[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late Night Leftovers thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: leftovers.jpg (414KB, 650x960px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
414KB, 650x960px
What do you think will happen next episode?

I saw the preview and there was no Kevin, I'm thinking he gets drowned and then the next episode is him in the Hotel.
>>
Yea I think that will happen as well. Great seeing Nora, Matt Kevin sr in an episode.
I'm sorry Kevin :(
>>
Seems like the next episode is mostly about Laurie and her doubts, the one after that is Kevin in the Hotel, and the finale is God knows what.
>>
Do you think people who like the show are religious or not? It's hard to tell from the threads. Are you guys?
>>
>>82855094
What is this show about? I tried watching ep1 but couldn't get into it.
>>
>>82855493
I'm generally not religious, but I find the supernatural and mysterious happenings in the show really entertaining. The show does resonate with me though, I guess on a spiritual level.
>>
>>82855670
Yea that's how I feel as well. Though who knows if Kevin will be Jesus like figure or the departed explained.
I would like it to have spiritual/religious meaning though, as I am.
I really just want Kevin to be happy in the end. I might be disappointed...
>>
>>82855557
Season 1 is about coping with a random tragedy. Seasons 2 and 3 are about Jesus.
>>
How is the new season of fargo? I need my NORA doses and this season has sadly been lacking.
>>
>>82855796
I haven't picked it up yet because I'm focusing on this, loved both seasons though. Are you a coony?
>>
File: nora+kevin.jpg (90KB, 780x512px) Image search: [Google]
nora+kevin.jpg
90KB, 780x512px
>>82855846
Lol I guess so. Haven't finished the second season so might watch that and save season 3 for when theres no more NORA for good.
>>
Imagine being as aesthetic as Theroux.

>Dem genes
>Dat face
>Dat beard

That motherfucker is just so fucking good looking.
>>
File: 1488082688083.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1488082688083.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>82856000
So fucking happy he grew a beard this season.....so fucking happy
>>
File: 394853.jpg (9KB, 424x238px) Image search: [Google]
394853.jpg
9KB, 424x238px
>Would you kill a baby if it would cure cancer?
>Is the baby white?
What did she mean by this?
>>
So can he only write two characters or what?
>>
>>82856000
Would you go gay?
He is a manlet though but Kevin is based
>>
>>82856000
His rockin bod too.
>>
>>82856115
>dude who believes in stuff
>dude who doesn't believe in stuff

yea pretty much
>>
I rewatched International Assassin a few hours ago. I wish it was movie length.
>>
>>82856115
are there any other kind?
>>
>>82858500
there are a bunch of video games that are functionally identical

or maybe you'd have to watch someone play a video game to get the same effect.
>>
>tfw Lindeloff won't resolve jack shit

I don't need everything spelled out for me but you need to explain some stuff to make it a satisfying conclusion and I have the feeling Lindeloff will leave everything up in the air
>>
>>82858531
Why the fuck would I wanna play a video game, let alone watch someone play one? jfc my man
>>
>>82858531
which video games exactly? the episode had kind of a hitman feel, like a spiritual hitman...
>>
>>82858557
Like what?
>>
>>82858557
dude its not about the destination! let the mystery be! its about the characters!

Just ignore how all the characters do is react to "random" events.
>>
>>82855094
The Matt episode from this week was fucking terrible. What a waste of an hour.

>>82858557
Also this. I am fully convinced now the ending will be shit.
>>
>>82858605
Most bioware games and that bioware-clone where you're a secret agent man.

>>82858602
>dude I love this episode its so kino!
>its functionally identical to a video game
>LOL NO IT ISN'T I'D KNOW CAUSE I NEVER PLAY VIDEO GAMES LOLOLOL

>>
>>82858627
fuck off, that conversation with "god" was pure kino
>>
>>82858650
Stop acting so ass-ravaged just because someone doesn't care for kids games. By your comparison literally any series/film with a semblance of a plot where the protagonist has to do perform tasks to achieve something is exactly like a video game

>oh you liked X movie?
>you should play this game cause it kinda resembles the fact that the main character went through some adversity and did stuff
>>
>>82858689
>they played the sad music to make sure I knew it was a good scene
>>
>>82856091
She didn't say that.
>>
>>82858733
Or I'm talking about how the episode is nothing but a knockoff of video game narrative structure.
>>
>>82858862
fuck off reddit
>>
>>82858689
The scene where matt has the "oh right, I'm a moron for talking to this moron at all" epiphany was pretty funny.

Other than that boring.

>lol its a christian in the lion's den!
>>
>>82858924
fake quotes is a reddit maymay
>>
>>82858650
alpha protocol
>>
The show will end with Kevin "dying", everyone else departing and final shot will be Kevin waking up where departed are.

GIANT FUCKING SPACESHIP
>>
>>82858986
Sorry, that's too creative.

Its more likely that all the characters died in their particular departure experience and the entire show has been in purgatory the whole time and kevin's dad will explain it all mattered and totally wasn't a dream, like for reals.
>>
>>82859017
I fear this.

That the actual departed are people on the show, they are the dead or whatever ones.
>>
>>82859050
I'm afraid lindelof will find a way to make the ending even dumber.
>>
>>82859050
I really fear this as well. I hope we get no real explanation for the Departure and instead just see Kevin find some closure for his whacked out life.
>>
>>82859017
everyone is dead

>the machine nora's about to enter returns people to life

b-bravo...
>>
>>82859103
>the last scene of the last episode is all the characters clapping for kevin saying 'congratulations!"
>>
As much as I liked International Assassin as an episode it fucked up everything.

I would be okay with Leftovers being pure character drama after unexplained supernatural event.

But we have immortal character and some kind of bizzaro dead world.
>>
>>82859175
>Leftovers being pure character drama after unexplained supernatural event.

To be fair, it barely keeps up that pretense for one episode. As the moment they introduce kevin's alternate personality, the show becomes less about the characters and more about the drama convenient event plotting.
>>
>>82858650
>most bioware games

yeah anon that episode was surely identical to Baldurs Gate, dragon age and mass effect
>>
>>82860355
>baldur's gate
>most bioware games

kevin literally chooses his class then has his first tutorial fight.
>>
Just loved how they diminished all the machoism kevin had in s1 ep9 showing him as a pathetic white male struggling through a deep psychological crysis and lack of any goal in life, feeling undermined by the success of his wife & dad that he definitely would've never had if not for the sudden departure. It's a very weak character in terms of his character, written brilliantly. He may be ripped, but he's dead inside. And, not like in any other show or movie, this is true. He's really fucking nuts.
>>
>>82855094
Just started watching the series. How much paper does that silent cult go through since they write 4-5 words per paper? Are they not allowed to use technology?
>>
Matt was being a proper, pompous cunt this episode. He deserved more than that punch from God.
>>
>>82862472
Matt has been a proper, pompous cunt throughout the whole series and deserves to have his head ripped off and spat down his throat.
>>
>>82855493
I'm a devout Catholic with an open mind and I like the show. I've always liked philosophy and trying to understand the universe through the ideas of others. The dirty priest joke was funny.
>>
>>82856000
>tfw I kind of look like him

Feels good. I even had a beard like that a few weeks ago.
>>
File: 01234945.png (50KB, 148x133px) Image search: [Google]
01234945.png
50KB, 148x133px
>>82863663
get a load of this mofo
>>
>>82859125
That was basically the end of S2
>>
How will Damon fuck up the finale?
>>
File: Meg.jpg (156KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Meg.jpg
156KB, 1024x576px
Whatever happened to meg and the white crew people

I swear season 2 seems so fuzzy in my mind since with was like 2 years ago.

all I remembered was the hot scene where raped that dude for his cum.
>>
in the trailer Laurie tells Kevin Sr "whatever this is I want to be apart of it" I think she might see Kevin come back from the dead, also it showed them driving Nora somewhere so maybe she gets involved as well.

>>82865717
Are you serious? Have you watched season 3?
>>
>>82855493
I'm not religious but I love shows and films about faith. I like the concept of that a lot more than actual organized religion.
>>
damn I binge watched seaseon 1 and 2 in two days, didn't even sleep for 24 hours was just comfy watching it ,regret nohting
>>
Kevins dog that ran off at the end of season 2 is behind everything

Screencap this post
>>
>>82858500
so i just re-watched the episode before international assassin, because there was something the first time around i didn't understand. And after the re watch i still don't get it. Why did the black pedo grandfather dude kill kevin? Why did he empty out the antidote then blow his own brains out? Like i kinda get why he might kill himself, sort of, since a lot of his family hates him. But his grandson seems to like him, and he seems to care about his family. So even if he wanted to kill himself, why go to all that elaborate shit to kill kevin too? So, to sum up,

1. why kill himself?
2. why kill kevin?
3. he had a gun, if he wanted to kill kevin and himself he could have just shot him in the head, why all the elaborate shit about saving him from patty and all that.

Did i miss something major in the show? Or is it meant to be unexplained, and if the latter, any anons have some theories?
>>
>>82866252
He did it to become Kevin's guide. Also he probably still felt guilty about whatever he did to John.
>>
>>82866307
oh that's right, i remember now, watching international assassin as we speak. HOWEVER, that assumes that kevin isn't just crazy, and the shit that happens at that hotel is actually some sort of pergetory or afterlife or whatever. If kevin is just crazy and that shit is in his head, my questions still apply
>>
>>82866307
and also, why not give his grandson the antidote to give to kevin. he doesn't know kevin is jesus or whatever right? so as far as he knows he killed him, which completely makes getting rid of patty pointless no?
>>
>>82866397
>that assumes that kevin isn't just crazy, and the shit that happens at that hotel is actually some sort of pergetory or afterlife or whatever.

It is pretty much confirmed that the hotel is some sort of purgatory. David Burton was in the hotel during E8 and E10 and there was a news report in the Laurie episode (E3?) that he specifically came back from the dead and mentioned the hotel.
>>
File: nora tears.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nora tears.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
Reckon Kevin will accept that he's completely nuts and dead inside and choose not to come back from the hotel
>>
>>82865886
um yeah season 3 is what's on now right? I don't recall seeing anything with her
>>
>>82866514
That doesn't confirm the hotel is purgatory, it still could have taken place in Kevin's head. Kevin could have heard about the guy and seen him in the news, which is the reason why he was able to appear in the hotel
>>
File: kevin.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
kevin.png
1MB, 1366x768px
every shot in this show is amazing
>>
>>82865717
They went Boom
>>
>>82867029
put away the phone retard
>>
>>82867234
>>82867249
wtf when did this all happen.

was it a major plot point or was it just a 15 second scene to get rid of them because they had no idea where that plot was going.
>>
>>82867579
It's literally right at the beginning of season 3 after the ye olden days shit
>>
>>82867033
What about his Dad communicating with him through the TV while high on devil's tongue? That was confirmed in S3E3. The hotel isn't in his head.
Captcha: Mapleton, kek
>>
>>82867579
>they had no idea where that plot was going.
Wrongo kid. They were taken out by ATF who were more than willing to do it, as shown deliberately in season 1.
>>
>>82868076
lucky coincidence desu
>>
>>82866763
Don't say that anon ;_;
>>
Maybe I'm retarded and missed it but I've seen every episode and where the fuck is Jill?
>>
>>82868076
? Kevin Sr never said he saw Kevin Jr.
>>
>>82864930
He already fucked it up. he fucked it up by making it happen.
>>
>>82867033
>>82866514
the hotel is an updated version of the greek afterlife, "water wiping memories" is a reference to one of the five rivers of the underworld, Lethe. The entire concept (its a hotel, the revolving door, etc) is a nod to how in classical literature people just jumped in and out of the afterlife like it was nothing.
>>
>>82869968
It's heavily implied that it happened they pretty much spelled it out for you. He says he work up in a hotel room with the television on and couldn't remember what happened, he even says in international assassin that he was on Devil's tongue.....
>>
>>82867091
>shit framing
>shit mise en scene
>shit shot composition
>alright lighting
>shit colours
yeah wow great shot anon
>>
>>82855557
to be honest I really didn't think the show was amazing til the second season, however the first season is not bad by any means.
>>
File: IMG_20170517_182043.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170517_182043.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>82856000
>>
Everyone departed to the island from LOST
>>
>>82870809
if Lindelof went full Shamalan and connected two seemingly discreet stories I would fucking worship him
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.