[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing as the current trilogy is just reheating OT leftovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Jay-bauman-223914.jpg (21KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jay-bauman-223914.jpg
21KB, 450x300px
What is one (1) golden rule or idea you would give for the next Star Wars trilogy (X 11 12) in order to make it fresh and actually really interesting?
>>
>how do I make the tenth addition to a franchise which was never meant to be anything more than a flash gordon serial homage
>how do I bring back 70s era filmmaking in a time where all 'filmmakers' are little bitches who use digital cameras
>how do I give up any interesting story I might want to tell and instead sacrifice any vision I might have to make a happy meal sequel for gross retard fans and normies
>>
>>82857054
Why not fuck off from the Skywalker lineage and revolve around a different age and other characters?
>>
Episode 7 isn't a New Hope remake. It's just formulaic a's shit.
>>
>>82857054

Make it completely divorced from anything else. Original trilogy, prequels, Nu-Star Wars, etc.

Set it like 1000 years in the future, with new characters, conflicts, and planets.

Basically just use the Star Wars world to tell new, fresh stories.
>>
>>82857054
Serioud replies only.

How long until the general public start getting Star Wars fatigue ?
>>
No more trilogies. Only side stories now
>>
>>82860167
>where all 'filmmakers' are little bitches who use digital cameras
>muh film
>>
Good question. I think Disney did damage beyond repair and what they're going to pull in 8 and 9 will make the Force something different. We already know you don't need to train , you just awaken...And you know that no matter how many sacrifice you make to defeat the Empire, they eventually come back and build a Death Star. To me Star Wars is dead.
>>
>>82860435
you think they're gonna make a Finn Poe spin off? Nobody cares about DIsney shit characters, they will keep going back because they bring nothing new with their movies. They'll even make Rogue 2, the actual Bothans story for the Death Star 2.
>>
>>82860312
In the same amount of time it takes for capeshit fatigue to kick in.
>>
>>82857054
8 isn't out yet and I'm still a little hopeful, good director at the helm so might be saved but >>82860306
is right, the story concluded well enough with six and doesn't need any more direct prequels
>>
>>82863637
Watch Rian Johnson BRICK movie and tell me if you still have hope
>>
>>82857054
Ask yourself what you consider to be the most interesting element of Star Wars.

Now ask yourself if it hasn't been:

a) milked to death by the EU and video games, to the point where you are inured to it and it all feels hollow now

b) bastardised or undermined every film after Empire.

Can you think of one Star Wars thing that passes this test? If so then make the movie about that thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.