[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is going to kill the impact of the original story, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: Roseanne.jpg (94KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
Roseanne.jpg
94KB, 446x299px
>Dan survived the heart attack
>Gotchya, he was dead the whole time, and you dont know that until the finale
>Just kidding, he actually is still alive in this new 10th season
So stupid
>>
I want to know how they're going to do it. Would be worth it if the new show is any good, but the writing of this show was so good it was one of the few laugh track sitcoms that was actually laugh-out-loud funny. I'm doubtful the writing will be that good the second time around. It's like when they said they were bringing back the old writers for The Simpsons movie and it was garbage.
>>
>>82878840
The ending was utterly absurd. It should have never happened. I hope they just retcon it, and by that I mean completely ignore it.
>>
Why is everyone except for Becky in that promo shot?
>>
They're reviving Roseanne?

What? Who wanted this?
>>
>>82880275

because she's a whore
>>
>ABC cancels Last Man Standing for political reasons and claims they're getting rid of their comedies
>gives Rosanne Barr, an outspoken Trump supporter, a her sitcom back

Are they retarded?
>>
>all those arguments
>dan kicking the shit out of jackie's abusive bf
>jackie being a ho
>jackie having fucked 70+ dudes while her bf only fucked 3 women

shit was too real son
>>
>>82880401
They also bought American Idol.

So the answer to your question is yes.
>>
>>82880401

It was the highest rated show in the country at some point in the 90s so I guess they're hoping it will pull in a ton of viewers. I'll be watching it and I never watch any new prime time network shows.
>>
>>82880637
there's no way this show will be any good unless they bring back the original writers and the entire cultural ethos of the 90s with them.

liberals are cancer now and this show will be cancer.
>>
>>82880262
Its the only thing that made the 9th season worth while. If they retcon the finale then they might as well retcon the 9th season.
>>
>>82880682
Its only going to be 8 episodes long.
>>
>>82880795
... ok? fast-acting cancer then.
>>
SURPRISE MOTHET FUCKER! Dan had a twin brother the whole time and he was the one who died.
>>
>>82879788
contemporary social politics and roseannes insanity which stole her ability to write comedy guarantee the revival will be trash
>>
>>82880401
turns out profits are the primary motive for corporations. i bet last man standing got cancelled because tim allen, whos like 65, was asking for a massive pay bump to keep doing the show
>>
>>82880827
good post
>>
>>82880917
Nope, it was confirmed no negotiations even took place.
>>
>>82880737
Eh, I'm fine with that too, to be honest. Things got weird in season 9.
>>
>>82880327
My mom
>>
>>82878840
No, you see, the finale was just a book Roseanne was writing about a book Roseanne was writing.
>>
>Metcalf, Fishman, Goranson and Chalke were all announced to return. Chalke, who played the character Becky in later seasons, will appear in a different role. [31]

wat
>>
>>82882870
Goranson played Becky in the early seasons and will return as Becky.
>>
>>82882893

I realize that, but what character are they going to create for Chalke to play is the question.
>>
>>82882945
I think they should have Goranson play Becky in the first 4.5 episodes, then have Chalke replace her mid-episode for the rest.
>>
>>82882998
de-Stalinization, just swap them every other scene.
>>
I hope it doesn't have cheap, shitty meta jokes like lots of other reunions.

Norm Macdonald's writing though, and he hates meta shit, so will hopefully be good.
>>
>>82881098
This. The whole 9th season was shit.
>>
How did it end again? Rosanne was just a mental case after her husband died and dreamed all the early seasons happened? I recall it being kinda dark
>>
It's gunna feel super forced and be terrible isn't it
>>
>>82883060

I called this gag before I even knew that both Becky's would appear. The joke is too obvious to really be funny, but then again we can bet this revival won't be as intelligent as the original.
>>
This is autistic as fuck, but I wanna know what they'll use for the house's establishing shots. Does the house still exist?
>>
>>82880275
They couldn't decide which one to use
>>
>>82883470
The whole series was a book she wrote. But the way I interpreted it, most of the series really happened, up to the end up S8, except that Jackie was really a lesbian, not Bev, and the daughters' husbands were swapped (Becky married David, and Darlene married Mark). S9 pretty much didn't happen (Dan didn't survive the heart attack at the end of S8, they didn't win the lottery, etc.).

>>82883621
They came close to doing that already in S8, when they kept swapping back and forth on a per-episode basis.
>>
>>82883638

Yes, unless it has been demolished since 2013. But why wouldn't they just use old shots. An even more autistic question, will they use the same foggy camera filter or a more modern one? Will the set be the same grungy 90's palettes or more up to date bright ones?
>>
>>82883638
I was going to ask this, except without the self-deprecating "autism" prelude.

I'm still interested in the answer but now I feel bad about myself too.
>>
>>82883704

Oh yeah I remember that they put a vocal disclaimer when Chalke entered the set. Was pretty good kek
>>
>Full House
>Roseanne
>Gilmore Girls
>X-Files

Golden Girls comeback when?
>>
>>82883712

forgot link http://1061evansville.com/see-the-inside-of-the-roseanne-house-its-for-sale-photos/
>>
>>82883790

Are they going to use 3D hologram technology like Tupac at Coachella?
>>
literally nobody is going to go back and watch the original in its entirety so who cares? it's a sitcom the overarching story is kind of irrelevant
>>
I have no words to describe Roseanne as a show except "woke", especially for the 90s. Growing up working class and white in middle America it really was nice to have a mirror into the kind of fucked up shit I never saw on TV or talked about.

Its premise really seems like it would be shit, especially with a sitcom laughtrack but damn this how got good once you really started watching it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.