[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Media.jpg (310KB, 868x869px) Image search: [Google]
Media.jpg
310KB, 868x869px
Is this true?
>>
>>82871524
no
>>
Oh yes, the deep subtle art that is Doom
>>
>>82871524
A game is slightly bigger? Or a game encompasses the entire thing? Because, in case you're too stupid to realize, that is what the image implies of the book, anyway. Not that it's just the bit underneath.
>>
You can do more anodyne things
>>
>>82871553

Found the brainlet.
>>
>>82871524
Go back to /lit/
>>
>>82871524
movies and books are about telling stories.

games are for mechanical interactivity. they're more similar to sports and music than they are to movies and books.
>>
>>82871524
It depends, but many times the book-movie is true
>>
>>82871524
Wow... This really made me think..
>>
Games are a medium that involve drawing animatiom music and storytelling but its always limited by having to build everything around a certain style of gameplay

I want to see a medium that involves all five senses like a virtual world where you take part in an adventure and get to experience the tastes and smells and sights like you were really there and oh yeah and you can have sex with npcs
>>
The whole thing is fucking stupid. What book? What game? There are some games with reams and reams of text and some games with just hours of shitty cutscenes. There are books with the depth of a puddle and films with endless layers.
>>
A book is generally as long as it needs to be.

A film almost universally needs to be compressed into at maximum 1~3 hours for maximum audience acceptance. That isn't to say a film can't also be as long as it needs to be, it will simply have a smaller audience.

A game can be as long as it needs to be, but in relation to a book and film, the primary drive of the player will have to be engaging gameplay, which a game is almost unique to provide, or an engaging story, which both a book and film can provide, or both.

Can a game encompass everything a book does and a film does? I would say it can, but I can't cite any examples for you because all mediums are fundamentally subjective.

Here's the problem with the image macro, what the fuck are we measuring? Is a book deeper than a film, to the point that we never see it? Then what's the point. Is a film fundamentally shallow, missing the bulk of the mass of a book?

Are we talking about effort? Creativity? Story? Setting? Emotional impact? Sales?

What if I made an image macro of a Glacier, labeled it Book, a broken-off iceburg, labeled it Film, and then an icecube in a glass of tea and labeled it Game? Would that be true?
>>
Go to a book store and look at the best sellers, and compare that to the highest grossing films of this year and what plays on the radio.

Books do require more from the brain than other entertainment, but popular media is meant to be easily digestible and marketable.

The story in a game exists so the gameplay has some context to keep you interested. Games that prioritize story usually aren't good games.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.