[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

- $134 Million box office?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1458.jpg (23KB, 180x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1458.jpg
23KB, 180x265px
WTF happened /tv/
>>
>>82838032

I brought this up to some normie friends and not one of them had even heard of this movie so I have to think part of it was a marketing problem.
>>
>>82838032
This horrible poster makes no sense, it does not relate to the movie at all.
>>
>>82838032
WB
>>
>>82838032
Wait are you saying it made $134M or that it lost that much?
>>
>>82838032
what movie
>>
I immediately dropped it when I first saw the trailer in the cinema previews and I saw the dragon fly by.
Mythical shit can go to hell
>>
>>82838259
No mythical shit in King Arthur? Are you retarded?
>>
>>82838259

Do you think the story of King Arthur is a historical drama?
>>
>>82838205
it's on track to lose a significant amount of money, it's under performing in every market.
>>
>>82838032

Blockbuster fatigue

Normies are hopefully learning
>>
This has hardly anything to do with the legend
It looks like a Hollywood snorefest
>>
>>82838999
I agree with your point anon, this is shocking!
>>
>>82838032
There were niggers in it
>>
>>82838032
No one has any interest in King Arthur. You hear that there's going to be a King Arthur movie and you immediately forget about it.
>>
File: IMG_1443.gif (958KB, 378x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1443.gif
958KB, 378x224px
>>82841036
Pleb and shit breath detected (YOU)!!
>>
File: 23523525.jpg (100KB, 776x394px) Image search: [Google]
23523525.jpg
100KB, 776x394px
>warner brothers

kek
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 2080x1170px
>>82838032

trailers made it look like a fun popcorn movie,
I'm just too lazy to drive my ass to the theater.

I also think they fucked up on the ads or something, none of the normies at work even know the movie is out, everyone is either talking about GOTG2 or AliensR.
>>
Do you think actors care when stuff like this happens? Beyond "oh no, my career, this damages my star power", do you think their feelings are hurt by the fact that they worked on something and tried to make a good movie and nobody liked it?
>>
Why are people so obsessed with box office numbers? Do you own part of the company?
>>
>>82838999
It's not. It's pretty fucking entertaining.
>>
>>82841815
The whole point of paying actual money to see a movie in a theater is that you'll be able to discuss what you saw with other people, if nobody else has seen the movie you've wasted your money.
>>
Saw it. Thought it was fine. Now awesome but worth the time and money spent. Went my parents and they liked it a lot more than i did, they are in their 70s and love schlock so overall we had a good time.
>>
how well would a genderbent Arthur movie fare?
>>
>>82841772
They got their salary for the film, but it hurts their residuals.
>>
>>82841875
What kind of stupid wannabe normalfag logic is this?
>>
Hollywood is fucking dead
>>
>>82841964
only arthur or everybody?
>>
>>82841674

they really fucked up somewhere to not even get good numbers internationally, usually the latin america box office eats up this type of movies.
>>
File: tAG_118849.jpg (73KB, 790x494px) Image search: [Google]
tAG_118849.jpg
73KB, 790x494px
>>82842166

it should be easier with just Arthur.
>>
>>82842241
these days only capeshit and shitty local comedies do really well here
even star wars underperformed in mexico
>>
>>82842308

isn't Mexico fond of the shitty Ice Age sequels and Dreamworks junk?
>>
>>82842386
oh yes. animated stuff of all kinds does really well here. and anime imports
>>
Who was the market for this?

Game of Thrones + Sons of Anarchy + Sherlock Holmes (the Downey films) fans?
>>
>Jesus Croist Artha boy
>Merlin called a sit down at the round table
>We need to get out of swords
>reach out to the Saxons
>>
>>82838032

I saw previews of it a few different movies I went to see over the last few months.

It looked stupid. Jude Law as the king looked decent but mixing medieval and magic doesn't work the way they advertised it. More low key on the magic. More making it more serious.

All this from a marketing standpoint. Make it look gritty with a hint of magic. The trailers were laughable.
>>
>>82841772
Well from the Joe Rogen interview, seems like Ritchie was working on this movie for like 3 years, and was really proud of it. It has to sting to see your movie tank after all that time investment in it, though financially he's fine.
>>
>>82841772

Not really if they're established and like it. You can do all the shlock you like if you've got some major productions or hell an oscar nod under your belt.

The newer ones it hurts though. You get typecast real quick with things like this.
>>
>>82842430

All of the above? I'm surprised it got greenlit.

Something like this belongs on Netflix or Amazon. Not millions and millions of dollars in a Hollywood production.
>>
>>82838032
Too many white people. Why was only half the cast black? Ridiculous.
>>
>>82842386

Animated movies make bank no matter what. Ice Age does well in the states and abroad and it's complete shit.

One company that knows what the fuck they're doing is Illumination. They're growing so fast because they have decent scripts that aren't amazing but middle road. They're shitting all over Dreamworks who have tried to pull that shit for years and failed usually.

They milk that shit and it's universally liked.
>>
>>82838259
>mythical shit
I'm fucking sold now
>>
>>82838032

It wasn't a good movie, plain and simple.

t. someone who went to see it
>>
>>82841036
>There were niggers in it

This.

Niggers don't belong in Arthurian legends, so they can fuck right off with their "diversity" casting.
>>
>>82838135
This. I didn't even know it existed until threads about it bombing showed up, and I watch commercials on tv pretty often
>>
>>82841815
It's interesting to take note of trends in zeitgeists.
>>
>>82841772
It's going to kill Hunnam's career most likely. This was his chance to show he could carry a big film
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.