[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/maxpayne/ - general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

File: max_payne_2008_4301_poster.jpg (1MB, 2025x3000px) Image search: [Google]
max_payne_2008_4301_poster.jpg
1MB, 2025x3000px
Welcome to your monthly "I still can't get over how they fucked up this thing that could've been one of the greatest shit ever made" thread.

Who should've played Max?
How did they get away with these casting choices especially this Ludacris shit?
Why did they fuck up the story?
Do you even think the entire Max Payne story aka "max payne 1&2" can be covered in a film or 2? it needs a mini series?

>thread's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZfaSNoZ6L0
fuck max payne 3 tho, it never happened and doesn't count
>>
i forgot this existed.
>>
that movie is unironically the worst movie I've ever seen
not just that it shits all over the game, but the fact that it is absolutely terrible in every sense of the word
>>
>Who should have played Max
Patrick Warburton or Jon Hamm
>How did they get away with these casting choices especially this Ludacris shit?
Not giving a fuck about the source material? Banking on name-value? Nobody in their right mind would cast Marky Mark as fucking Max Payne
>Why did they fuck up the story?
Gotta have visual bullshit.
>Do you even think the entire Max Payne story aka "max payne 1&2" can be covered in a film or 2? it needs a mini series?
I would love to have a mini-series, but the themes are so different, that I would love to have Max Payne 1 as a movie and then Max Payne 2 as a miniseries or something. Or just add both together and make a miniseries.
>>
>>82861052
>Who should have played Max
Patrick Warburton or Jon Hamm
>How did they get away with these casting choices especially this Ludacris shit?
Not giving a fuck about the source material? Banking on name-value? Nobody in their right mind would cast Marky Mark as fucking Max Payne
Gotta have visual bullshit.
>Do you even think the entire Max Payne story aka "max payne 1&2" can be covered in a film or 2? it needs a mini series?
I would love to have a mini-series, but the themes are so different, that I would love to have Max Payne 1 as a movie and then Max Payne 2 as a miniseries or something. Or just add both together and make a miniseries.
>>
>>82861164
Not as bad as the Alone in the Dark movie
>>
>>82861215
>>82861256
good posts
>>
>>82861125
This. It's so fucking forgettable.
>>
>>82861164
>that movie is unironically the worst movie I've ever seen
Clearly you haven't seen Assassin's Creed yet
>>
>>82861052
Fuck this movie and fuck these shitty games, running around on a trail of blood listening to babies crying and noir dialogue and the matrix happened
>>
>>82861352
and ever since I saw the trailer with kanye fucking west music in it, I planned on never to see it
why are vidyashit movies always so trash?
>>
>>82861052
>Who should've played Max?
James McCaffrey, he looks like him, and is Max's voice actor.
I have no fucking idea, seriously. None of the characters fit the bill. Mark Wahlberg was alright, but everyone else needed to be recast. In my opinion, I think that the studio wanted to flood the cast with actors who would bring in people to see the fuck up of a movie they made.

Why was I warned wtf
>>
>>82861410
Part 2:

Same old story unfortunately of producers who have no idea what the source content is, but think the blurb included in their email containing the script sounds cool.
I think it could be covered in two films. A miniseries wouldn't be able to capture the fact that Max Payne 1 takes place in like 48 hours. Max Payne 2 could work in a film as most of the action (yet again) takes place in a short timeline.
>>
>>82861396
My little bro made me go see it. Literally the worst I've seen

I think vidya movies are all shit because the director and actors never care about the game. They end up doing whatever they want but in an incredibly half-assed way because they dont really care.
>>
>>82861052
Good thread

I want 2 films. Lots of squib effects and destroyed sets shot with powerful cameras.

The bullet-time effect would be introduced early as a sign of Max's depression, with him staring off into space and becoming distracted while dealing with the death of his family. It'd come back much later during a climactic shootout, time slowing down as he narrates over it. The effect shouldn't be overused or too stylistic, but when it does show up it'd feel earned.
>>
File: 1489012165905.jpg (54KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489012165905.jpg
54KB, 854x480px
>max payne was a john woo movie with all of the script literally storyboarded out
>would've been one of the best action movies of the year done properly
i'm still fucking mad
>>
>>82861768
>max payne was a john woo movie with all of the script literally storyboarded out

Damn I didn't even realize this now I am really mad.
>>
Cast Mona Sax
>>
>>82861052
Isn't the guy who does Max Payne from 2/3 both the model and voice actor?
Doesn't he know how to act?
If I recall, isn't he actually in the movie?
He should have just done Max.
>>
>>82861820
Yeah the voice actor (James McCaffrey) is in the film for about 5 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yK6LBCbSQ

He does know how to act, which is the worst part about him not being cast.
>>
Why don't people like Max Payne 3? It's a different tone and feel sure but it is a fucking stellar game...
>>
>>82861923
I love Max Payne 3. Unbelievable gun play. I think it gets a lot of trash because of the unskippable cutscenes.

I also think it gets a lot of negativity from the fact that it wasn't set in a Noir setting, and was basically Rockstar trying to make Man On Fire: The Video Game.

I still love it.
>>
>>82861869
Stupid.
Cast him as Max Payne.
Who even directed this movie?
>>
>>82861993
It's funny that they didn't care enough to cast jim bravura even somewhat accurately (at least age) but they cared enough to dress ludacris up as like a cliche' middle-aged gum-shoe.
>>
It is almost scary how forgetable this movie is. I cant remember anything of it, apart that it was terrible.
If OP did not started this thread, I would probably never eaven think about this movie until rest of my days.
I almost went on YT to see the trailer, but I cant force myself.
>>
File: john_moore_a_p.jpg (34KB, 349x524px) Image search: [Google]
john_moore_a_p.jpg
34KB, 349x524px
>>82862167
>Who even directed this movie?

John Moore AKA the guy Fox hires to direct shit films that no self-respecting filmmaker would touch with a ten-foot pole.

His other films: Die Hard 5, Behind Enemy Lines, The Omen, Flight of the Phoenix and I.T.
>>
>>82861803
Amy Adams. "You're a real angel, Max" is written for Amy Adams.
>>
>>82862419
He looks like a cunt too.
>>
>>82862419
should've at least given it to the guy who directed shoot em up
>>
File: tara reid.jpg (154KB, 550x775px) Image search: [Google]
tara reid.jpg
154KB, 550x775px
>>82861352
>>82861278
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLcGRmbmLzU
>>
>>82862657
[rec] was an awesome film.
>>
File: engi.png (10KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
engi.png
10KB, 100x100px
>go through all the trouble of securing movie adaptation rights
>proceed to change shit to the point the only thing it has in common with the source material is the general premise

what's even the point
>>
File: max.jpg (35KB, 477x278px) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
35KB, 477x278px
best max here
>>
>>82862825
It's barely even the general premise. They could have just changed the names of everyone and the drug and you wouldn't know it was a Max Payne film

>>82862991
He'd be awful and you know it.
>>
>>82862825
You can to use the name for brand recognition. Nobody would have paid to see the Max Payne movie if it didn't have the Max Payne name attached. With the name, they're at least able to rope in a few gullible sods who were fans of the game.
>>
>>82863029
>He'd be awful and you know it.
He looks like a mix between Max Payne from the first and the second game. Fucking perfect.
>>
>>82863342
Yeah, he looks a bit like him, he'd be awful at the character. You may as well get the Bear Jew to play him.
>>
>>82861052
>fuck max payne 3 tho, it never happened and doesn't count
opinion discarded
>>
>>82863826
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>82861993
Sam Lake had nothing to do with it and that's why it gets shit on
>>
>>82864000
oh alright
>>
File: 006.jpg (203KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
203KB, 680x382px
sometimes i feel like they should've just added a max payne segment in the original sin city, like marv's.
>>
>>82863446
with good directing, he could pull it off.
>>
>>82861352
Every Asscreed that isn't 2 and 4 is shit any way
>>
>>82866215
Brotherhood>2
>>
File: MonaSelection.png (211KB, 515x206px) Image search: [Google]
MonaSelection.png
211KB, 515x206px
>>82861052
>Who should've played Max?
James McCaffrey (the voice actor in the game) could have done it. Or an actor like Ray Liotta.
Hollywood simply latches on to shit actors, they are afraid to bring in new talent that would upset the kind of actor they have chosen to promote.
They did not follow the story at all, it was a completely different story. If they did follow the story and the movie was successful that would have embarrased Hollywood to see that a video game story is better than the average Hollywood movie (which it is in this case)
Max Payne 2 didnt really have much of a story although it could have been a sequel if a properly done Max Payne 1 was a success
>>
File: IMG_7287.jpg (12KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7287.jpg
12KB, 250x200px
>>82861052
I wanted to see Vinnie Gognitti being played by Ozzy Osbourne
>>
>>82861052
Ignore the story for one moment and instead be baffled at how they fucked up the gunplay by making it nothing like a john woo film.
>>
>>82861052
>fuck max payne 3 tho, it never happened and doesn't count
PLEB detector off charts
>>
>>82868049
It didn't really make a lot of sense, in Max Payne 2 (if you complete it on DOA difficulty) Mona survives. In Max Payne 3 they claim she died. Passos was a dislikeable character and getting Max out of Hoboken felt forced. Like wtf he shot a NJ mob boss's son for slapping a prostitute and now he has to flee (They apparently forgot Max killed hundreds of mobsters in the previous two games)

The story was dark and interesting though, but it felt more like a spin-off
>>
>>82861993
>it wasn't set in a Noir setting,
It was noir. Neo-noir. Dark foggy streets don't mean nothing
>>
Imagine the Poets of the Fall soundtrack, if done properly.
>>
>>82868498
No it wasn't.
>>
>>82867723
>Max Payne 2 didnt really have much of a story although it could have been a sequel if a properly done Max Payne 1 was a success

Max Payne 2 was great, Max going after bad people again, Vlad is a great character, his not your average boring Russian villain, he's actually interesting. You got Vinnie, The Cleaners, The Inner Circle, Winterson's twist. and THE thing that would make this a great film is his stuff with Mona. then him reaching inner peace at the end. "i had a dream of my wife, she was dead but it was alright"
this quote alone deserves a movie.such a great and powerful shit. Max Payne 2 was much darker than the first one too.
>>
>>82869952
Anyone else like the auto BT moments in 3? Great way to start a gunfight.
>>
>>82861215
>Patrick warburton
Hearing "HEY PETER" through the whole film
If they ever do remake max Payne
>blood trail from the first game
>>
>>82861396
99% of people involved in the production have never played the game

the actors don't even play the games to research their roles
>>
a fat bald dude with a bad temper
>>
>>82861052
3 counted as fuck. This is coming from Max Pain's biggest fan.
>>
you are a plebbe if you don't rate max payne 3
>>
>>82871938
You're full of shit, Mr. Max's biggest fan. It's not a bad game, it's a bad Max Payne game. Would've been better if they just called it "Man with gun kills people, he also drinks and swears a lot".
>>
>>82872100
You on your period bitch? Maybe Maxi Pad is what you should be crying about.
>>
>>82861052
>>82861052
Reminder that max Payne 3 is the best Max Payne by a long shot ( still love the other 2 though )

I've never seen the movie, and I don't ever want to, in the same way I've never seen any of the hitman movies despite them being my favorite games, why watch something I know will just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

>Who should have played max?
I'm not sure, for MP 1&2 style Max probably Gerard Butler, or maybe even Joseph Gordon Levitt if he was ten years older. For MP3 max, Josh brolin, people say Bruce Willis, but I think he'd be terrible, he's too goofy.

>How did they get away with cast.
Because nobody in Hollywood including the people who made the movie take videogames seriously and still think they're children's toys, they give as much of a shit about being true to max Payne as they would the smurfs.

>Why did they fuck up the story.
See above answer. Also they think gamers are just idiotic teenagers who don't care about story or characters and just want to see mindless action and cool visuals.

>Could it be a film.
I've honestly given up hope on any good videogames adaptations. Videogames nowadays are of a higher caliber than any of the assembly line schlock that Hollywood churns out now anyway, so making a movie would almost be a downgrade. Like a movie novelisation. A mini series could be cool though, tv is where all the actually good live action entertainment is nowadays anyway, and it could give the story more time to breathe.

>Once again, you are wrong about Max Payne 3.
https://youtu.be/zEH_LSL4rVw
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 140x209px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 140x209px
>>82872652
>>
>>82872652
intelligent post
>>
File: mila kunis trl.webm (342KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
mila kunis trl.webm
342KB, 500x374px
>>
>>82871938
>Max Pain
3 is Houser trash
>>82872323
3 is Houser trash
>>82872652
3 is Houser trash

Get some fucking taste, those are some embarassing opinions. 3 is for pseudo-intellectual rockstar wankers who like their max payne to be a poor man on fire ripoff
>>
>>82873557
They didn't try to copy Sam Lake's style. They went with their own way.
>>
>>82874185
which was fucking stupid?
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.