[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johnny Depp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Johnny-Depp-characters[1].jpg (38KB, 720x254px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny-Depp-characters[1].jpg
38KB, 720x254px
Bill Murray to Johnny Depp about Hunter S. Thompson
>Make your next role drastically different from Hunter. Otherwise you'll find yourself 10 years from now still doing him.

And now he's whole career is doing Hunter S. Thompson.
>>
>>82853787
implying depp wanted to be a serious actor like Bill wanted to be considered a serious actor. i think its clear it was all just a pay check to depp so he could indulge into degeneracy.
>>
>>82853787
>he's
*his
>>
DUDE LMAO
>>
He probably just wants to fuck around in funny costumes. If he had chosen these drastically different roles, he would had to decline the roles where he plays the goof in the costume. And these roles are the easiest and gave the most money. So in order to be a more serious actor, he would have needed to work harder and take less money. I would have done the same in his position.
>>
>>82853787
>Bill Murray giving advice on how to play a big variety or roles
>>
>>82854103
well yeah, he's an expert on playing the same schmuck in every movie. why wouldn't he advise someone to go about it differently?
>>
I was fucking shocked when I found out he was in Platoon.
>>
>>82853787

It's not so much the Hunter role, because the rest of the roles isn't very Hunter-esque. It's definitely the influence/codependence of Tim Burton.

The "quirky" became a crutch and then the entire thing. Acting wasn't necessary when you could do a quirky character by rote. There's a reason he's been Jack Sparrow as a cash cow (and apparently likes to do it randomly on his own time too).

Nobody is to blame but himself. A more cutting critique would be going after his Peter Pan syndrome, need for younger women and dressing like he's 20. It was embarrassing years ago and is just sad now.

Down that path lies the career of Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino, and Depp wasn't nearly as good as them at their respective peaks.
>>
>>82854121
I guess this makes sense to you if you think NEETs are the people to ask for advice in how to get girls. They're the ones who failed at it, so they must know.
>>
>>82854207
what a complete retard you are. bill murray is a long-time actor and literally all he was doing was telling depp not to play the same idiot over and over again like he did.

like it doesn't take that much brain power at all to process this. your autistic analogy doesn't even apply in the least.
>>
>>82854207
A NEET can tell you what he did to get girls, how he failed, and advice you not to do the same. So Bill Murray's advice actually sounds useful.
>>
>>82854235
Don't call Hunter an idiot.
>>
>>82853787
why did you ignore John Dilinger and tha bald mafia dudr character from black mass?
>>
>>82854376
because those are both so poorly acted it proves depp has nothing to show competently except for le quirky gritty tim burton man
>>
>>82854402
haha you're a dope
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.