[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly would a shill thread for The Mask (1994) look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: the-mask-movie-wallpaper-17.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-mask-movie-wallpaper-17.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
What exactly would a shill thread for The Mask (1994) look like?
>>
>>82837076
SOMEBODY STOP ME
>>
It would be funny if Mask (1985) and The Mask (1994) had a joint-sequel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdR421Ekv8
>>
le edgy kids movie
>>
it would be awesome if they did a reboot 100% faithful to the comic
>>
>>82837813
i thought so too, but when i described it to teevee, all i got were WOW SO EDGY comments. sure, its a product of the 90s but i just wanna see walter realized onscreen
>>
File: Oh sonny.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Oh sonny.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>82837569
>Mask cinematic universe featuring Stanley Ipkiss, Rocky Dennis, and Bane
>>
>>82838103
I like your mind anon.
>>
>>82837813
comic is way too fucking edgy, the movie was a better take on the idea
>>
>>82837076
>CAMERON DIAZ LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?
>>
>>82838429
it was alot more family friendly which came with having the biggest star at the time in it. stanley in the movie is obsessed with cartoons which explains how he acts, and it did have the part where he sticks a muffler up a guys ass

but i can imagine a more dramatic take that at least follows the plot of the comic where the mask is sort of like a wish fullfillment/id machine that starts to take over his mind as he gets more violent.
>>
>>82838103
>forgetting Mobile Armored Strike Kommand
>>
>>82838749
Who would you cast for a darker remake that was more true to the dark horse original ?

It would have to be someone who could switch between being a funny, over the top caricature That loves childish pranks - and a more violent sociopath that takes revenge on criminals.

It's quite a hard line to walk between those two things and get it right.

Surreal slapstick cartoonish comedy and Tarantino-esque violence need to come together somehow and still have the audience root for him.

The Jim Carrey movie Is literally one of my favourite movies of all time though. It was one of those defining childhood movies for me - as gay as that sounds.
>>
File: ngbbs4b835da697320[1].jpg (67KB, 442x470px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs4b835da697320[1].jpg
67KB, 442x470px
>>82837076
Producers trying to convince everyone that the new family-friendly attitude is a good thing or that it doesn't matter that they got rid of literally all the violence.
>>
>>82839096
>>82838749
It would end up like the second ghost Rider movie
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
Nobody cared who Stanley Ipkiss was until he put on the mask
>>
>>82839096
James McAvoy did quite a good job on Split.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.