[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HBO's Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 874367587.jpg (33KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
874367587.jpg
33KB, 506x316px
Where did they waste so much money on?
The show is mostly dialogue driven, there's like one or two battle scenes in the whole show, I'm really not getting how this was more expensive than Game Of Thrones to make, can anyone explain?
>>
The sets were apparently ridiculously expensive to keep.
>>
>>82833122
CGI and costumes I'm assuming
>>
Huge complex sets, location shooting, tons of extras making the huge complex sets look like actual city rather than sets.

Basically the same thing as deadwood except muh rome instead of muh west
>>
File: 1482109219026.jpg (356KB, 1264x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1482109219026.jpg
356KB, 1264x1818px
>>82833122
>ywn be politely killed by Pullo pushing a sword down your shoulder into your heart
>>
File: got1.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
got1.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
The sets look great and so do the costumes. Game of Thrones doesn't look nearly as good for most of the season until they start getting to the end of the season and they start using their budget.
>>
>>82834205
And them burning down killed the show as nobody was willing to pay for its rebuilding.
>>
>set in Rome at the peak of the Republic/Empire
>streets are empty
>>
they didn't fuck around with sets and costumes. they also had to rebuild some sets when they burned down.
>>
>>82833122
The INCREDIBLY large and detailed sets. And they burned down, too.
>>
>>82835851
>peak

It's actually right before the peak. The Pax Romana doesn't start until Augustus becomes emperor.
>>
>>82833122
They virtually built an entire city for the set.
>>
>>82835581
the scenes in the iron bank looked better than this picture implies
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.