[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 28

File: star-trek-voyager-cast-2000.jpg (89KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-voyager-cast-2000.jpg
89KB, 800x533px
I've always considered myself a huge Star Trek fan. Started when I was young , watching TNG.

I've watched every series , except Voyager. Don't even know why I skipped over it.

Started matching it on Netflix this past week, and I can not stop watching it!
>>
>>82850609
That's interesting. I feel the exact same opposite way. I hate Star Trek. I've always considered myself to be an opponent of Star Trek, since I was young. Never liked it.

Have seen several opportunities come along to watch it and have just not been interested. Don't want to watch it!
>>
>>82850609
>>82850649
A Koo Chee Moya
>>
Voyager is kind of underrated at this point. People judge it by its worst episodes for some reason.
>>
It's worth seeing, really good series over all.
>>
File: bashir feet.png (496KB, 1070x786px) Image search: [Google]
bashir feet.png
496KB, 1070x786px
Was he /ourguy/?
>>
>>82850609
I watched voyager while it was on tv. Didnt catch every episode, but caught most of them and enjoyed it when I watched it. Never really went back and watched it, but I also havnt done that with any of the star treks.

Course I also hated enterprise, so I guess im the minority here
>>
>>82851014
I've seen every Star Trek series at least twice at this point and never plan to watch Voyager, Enterprise, or TOS ever again. I rather wish to see DS9 at least one more time and would probably watch some of TNG again (NOT the first season)
>>
File: 1404250611483.jpg (109KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1404250611483.jpg
109KB, 640x638px
Trekfags, I never watched the series, but I remember watching one episode on television like 13 or so years ago.
The ship was stuck in some sort of groundhog day, the day kept repeating and they kept getting destroyed by an enemy ship.
In the end they finally managed to send a message trough time or something and escape their destruction.

I fucking loved that episode, can anyone direct me to it? I'd love to watch it again. Ever since I catched that I have a thing for time travel stuff in films/series.
>>
>>82851014
Voyager isn't that bad, but I think I get why it gets a lot of shit. It's hard to get super into because there were three series before it which fleshed out the universe super well, and by DS9 the political climate was really interesting.

Voyager just flushed all that down the toilet, which was especially hard to watch after DS9 which was serialized.
>>
>>82851715
Cause and effect, m8.
>>
>>82851790
Who would win in a 1v1, tuvok or worf?
>>
>>82851809
Thank you. :)
>>
File: worf.png (754KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
worf.png
754KB, 1280x960px
>>82851915
Tuvok wins cuz he's a Vulcan & their plot armor in the Trek universe is on par with Batman.

Worf can only beat other Klingons...otherwise he's as useless as tits on a goose.

See also The Worf Effect
>>
File: 1.jpg (43KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43KB, 400x267px
>>82852968
>>
File: 2.jpg (55KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
55KB, 400x267px
>>82852968
>>82853143
>>
>>82853165
"...Sorry"
>>
>>82851790
I didn't really mind Voyager's episodic nature, just more of a "missed opportunity" thing where the writers could've taken better advantage of the situation to tell better stories. Everything was always too clean and never conveyed the stranded ship far from home idea very well. I did like the relative clunkiness of Enterprise's ship and tech, but there again it seemed the writers were deliberately avoiding stories that could've been told about that point in history. The temporal Cold War and that Xindi thing mostly fell flat.

But there's some real gems like Timeless and Living Witness, or even The Haunting of Deck Twelve.
>>
>>82851715
Also recommend Window of Opportunity from Star Gate. It's a groundhog day episode as well and considered one of the best episodes in the series.
>>
>>82851715
Trek has some pretty god-tier time travel episodes, like Yesterday's Enterprise and The Visitor
>>
>>82851915
>>82852968
Klingons are secretly shit at fighting. Worf always loses fights against non-Klingons of course, and we also see little petite women like Kira beat them up, but the ultimate proof is that even Archer can beat Klingons up and Archer is the worst captain at fistfights and constantly gets his ass kicked by anything other than Klingons.
>>
>>82854820
>Kahless, the greatest Klingon warrior in history is a fat little manlet

I think you're on to something
>>
>>82850609
I try to get into this show but it's just so fucking boring, slow and lackluster. It's impossible to watch.
>>
File: star_trek galaxy map.jpg (406KB, 1250x810px) Image search: [Google]
star_trek galaxy map.jpg
406KB, 1250x810px
>>82850609
I've enjoyed both Star Trek TOS, and TNG growing up, but didn't have access to UPN when Voyager aired. This year I've caught most all of it airing on BBC America, and believe it is pretty good, but not as much as TNG.
Voyager seems to follow many of the stories, and style of TNG, but some of Voyager seems a bit too routine, as if TNG's mechanics on autopilot.

Voyager remained stuck in a rut doing exactly what TNG did over, and over. Certainly that can be enjoyable, but also tiresome, and repetitive.

Although if I had to choose between Voyager over Enterprise or JJ Abrams's Star Trek, I'd go with Voyager without hesitating.
Voyager at least had the TOS/TNG mode of Star Trek I'd grown to appreciate.
DS9 was incredibly boring, and to this day I cannot understand fans liking it. The only episodes they talk about from DS9 are the episodes that are the most like TOS, and TNG.

Voyager has its problems, but it is still better than JJ (doesn't know Star Trek) Abrams.
>>
>>82854897
Did you try TOS or TNG? Give both a try. I think it's really engaging and charming desu. Some eps are exciting too.
>>
>>82854897
>>82855039
Oh I didn't realise you were probably talking about voyager. My bad.
>>
>>82850609
Blogpost 1/2
I'd just finished TOS, TNG and DS9. Each series felt like it built on the previous one.

TOS introduced the premise and setting. TNG updated the same premise and expanded the universe with more modern storytelling. DS9 had political intrigue between the previously established powers, combined with more serialised storytelling and characters who I really liked, made for a thoroughly enjoyable series. Brought the Star Trek Universe into perspective for me.

Voyager then felt like a step backwards. I understand why the producers wanted to get back to basics with an episodic series aboard a starship. Probably thought DS9 was getting to far away from what made the original so popular.

The premise of a Starship stranded in an unexplored region of the Star Trek galaxy sounds great on paper. We'd gotten to know your Vulcans, Klingons, Cardassians, Romulans etc. pretty well. Let's create some new ones!

But I agree with >>82853545 that it's a case of missed opportunities. They could have combined the traditional starship setting with the serialised nature of DS9. Having the condition of the ship and finite number of resources could have been a great sense of tension and suspense. Instead we got this kind of continuity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k

The main problem is probably that I just didn't connect with most of the crew. Tom, Harry, A Koo Chee Moya. Hearing that the main cast were asked to keep their performances monotone and restrained probably explains why I didn't get into the show as easily, just coming off DS9 which had developed real camaraderie. The best character on Voyager from the beginning was the Doctor because Picardo gave him a real personality.

Seven had some interesting episodes but felt too calculated a concept. Everyone loves the Borg, what if their was a Borg with big tits and a spandex uniform? She can be like a sexy Data, rediscovering her humanity. Wasn't the Doctor doing that? Ah, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>82850609
>>82855084
Blogpost 2/2
It's also pretty hilarious that they asked the actors to tone down their performances to make the aliens stand out, when the aliens were the least interesting characters of all! I can't believe they spent two seasons on the Kazon. Putting a different name at the end of Kazon doesn't actually make them different!

I do like how each series delves into different aspects of previous Trek to keep that feeling of a shared universe while giving each series it's own flavour. DS9 avoided the Borg altogether but had the mirror universe plotline. And Voyager gave the fans what they wanted by eventually making the Borg the primary antagonists. Though again I can't help but feel they left Borg space too quickly and easily. Could've been a whole season arc.

The first two seasons were almost impossible to sit through but like I said, I did warm up to the series the longer I watched. Especially once I started using an episode guide. And hey, it's nice to know there's more episodes available if I ever desire.

So next up is Enterprise, what should I be wary of going in? I've watched about two episodes in the past and didn't hate it. The premise of seeing humans exploring space and early relations between them and the Star Trek races we know today is neat. Also, no actual prime directive in place. Looking forward to some radically unorthodox space adventures. I've also wanted to get to know more about the Andorians for a while and knowing that Jeffrey Combs plays a recurring Ando? Sounds incredible.

I know people push the 'ENTERPRISE IS BEST TREK' meme which to me implies that it's actually ok and is unfairly maligned but far from the best.
>>
File: tumblr_mra90lyaP81rj7ldwo4_400.gif (967KB, 265x222px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mra90lyaP81rj7ldwo4_400.gif
967KB, 265x222px
>>82851048
Wish he was /myguy/
Toptier brown qt
>>
File: frog.jpg (15KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
15KB, 251x242px
>it's a Chakotay meets his ancestors episode
>>
>>82855188
Wasn't it aliens with telepathy shit pretending to be his ancestry?
>>
>>82855052
I haven't seen voyager but deep space nine was pretty boring
Thanks for the recommendation, I might give those ones a try if they're on TV. Just a question though, is the continuity good between series?
>>
>>82850935
we are far from the bones of our ancestors
>>
>>82855337
Hope you like them anon. I haven't actually seen the other series yet so hopefully someone else can answer your question. I don't think there's real continuity between different series though, only within each series. They are in the same universe and there is overlap as well as references but it's different crews for different series.
>>
>>82855337

Love TOS/TNG

comfy Voyager
alright Enterprise

BORING DS9
>>
Each of you... is going to have to live with this. And I'm sorry for that. For you are all good... good people. My colleagues. My friends. I forgive you.
>>
ENT>VOY>DS9>TNG>TOS
prove me wrong
>>
>>82855772
Literally impossible, bravo anon
>>
>>82855084
I think I like all the Voyager crew and it would've been nice to see what they were really capable of, if the whole "restrain your acting" thing is true. An unfortunate mistake, and I wonder if they did the same thing with some of Enterprise's bridge crew. There it seemed to become the "Trip, T'pol, Archer" trifecta, with Hoshi and Mayweather and sometimes Reed left on the sidelines.

Maybe Paris and Janeway became somewhat "mary sue" characters, capable of a bit too much problem solving. They just left too much unexplored; conflict with the split Fed/Maquis crew could have yielded many good stories. I recall watching the series when it first aired and thinking that 7 of 9's catsuit was dumb fanbait, especially the high heels. Should've just stuck her in a plain blue Ensign uniform.

You know for all the time they spent on the Kazon, did they ever try telling any more complex stories about them beyond "these are bad guys"? TNG tried to make Romulans more nuanced and less one dimensional. There was little mentioned about the events leading up to and past overthrowing the Trebe; had to have been something worth writing about there.

But then there are good (to me) episodes like Course:Oblivion, barring the annoying reset button. Even though the Voyager crew knew they were nothing but copies they were determined to uphold Starfleet ideals to the end. That the probe with their mission records was destroyed before launch seems like a missed writing opportunity.
>>
File: Culluh.jpg (26KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Culluh.jpg
26KB, 500x400px
>>82856438
The Kazon were an unfortunate misstep early on. No matter how much the producers insisted they were nothing like the Klingons, they weren't very different.

The supposed concept was that they were like warring gangs, with different sects vying for power but translated to screen it's just Kazon with different last names.

I laugh every time I'm reminded of Michael Piller describing the Kazons season 2 arc as "a deep investigation of [the Kazon] that will turn them, I think, into perhaps one of the top five adversarial alien races in Star Trek's history"

Mike, they're Klingons with hair that looks like kush.
>>
I hate that every sci fi show/game/film has to have a warrior nigger race or person. They have much less to contribute in that setting because they are just too violent and aggressive. Really, how often should you need someone who's good at hand to hand combat in sci fi?

>hey you, what do you think we should do in this complicated and delicate situation?
>LETS KILL THEM! LET ME GET AT THEM I WILL RIP THEIR SPINES OUT!
>okay any other suggestions?
>>
File: Bashir shiggydiggy.jpg (96KB, 392x367px) Image search: [Google]
Bashir shiggydiggy.jpg
96KB, 392x367px
>>82851048
>>82855147

Alexander Siddig is eternally /ourguy/ even in unrelated series.
>>
>>82851715
Kys pasta faggot
>>
>>82856855
So you want /k/ in space instead? I'd be up for a series with a designated operator guy
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (47KB, 528x544px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
47KB, 528x544px
"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."
>>
>>82856855
Also, can someone name even ONE (1) good episode where the crew encounters a tribe with hamfisted messages about women and sexism.

Star trek TNG had the ep where tasha gets kidnapped
star gate had that awful ep where carter was kidnapped
>>
Anyone else like the episode "Starship Mine"?

aka Die Hard in space starring Captain Picard.
>>
>>82856954
It was good ye

I like that there was no pussying out, Picard straight up murders them all
>>
>>82856954
people ignore it because it BTFO the meme about Picard being a weak ass faggot, despite him killing multiple people and not even letting that woman escape at the end
>>
>>82857000

Killed one guy with worf's crossbow too
>>
>>82856865
oh shit i had no idea he was Doran Martell

also
>his fucking full name
>>
File: picard badass.jpg (61KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
picard badass.jpg
61KB, 694x530px
>>82857005

>Captain, leave anything for us?
>Just bodies
>*80's keytar riff*
>>
>>82851014

Yes it has a few gems like Equinox and Year of Hell.. the doctor is GOAT, seven's alright

It was the last time we had a legit startrek. As far as I'm concerned Ent already shat all over the lore long before JJ came along.
>>
File: Dukat STOP.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dukat STOP.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
Stop supporting Bajor
>>
File: 1493491554341.png (439KB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493491554341.png
439KB, 768x480px
>>82857366
>>
Holy shit what did Tuvok mean by this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVDNX1e5ic
>>
>>82854965

>federation to galactic core is about 40% of voyagers trip (a 70 year trip with 100 years later technology)
>Enterprise-A goes there and home in the span of one movie

u wot?
>>
>>82857137
>It's a Picard murders Tuvok episode
>>
>>82856916
Is this even real anymore? I can't tell where the meme ends and the episode begins. Was it all a meme in the end?
>>
>NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Q9T1rxIZI
>>
Can /tv/ beat star trek jeopardy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oncAGFBHzY
>>
File: 1470649682522.png (398KB, 1440x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470649682522.png
398KB, 1440x1200px
I'm watching DS9 for the first time and just started season 7. Is it just me, or did the writers completely ruin Dukat? The way he offed Jadzia was the most ridiculous thing I've seen on this show and every other time he's been on screen (so far) he pretty much just twirls his mustache and spergs about MUH SISKO REVENGE REEEE. Was he too popular of a character or what?

(pic unrelated)
>>
>>82857775
their moral ambiguity bit them in the ass when Dukat became a fan favorite and people agreed with him so they tried to turn him into evil space satan
>>
>>82857775
Yes, Dukat became a 1 dimensional super villain instead of a complex individual

Basically because he was a nazi allegory and DS9 got in trouble for showing that as anything other than pure evil

So they had to make him literally Satan
>>
File: costliving098.jpg (35KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
costliving098.jpg
35KB, 694x530px
>Horny old woman who is obsessed with sex takes a klingon child with a BBC to a sex resort holoprogram and swims with him naked in mud

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>82857856
That's sad. I really liked his character and was hyped whenever he showed up, but now I feel disappointed every time he comes on screen, like he's an entirely different person.
>>
File: Dominion_Vorta.jpg (18KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dominion_Vorta.jpg
18KB, 240x320px
>>82857366
Stop defying the Founders.
>>
>>82857928
he got corrupted by the darkside of the wormhole
>>
>>82857917

>It's an Alexander AND Luxwana episode

they have named this 'the worst of both worlds'
>>
>>82857366
How can there be any war crimes if there wasnt even a war
>>
When does voyager get bearable? I'm half way through the second season and it's taken four months. Tuvok, EMH and 'tall blonde man' are the only characters somewhat enjoyable, with Kes, female geordi+worf, Janeway and Indian were the absolute worst
>>
It's a comfy monster of the week show with some gold-tier Trek episodes sprinkled in, it's easy to just sit down and watch a whole season.

Tuvok a best
>>
What's the link for the viewing guides
>>
>>82858091
I like Lwaxana. Fight me
>>
>>82858701
>viewing guides
You know those are elaborate shitposts right?
>>
>>82856947
>Star trek TNG had the ep where tasha gets kidnapped
>star gate had that awful ep where carter was kidnapped
Both episodes were written by the same person, Katharyn Powers.
>>
>>82858897
HOLY SHIT IT'S REAL

It's the only episode she wrote for TNG too. What a fucking hack.
>>
>>82857775
Blame Rick Berman for making Terry Farrell leave. If Dukat hadn't killed her off then he could have stayed ambiguous.
>>
why did no one on the crew of the Enterprise commented about Spock's father being the Romulan commander they fought before?
>>
>>82858816
I bet when you look at one of those guides, you agree with 170 of the ratings, but you disagree with the remaining 5 ratings, and then you have an autistic fit because nobody should EVER be allowed to disagree with you on ANYTHING.
>>
>>82858991
They didn't want someone to accuse them of being racist.
>Doctor, are you saying that all Vulcans and Romulans look alike to you?
>>
>>82859056
>get accused of being a traitor because you look like a Romulan
>later on your father visits and looks exactly like the Romulan guy

that ensign was right, there's something fishy about that pointy eared guy
>>
>>82858193
Will the real Darhe'el please stand up
>>
>>82858701
http://
tinyurl
.com/
StarTrekViewingGuides
>>
>You will never get A COOCHIE MOYA'D

Why live?
>>
>>82857856
I'm pretty sure people didn't agree with him, but they empathized with him. Kind of like Londo from B5
>>
>>82858701
Just make up your own mind.
>>
>You will never get TUVIX'D

Life is suffering
>>
>When my son looks back on this day, the only thing he'll remember is that a Federation officer on a Federation ship invaded his home, and kept his father away from him on his eleventh birthday. And he won't look back with understanding. He'll look back with hatred. And that's sad.
;_;
>>
>>82859269
I made up my mind that Sub Rosa is trash, but /trek/ still tells me that I'm retarded and not a "real" Trek fan because I dislike it.
>>
>>82859106

Romulans and Vulcans are the same race tho. It would be like getting in to a fight with a black American, then accusing the next Nigerian you meet of being your attacker.
>>
>>82859308
yeah, I am sure he would have grown up differently if not for that
>>
>>82859321
>I don't like a quintessential Star Trek episode
>smart people tell me I am not a real trek fan
it's just a logical conclusion
>>
>You will never be a poor little Ocampa girl that gets featured on KAZON'D.COM

FUG
>>
The best part about this show has been reading /tv/ discuss how it was a total clusterfuck behind the scenes.
>>
>>82857775
>did the writers completely ruin Dukat? The way he offed Jadzia was the most ridiculous thing
Don't blame the writers for that, Terry Farrell quit DS9 to go be on fucking Becker
>>
>>82858091

>a fistfull of data is bad

fight me nigger
>>
>>82859439
I think all holodeck episodes are shitty.
>>
>>82859392
>wanting to spend 2 years scratching in the dirt, 3 years as a Kazon onahole, and 4 years as a washed up hag
some life
>>
>>82859459
t. DS9 fan
>>
So can we all agree that the Next Gen episode where they go to the nigger planet is the absolute worst Star Trek episode ever made?
>>
>>82859407
Kate Mulgrew did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82859361
I don't know. I hate Muslims because I watched the second plane hit.
I also hate hot dogs because I threw up the last time I ate one when I was 10.
Shit sticks with you when you're a kid.
>>
>>82859493
Not worse than Threshold

Racism in the 80s is excusable.

People evolving into lizards because they went too fast is not
>>
>>82859486
Yes.
>>
>>82859433
Don't blame Terry Farrell for that. She only wanted a reduced role (like Nog or Garak). It was Rick Berman that forced her to leave.
>>
>>82859512
it's a cardassian spawn, he would have found another reason to grow up full of hate anyway
>>
>>82859548
Did she want the same pay though?
>>
>>82859493
what about the clip show episode
>>
>>82859556
I doubt it. Rick would have used that to justify his decision if she had. Since he didn't, she probably didn't.
>>
>>82859512
>I hate Muslims because I watched the second plane hit.
It's actually kind of funny. I was a kid living in NYC when 9/11 happened I don't "hate" muslim people but every time they're in the news fucking shit up I think "If they all died tomorrow we wouldn't have to deal with this shit"

I dont wish them death but sometimes I hope for it
>>
>>82850609
Well as long as you enjoy it, wait a fucking minute you should not be enjoying this!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ba8s9giBY
>>
>>82859548
The next season had already been written, it was easier to replace the actress and change around a few lines than completely rewrite entire scripts

>>82859556
IIRC she was willing to take a salary drop but didn't want to renegotiate her contract regarding syndication.
>>
>>82854965
>DS9 was incredibly boring, and to this day I cannot understand fans liking it. The only episodes they talk about from DS9 are the episodes that are the most like TOS, and TNG.
What an odd thing to say, it's actually the exact opposite and only Dominion-war arc episodes get really discussed, except The Visitor.
>>
>>82857917
It was a different time.
>>
>>82859705
Little Green Men is my shit.
>>
>>82859641
>The next season had already been written
No it hadn't. Star Trek has never been written in advance.

Even on season-ending cliff-hangers (like Best of Both Worlds), the writers do part 1 and go on vacation with zero idea of how to resolve the plot in part 2.

On DS9 specifically, the writers love to talk about how they never wrote in advance. They wrote Improbable Cause without having any idea that The Die is Cast would happen. They wrote the 6-part retaking of DS9 without having any plot points planned ahead other than DS9 being retaken. They wrote the 10-part series finale without anything firm other than no season 8.

This lack of planning is really one of DS9's weak points, by the way. DS9 would have been better if the writers had planned ahead like Babylon 5.
>>
>>82859493
Sub Rosa exists
>>
>>82851014
>underrated

Bullshit. I know so many fanboys and fangirls that put Voyager as their fav Trek and gush over Janeway. The only people that don't like it are the die hard fans that are all about the lore and inner politics of the Federation who all put DS9 as the best of Trek (and it is).

Voyager deserves all the criticism is gets because it's loads of bullshit and missed opportunities. You had a ship with half the crew being Maquis and there's little to no real tension between the two groups. They just fall in line and accept that they're working under a Federation captain. Janeway constantly flip flops and will call out her crew doing things she herself has done and justifies her actions. We never once get a sense from her that she questions the actions she has made to get her people back home. Also the show is a lot of do the technobabble to stop the other technobabble/weird space thing. Most of the characters are boring as fuck. Chakotay and Janeway are so god damn boring. Harry barely grows as a character over the entire series (he doesn't even get a promotion from ensign even after being on the ship for years, yet the guy who was from penal colony outranks him even after he straight up breaks the prime directive). Bellana is just moody, that's it. Tom, Neelix and the Doctor seem to be the only ones with some kind of passion. Tuvac and Seven are okay but they're just one note characters.
>>
>>82859515
>Racism in the 80s is excusable.
There is nothing racist about that episode.

>>82859493
At least it had some original idea, unlike Shades of Gray.
>>
Rewrite the timeline to improve DS9

>Red Dwarf (US) gets picked up
>Farrell keeps her role on that
>doesn't get hired as Dax
>none of the bullshit surround her character happens
>writers dont ruin Dukat
>>
>>82859819
>DS9 fans
>acts as a "Star Trek" fan
>the ones that care about lore
>gets all VOY names wrong

Lmao, they are such tryhards while claiming that their little show is the "best" Trek
>>
>>82859903
Its protrayal of African culture was pretty racist
>>
>>82857945
>Weyoun was Jeffrey Combs

I thought his voice was familiar
>>
>>82859927
it was still accurate
>>
>>82859486
>>82859919
It's been 7 years. Let go of your anger and move on.
>>
>>82859951
Accuracy can still be racist
>>
>>82859919
>7 years
When's the anniversary btw?
>>
>>82859927
They aren't Africans though, they're aliens.
>>
>>82859967
What should they have done instead? Completely ignore the truth to make it more appealing to people like you?
>>
>>82859965
>>82859969
>no arguments
>le 7 years meme

As expected from /v/edditors that love DS9.
Your forgot some meme image to hide behind.
>>
>>82859986
Make it fairer, yes
>>
>>82860005
>fairer
by what metric?
>>
>>82860014
Fairness
>>
>>82859515
Fuck, I forgot about Threshold. OK, nevermind, it's not the worst.
>>
discovery trailer coming out today
>>
>>82860049
Isn't that just a rumor?
>>
FIrst discovery image

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/864797666588348416

Seems image uploading on 4chan is dead
>>
>>82860121
Oh god, what are they doing? That backdrop looks like a thumbnail from Google images

Literally worse than those Tim Russ fan movies.
>>
>>82860163
It's filmed on location in jordan.
>>
>>82860175
Real life is a disappointment.
>>
>>82860121
This has to be a joke, why are they wearing Jedi robes?

>>82860175
No it isn't.
>>
>>82860121
I cant imagine a scenario where this isn't shit

CBS app exclusive, "dark and gritty" being used seriously to describe it, not post VOY
Watch it get cancelled before S2
>>
>>82860217
>CBS app exclusive
Only in America. The rest of the world gets it on Netflix.
>>
>>82859493
Anything from season one and two are awful. Humans act all smug and superior to civilizations or people that aren't as "socially advanced" as them, Picard is a fucking asshole and acts like his shit doesn't stink and the majority of episodes were refurbished scripts from TOS before cancellation. They also had fucked up morals:

Wesley accidentally falls into a greenhouse on the Nazi paradise planet which has random areas where the law is in affect and all judgments are death even if it was an accident. Picard is actually weighing the idea that they should let Wesley be killed seeing how it is their custom regardless if it's fucking insane or not.

Q gives Riker the power of the Q. Picard gives Riker shit and tells him not to use his powers. Riker chooses not to save a young girl which Picard praises him for letting her die because he would become corrupt with power by doing so. Riker eventually becomes corrupt with power anyways regardless of saving the girl.

Data ends up being in contact with some girl from a pre-warp planet that's going to destroy everything due to tectonic events. Picard says they should just let them die because of the weakest of arguments such as "a great tyrannical person could arise one day from this civilization if kept alive" or Riker actually bringing in superstitious thinking like there being a "cosmic plan" which humans moved away from centuries ago. They do eventually save them begrudgingly.

They find a vessel that belongs to Earth's past full of people in cryostasis that's going to go into a star. They actually first think they should "let nature take its course" and let it drift into the star rather than save the people on the vessel first. They do wake them up and of course belittle them rather than try to help them integrate into the future.
>>
>>82860215
http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/17/breaking-first-image-from-star-trek-discovery/

Yes it is.
>>
>>82860215
>No it isn't.
Yes it is.

http://trekmovie.com/2017/05/17/breaking-first-image-from-star-trek-discovery/

Don't forget, CBS and Paramount are trying to help Jordan to build a Star Trek theme park. Filming on location is just part of them sweetening the deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Sea_Astrarium
>>
>>82860233
How's that going to work?

Is Netflix going to make each episode available as it airs or do their usual thing of dumping it all right away? If they do the latter will they have to wait for the final episode to air in America before it's available worldwide?
>>
>>82859819
>Voyager deserves all the criticism is gets because it's loads of bullshit and missed opportunities.

This.

Instead of being stranded & in a desperate situation that would TEST their Roddenberry belief system it just became business as usual.
>>
>>82860301
We'll find out when it happens.
>>
>>82860284
>>82860296
They can lie all they want, but it's clearly a CGI backdrop. Just look at it. Look at the light temperature on their clothes. It's inside on a set.
>>
>>82860254
Respecting laws and rules is "fucked up morals", no wonder modern society is so terrible.
>>
>>82860337
k
>>
>>82860121
full res

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DABgfF9VwAAlDvH.jpg:orig
>>
I always liked voyager the best. Autists just wanted voyager to be bad. It wasn't actually bad.
>>
>>82850609
>Star Trek SJW

Set course for diversity!
>>
>>82860372
>Star Trek SJW
A koo chee moya

t. mexican
>>
>>82860049
>>82860080
It's not even a trailer, it's just a short video clip.

I'm actually optimistic for Discovery, but this (not having a trailer for their annual advertisers/affiliates meeting) definitely goes on their list of fuck-ups.
>>
they clearly got scared because of Orville and wanted to show something too
>>
Is white person wearing a klingon makeup essentially a blackface?
>>
>>82860316
Exactly. The only ethically questionable thing Janeway does is help the Borg fight an enemy they started a war with in the first place. They throw in the plot contrivance that species 8472 just so happen to be super alien Nazis that wanna destroy all other alien races because they think they're the best so Janeway can come off as being just in helping the Borg otherwise all life int he galaxy would be wiped out. Even when that alien wanted to give them to the Borg as revenge for them helping the Borg which lead to his people being wiped out by the Borg, she still acts like she was just in what she did.

>>82860343
It is fucked up when you think that someone should be put to death for accidentally falling into a greenhouse because their culture says so. Laws and rules =/= they always right.
>>
>>82860432
The yearly CBS Upfronts presentation is today. It happens every year. It was going to happen regardless of whether or not Orville exists.
>>
>>82860450
No. Blackface is an exact style. Black makeup. Big lips. Playing an idiot. Too many morons scream blackface when they have no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>82860461
>The only ethically questionable thing Janeway does is
murder Tuvix.

>Janeway confronts the aliens who stole Neelix's lungs
>JANEWAY: So now I am left with the same choice you made. Whether to commit murder to save a life, or to allow my own crewman to die while you breath air through his lungs.
>MOTURA: It must be impossible for you to understand how any civilised people could come to this. Before the phage began, we were known as educators and explorers, a people whose greatest achievements were artistic. I myself am a sculptor of note on my world. All I can say is that when your entire existence is at stake--
>DERETH: You don't have to explain yourself, Motura.
>MOTURA: If the consequence of this act is a death sentence, so be it. At least it will put an end to my suffering.
>JANEWAY: I can't begin to understand what your people have gone through. They may have found a way to ignore the moral implications of what you are doing, but I have no such luxury. I don't have the freedom to kill you to save another. My culture finds that to be a reprehensible and entirely unacceptable act.
What did Janeway in Phage mean by this?
>>
>>82860461
It's not fucked up, you are invading someone else'd culture and expect them to adapt to your beliefs.
Picard did wrong in breaking the law and saving Wesley anyway, Kirk was ready to let Scotty be punished for his supposed crimes and never thought about just going away and break the planet's rules.
>>
>>82860508
>Playing an idiot
That isn't required either, blackface non-comedy musical acts for example.

>>82860539
Laws have to be just too. I bet Kirk wouldn't have obeyed an "any ship that enters our space belongs to us" law.
>>
>>82860254
>it's a "Gene Roddenberry tells the audience to not do drugs, despite doing a shitton of drugs himself every day" episode
He really was going senile, wasn't he?
>>
>>82859705
Civil Defense is GOAT
>>
>>82860590
>go on a planet
>don't even look up the rules and laws
>break it
>woooah this isn't fair! my federation constitution says this isn't fair

Yeah nah
>>
>>82860539
First they didn't invade them, they came down to contact them even though they really shouldn't as they didn't have warp capabilities so Picard violated the Prime Directive right off the bat.

Second, neither side bothered to bring up what their legal customs were. Having all transgressions be punishable by death and randomly selecting which areas would fall under their laws is a retarded legal system.

Picard was right in saving Wesley because what happened was an accident and any logical being would understand this.

>>82860628
Don't forget that Gene loved bashing capitalism in early TNG even though he was a greasy piece of shit capitalist himself. He wrote lyrics to the original TOS theme knowing they wouldn't be used just so he could get a piece of the royalties the creator of the song would get because they were "officially" part of it so he would get a credit for it.
>>
>>82860337
They composited the sky in the background to add the storm in, but that is Jordan. Are you a conspiracy nut too IRL?
>>
>>82860515
>you will never see that list the doctor made of janeways crimes over the years he mentioned in renaissance man.
>>
>>82860725
It wasn't the first contact with those people, it was like another planet people loved to visit to have a nice time
>>
I've been taking my wife on a complete Star Trek journey based on order of release, episode by episode, and we're on Voyager S2/DS9 S4 right now. The other night we were talking about how they hit the reset button on Voyager yet again, and she literally says
>Hey at least it's better than nothing

Voyager: It's Better Than Nothing!â„¢
>>
>>82860786
>>82860786
I kinda disagree
>>
>>82860802
Yeah I do as well, that's the joke. I would much rather prefer they just don't make these things in the case of Voyager, more Star Wars movies, Prometheus, etc.
>>
>>82860740
>Filmed on location then the location was replaced with CGI
So we're now agreed that it is in fact a CGI backdrop like I said, good.
>>
>>82860720
But it's not fair regardless. It makes no logical sense to make everything punishable by death even if it's an accident. It also doesn't make sense to secretly randomize areas in which the law is in affect as a means to control the population by fear of death.

>>82860770
The episode made it out to be humanity's first time coming into contact with them with the way they know jack shit about them. If they had previous contact you'd think they would have had more information on them.
>>
>>82860836
What kind of stupid do you have to be to read
>they added some things in to the sky in the background but filmed on location
to
>they filmed on a set
?
>>
>>82860720
>don't even look up the rules and laws
Yeah, it's a huge plot hole. This is part of why seasons 1 and 2 are accused of having poor/lazy writing.
>>
>>82860254
I agree.

Picard became the mouthpiece of Gene's scattershot postulations of what a 'good' future was like. Problem was that while it SOUNDED good at the time it was just unworkable when you thought about it.

I love Gene...I really do but he was trying to be too profound & nobody was allowed to break his rules except him..problem was they were never really defined.
>>
>>82860810
>more Star Wars movies, Prometheus
At least those gave us funny RLM videos. What has Voyager given us other than the last two presidents?
>>
>>82860857
"fair" it's a meme
and is only a relative term
>>
>>82860940
Based Tuvok and the Doctor. Oh, and Star Trek Voyager Elite Force, AKA the best Quake 3 clone ever.
>>
>>82860860
10/10 trolling, you've got me.

Why are you pretending this looks real though? http://scifanatic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/dsc-firstlook.jpg

Have you looked at it? Have you seen sand or rocks in real life? Are you HONESTLY telling me that you think the only thing in this picture that isn't real is the sky?
>>
>>82860720
>>don't even look up the rules and laws

>>82860881
>>don't even look up the rules and laws
>Yeah, it's a huge plot hole.

Actually they do, nobody told them the punishment though.
>>
>>82860926
He originally wanted whales to be on the Enterprise in TNG because they would somehow help with navigation through space because three dimensional movement even though the ship had a fucking computer on it with the power to actually create AI by accident. He also wanted the Ferengi to have giant dicks and wear huge cod pieces to show them off. And he wanted humans to show little to no emotion when it came to people dying even loved ones because in the future "humans don't mourn." Gene was fucking weird.
>>
>>82860973
>Have you seen sand or rocks in real life?
(You)
>>
>>82860973
It's just shills.
>>
>>82860973
Yes, how can the background be blurry when the foreground isn't?

Are we supposed to believe that this is some sort of ~magical~ camera which can focus on the foreground but not on the background?
>>
>>82861037
>I've never seen any movie filmed in a desert
That's not what blur looks like outside of photoshop
>>
File: Kes.jpg (60KB, 653x612px) Image search: [Google]
Kes.jpg
60KB, 653x612px
>>
>>82861106
>JANEWAY: "It's okay for Neelix to fuck you. You're an adult now."
>KES: "No! Even by the standards of my species, I'm still only a prepubescent child!"
That was a weird episode.
>>
>>82850609
I've recently started re-watching TNG. I always remember not liking the first two seasons, but now that I am currently half way through the 2nd, I've actually enjoyed it so far.

I think it may be because I always thought the quality of the first two seasons was poor compared to the rest of TNG, but I am now realising that these first seasons are actually far better than anything on current TV, which is probably why I like them more now.
>>
>>82861106
>Oh by the way, in addition to only being able to have one child ever which means our species is impossible, when we have sex we stick together by the hands for several days
>Bathroom breaks aren't fun
>And having to naked headbutt your enemies if attacked is also a problem
>And you should probably cook a few days worth of meals that won't spoil ahead of time and be ready to go bobbing for dinner

Were the Ocampans an inside joke for the writers or something?
>>
>>82857324
>year of hell
It was a great arc but I could never get into ot. All I could think was "thats how their ship should look all the time."
>>
>>82861185
>>82861106
it's a girl gets her first period too early and janeway helps a hedgehog mate with her episode.
>>
>>82853165
>>
>>82861337
Was Neelix a hedgehog?

Why didn't he go fast?
>>
File: Gor.jpg (82KB, 310x423px) Image search: [Google]
Gor.jpg
82KB, 310x423px
>>82857366
>>82857945
*electronic screeching*
>>
>>82857366

I would but I've never supported Bajor.
>>
File: STD.jpg (289KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
STD.jpg
289KB, 2000x1333px
What is the thoughts on this official STD photo? Too Star Wars for me.

Why are they hiding the damn uniforms so much?
>>
>>82858245

It gets better when Seven shows up, so not for another season and a half.
>>
>>82862053
the only acceptable use for this scene is if it revolves around them sneaking into a pre-warp society.

If it's anything else, its bullshit.
>>
File: Well That's Debateable.jpg (81KB, 450x311px) Image search: [Google]
Well That's Debateable.jpg
81KB, 450x311px
>>82862128
>It gets better when Seven shows up
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-18-07h07m31s690.png (450KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-18-07h07m31s690.png
450KB, 720x543px
Dukat did nothin-
>>
>>82862053
black rey and chink rey? for what reason?
>>
>>82862053
Set course for diversity!
>>
>>82862053
>too star wars for me
I had the same thought. Had to check fucking leddit to see if you were meme'ing me or not.
>>
File: engage.jpg (10KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
engage.jpg
10KB, 300x229px
>>82862136
>>82862173
>>82862188
Agreed god damn it is soooo Star Wars I can't believe it. Every time a single nugget comes out I am dissappointed.

I was only a kid when TNG first came out. Any really oldfags on here remember if TNG had the same hate back then? STD will no survive a shitty couple seasons like TNG put out at first.
>>
naomi p-pls
>>
>>82862170
>Just a little harder, Major...
>Do it for your people, YES THAT'S IT
>>
>>82862420
The sexual tension between Kira and Dukat was so uncomfortable it started to feel real.

Like I could absolutely imagine Kira having a fetish for being sexually humiliated by Cardassians that she's disgusted by.
When it was revealed her mother was Dukat's mistress it made so much sense why he was flirting with her
>>
File: a_merry_man.gif (659KB, 167x167px) Image search: [Google]
a_merry_man.gif
659KB, 167x167px
>>82853165
let's see if this works this time
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.