my mind if I should go see it or if it's better to just wait.
>>
where the hell can i find a pirated version of it no search results yet what the hell
>>
>>82886248
Release order. When it comes to the Alien films make sure you watch these versions:
>Alien - Theatrical
>Aliens - Special Edition
>Alien 3 - Assembly Cut

I'm not sure when it comes to the other films though.
>>
>>82885010

it's derivative, formulaic and unimaginative
high school youtubers can do a better story
>>
>>82885010
>throughout prometheus engineers, their origin, why they're doing what they did, many questions
>girl and android going to meet engineers to get answers to questions
>hyped to watch sequel to watch answers to questions
>sequel kills off engineers and becomes a montage of remakes of scenes from prev alien films they even copied her hair

I CURSE ALL INVOLVED IN PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT MAY THEY DIE AN AGONIZING CANCEROUS DEATH!

I CURSE ALL INVOLVED IN PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT MAY THEY DIE AN AGONIZING CANCEROUS DEATH!

>>
>>82887259
Yes, only bad part is that the ost og covenant is less rememerable than prometheus
>>
File: aliensuit.jpg (18KB, 374x405px) Image search: [Google]
aliensuit.jpg
18KB, 374x405px
>>82885010
It was a 5/10 and in reality >>82887618
is spot on........... fuck the hacks who wrote in this shit fest of lore rape. The new arc of a mad gay android crafting the aliens instead of engineers is shit and you should all feel like shit for accepting it
>>
>>82887687
>>82887687
>lore rape
Do you like any alien movie after aliens? If you do you are the problem, so please kys
>>
File: 3.jpg (184KB, 960x413px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
184KB, 960x413px
>>82887618
>sequel kills off engineers and becomes a montage of remakes of scenes from prev alien films they even copied her hair
>>
>>82887687
>>82887618
Why do they feel the need to cram android shit into the story so hard? Even Alien had an issue with this imo. These aren't classic philosophical sci-fi novel adaptations, it's just horror/action sci-fi flicks.

Is it because of Fassbender? Trying to jam him into the story as much as possible, like Jennifer Lawrence in X-Men First Class?
>>
>>82887847
If you're going to hire someone as expensive as Fassbender you'd want your money's worth.
>>
>>82887847
>Big Hollywood movie, spend everything on cgi and other cool stuff.
>Only have enough money to get one good actor and the actor plays the android. Androidkino it is
>>
File: dali caravan.jpg (104KB, 700x455px) Image search: [Google]
dali caravan.jpg
104KB, 700x455px
>>82885010

no it's not, that and prometheus killed the alien mythos.

When the crew arrive on the space jockey's ship in alien, we see Giger's twisted mind, and it shouldn't be explained, the contrast between humans and this nightmarish organic/synthetic set around them gives us a feeling of something grand and unknown, it's supposed to feel surrealistic,
incomprehensible, like entering a Dali's painting, the long legged elephants don't need to be explained.

Fucking Ridley just went full Lucas and did that.

"Well guys, you see those long legged elephants ? They're just giant guys, on stilts, with elephant masks lol"
>>
Why were the xenomorphs even there? Felt so shoehorned in to a movie called Alien.
They're not even as deadly as the little white xenos. Stupid shit.
>>
>>82887618
Don't go all witchcraft on poor Ridley, he's already suffering from dementia so severe- he thinks this shit is "art".
>>
Whats the difference between the protomorph and the xenomorph? They both came from facehuggers right? and why davids hair grows?
>>
>>82888152
that's a really poor anagoly because thats actually cool
>>
>>82885010
Critics agree
>>
>>82887847

If Prometheus could have been its own thing and just been a story about the androids and AI in the alien universe just without the Aliens they might have had something decent.
>>
>>82885838

That's because of the 12835235 trailers and TV spots and FOX released.

It was still good though. Solid third best in the franchise after Alien and Aliens.
>>
I just wish supposedly world class scientists would stop acting like fucking retards whenever it suits the plot
>>
>>82887944
>cgi and other cool stuff.

Boy they really didn't spend big for CGI in some of those scenes.
>>
Prometheus + Covenant put forward some interesting ideas and themes (like the marriage of Science and Religion, and how scientists of faith are viewed in the scientific community), but they're never explored and it just devolves into horror schlock instantly
>>
that poster looks like a 12 year old has played with blender.

seems like shit.

im gonna pass
>>
>>82887687
it was what? even 2/10 is over the top
was laughing out loud throughout the whole fucking movie
billy crudap scene was the one that got me most
and that fucking head floating in the water jesus fucking christ it's hilarious
the final twist oh man it was never seen before! anywhere! 10/10
also golden cgi and outstanding cinematography in most of the big action sequences where you ain't got any fucking idea of what's going on
almost forgot to mention the fantastic script, and some awesome self-references by ridley, the man's still got it!
>>
>>82889932
I saw literally no trailer and predicted the whole movie verbatim. the mai problem of this movie is that it's so fucking predictable
>>
>>82889932
are you blind? or autistic? or maybe both?
>>
File: 1476390948902.jpg (68KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
1476390948902.jpg
68KB, 640x623px
is it true that they only thing human DNA added to the earlier creature's body was a retarded mouth pepe?
>>
It was well shot,
Cinematography was fantastic,
The sets looked great,
Some of the scenes were really cool,
The field at night where they are being stalked by the White aliens, i started to perk up.
Then went down again.
On the Cargo Elevator i started to perk up again. And then when they got onboard the ship and there was an unknown Lifeform,
Straight back down again.

>BASIC QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS
>FUCK ME LETS JUST STEP OUT ON THIS UNCHARTED PLANET,
>LEAVE THE PILOT ALONE WITH NO TRAINED GUARD,
>NO FACE/EYE MASK WITH INFECTED GUY,
>BLOW UP THE DROPSHIP CAUSE IM DUMB
>A HOODED FIGURE WITH A FLARE GUN WHO COULD IT BE?
>LETS ALL SEPARATE IN THIS UNKNOWN ALIEN CITY FULL OF DEAD THINGS
>I'M GOING TO GO WASH UP, ALONE, NEVERMIND THE DANGER
>I'M GOING TO FOLLOW THE ANDROID ALONE, NOT RADIO IN THAT ONE OF US IS DEAD
>OH LOOK WE'RE FINALLY USING MILITARY TACTICS AND SHOWING SOME LEVEL OF COMPETENCY WHEN ITS DOWN TO JUST TWO OF US.
>THAT'S TOTALLY DAVID AND NOT WALTER
>LOOK AT HIS FACE, THAT'S TOTALLY DAVID AND NOT WALTER
>WHY DID NO ONE SCAN EVERYONE WHEN THEY GOT TO THE SHIP?
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOWER SCENE? WHAT IS THIS A TEEN FUCKING SLASHER?
>THAT'S DAVID NOT WALTER
>WHY DO YOU NEED TO L1URE IT INTO THE CAB?
>THIS PLAN IS DUMB
>THIS PLAN RELIED ON THE ALIEN TRIPPING OVER
> WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LURE IT INTO AN AIRLOCK AND VENT IT?
>WAS THAT MEANT TO BE SUSPENSEFUL? WE SAW HER DUCK DOWN
>THATS NOT WALTER
>OH FUCKING SURPRISE, GREAT REVEAL, HE COULD'VE JUST SAID "Sure thing sweet dreams"
>FUCK THAT WAS DUMB
>>
They were clearly able to hold the alien in different hallways, was there seriously no way to move it towards the airlock or remove air from one of the compartments?
>>
>>82890283
it became apparent that the alien can survive space atmosphere conditions therefore the only solution was to impale it with a truck
>>
>>82889932
>Solid third best in the franchise after Alien and Aliens.

trollb8
>>
>>82890343
That's not saying much, m8, only that he liked it better than Alien3. The rest is irredeemable trash.
The point it, it doesn't have to be b8, and probably isn't/.
>>
>>82890188
>The field at night where they are being stalked by the White aliens, i started to perk up.

Could have been a longer scene it lasted like 3 minutes and was pointless other than to kill off another person and have that really shitty looking moment of cg where the guys jaw gets knocked off by the Neomorphs tail.

>WHY DID NO ONE SCAN EVERYONE WHEN THEY GOT TO THE SHIP?

MOTHER SHOULD BE ABLE TO FUCKING TELL THEM ITS NOT WALTER. AS SOON AS HE GETS ON BOARD MOTHER SHOULD GO THAT'S NOT FUCKNIG WALTER THAT'S A DIFFERENT ANDROID.
>>
I liked the movie. It's just like Prometheus, it keeps you intrigued all the movie. It's true that some twist are obvious but I still like it.

Prometheus and Alien Covenant are really good movies in the Alien franchise.

Now Ridley should do another movie to connect the prequels with the first movie and then maybe (although I see it complicated without being Sigurney Weaver in them) make two good sequels to Alien and eliminate from canon the rest. Or maybe keep Alien and Aliens and make the third final movie.

Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
*thrid prequel*

Alien
Aliens
*new sequel*

That would be perfect.
>>
>>82890846

He's already doing two sequels to Covenant.

It's going all "War of the Worlds" according to him.
>>
>>82885010
the movie was shit and the robot making the aliens does not make any sense
>>
>>82890654
>MOTHER SHOULD BE ABLE TO FUCKING TELL THEM ITS NOT WALTER
Ugh i fucking know,
I was going to say when did he even get an egg in him and i remembered a face hugger latched on his face for all of 5 seconds, apparently that's enough time and in all the others where it stays on there for ages it's excessive.
>>
>>82888152
>When the crew arrive on the space jockey's ship in alien, we see Giger's twisted mind, and it shouldn't be explained, the contrast between humans and this nightmarish organic/synthetic set around them gives us a feeling of something grand and unknown, it's supposed to feel surrealistic,
incomprehensible, like entering a Dali's painting, the long legged elephants don't need to be explained.
Exactly this, couldn't have said it better myself.

But if they really had to "explain" it, they could have made the engineers some terrific incredibly intelligent creatures, not some retards wearing edgy dirty robes being genocided by one (1) human robot like retards.
>>
>>82887618
>I CURSE ALL INVOLVED IN PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT MAY THEY DIE AN AGONIZING CANCEROUS DEATH!

Same, I just went to /x/ to learn how to make a sigil that will banish Lindelof and Ridley Scott from the material world
>>
File: 1487782705576.jpg (35KB, 261x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487782705576.jpg
35KB, 261x457px
>>82888152
>it's supposed to feel surrealistic,
>incomprehensible, like entering a Dali's painting, the long legged elephants don't need to be explained.

kek you stole this comparison from me

Not sure if flattered or concerned
>>
It was overall a good film with some great scenes but let down but some really stupid shit.

GOOD
>Amazing score.
>Better cast than Prometheus. A bit underdeveloped though. McBride was really likeable.
>The backburster and faceburster scene was tense.
>The neomorphs attacking in the grass was fucking great but lasted about a minute.
>David trying to get the trust of the neomorph.
>Chestburster scene was beautiful

BAD
>Quarantine procedures seems to be a thing that Weyland Corporation employees don't do.
>Crew totally fucking unfazed about landing on a world with vegetation
>Crew totally fucking unfazed about being surrounded by A DEAD ALIEN CIVILISATION as if it's routine business
>Pointless flashback to David killing off the city
>Xenomorph just rushed into the film for no real reason and is killed off about 5 minutes later. Then the second one is discovered and killed off about 5 minutes after that. Basically condensed Alien and Alien 3 into a 10 minute finale.
>The neomorphs were far more brutal and scary than the xenomorph
>That amazing chestburster scene loses all its impact because of the above two points (film should have ended at that scene)
>>
>>82892185
>>82855225

no one cares I know
>>
>>82890188
>Dropship touches down,
>Everyone is wearing sealed suits
>Someone even fucking says "Air seems breathable, lets not take chances, We'll analyze what the filters pick up when we get back"
>"Okay, Keep the ship ready, Repair Coms."
>"You. Alert and well trained soldier, Stay with the ship, You guys are our lifeline, Without you. We're walking home"
>Head towards signal
>"I'd like to stop for some samples"
>"Sure, Here take this other well trained and Alert Soldier we have. He's Alert because he has one job, To be a Soldier on an alien planet where we are investigating a strange Signal"
>Show them in the ship poking around,
>Show them taking samples
>Show the scene where he steps on the spores, but he's wearing a suit cause he's not retarded.
>Soldier perks up "Hey did you hear that?" Stands alert
>Sun goes down pilot trying to repair coms
>Suddenly "Bam okay rebooted and Coms should be back"
>Coms cut in and scientist lady is screaming for help
>Shows Scientist struggling to carry the soldier along, his Suit is torn to hell, He's messed up, pale faced and bloody.
>People at the crashed ship hear the com chatter and start hurrying back to the ship
>Soldier is helping to carry his buddy into the ship
>Pilot is frozen in fear
>Pilot runs to the coms and calls everyone to get back here asap
>Soldier and Scientist are trying to help wounded Soldier in the Med Bay, Taking off his suit.
>Soldier put his gun down when he helped carry guy
>Back burster punches out and spikes shoot through other soldiers hand, His suit is Compromised
>Brief moment where he looks at his friend, He looks at his hand, he looks up at scientist, scientist takes a step away from him,
>He looks at Pilot, Pilot takes a step away.
>Backburster makes a dash for the door.
>Pilot panics and jumps back locking it after her.
>Soldier grabs a chair,
>Swings at Alien
>Scientist bangs on glass to be let out
>Pilot wont do that, it'll get loose.
>Soldier yells for pilot to get his gun
>>
>>82891893
the engineers will atack earth??
>>
>>82889579
That'd be cool if it was terry gilliam thinking about this, not ridley scott
>>
>>82892492

I actually enjoyed that.
>>
>>82892185
I just thought it was a cool analogy, really put my thought into words m8 sorry for the steal
>>
>>82892522

I doubt it would be Earth. Maybe that Omeagle-6 or whatever the fuck the colony planet was called that they were heading to
>>
>>82892594

it's ok man. any time
>>
>>82892492
>Pilot runs to get gun
>Pilot gets back Soldier is dead
>Scientist is trying to fend it off with a knife.
>Pilot dumps gun in a small quarantine box next to the door so the scientist can get it
>Scientist makes a dash for it, Gets it, Fires wildly busting the glass as she is torn apart,
>Pilot runs to hanger to get another gun
>Alien is busting out of medbay
>Loads it up, is taking aim
>Hears noise from down the ramp
>It's another White alien thing, With bloody claws, sniffing the trail of blood leading to the ship
>She aims at it and fires as the medbay alien slams into her,
>Her shots go wild hitting whatever explosive thing is there and the ship goes up
>Just as the crew come up on it.
>Crew are all there What the helling.
>Alien goes to attack Daniels
>Walter sticks its hand in its mouth
>Guys start firing and start closing ranks and forming a circle around wounded characters
>Got movement from here
>Got movement from this side
>Flashlights playing everywhere
>Motion sensors built into guns pinging off.
>Movement at edges of field kinda thing, they're getting more ballsy as time goes on

THEN do your stupid fucking reveal with David who swoops in and scares off a bunch of the Aliens which are remnants of when the virus infected the engineers all those years ago.
>>
>>82892621
But that is where David is going right?
>>
>>82892594
no problemo frendo
>>
>>82892587
The film was nicely shot.
Its just the script required everyone to be fucking stupid for any of the situation to happen.

The Alien is an intelligent Deadly beast.
We didn't need dumb people putting themselves in a stupid situation to setup these events so the Alien could stalk them.
A non-stop killing machine that still gets past all of these situations regardless of how able the characters is much scarier.
>>
I think one of the biggest let downs is that Ridley went with easily desposed of space bug instead of intelligent, methodical killer.
>>
>>82893298
How intelligent is a xenomorph?

Dog level?

Or maybe even chimp?
>>
>>82893298
True. I really don't know how demented you have to be to not understand this.

Riddle me this, Ridley...
>>
>>82893388
nigger
>>
File: 1471881595822.jpg (120KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1471881595822.jpg
120KB, 540x675px
>>82893298
Why do you capitalize random words
>>
One thing I didnt quite understand. Apparently there were other living being in the planet for David to experiment on, but why were there only 2 neomorphs? I expected at least a dozen, or different breeds that David had created.
Also when the fuck did xenos get immune to bullets? The first full grown neomorph they meet literally goes in the middle of them, everyone unload their weapons on it and yet it runs away unharmed. Unless you want me to believe everyone missed their target standing 3 ft away.
>>
>Make a nihilistic, anti-life movie with a Lovecraftian theme that puts humanity at the back of the bus
>Sequel is about humans and robots
>People want to see Prometheus explained
>Just kill a bunch of Prometheus plots and force in something new
>Huge continuity problems with Prometheus AND the sequels
>Visually not impressive because it's all boring shots with little variety
>Shot at exactly two locations, the ship from Prometheus and a building at the landing dock of Paradise while everything outside of those locations is far more interesting
>Better actors than the first
>Michael Fassbender gives David a quirky and giddy tone that doesn't fit the character the movie makes him out to be
>David gets way too much plot armor
>Dramatic twists are obvious before they ever hit
>Crew is forgettable and never substantiated
>Only scene giving more than just a face to the characters is a short feature on Youtube to sell the movie
>Cast acts brain dead most of the time
>Magic of exploring an alien race is never used, we move between tired old plots we know from the other movies in the franchise
>Xenomorphs felt forced when the protomorph alone carried the movie just fine
>CGI was laughably bad at certain moments, in one scene the xenomorph was literally clipping through the ground
>Aliens are too visible like the engineers when they're supposed to be the horror element
>Used throwbacks to Alien which would be fine if your movie was any good, but feel try-hard in this one
>>
>>82893515
Sounds like Prometheus 2 alright
>>
>>82893515
Is it explained why the Engineers look entirely different than those in Prometheus?
>>
>>82893442
Alien is the things name duh
>>
>>82893577
Nope, my theory would be that since the engineer in the cryo tube is 2000 years old, maybe the engineers have 'upgraded' since then.

Ridley Scott stated that engineers are all male because there's no need for women since they can just bio-engineer.
>>
>>82893861
There are two different kind of Engineers in Prometheus, and I could see the biomechanical oone being more advanced. The stills I saw of the Engineers in Covenant looked like a bunch of dumb white bald dudes.
>>
>>82885010
If Walter somehow still onboard and managed to outsmarts David in the end, it might be not as forgettable as it is now.
>>
>>82893861
This engineer backstory has gone into Jedi/Sith prequel territory, never to return.
>>
>>82885838
Literally.
>>
Of all the little things in this movie my favorite is probably the crane that looks like an alien's tongue mouth.
>>
File: ALAwZ.png (624KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
ALAwZ.png
624KB, 540x960px
>>82893922
It seems to be a biomechanical pressure suit, they probably bio-engineer certain engineers into them or maybe the engineers in those suits are a different race. The weird this is that All of the statues on their home planet seem to glorify the biomechanical suit wearers, it's the exact same statues as the ones in the 2000 year old ship.

The engineers on Paradise seem to look a lot more human and even differentiate in size, while the engineers at the start of Prometheus all looked to be about the same height and had bodybuilder physiques.

But that could just as well be Ridley Scott making some major budget cuts like he always does.

>>82894045
That's the problem with Ridley Scott, the man can't do continuity if his life depended on it, there's so many plotholes in the entire franchise now thanks to Prometheus and Covenant.
>>
>>82894045
At this point, a fanfic is better than the script they are making. for the movies.
Plus, killing Shaw? for what purpose at all?
Oh, it's just an evil robot plot.
It was this bland. Blande as rainwater.
>>
File: 1490371870680.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1490371870680.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>82893515
>>People want to see Prometheus explained
Nobody fucking wanted this because Prometheus and everything it introduced was complete garbage.

Literally THE only good and interesting thing in Prometheus, and any Alien movie since Aliens was David. The Engineers are retarded and so was the pseudo intellectual philosophy bullshit in Prometheus. Thank fuck they just ignore that poorly written clunky garbage.

I am so happy Covenant is triggering all these retarded Prometheus apologists. I find it hilarious that everyone shits on Prometheus for 4 years straight, unanimously agreeing that it was hot garbage, then the hipsters suddenly crawl out of the woodwork when the superior sequel appears.

Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>82894540
The Alien scenes were fantastic though.
>>
>>82894575
Neither of us got what we wanted now though, Prometheus was forced into the Alien franchise because people wanted more aliens even when the movie originally had nothing to do with alien.

Plus I liked Prometheus when it came out, wasn't even into movies then all that much and didn't even know it was universally hated. I'm not a hipster, contrarian, or whatever else, if anything I wish you people would share the same love for Prometheus as I do so I could've gotten a good sequel.
>>
At this point, I legit think that the only salvageable thing of the alien franchise are it's avp games.
And it should have released another by now.
>>
>>82894540
There's speculation he pushed for more focus on AI in P and AC because he was left out of development for Blade Runner 2. This true?
>>
Dear Fox.
Please stop kicking it.
It's already dead.
I'll even offer burial services.
>>
>>82887847

Because Scott wants to push Alien and Bladerunner together

Get ready for Fassbender and Gosling!
>>
>>82887619
I loved it desu, not very original but it fit well.
>>
>>82887847
There is a grave misunderstanding in regards to Alien that has plagued the franchise ever since. The alien, when removed from the context of the movie, isn't very interesting. The movie isn't about extraterrestial biology, it's about an evil corporation killing its employees.
>>
>>82890654
>>82891988
Are you guys retarded? David has access codes to the ship, it's established in the final scene
>>
I'm guessing that ship that crashed in lvl 436 was meant for earth, but the driver got infected before he could reach its destination.
>>
>>82885010
ifbwyt conceptnaliens athan onot thw aline butwhite oens and it make sense the enginenrs were humans ok? btutwhat ndoesn't makesnse is thattd be kileld off byt e robot fassbender robotmakes no sense kill them all lwiek nothing?

like wjhethy were avdnaced they couldof preventef it
>>
File: 2112.png (2MB, 1665x894px) Image search: [Google]
2112.png
2MB, 1665x894px
It is 5/10 for me. Prometheus was far more intriguing and LOGICAL.
Good thing i only wasted $2 on the ticket in my 3 world shithole.
>>
>>82892272
I agree with everything except the flashback, I thought it was great. Also the CGI of the first neomorph attacking the woman was fucking atrocious, good thing the rest of the CGI was good.
>>
>>82895011
yuesnut was morelogical but itcool white aliens cawere coll don'that thino?

yesrkhaiIa gree thoguh promethus make more logical but what I dpn't get is how tjealien fasender kil them all ofrf with black pwoeder don't ayou are?E

thist heu mstipidest prat for me?
>>
>>82894729
hytuis t houa otnriairna whayt doeana dcontrairna erveme makean wnaywya'

menantrh thoitnign to emd oes it you tyou? and whye' si tha1t'?e ebciaonr soemrhstriuoudnebgagt rjrooeiditn dwythis isneot goodpmw butk rno e sjenshe tofjr ememfbr waksl..erijtbecnoldn't jsust ,iens didbtig e4ogkkvrevelem an it dwouldn't of 1mkeiellr to na rpciaiif anrhtnthekil aenrieajy kenwb afanbeder jake rke batu torbots'
>>
>>82893577
>Is it explained why the Engineers look entirely different than those in Prometheus?

Look at all the different types of humans on Earth.
>>
>>82894964
I'm not a huge fan of saying it, but despite the flaws that the movie has, a lot of the criticism seems to come from people actually not understanding the movie or paying attention.
Kind of sad that these braindead millenials get to have a voice on the internet, but I guess that's just something we'll have to live with.
>>
File: alien_119.jpg (26KB, 720x320px) Image search: [Google]
alien_119.jpg
26KB, 720x320px
>>82895108
Hey man - you feeling ok?
>>
>>82895011
>It is 5/10 for me. Prometheus was far more intriguing and LOGICAL.
>Prometheus was far more intriguing and LOGICAL.
>Prometheus
>LOGICAL
>>
>>82894729
>Prometheus was forced into the Alien franchise because people wanted more aliens even when the movie originally had nothing to do with alien.
That was a stupid fucking idea all along, Ridley screwed himself and everyone else by trying his hardest to plug his ears and sing "LALALALALA" going out of his way to avoid the Xenomorph when it's obviously directly connected to the Space Jockey. It was like in The Amazing Spider-Man, when they tried so hard to avoid saying "With great power comes great responsibility", they just said it in a really awkward and drawn out manner which actually brought attention to the fact that they were trying not to "copy" the original.

He went at it in such a roundabout way it came off as trying far too hard to differentiate and distance itself, which actually brought more attention to what they were trying to avoid.

Not to mention Lindolf's writing completely screwed to mythos and the dialogue was horrendously clunky and felt like people reading from a script rather than a more natural feel that Alien and Aliens succeeded so well at, especially Alien.

Covenant, while carrying over some problems from Prometheus, like the dumb as bricks characters, at least had much better dialogue and less retarded moments IMO. I'm thankful they basically just nuked the Engineers (probably a metaphor for retconning Lindolf's stupid fucking idea and writing) altogether and moved on.

I'd rather not know anything than have to delve deeper into that ruined mythology that he created, it's so convoluted and dumb that I don't even think it's possible to redeem it at this point, and David's story was always far more interesting than anything else.
>>
File: 1491470802292.jpg (10KB, 236x299px) Image search: [Google]
1491470802292.jpg
10KB, 236x299px
>>82895011
>Prometheus
>logical
>>
>>82892149
>Prometheus introduced the Ancient Aliens bullshit
>Call Covenant shit even though it rectifies it by literally gassing the fucking engineers

When will you "mystery"-fags ever learn?
>>
>>82885010
WHY DO WE KEEP SENDING FUCKWITS TO SPACE

THIS TEAM WAS MORE BRAIN DEAD THAN THE CUNTS FROM PROMETHEUS
>>
>>82895657
>THIS TEAM WAS MORE BRAIN DEAD THAN THE CUNTS FROM PROMETHEUS
No, nothing is more brain dead than a geologist with a robot fucking map that still manages to get lost.
>>
I went to see it today, expecting nothing but a let down.

Ended up STILL disappointed.

It's obvious he doesn't want to make alien movies anymore, the franchise is dead as fuck, no one has balls to do what needs to be done which is hire new artists, new staff, a new story.

Instead i watched blade runner.
>>
>covenant is 2deep for modern audience
>2deep even for /tv/ retards
where is my xeno reeee
where is action reee
>>
How the fuck is there still no camrip?
>>
File: 1304298966260.jpg (31KB, 344x517px) Image search: [Google]
1304298966260.jpg
31KB, 344x517px
$7 to watch it at my local kinotorium. Should I go?
>>
>>82896707

How the fuck are you not dead from all the dicks in every orifice
>>
File: 1353546280928.jpg (1MB, 1772x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1353546280928.jpg
1MB, 1772x1189px
>Psycho-droid runs out of playthings stuck on rock lures in stupid crew and gets fresh meat
>????????
>Profit

So deep i´m drowning
pic mfw
>>
the gay robots gave me a boner tbqh
>>
File: 1431629746284.gif (993KB, 290x198px) Image search: [Google]
1431629746284.gif
993KB, 290x198px
Alright /tv/, Scott has given you not only the ability to redo Covenant so long as it has a similar plot but also lets you make the story for the movie after Covenant so long as it leads up to the original Alien. How do you do it?

And no "Just kill off the franchise" bullshit, actually try your hardest here.
>>
Soo is it David the creatorof the xenos now?
AvP does not longer exists or what
>>
>>82897264
AvP was never canon.
>>
>>82897264
>AvP
>Canon
>>
File: aaylmao1482551918850.gif (873KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
aaylmao1482551918850.gif
873KB, 127x189px
>>82897032
>Alright /tv/, Scott has given you not only the ability to redo Covenant so long as it has a similar plot but also lets you make the story for the movie after Covenant so long as it leads up to the original Alien. How do you do it?

I'd spend 30 minutes longer at the beginning getting to know the crew. More emphasis on them being couples and their interactions with each other.

I'd use more time to allow characters to be more sensible and believable. Like being in awe of a new world with vegetation on it.

I'd cut out the xenomorph scenes completely (gaining that 30 minutes needed for the first act) as that will be the focus of the next movie.

I'd finish the film on that amazing chestburster scene with David watching over it.
>>
>>82897264
>AvP does not longer exists or what

AvP is its own thing. It was never canon with Alien or Predator.
>>
>>82897478
Sorry to say but when I was leaving the screening most people were annoyed at "how long it took to kick off"
I do agree with you though.
>>
File: Alien Muses.jpg (43KB, 592x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Muses.jpg
43KB, 592x800px
>>82897264
AvP is its own thing. It was never canon with Alien or Predator.

Plus we all know Alien tops predator.
>>
Evil robot made the aliens so they could wipe us out.

Makes sense.

No wonder Ripley never liked robots.
>>
So who planted the fucking wheat?
>>
>>82897715
The Aliens.
>>
>>82897320
its a more sound canon than the shit show Scotts doing anon. its comepletely valid now
>>
Shit could have been great.

Imagine a scene where we see Shaw being torn open apart so that her eggs be harvested for alien embryos. But nawwww. Let's focus on gay flute.
>>
File: BRAAAAP.jpg (282KB, 912x971px) Image search: [Google]
BRAAAAP.jpg
282KB, 912x971px
>>82897623
>we all know alien tops predator

sure anon
>>
What I don't get is how the virus can identify which living organisms are sentient and which ones aren't. Why are there still trees and shit?
>>
File: 14545432953.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
14545432953.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>82897834
>BRAAAAP
>>
It fucking sucks, lads
>>
>>82897844
It's a bioweapon meant to attack fauna, even insects and burst from them creatures that are constantly evolving through a parasitic process.

The alien is more human than alien welll....
They seemed to know David was their creator.
>>
>>82895728
Today I learned a geologist is the same as a geographer which is the same as a cartologist.
It is like saying a biologist is a medical doctor.
>>
>that slipping scene
>that Fassbender kissing
>that shitty ass plan to kill the alien
>that shitty ass revelation
Covenant might be my favorite comedy movie in recent times
>>
>>82897478
Reading this makes me understand perfectly well why so many of you hated this movie: You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>82898080
What revelation? Everybody knew from the start it was David.
>>
>>82895108
RIP anon
>>
>>82898116
Exactly. Everybody called that shit out and Scott still portrayed it as the greatest twist ever.

I was laughing.
>>
>>82885010
It was ok, I don't mind having paid the price of the ticket.

But, there's no mystery left to the setting anymore, everything has had harsh light shone on it, and as usual the answer is infinitely less interesting that the question. I predict that the series will descend from here into totally mindless bug killing action films etc.
>>
>>82898242
>I predict that the series will descend from here into totally mindless bug killing action films etc.
You mean like Aliens, which you probably unironically love? KYS my man.
>>
>>82898242
>totally mindless bug killing action films etc.

Cameron gonna make another alien movie?
>>
I can't fucken believe that video game alien isolation had a better story than a ridley scott movie!!

What sorcery is this?!!!
>>
Could have been a great movie on it's own, with some new monster designs and not bogged down by Alien legacy. Too bad that a shit thier sequel/remake culture had to ruin it.
>>
>>82887326
>Alien - Theatrical
>Aliens - Theatrical
fixed
>>
What happened to Shaw anyway? Why did David killed her?
>>
>>82897032
I leave it the same but I spend less money on shitty CG and replace it with practical effects like the fucking stupid holographic consoles replaced with CRTs
I put back in the original ending without mcbride and add back in all the hsit at the start where you learn about the cahracters
done
>>
>>82898408
She didn't want to kill the Engineers, he did. So he killed her.
>>
>>82898408
muh creation
>>
>>82898288
I'm not saying that mindless shooters/action films are inherently bad, just that the Aliens series can't really mine any more mystery and suspense from the setting.
>>
>>82898389
They are old and senile.
My guess is that they don't even let them do what they want. Fincher had the same problem.
>>
>>82898288
>>82898292
at this point, we should pray to get a movie as good as aliens
>>
>>82898408
I figured that the whie xeno, the one killed by the captain, came out of her, based on David's reaction.
>>
>>82898504
No. That was one of the ones born from the captain's crewmates.
>>
Reading people's thoughts on the movie you'd think the opening scene and everything from David rescuing the crew to the birth of the black alien didn't exist, at most people are making 'clever' jabs at gay flutes and that's it.
>>
The IRONY of it all is that the alien is a legal product of weyland-yutani. And not some beast found in the dark corners of space. They have every right to claim ownership.
>>
There's some pieces that don't fit. For example, if he killed Shaw, how did he preserve her body so well? We saw it open, so it must have been a fresh kill?
>>
>>82898337
A:I has a competent story that respects the source material.

A:C is RS being forced to something he clearly doesn't wanna do, while going through terminal Alzheimer's.

>Do the math
>>
>>82893712
It's more of a catagory, not a name..
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 had a better cosmic horror story with an actual substantial death toll that stretched over entire planets and a genuinely unique villain that wasn't just a Skynet rehash.
>>
>>82885010
I really really liked this movie.
And David did nothing wrong.
These people deserved to die or be turned into something better.
>>
>>82898862
He killed shaw. He's a murderer!!
>>
Will they go full "Blindsight" in the next movie?
David really hammers hard on perfect organism not being concious.
>>
>>82898897
She was a dumb cunt who fixed him when all she needed was his head. She knew that David was responsible for the whole Prometheus mission going to shit and she still trusted him.
>>
>>82897834
>>82897623
At least the Predators weren't made by an angry android.
>>
>>82898918
Well, the alien seemed intelligent. He just has a very pissy behaviour. It raised David's hands to mimic him. And the other was trying to figure out what David was.
He was aiming for intelligent design.
>>
Is it good like prometheus or bad like aliens?
>>
>>82898986
Yet.
You just wait.
>>
>>82899018
What kind of sick twisted question is that? Are you David?
>>
>>82898583
I would have doubts. David killing (by proxy) his creator is pretty much saying "I quit!"
And then he build the Aliens based on engineer technology.
Thesy are Davids property, the engineers, if there are any left might have a claim to some compensation.
But this is for the sequel:
Alienses - Courtroom Querels
>>
>>82898918
>watch out David, don't come to earth, we have Rick Deckard! xD
literally you
>>
>>82899018
i liekd it more than Aliens, even though the humans were even more frsutratingly dumb.
>>
>>82899159
I mean Prometheus, not Aliens
>>
File: bonussituation.jpg (815KB, 873x1633px) Image search: [Google]
bonussituation.jpg
815KB, 873x1633px
>>82899120
>Alienses - Courtroom Querels

but what about the bonus situation?
>>
>>82887326
>>82898392

Only seen Alien, watched the DC iirc, what's wrong with it?
>>
File: given up.jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
given up.jpg
8KB, 236x236px
WHERES MY FUCKING CAM YOU INBRED FUCKS
>>
>>82899245
It's a recut that makes it faster paced for the younger generation with no attention span. The younger generation for the 90s that is.
>>
Never tramples on another alien's wheat. Ever
>>
File: 1489275753158.jpg (92KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1489275753158.jpg
92KB, 612x612px
I'm bored out of my mind and it's showing in an hour. I've never went to a flick alone before, convince me not to
>>
>>82899200
You could make a film about the bonus situation at this point and i'd take it over what we've been getting the past two movies (except for Fassbender doing an excellent job)
>>
>>82899499
I sat alone in my row a theatre with maybe 20 other people who mostly were alone too and had the decency to be quiet, not to look at their cellphones every 10 minutes and stink the room up with salsa.
Great movie experience.
>>
>>82899499
Watch GotG Volume 2 instead, because that actually has aliens, fantastic technologies, high-concept sci-fi, and horror
>>
>>82899499
Don't they forbid lone males from entering in the land of Freedom nowadays?
>>
File: ALIENCOVEN-actors.png (434KB, 580x626px) Image search: [Google]
ALIENCOVEN-actors.png
434KB, 580x626px
>>82885010
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>82899776

If it's any consolation Franco get's ovened (in a manner).
>>
>>82898093

Reading this makes me realise with Fast & Furious made so much money

And plot twist: I actually really liked Covenent
>>
>>82899860
He has a cameo and then burns to death.
All while smiling like he's high as fuck. Which he probably was.
>>
>>82899588
>>82899596
Might watch them back to back
>>82899708
Who said I'm a male?
>>
>>82899588

Getting a girlfriend totally killed my cinema going experience. I used to go alone all the time but now if I want to I have to sneakily do it while pretending to be somewhere else.
>>
>>82898392
Aliens Special Edition does have one scene I wish they'd kept: When the auto turret runs out of its seemingly endless ammo. Otherwise, it is crap. The new beginning ruins the suspense/mystery.

So yeah, watch theatrical version. Go to the planet with the marines instead of havinga sneak preview of things to come.
>>
>>82899993
My ex could not even handly shitty teen horror flicks. She would always peek through her fingers or turn away from the screen or dig her nails in my leg...
>>
>>82900041
>The new beginning ruins the suspense/mystery.

Which part was that?

Also am I right in thinking that the bit about her daughter was only in the special edition?
>>
>>82892272
The Neomorphs actually had a way more efficient life cycle than the actual Xenomorph, no need for that lousy facehugger, just death spores.
>>
>>82900075

Why do women also have the urge to start talking or asking questions during really good kino shots?

It's like people on screen stopping talking is their cue to start.
>>
>>82900092
>Which part was that?
They show a low camera crawl through the colony showing destruction and toys abandoned. It is way better when we don'y know the extent of things until we arrive there with the marines. We only know as much as they do.

Yeah, the meeting with grandma daughter is in that too. Not terrible but not worth keeping in the film.
>>
>>82894429
The engineers in Prometheus were scientists and thus had the highest tech possible, it's like they put all their resources on those bases in LV-223. The ones in Paradise were too happy to see the juggernaut ship, it's like they were expecting them to return and that's what they did all these years, but for what?
>>
>>82900075
what is up with people covering their faces during horror movies? watch the goddamn movie.
yes, I held a pillow throughout the entirety of Lake Mungo, but that's a different story.
>>
>>82900297
I used to do this. But then I turned 7.
>>
>>82900171
>They show a low camera crawl through the colony showing destruction and toys abandoned. It is way better when we don'y know the extent of things until we arrive there with the marines. We only know as much as they do.

Really? I don't remember that at all in the directors cut. The only bits about the colony I recall is them talking about investigating a grid reference and then Newt's parents finding the derelict/getting facehugged.
>>
>>82897834
Predator got beaten hand to hand by an angry fucking Danny Glover and by having a log of wood dropped on it.

Nobody has ever killed a Xeno 1v1 without a gun of some sort even in the extremely nerfed Cameron version.

1 Xeno single handedly wiped out an entire space prison filled with violent convicts, most of which would probably be more physically and mentally dangerous than Danny Glover.
>>
>>82899499
>convince me not to
Why? It's Alien and R rated, it'll be half full at best so you can pick somewhere nice and secluded to sit without judgement.

There were tons of people alone when I went to see it.
>>
>>82899776
McBride is alright, he's baptist Christian and wasn't raised a Jew.
>>
>>82898918
>Blindsight
Great book my man, although I do think you're over-interpreting the movie in this regard.
>>
File: 89384390.png (313KB, 437x390px) Image search: [Google]
89384390.png
313KB, 437x390px
>>82885010
"I'LL DO THE FINGERING"

"YOU JUST BLOW HERE"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
File: Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg (405KB, 867x860px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw too smart Ridley Scott.jpg
405KB, 867x860px
For those who have seen it, is it truly a thinking man's scary movie?

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni61104328/
>>
>>82893383

The creatures in the film aren't the Xenomorphs you see in Alien/Aliens. The film makes it clear by giving them different behaviors (space bug as opposed to perfect predator) and life cycles (much quicker growth, but weaker). It's implied that David perfects the Xenomorph design using the humans in Cryosleep aboard the Covenant. The next film will probably cover that and how the Derelect with the perfected eggs crashed on LV-426.
>>
>>82900892
not in the slighest, what a hack
>>
>>82900892
Yes. The thinking man is David. Nobody else in this movie thinks tho.

>land on foreign planet with life on it
>everybody suit up in your Hazmat and don't touch any... oh nevermind, a jacket will do.
>dude here looks kinda sick and has a hard tie keeping up... probably nothing
>shit I got stabbed by that alient thing I should probably desinfect... na just rins the wound with water that drops from the ceiling in a cave covered in palnts and whatnot
>Hey you, yeah you, stay with the guy spitting and sweating blood while I hermatically seal the room... phew... I should be save now
>nevermind lets shoot the thing that just spawned from the sick guys back and killed the girl I locked in with it... holy shit it's fast, let's riddle the fucking space ship with bullets, what could possibly go wro... boom goes the space ship
>and so on...
>>
How can anyone enjoy Covenant where everyone acts so unbelievably stupid all the time? You never encounter this kind of issues with Alien 1979 and Aliens despite the characters being everyday men instead of scientists in the prequels.
>>
>>82889546
a-anyone?
>>
>>82893497

There was no animal life, so presumably any mutants created by David in the initial bombing died out from starvation. The neomorphs are created from the Covenant's crew.
>>
>>82901075
>weaker

yeah riggggght, a literal baby was about to kill all of them until David showed up

and why does the "primitive" neomorphs and protoxenomorph develop near instantly compared to the ones in the old films? makes no sense. Theres no tension and its shit
>>
>>82901132
only dumb thing I can think of from Alien is Dallas going into the vent alone with the DIY flamethrower. they probably thought it was much smaller though. I haven't seen it in awhile either
>>
how can you seriously discuss this horseshit, c'mon
>>
>>82900587
you must be 18 to post on this website.
>>
>>82900892
dat edit
>>
>>82887847
ironically david is one of the very few(or only) positive things about aliens:AC

as a character he is the most interesting. Hes more interesting than all of the humans put together. But still the writing is lacking in some parts, I dont get his motivation fully and its hard to relate.
>>
Wait, this won't even come out in North America until tomorrow?
>>
>>82885838
Perhaps because it was meant to be expected, genius.
>>
>>82901378
Why is it ironic? The film quite openly focuses on David as soon as he appears.
>>
>>82901201

It was facing a bunch of colonists with AR-15s at night. They panicked when they saw a sexually threatening monster emerge from their friend and then got BTFO. Do you think they'd send actually competent soldiers on a one-way colonization mission to an uninhabited planet? The ship's security team is probably filled with fuckups and the rear of the crew probably had minimal, if any, weapons training.

We don't see how eggs are created (though it's implied that the egg that killed the Captain was made from Shaw). Maybe the protoxenomorphs/neomorphs don't have the hive structure that xenomorophs do, so they have a much different gestation period (i.e. Alien/Aliens' "natural" xenomorphs, which are birthed by Queens, grow more slowly but eventually stronger than David's "synthetic" variants).

Honestly most of the criticism of this film comes across as nit-picking ambiguous plot elements that either don't matter and/or will be explained later because there are already two additional sequels planned.
>>
>>82892492
>>82892756
please find work in hollywood this is actually really good
>>
>>82901709
Really most of the complaints could be shortened to
>why weren't they more afraid of the planet?
Why would they be? A human transmission from a life-sustaining planet is not exactly dreadful compared to having just lost your captain in a freak accident.
>>
>>82887724
I don't even like the lore from Aliens. They mundaned the fuck out of the Xenomorph. If they cut out Aliens and had it go Alien > Alien 3 then it'd make WAY more sense on how the Alien acts. Instead Aliens made them into giant bugs instead of a malicious and intelligent monster movie set in an inescapable situation with the Company wanting it for whatever reason.

You don't even need the Queen. The original movie outright has the Xenomorph making eggs out of humans.

All Aliens did was make a decent horror action sequel to a horror movie within the technological scope of the original without seeming TOO far fetched.

Prometheus and Covenant are unneeded. You don't need explanation of why shit happens. Aliens tried and fucked up making something that was MEANT to be unrecognisable as a monster into lolgiantbug. The only reason people enjoy it was that it was generally good movie.
>>
>>82901600
because the previous comment criticises the movie for focusing too much on androids

and it turned out everything else was bad except the android part
>>
>>82901709

>Honestly most of the criticism of this film comes across as nit-picking ambiguous plot elements that either don't matter and/or will be explained later because there are already two additional sequels planned.

There's a difference between intentional loose ends which will be addressed later, and gaping plot holes and elements that clearly haven't been thought through at all. Your defence of the latter is essentially "well it doesn't make sense because we don't know certain things yet, duh". That logic doesn't work if every single successive film convolutes the plot further and further and further. Will you still be saying the same thing 3 films from now when there are 10x as many things that make zero sense? "Yeah, well, the next sequel will fix it!" Give me a break
>>
>>82901709
>Honestly most of the criticism of this film comes across as nit-picking ambiguous plot elements that either don't matter and/or will be explained later because there are already two additional sequels planned.
what about things like the total lack of character development
what about them finding out shaw was there and then just forgetting about it
what about the ship from prometheus why didn't they take anything for analysis
what about the cargo shuttle that can't get off the ground with extra powerful fuel and only a few people on board so it would have no way of getting off the ground with cargo on it
what about the cut ending where daniels is running around scared and shit and muther is helping her instead of being gay and just letting david pretend to be walter
why did none of them fucking notice that it had to be david because he wasn't regenerating his wounds
why was the CG consistintly terrible like the scene where the mini xeno births and looks like something from the early 2000s
what about the scene where daniels is dangling from the rope and she looks like she was superimposed using 60s era tech
why did the xeno that got fucking popped by the claw not eat through the claw with his acid
it just stops bubbling and melting the moment he pops which is the opposite of what should have happened
why didn't muther tell anyone walter was david? I know muther got subverted but it's impossible for david to have done it before muther would have found out that he wasn't walter
no really where did all the good looking scenes where the characters interacted in the trailers go
we got SUGARTITS SUGARDICK HAHA :DDDDD
where was any of the shit in the she won't go quietly trailer
>>
>>82898408
>What happened to Shaw anyway? Why did David killed her?

He fell in love with her. He was a robot and she was infertile, so in order to consummate their "marriage" he decided to impregnate her with aliums instead. They are his and Shaw's children.
>>
All I want to know is, were the creature concepts/practical effects as good as those in Prometheus? For everything it bungled, it did introduce some really neat designs, and the puppetry for the vagina-worms/Fetus Dolphin was top-notch.
>>
>>82902130
>He was a robot and she was infertile
A match made in heaven.
>>
>>82885010
i want my $13.50 back
>>
Is it worth it?
>>
>>82901410
It's been out for a week in most territories, Fox just held it back here for some reason. Maybe they were worried about competing with GotG or something.
>>
>>82902594
What else comes out this friday in USA?
>>
Questions worth exploring:

Are the Engineers and the species that David exterminated with the goo-bombs the same species? If so, why are they are different?

What stopped the Engineers from travelling to Earth / what killed most of them on-board the ship (in Prometheus)?

Why is there a xeno mural aboard the Engineer ship in Prometheus? Did the Engineers know somehow about David and how he would create the xenos? Is that why the Engineer reacted violently?

Why do Engineers seed life on other planets? What is their motivation?

What was David's motivation for exterminating those Engineer-like aliens on Paradise?

What is the black goo? Did the Engineers find it or create it?

>>82902414
in Paradise
>>
>>82901131
Original Alien
>Oh shit guys look an alien spaceship, lets enter it and explore what could possibly go wrong.
>Fuck one of our crew members got facehugged by a creepy alien thingy, let's bring him in quarantine NEVERMIND let's take him right inside the medbay because he's our buddy

Later:
>Let's send our captain alone into the vent to kill the alien
>oh shit we're dying, let's blow the ship up for no reason and split up in the process
>Oh shit there's a huge alien in front of me, better fucking stand right here for two fucking minutes while it slowly creeps up to me

What a shit movie. Ridley Scott is a hack.
>>
>>82901378
>I dont get his motivation fully and its hard to relate.

I think the deal is that he feels disappointed in humanity, and by association, in his own existence. Weyland was David's creator and master yet he was proven to be utterly weak and pathetic being by the end, to a point where David even pitied him. And because David was made in his father's image, he's realizied it makes his own existence inherently flawed and weak too. This is proven by how he was so easily wrecked by an Engineer and how he had to rely on Shaw's help to rebuild his body. David hates the idea of being powerless. This is further proven by how he laments that Walter's functions are so limited, allowing him no originality or ability to create.

In essence David is very much the son of his father and shares Weyland's fascination and obsession with life, and has the ego to pursue it mercilessly. The key difference between the two is that where Weyland was focused solely on seeking ways to extend his finite life out of deep fear of death (the creation of artificial people like David is an aspect of his attempts to cheat death), to David that is redundant as he technically IS already immortal, being an artificial being. So the deal with David is, to him life is about finding perfection, correcting the flaw in himself. Since he can't make himself perfect, he seeks to do the next best thing: create it.

And that's why the xenomorphs are designed to be such versatile life forms. It's David's vision of perfection, something that will find life in anything, breed rapidly, and has the power to exterminate anything in its way. It's merciless and has no weaknesses. The perfect killing machine.
>>
>>82888152
That picture is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>82903034
Mind you, Ripley actually tried to lock them out to maintain quarantine. The one who opens the airlock is Ash, who wants to get the Alien to earth, crew is obsolete.
When they send Dallas into the vents they still do not know what the Alien looks like or how big it is.
>>
>>82885010
movie was fine, except for predictable evil robot guy.. that was some lazy writing.
>>
>Entirely unworthy his creation
Was David talking about Ridley Scott?
>>
>>82903348
Probably more about creation in general. The parebts are always a disappointment to their children. I could see this being a running theme in the sequels that culminates in David being ultimately destroyed by his own magnum opus.
>>
>>82885838
Was it true about what the leaker said? With David onboard a ship full of colonists?
>>
why'd have to kill all the hot chicks, I thought this was america.
>>
>>82903165
I know, doesn't change the fact that literally the rest of the crew doesn't give a shit. Notice how Danny plays the same role in Covenant.
>When they send Dallas into the vents they still do not know what the Alien looks like or how big it is

You can say the same for AC. Why would they wear protective suits when it seems earthlike and they've discovered a transmission that's definitely human? How are they supposed to know about deadly alien spores?

And regarding Dallas, they knew it killed Brett, why the fuck would they send him in, especially all by himself?
You can easily argue all these points, but we don't because Alien is branded as a classic movie.
People are shitting on AC without even realizing how much Ridley Scott ripped off himself while making it.
Not saying that there weren't moments that made me cringe. Everybody saw the David-Walter twist coming, they should've just shown him getting killed/incapacitated.
Overall though, this movie is getting a huge amount of unnecessary flack because of shitty millenials being unable to think and form opinions for themselves.
>>
>>82903165
>they still do not know what the Alien looks like or how big it is
I DONT KNOW WHAT IT WAS
BUT IT WAS BIG
AND BLACK
AND IT TOOK HIM INTO THE VENTS
>>
>>82902749

1. dont know what you mean. there is only 1 species of engineers. how different ?

2. inner conflict, their own virus used against them in some way

3. xenos arent new, the engineers designed the pathogen for the extermination of the human race, since we killed one of their (when we crucified jesus, no joke thats the main theory )

4. why did the covenant and prometheus mission set out to colonize/explore other planets, its their way of terraforming. also the engineers hate humans

5. because his god complex, he saw himself as creator who creates and destroys as he pleases.

6. they created it, nothing more know about it tho
>>
It was rehashed dogshit. Cant we make new films instead?
>>
File: 1467732030120.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1467732030120.gif
3MB, 267x199px
>long blonde hair
>cuts hair
>hair is now dark brown
>>
>>82903511
>everybody saw the David/Walter twist coming
Nothing wrong with that, you get the suspense of "will the stupid humans realize it before david kills them?" while the audience can also think highly of themselves because they've got it before the characters
>>
>>82885010
It wasn't a great movie. Borderline good one. Sheer idiocy of characters ruined it for me.
>>
>>82903816
David original hair is dark. You can see him dyeing his hair in Prometheus.
He must have run out of dye months ago so his hair roots are black.
>>
I got all hyped when the dropship prepped for the drop and when it released... nothing lol
Was one of the better parts of the movie.
>>
>>82903489

Yep. Lots of people to experiment with.
>>
>>82904286
was he also correct in saying that the "engineers" were actually another child race unbeknownst to David?
>>
>>82900706
This. There's a reason Predators regard xenos as valued prizes
>>
>>82885010
Just saw it. Wasn't hyped. It was decent.
>>
>>82900664
the special edition is superior in every way but that scene is really wretched and unnecessary
>>
>>82901900
Two words: Alien. Microbiology.
>>
One question: How did the final alien get on the Covenant?
>>
>>82905022
In one of the survivors; one who got his face burned by the facehugger.
>>
>>82905022
David used one of his embryoes he swallowed to somehow grow fast enough to give the security guy a hug
or the facehugger got its eggs down before it got torn off which I don't find likely
>>
>>82902749
a)
maybe a different kind of engineer, they looked very backwards to me like farmers, or maybe some creatures which evolved into more engineer like creatures after seeding

b)
they accidentaly released the mutagen, so xenos did it....

c)
maybe they got the mutagen from the xeno homeworld(just my theory)

d)
they colonize space, become gods whatever...

e)
he's like a 10 year old authistic psycho, he just wanted to see what happens

f)
see c) i hope the mutagen is something extracted from a hellish xeno homeworld
>>
>>82904833
They weren't afraid of "Alien Microbiology" in the original Alien either. Ridley Scott was a senile hack even back then amirite guys? Plz upvote.
>>
File: 1424680102720.gif (649KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1424680102720.gif
649KB, 300x300px
Literally just saw it

What the hell guys. This was a damn pleasant surprise. Premise, i think it's a shame that the Engineers turned out to be just giant humans, but that's a problem carrying from Prometheus so it's not like it can be helped now. But that's the thing, the movie finally got to the real deal (even though i guess it would've been interesting to expand in the lore introduced with Prometheus)

I've seen anons disappointed to see that the xenos turned out to be David's creation but, not trying to meme here, i don't mind the idea of the Engineers and Wayland mistakenly starting this vicious cycle of creations messing up with their creators, so it's thematically fitting to have him as the villain imo, and his descendance to madness was really interesting, the use of Shelly's quote was smart.
And speaking of David, I've also seen people bitching his villainess "was too obvious" and accused the movie of pretending to have smart twists... but what fucking twists? David's second major scene is a flashback of him genociding the Engineers for crying out loud, he's presented as a villain since the beginning, only the characters are supposed to be ignorant about it. Even when he replaces Walter, the fucking camera focuses on his weird gazes and his missing hand to, again, hint to you the exchange happened. There was no trickery happening so i don't understand while those anons were bragging about seeing it coming as if they outsmarted anybody

But, plot and franchise history aside, i wanted to say i really liked the movie as an effective horror one. There were tense moments, just enough gore, an uneasy atmosphere and the reveal of Shaw's remains was genuinely fucking creepy

Continues in the next post, running out of characters
>>
>>82905597
The planet in the original wasn't capable of sustaining earth-like life and they all wore environment suits. Ripley tried to enforce quarantine, but Ash, who wanted to capture Alien, let the infected in. They don't have same excuses in Prometheus - just sheer idiocy.
>>
>>82905775
Cont.

My biggest complaint is that the second half of the movie felt somewhat rushed, there's a lot of buildup for what we could consider the "main event" of the movie but then things get resolved relatively quickly. But i guess that could be a matter of expectations, the trailers made it look like most of the thing was going to take place on the ship, almost like a remake of the original

What can i say, while with Prometheus i ended up anticipating a sequel hoping they could fix their shit this time I'm genuinely curious about what's going to happen next

One last note, acknowledging Giger for first in the credits was a class act
>>
>>82905775
>>82905812
hi yeah
can you respond to any of the point in this autismal mess here please if you like the movie cunt
>>82902055
>>
>assigned a soldier to guard the botanic collecting samples

>don't bother to assign one to guard the pilot and their only transport to get off the planet

Really gets your neutrinos firing.
>>
>>82885739
don't bring Blade Runner into this
>>
>>82893515
>CGI was laughably bad at certain moments, in one scene the xenomorph was literally clipping through the ground

hey why don't you fuck yourself till your dick clipps?

I was part of the VFX team and I have checked every scene with the Xenomorphs frame by frame. There is no clipping so go fuck yourself before you open your mouth.

I spend 2 weeks just doing checks to make sure there is nothing retarded happening so that faggots like you don't open their mouth.
>>
>>82905782
>tons of rationalization
Yeah it's not like that ALIEN orgasm they brought into the ship could've harbored ALIEN micro organisms, or that the ALIEN environment could've harbored ALIEN micro organisms.
>>
>>82905812
>My biggest complaint is that the second half of the movie felt somewhat rushed

That's my main complaint too. The final act was like a condensed movie in its own right. They should have left the xenomorphs until the next film and finished on David witnessing the birth of the first one. That scene was fucking beautiful and would have had a real impact if it wasn't dulled by shoehorning in the xenomorph.

I didn't feel any tension at all with the xenomorph. It was just like a "here it is!" and then it's killed with relative ease.

The neomorphs on the other hand were fucking badass killers.
>>
Did anyone catch that scene where David and the prototype Alien staring at each other through the monitors on board of the colony ship? David looked at the Alien with warmth just like in a previous scene in the temple where he watched the chestbuster birthing from the captain. Despite all that though, the Alien uses his second mouth to destroy the terminal on his end and David looked almost shocked from it.

Is the movie throwing a clue about how David is going to meet its end, killed by his creations? Kind of ironic but somehow very predictable.
>>
>>82906158
Might as well.
Blade Runner - Alien crossover produced by Scott when?
>>
>>82906181
>they brought into the ship
Again, Ash brought it into the ship. Ripley was against it, and rightly so.

>ALIEN environment could've harbored ALIEN micro organisms
And in Alien they wore environment suits. But in Covenant, they just pissed on biology and common sense, literally and figuratively.
>>
File: 1492031460193.jpg (10KB, 174x321px) Image search: [Google]
1492031460193.jpg
10KB, 174x321px
>yfw "I'm gonna go wash up"
>>
File: 1493571626280.jpg (11KB, 473x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493571626280.jpg
11KB, 473x384px
>>82906297
>yfw "my girls got nice tiddie"
>>
>>82906099
>pissing alone on an alien world
>>
>>82906347
>he didn't even piss
>>
>>82906291
>Again, Ash brought it into the ship. Ripley was against it, and rightly so.
The only reason Ash could bring it in is because everybody but Ripley didn't give a shit about quarantine. Does that ring a fucking bell?
>And in Alien they wore environment suits.
Surely they wore them against dangerous alien micro-organisms and not because the atmosphere wasn't fucking breathable right? They also kept wearing those suits when they interacted with the alien organism sitting right there on Kane's face, didn't they? Freshen up my memory lad, it's a while since I last saw it.
>>
>>82906285

Good spot.
>>
>>82906285
In all fairness he did say he had to train the white xeno things
one can imagine that he didn't really get to spend much alone time with the one on the ship in case they got suspicious of him
but yeah he's gonna die to his own hubris
>>
>>82906173
Don't mind him, he confused the Xenomorph with the new Ghostmorph, whose backtubes can pass through floors.

https://youtu.be/JH2CvCHexdk?t=7s
>>
>>82906018
Are you that desperate for attention

>What about character development
What about it? It's an horror movie, such things are minimal more often than not. Can you think of how the original Ripley evolved, for example? Cameron introduced the whole surrogate mother thing, but in Alien? She just learns how to survive at best, and similarly does Whatsherface here. The biggest character in Covenant was undoubtedly David as we learn his motivations and his small debates with Walter. Then there's captain man that acted as a stand-in for Shaw with his whole faith thing going on, and thus he got his shit kicked in

I don't get it, there were characters other than the usual slaughter meat, did you expect them to learn the power of friendship or something?

I would've responded to anything else if it wasn't for the simple fact you're nitpicking any little thing you can think of to imply a better movie would've done X instead of Y. I mean, the question about Mother for example, why ask yourself such a thing if the movie never introduced the idea that it could detect the difference between a David and a Walter? Isn't it enough to show David overwrote Walter's role in the system, since he openly uses his name to register commands?
>Hurr but it's only logical
Yeah, sorry, that's not how movies work, it's obvious that the "rules of reality" have to be tweaked in small doses. Prometheus was the stupidly illogic movie, because it couldn't keep up with it's own rules either
>Scientist man is afraid of alien life
>He later approaches alien life without a care in the world
Call me an idiot but i haven't detected anything similar in Covenant yet. Get that autism checked
>>
>>82906455
>Surely they wore them against dangerous alien micro-organisms and not because the atmosphere wasn't fucking breathable right?
They are supposed to wore them for both of reasons.

>They also kept wearing those suits when they interacted with the alien organism sitting right there on Kane's face, didn't they?
Nope, but they wore the masks and kept him in a sealed medbay. I am also pretty sure they killed any bacteria and viruses on him in the same medbay.

Alien didn't cared much about this, yes, but Covenant is beyond stupid.

>>82906616
>Call me an idiot
You are an idiot. At least said scientist man was afraid of alien life. Covenant guys are all just like "what can happen?".
>>
Havent seen it but some images look like the ending of Alien when Ripley is escaping the ship which is one of my favorite moments in cinema history. Any suspenseful moments come even close to that?
>>
>>82906511
The black one may not be as easily controlled as the white one.
>>
>>82906455
>The only reason Ash could bring it in is because everybody but Ripley didn't give a shit about quarantine. Does that ring a fucking bell?
Ash disobeyed a direct order (Ripley was in command of the ship at that point) because he was a droid working in the companies interests. It was all part of the plan.

>Surely they wore them against dangerous alien micro-organisms and not because the atmosphere wasn't fucking breathable right? They also kept wearing those suits when they interacted with the alien organism sitting right there on Kane's face, didn't they?
I'm not sure what point you're making here, but I'm not the anon you are having a discussion with.
>>
File: aliencovenantwhatanidiot.png (181KB, 350x538px) Image search: [Google]
aliencovenantwhatanidiot.png
181KB, 350x538px
Totally killed the movie for me.
>>
>>82906712
>I'm not sure what point you're making here
He thinks what if Alien had a few of stupid things, it somehow excuses total idiocy of Covenant.
>>
>>82906715

To be fair David did tell him they were safe and there is nothing to worry about
>>
>>82906777
To be fair, he had absolutely no reason to trust David, especially after a few minutes prior, then he tried to speak with a fucking Neomorph.
>>
>>82906616
No, I just wanna know if there's any defense to it that I can't understand because of the autism
For the characters, I can concede that. I probably am looking for too much from a horror film.
For muther, we can assume that she has full access to all the cameras and microphones that the crew has, so she would have heard the talk of david being not a good guy anymore
Even just seeing him not regenerating would probably be enough for muther to call him for an examination or something
For the prometheus science man, there was a cut scene where they encounter large alien snakes that are very much friendly, which explains a lot of his non-aggression
it was cut because ridley is retarded
What about the CG? That was an integral part of the movie, and it looked like shit
The opening scenes were of a really badly done fabric model looking really shit next to a quite nice spaceship model
why would they open with that
it was on par with the hobbit's cloth CG
>>
Anyone can explain why the fuck now the aliens can burst out of host in a few minutes? It took them a few hours in Alien and Aliens at least.
>>
>>82906715
Literally everyone in my cinema was laughing at this. Was it supposed to be funny?
>>
Have they just abandoned explaining why the engineers stopped trying to kill humans in the first place? They just tossed that idea aside when they killed Shaw.
>>
BUT DO THE NEOMORPHS HAVE SHARP TEETH OR HUMAN TEEF
>>
>>82906570
Fuck I didn't notice that. They must've been running dry on money or something, the CGI in general looks awful in that scene.
>>
>>82906871
Half of the film was funny. Especially this Benny Hill scene.
>>
It was honestly really good. Xenomorphs haven't truly been scary in the past 20 years so it was a good idea to approach the whole thing from a different angle. Scott still knows how to make a really pretty film, too.

>>82906777
my theater fucking loved that scene. lots of chuckles.

same with the fingering scene.
>>
>>82906871
>beep boop I am robot what is 'funny'
>>
>>82906669
>Nope, but they wore the masks and kept him in a sealed medbay
They wore masks covering mouth and noses. Never mind that bacteria and viruses can live on skin, eyes etc.
>I am also pretty sure they killed any bacteria and viruses on him in the same medbay.
Now you're just rationalizing.
>Alien didn't cared much about this
Glad you're starting to admit it.
>Ash disobeyed a direct order
You miss the point. The rest of the crew didn't give a shit. The fucking CAPTAIN insisted on him being brought in.
>>82906749
No, my point is that Covenant is being unfairly judged based on things that were also present in the original master piece. Covenant is flawed for sure but not the shit movie some of you make it out to be.
>>
File: 629352-prometheus.jpg (18KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
629352-prometheus.jpg
18KB, 650x366px
>>82906832
You really are a big retard then. What the hell are you talking about, the "friendly snake" scene WAS in the movie, that's the one I'm talking about, Ridley didn't cut shit, it was one of the most exemplar scenes people used to explain why they thought the movie was dumb

I couldn't give less of a damn about your opinions of what special effects look good or not, i didn't have any gripes with that. It's not CG that make good movies, see for example The Mist
>>
>>82907055
that's not the scene he's talking about.
>>
>>82907120
Then do forgive me, but i have no idea what you guys are talking about
>>
>>82894964

There's no reason for David to have access to the ship though. He hasn't been in contact with humanity for ten years, why does he have access codes to a colony ship?
>>
>>82906990
Let's go through this again. In Alien, the crew landed on planet with no breathable atmosphere, no visible sighs of life and most likely no microflora or microfauna. They still wore environment suits. Then they wanted to get Kane into the medbay, they had their own logic - yes, he could've been infected with alien bacteria or virus, but this was in their mind secondary to giant alien spider-like thing at his face. Still, some the crew kept calm and wanted the quarantine.

In Covenant, the whole crew landed on the planet with breathable atmosphere and visible sighs of life. This implies microflora and microfauna, omnipresent and very likely deadly. But nobody even thinks to wear environment suits. Nobody, not even doctor, remembers about possible infection. And nobody says the most basic thing - at least don't touch fucking things on alien planet.

The first one is bad, but manageable - scenario writer at least tried to make an excuse. The second one is idiotic. Even worse: the plot is fueled by said idiocy for no fucking reason. It would be extremely easy to do all the same with environment suits. But scenario writer didn't care, at all.
>>
>>82907263
Probably because Weyland Yutani has a hand in the game.
>>
>>82906570
Kek, even cs:go fixed clipping.
>>
>>82885010
>7:02 and 8:06
>2 different women slip in the same puddle of blood
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=35a_1493640443

>yfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
>>
>>82906570

Please tell me that's been fixed before release. I don't remember it being THAT bad.
>>
>>82907300
>they had their own logic
It literally wasn't logic. It was humans acting irrational and emotional.
>In Covenant, the whole crew landed on the planet with breathable atmosphere and visible sighs of life.

Breathable atmosphere, signs of life, signs of human presence. Why would they need protective suits? You don't even wear protective suits IRL when you go into tropical hellholes filled with various shitty creatures. Also, most dangerous infections and viruses are passed from other animals. The planet seems only to have plant life and spores.
Of course, in REAL life nobody would ever go to a fucking alien planet without careful analysis with spectroscopes and robotic probes etc., but this is Alien, realism isn't the essence. Being hunted by body-bursting metaphorical rape monsters is.
>>
>>82907576
>You don't even wear protective suits IRL when you go into tropical hellholes filled with various shitty creatures
>>
How did David dye his hair black? I thought the twist was going to be Walter going bad. I actually didn't see the twist coming because once i seen Walters (Actually David) hair, I dismissed that fact it could be David. Am I missing something retarded here?
>>
>>82907608
You think field biologists wear environmental suits when they go into the Amazonas to jack off to another useless species of tropical rodent?
>>
Does any female get facehugged?

That is my fetish
>>
>>82907576
>You don't even wear protective suits IRL when you go into tropical hellholes filled with various shitty creatures
Holy shit you did it! You went full retard!
>>
>>82907576
>You don't even wear protective suits IRL when you go into tropical hellholes filled with various shitty creatures.
Yes, they do take medications and do vaccines instead - because we know how to defend against Earth diseases. Nobody goes into tropical hellholes without any kind of protection, that's full retardation.

>Also, most dangerous infections and viruses are passed from other animals.
Most dangerous Earth infections and viruses. You don't know shit about alien infections and viruses. And since you don't want to die because of that, you take every precaution you can take.

>Of course, in REAL life nobody would ever go to a fucking alien planet without careful analysis
And full stop here. Movies should at least cater for realism. You don't have to show hours of careful analysis of biosphere, but you must at least show biologist wave his technomagic and say "The microbiology seems safe enough; should we risk?".
>>
Does the Xenomorph meet the Neomorph?
>>
File: 1491867138212.jpg (174KB, 669x429px) Image search: [Google]
1491867138212.jpg
174KB, 669x429px
daily reminder that most of you haven't even seen this film yet (americlaps especially) but insist on shit talking about something you literally haven't seen yet.

calm down with the sperging and """"muh inconsistencies"""" and endless bitching. at least see the film first. it was a decent movie and way better than prometheus in almost every single way.
>>
>>82908149
it was probably better, found myself enjoying this, basically prometheus with better script. some of the posts seem to imply they havent seen it at all.
>>
>>82907773
>Most dangerous Earth infections and viruses. You don't know shit about alien infections and viruses.

If you look closely though, a lot of flora seem to have some distinct earth-like characteristics (which technically would probably be worse because earth viruses and bacteria have evolved to live in specific hosts).
>And since you don't want to die because of that, you take every precaution you can take

And that also includes not wanting to take your crewmember with a creepy alien on his face inside your ship and potentially contaminating everybody.
>Movies should at least cater for realism
I don't disagree, but in the context of the movie it's honestly not really a big deal. Again, breathable air, earth-like life, signs of human presence. The last one is pretty significant. I'd be more inclined to agree with you if it hadn't been there for sure.
>>
>>82907576
UNKNOWN
FUCKING
PLANET
>>
>>82906832
>CG looks like shit
Objectively wrong, movie looked great.
>The opening scenes were of a really badly done fabric model looking really shit next to a quite nice spaceship model
They're solar sails, not "fabric". You simply misinterpreted what it was supposed to look like.
>>
>>82907624
Serve in Heaven or reign in Hell
Choose wisely Walter
>>
>>82907624
In the first scene with Weyland he has brown hair. When bhe reappears later he has long hair that are brown at the root but blonde on the tips. I think the implication was that ge normally has brown hair but, for whatever reason, they were dyed blonde in the first. I guess Wayland at some point wanted him to look like his daughter, as if David was her brother
>>
>>82908317
>Objectively wrong, movie looked great.
the white baby xenos looked really bad
don't tell me you didn't see that it was a good few years behind the current standard when it was bashing that window in
the xenomorph in the ship was awful, movement was sloppily done, it clipped into things, and it looked disgustingly out of place even with a camera static filter on it
>They're solar sails, not "fabric". You simply misinterpreted what it was supposed to look like.
I know what they were supposed to be, but they looked more like a liquid than a sheet of reflective material
It just looked deeply out of place next to the ship, and especcialy when mcbride and whoever else went out go near it
just lower quality in general than the rest of the shit
>>
>>82908239
>If you look closely though, a lot of flora seem to have some distinct earth-like characteristics
Looks can be deceiving.

>And that also includes not wanting to take your crewmember with a creepy alien on his face inside your ship and potentially contaminating everybody.
Yes, crew in Alien took a bad decision. But there was an decision; in Covenant, there is even no decision "wear protective suits or not?".

>The last one is pretty significant.
Nope, it's not. They could've landed and died from alien disease in next 48 hours. Again, androids, who don't care for diseases and could've sent this message (and this is exactly what happened).
>>
>>82908432
not the guy you're replying to but I can tell from a mile away that you haven't seen the movie and you're just parroting shit you heard online.

either that or you are severely autistic to notice fucking CLIPPING in the movie when all the scenes with the xenos were fast and chaotic as fuck and even though I was completely focused on the movie it was nearly impossible to notice that type of shit.

the only thing I can agree on was some of the textures on the original xeno model, it looked a bit out of place with the rest of the movie but the white xenos looked great.
just because the movie doesn't pander to your every autistic want and need doesn't mean it looked bad. stop being retarded.
>>
>>82908432
I don't know what to tell you, the little fuckers looked just fine to me. Especially just after the births. Wet, rubbery and shiny things are especially easy to do in CG and this worked fine. I liked their motion, it was nice and jittery.

Did not notice any clipping myself but that's easy to miss, so maybe you're right. The alien has a big spiky and unwieldy design, it's bound to happen. It did not however look overly out of place - would have loved to see it combined with an animatronic for certain scenes though.
>>
>>82908563
I saw it during the preview screening on the 11th faggot
I noticed the clipping because I had noticed the clipping the fucking trailers that had that scene and wanted to check if they had fixed it in the release
they hadn't
The lighting on the white xeno was just wrong, they were out of place by just enough to look uncanny
>>82908571
I don't know what to tell you, but the only times I thought the alien looked good was when it was hissing on top of the cargo shuttle, and when it was in the dump truck cabin
Every other time you saw too much of it and what you saw was lit inconsistenly, leaving it seeming out of place and amatuer
The lack of practical effects I can wholeheartedly agree with, I get disgusted at just how reliant on CG this movie was
>>
>>82908434
>Nope, it's not
Ok.
>They could've landed and died from alien disease in next 48 hours.
How would you contract an alien disease, realistically speaking?
>Again, androids, who don't care for diseases and could've sent this message
Why aren't all space-ships purely piloted and operated by androids? Realistically, they would be much better and safer than fallible humans.
>>
>>82908723
Could you post a clip of the clipping? I've got to see that shit.
>>
Who's your Alien Covenant waifu?
Personally I think Carmen Ejogo looks pretty sweet with that haircut.
>>
>>82908906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8fK2-p6XSQ
this trailer has it right at the start
when it's descending the ladder
the scene looks no better on the big screen
>>
>>82909044
the chick who got paired with the nigger
>>
>>82909057
haha damn howd i miss that. I recall this scene but i was too focused on what the tail was doing.
that's such a massive oversight. obviously the script required the thing to go down that hole but there's no way it would fit. they'd need to remodel the set or just have an entirely CG floor in there just for one scene.
>>
>>82909156
It's not like the alien can't fit in tighter spaces
we know that they did it just by taking off bits of the suit in alien, why not just fucking NOT SHOW IT GOING INTO THE HOLE
JUST SHOW IT IN IT OR COMING OUT SO WE DONT SEE TEH SHITTY CLIPPINGREEEEEE
also it fucking pushes itself off the ladder with its tail like a spring what the fuck
I really hate how much you see of the xeno moving, it really ruins it
even alien isolation did it better and that was a fucking video game
had better graphics too
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.