[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOLEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: pirates of the caribbean 5 or 6.jpg (117KB, 633x473px) Image search: [Google]
pirates of the caribbean 5 or 6.jpg
117KB, 633x473px
>Hackers holding Disney’s latest ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ for ransom.

>The movie sucks so bad Disney won't even pay the ransom.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-hackers-ransom-1202094203/
>>
We don't make deals with terrorist
>>
The movie probably sucks, but Disney ain't paying because there's no reason to. It's not like piracy won't exist with the new movie, there will be screener leaks or camrips up within a few days of release. It makes no difference to them.
>>
It's not just that it sucks, but that the only appeal is the same as in a Transformers movie. You know it will be some kind of big-theater experience. If I want to watch it at home I can wait a few months for it to show up on Netflix rather than pirate it.

Not a lot of people will steal it. It's just not worth protecting.
>>
how ironic
>>
>>82843990
>The movie sucks so bad Disney won't even pay the ransom.

>implying they haven't already sent some "professional negotiators" to their location
>>
Pirates pirate Pirates.
Disney disses demands.
Franchise film freed.
Watchers wail wholeheartedly.
>>
neat, hope it's good quality
>>
>>82843990
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
>>
>>82846472
The hacker will film his monitor and release that.
>>
File: 9gfxU.jpg (57KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
9gfxU.jpg
57KB, 1024x576px
>>82843990

>film about pirates
>people pirate it
>>
>>82846472
I don't. I hope we get a workprint that's complete garbage.
>>
Paying the ransom is a good way to encourage future hacking.

Besides, as others have said, it's not like people aren't going to leak various versions of it anyway.
>>
>>82843990
Any idea how must the requested amount is?
>>
>>82843990
fuck I was hoping it was going to be the new star wars so disney would lose a lot of money.
>>
File: brutal.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>Hackers release movie
>Computer gets encryption virus
>Have to go see it in theaters anyways

I see your play Disney...
>>
>>82843990
They're doing preemptive damage control so when the movie bombs they can blame it on this.
>>
>>82844020
>We don't make deals with terrorist

What happens when Disney goes bankrupt and the US Tax Payers bail out Disney? If they paid the terrorist's demands then Disney would do not lose money.
>>
>>82843990
this is a lie used to get attention so the movie wont flop
why would they admit it otherwise
are you people retarded? the movie comes out in a week
marketing is so easy when the world is made out of retards like you
>>
That's what Disney gets for being A) Anti American and B) Told future attendees of this film if they support Trump that they wouldn't like it.
>>
>>82846559
AAAAARRRGGH PLUNDERED
>>
>>82844029

This. Normies who want to see it won't/don't know how to torrent and anyone who torrents it probably wasn't going to pay to see it anyway.
>>
>>82846858
Youd be surprised how many normie have that one friend who hooks them up with Kodi or whatever
>>
>>82846796
OMG THERE IS A PIRATED COPY OUT!!!!

I HAVE TO SEE THIS IN THEATERS!!

Nice logic you fucking retard.
>>
File: yar.jpg (175KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
yar.jpg
175KB, 425x282px
>>82843990
WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH PIRATES
>>
>>82846541
Will it be kino?
>>
read its going to be released in separate parts.
prepare for nothing.
>>
>>82847674
will you kill yourself?
>>
>>82847686

Its in their best interest to string it along. Watch it be in an incomplete state. Its like with Orange is the New Black leak having some episodes missing, and missing effects.
>>
I really hope we get a version that's a rough edit with unfinished CG and footage that hasn't been color graded yet. Stuff like that is always really interesting when it leaks out.
>>
>>82847768
i dunno
if i was actually trying to piss off a zillion dollar company i'd probably try to do it quickly.
>>
>>82847761
If it is kino enough then yes I would die
>>
Why the fuck did they only have one copy? Why the fuck Weren't the machines updated fo over 2 monthes? Why cant anyone make fucking backups?
>>
>>82847939

They're wanting a lot of money for it though. As soon as they show their hand that they have something totally incomplete and not worth anything, Disney suddenly has no reason to care. They won't pay up anyway.
>>
>>82847785
There is a full frame version of The Matrix floating around that isn't cropped to 2.40:1 aspect ratio. You can see booms in some of the shots and the scenes in the matrix are a lot more organic and less green looking. It's a really cool watch if you can find a copy.
>>
>>82843990
is all a plot from Disney itself to try and save face with its investors, because this shit is gonna be the B.O. bomb of the century.

shitting on piracy, is just the cherry on top.
>>
>>82843990
>Movie about pirates literally being pirated.

Probably even a big scheme by the studio to make everyone watch their movie. Think about it.

-Movie is so bad that has a bad forecast
-They let people watch the best 5 or 20 minutes, or they release a key scene and left with a cliffhanger
-Now everybody and their grandma are excited to finish the movie
-PROFIT!!!!!!

It's like the modern counterpart of Android/Iphone games where you "play for free" but better features are usually P2W or cost real money.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.