[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 38

File: 446074113-jsc8w8g[1].jpg (349KB, 6250x3646px) Image search: [Google]
446074113-jsc8w8g[1].jpg
349KB, 6250x3646px
/who/'s STILL BLIND edition

Last thread >>82822240
>>
File: 1y.png (140KB, 334x306px) Image search: [Google]
1y.png
140KB, 334x306px
>>82830768
did it look like we were at 310 replies, fucker?
>>
first for Missy regenerating into Delgado
>>
I never liked Missy, I'm glad she's leaving.
>>
>>82830805
Has there ever been anything to contradict that?
>>
>>82830906
Missy having knowledge of the Time War and saying that she found Gallifrey.
>>
File: tumblr_m6rt5fvUMB1qarqt3o1_500.gif (996KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6rt5fvUMB1qarqt3o1_500.gif
996KB, 500x242px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCHREyE5GzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhXdjUNq-Qs
>h-heavent sent music is original marigold masterpiece!! finally he make something new!
>>
>>82830941
Post timecodes, I'm not listening to 15 minutes of music just to find the parts you think are similar.
>>
https://youtu.be/GoVLhUxhdSw

Was this song ever released? Is it on the soundtrack? It sounds really nice.
>>
>>82831031
It's the Long Song, my lass
>>
>>82831051
Oh! Cheers, Anon.
>>
>>82830833
pleb
>>
>>82830922
Is there any evidence that the classic Masters didn't know about the Time War?
>>
At this point I'm pretty sure the only people who believe that s8 and s9 are best era of Nuwho are just contrarians.
>>
McCoy is a sensate in this season, got connected with Riley only in the middle of a rave where he was looking for drugs, he's scottish and goes out shouting with a candle, nothing changed
>>
>>82831129
Whats the best era in your opinion?
>>
>>82831129
I'm a Troughton contrarian. Best era even if it nearly got the show cancelled.
>>
>>82831114

The Macqueen Master says he was revived by the Time Lords to fight against the Daleks as the Time Lords regarded them as a growing threat.

Obviously TV Masters never mentioned the war.
>>
>>82831129
True, now that series 10 is clearly surpassing them.
>>
>>82831211

Let's not get carried away just because Oxygen was good.
>>
>>82831170
Talking nuwho, series 5 Moffat was really great and promising.
I think S1 and S3 of nuho are fantastic too.
>>
>>82831227
12 is at his best series.
Bill is better than Clara.
The episodes are better.
>>
>>82831179
time and time again, doctor who has suffered from just being too fucking good and not getting the appreciation it deserves. it seems we're at that point again - perhaps the first time for new who - but the show will overcome it
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6bik57/i_am_michelle_gomez_and_i_play_missy_queen_of/dhmwfji/
>>
File: INSTANT KEK.jpg (22KB, 579x175px) Image search: [Google]
INSTANT KEK.jpg
22KB, 579x175px
>>
>>82831270
Yes,
Not yet,
Fuck no
>>
MIchelle Gomez ('missy') reddit AMA right now you guise

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6bik57/i_am_michelle_gomez_and_i_play_missy_queen_of/
>>
I love you.
>>
>>82831306
>tfw all my favourite eras are among the least popular
Trout, McCoy, now Capaldong. It used to bother me but now I just expect it.
>>
>>82831396
Love you too anon.
>>
>>82831396
>>82831419
I love you both
>>
>>82831396
Quite right too
>>
SPLINK!
>>
File: 7explosion.gif (4MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
7explosion.gif
4MB, 384x288px
>>82831410
Is Sylvester Mccoy really that unpopular? I've only ever heard good things and people praising him, I don't actually think I recall ever hearing anybody being negative towards him at all. (Might have something to do with the kind of fans I surround myself with, though.) I thought Colin Baker was less popular?
>>
>>82830941
I don't hear it.
Its not John Williams-tier larceny.
>>
>>82831530
He was hated when it was airing.
Now people are much more positive.
>>
>>82831396
Requited <3
>>
>>82831579
What a bunch of plebs

>>82831609
Good afternoon, kitty~
>>
>>82831579
This is what will happen with Moffat.
>>
>>
>>82831530
>>82831579
Yeah basically. He was my Doctor growing up but he got no respect. Took years for it to came around.
>>
>>82831650
Wrong
>>
>>82831633
This desu.

RTDs era wont age well.
>>
>>82831579
>>82831530
Many people had stopped watching by McCoy's final seasons (partially due to Six's run) and never saw how good his seasons with Ace got, and he was the Doctor when the show was cancelled, so he got blamed. Also, the Seventh Doctor was the start of the change from "Doctor is a normal bloke who never makes a moral mistake" to "Doctor is a lonely god who is a great Lord of Time who often makes questionably moral decisons", and so the fans who didn't like that shift had issues with Seven.
>>
>>82831625
hola, el lord victorioso de provocando
>>
>>82831722
Nor will Smith's era.
>>
>>82831831
Will Smith era?
>>
>>82831776
hola gatazo de doce colas
>>
File: 10nyoron.png (6KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
10nyoron.png
6KB, 360x360px
>>82831769
>>82831684
>>82831579

(I honestly wasn't aware, thanks guise.)
>>
>>82831338
>CURRENT YEAR and relative dimension in space
>>
42 vs Oxygen

Both episodes are set in the 3 corridors, both are about space, both are base under siege, both involve Doctor getting injured. 42 is considered by many as average, Oxygen is praised as a fantastic episode.

Major part of Doctor Who is characters the Doctor and companion meet. Let's compare side characters and their developement in the episode.

There's Kath. -- The Captain. She's pragmatic, and just little bit of a bitch. We see her as the bad person because, in fact, it's all her fault. She's trying to avoid the responsibility, but in the end she realises that it's time to pay and sacrifices herself to kill one her husband possessed by the sun. We learn that actually cares about the crew and about her husband after all.

Here's Riley. He's kind of a lonely or desperate person. He doesn't have anybody to rely on, and he had already given up on finding one. Spending time with Martha, in the airlock he learned that it's worth living, and he actually falls in love with her. He's sad about her leaving.

There's Erina. They don't develop her much, but we learn that she's tired of that job and just doesnt give a fuck anymore.

There are several other guys who die or just fix stuff on the spaceship.

Oxygen:
There's Dah-Renn: he's human, but he is blue. He's tired of racists and he behaves sarcastic.
There's Abby, she doubts Doctor and doesnt trust him.
There's Ivan. He lost his love, I think.
There's other guy, REALLY nothing to say about him.

Feel the difference, eh?

Talking about the Doctor and companion development:
In 42 there was a fantastic airlock scene, where we realise that even though Martha's is tired of her big family, she still loves every single one of them, and she's genuinely scared about losing them. She also realises that she'd be gone missing, and she doesn't want her mum to suffer the loss. She also helps Riley to understand how does it feel - relying on someone in life.
2000 symbols
>>
>>82832034
Get back to work Chris.
>>
>>82832034
Solid bait.
>>
>>82832034
Doctor in 42 doesn't get much developement, but he saves Martha and gets really hurt by the sun in his head.

Oxygen Companion developement:
Bill is being Bill, not like a bad thing, but the only new thing about her we learn - she thinks of her real mom when she's about to die, she cares about her alot.

The Doctor in Oxygen is great, scenes with him trying to fix everything himself without help are good. The ending scene with Nardole and him is pretty neat, the Nardole gets more serious as the series progresses, which is nice.

Talking about cinematography - Oxygen is obviously better, but the pacing in 42 is slightly better in my opinion, mostly because Graeme Harper is a fantastic director.
>>
>>82832034
How come I legitimately cared more about the blue guy dying in Oxygen than anyone in 42?
>>
What are the most kino SJA episodes?
>>
>>82831831
S5 will age well but S6/7 will be forgotten.
>>
>>82832320
Because he's blue.
>>
>>82832467
No it can't be that. I don't see race
>>
>>82832467
Da ba dee
>>
>>82832467
just like me :(
>>
>>82832408
death of the doctor
all of the trickster episodes
day of the clown
curse of clyde langer
>>
>>82832146
How is that bait at all? Like, really.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2iflEINZrU

was it kino?
>>
>>82832763
I prefer the other version
>>
Can't screencap or link, but Jon Blum is going nutso on GB's Oxygen Viewing Figures thread right now

Regards, Jon Blum
>>
>>82833073
What is he doing?
>>
>>82832739
>>82832739
Because they were over analyzing the characters of 42 while just giving bland descriptions of the ones from Oxygen. I could make up stuff for Oxygen too.
>>
>>82833073
Details?

Cheers, Jon Blum
>>
>>82833130
All of 42 characters I listed are given their own scenes where we see how they behave in different situations. It's not overanalysing, it's just what this episode gives you. I didn't write anything about the other crew members, who barely have presence, but I could make up something.

There's no way you truly believe that Oxygen characters are somewhat better writter than 42's.
>>
>>82833170
Some claimed that dr who was failing or whatever, and he's claiming that dr who is as strong as ever.
>>
File: cheers.png (6KB, 190x237px) Image search: [Google]
cheers.png
6KB, 190x237px
>>82833073
Some things never change
>>
Why does he have to end every post with that?
Is it like a Chantho kinda ordeal?
>>
>>82833280
DW is failing though. Objectively.
>no merch in shops anymore
>lowest viewing figs since 80's cancellation
>casual audience consensus think that it's shit, over complex, gone down hill
>>
>>82833353
Only 6% of Thin Ice's overnight viewers in the UK were aged between 4-16
>>
>>82833286
He's posted an additional 691 since that was taken
>>
>>82833376
More stats for Thin Ice, overnight UK viewership:

Age C4-15 made up 6% of the audience watching Dr Who.
Age 16-34 made up 15% of the audience watching Dr Who.
Age 35-44 made up 12% of the audience watching Dr Who.
Age 45-54 made up 22% of the audience watching Dr Who.
Age 55-64 made up 21% of the audience watching Dr Who.
Age 65+ made up 24% of the audience watching Dr Who.

In simpler terms:

Age C4-15 // 276,000 viewers
Age 16-34 // 631,000 viewers
Age 35-44 // 495,000 viewers
Age 45-54 // 945,000 viewers
Age 55-64 // 923,000 viewers
Age 65+ // 1,050,000 viewers
>>
File: 13th Doctor.png (198KB, 349x418px) Image search: [Google]
13th Doctor.png
198KB, 349x418px
The Doctor: It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for.

Bill: So he was The Doctor all the time!
>>
>>82833376
Kris Marshall will bring it back
>>
>>82833404
[Insert image of John Barrowman with short grey hair/Captain JUST here]
>>
PUT FUCKING MR. MEN DOCTOR WHO BOOKS ON THE MEGA RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
>>82833404
Wait, so many old people watch DW in the UK ?
This is pretty cool actually, some of them probably have memories of lost episodes.
>>
>>82833404
>1/3 of the current Doctor Who audience are of pension age

I thought it was a "family show" and a "kids show"

They've lost their audience
>>
File: ourselves.png (1MB, 968x933px) Image search: [Google]
ourselves.png
1MB, 968x933px
>>
>>82833490
Seconded.
>>
BURN WITH ME
>>
>>82833757
Who are you?
>>
>>82833757
...is the french name of 42
>>
FAKE SPOILERS: The flashback scene that kicks off Extremis is 10 (yes, Tennant has come back for a specially shot scene) and Simm, with 10 promising to take care of Simm if he ever needs it. (This is during the scene where he's strapped up with Wilf)
>>
The whole Dah-Renn/Bill racism thing was not super well done; I feel like we got the setup but not the payoff. Maybe they'll continue it, but Bill seemed mostly just insulted rather than enlightened. My biggest complaint about the episode, which (given how minor it is overall) is a pretty good thing.

One of the better "capitalism is ebull" episodes they've done; the actions of the capitalists seemed at least vaguely sane rather than absurd comic book villain "I'll block out the sun and then sell it back to them muahahaha (t. Simpsons Did It)"

I'm glad we're getting our first midseason shakeup next episode, this "wooo mysterious vault door what's behind it" shit is getting tiresome. "Doctor is blind" is lame but it probably explains the regeneration light in that one preview shot (has someone freezeframed that and confirmed it was eyes)? That said, this is the last Capaldi season, right? "The Doctor has diminished capabilities" is a good plot hook/variant and I hope they can do some good stuff with it next episode, both on the comedy side of things and the drama. Ultimately one the points of DW has always been "a doddering old fool with a heart of gold is worth a million super soldiers with no moral compass", so depowering him is a good way to amp up that point.

Good Bill in the episode, I'm one of those not totally sold on her but this raised my stock in her pretty significantly. Also glad to see Nardole along on an adventure, He's a good outlet for comedy and lets the doctor act a bit more serious. I think "her suit is malfunctioning at the most inopportune times!!!" is kind of a lame way to set up the drama but eh, not a huge complaint and I like that it did malfunction at least once outside of danger.

I didn't like (it's a "sonic screwdriver gets crushed" episode); I understand that "magic wand" doesn't make for a good story but I wish they'd go with "it's deadlocked/it didn't work/what did you expect, it's a screwdriver!" some more.

8/10 best S10 so far.
>>
>>82833404
Man, this takes me back to the JNT days when all Dr Who fans worth their salt had a sideline in BBC overnight viewing statistics.

>Inb4 "BBC bosses" and "the suits at Broadcasting House".
>>
POST TRIBUTES
>>
jk
>>
>>82835016
no
>>
k
>>
>>82834509
>One of the better "capitalism is ebull" episodes they've done; the actions of the capitalists seemed at least vaguely sane rather than absurd comic book villain "I'll block out the sun and then sell it back to them muahahaha (t. Simpsons Did It)"
Well, at least it was clear what Burns' scheme was. He was going to block the sun and sell people his electricity (I highly doubt lighting is a major energy consumer though)

I still can't figure out what exactly the business plan regarding oxygen was. It seems that the ultimate scheme was about killing workers and appropriating their oxygen, which would be a sound idea, but it doesn't work as critique of capitalism because killing people and stealing their shit is not a capitalist value.

I guess simply refusing to resupply their oxygen would not be as entertaining.
>>
>>82835133
>but it doesn't work as critique of capitalism because killing people and stealing their shit is not a capitalist value.
Did you expect a thorough understanding of capitalism from a BBC scifi show though?
>>
>>82835133
>killing people and stealing their shit is not a capitalist value
Maybe not in mainstream, moderate capitalism, but it's not like it's never happened.
>>
>>82833280
He's delusional. Gallifreybase viewers/posters themselves are down from series 9. The episode rating threads lost a number of voters from series 9.
>>
>>82835133
Their employers realized the Suits could function on their own without "organic components" in them, and then decided that the oxygen was too expensive for them to just let these obsolete components just breathe it away. Clearly the most profitable move is to immediately terminate their use of it and reallocate it elsewhere.
>>
Why would anyone block out the sun?
>>
>>82835375
??

Doctor said their replacements were on the rescue ship.

So why kill people then send more people?
>>
File: 616.gif (982KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
616.gif
982KB, 384x224px
io9.gizmodo com/you-can-listen-to-30-hours-of-doctor-who-adventures-rig-1795048379
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but if not, enjoy /who/.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CO6zrxri0

Just watched this to familiarise myself with Mr.Marshall, and decided I'll kill myself if he isn't 13.

He's so, so good. Too good.
>>
>>82835324
People under every value system kill each other and steal each other's shit. That's how things are.

But those actions are not endorsed by the capitalist worldview. They are endorsed by Marxism and lots of ideologies that fell out favour. Bringing it as criticism of capitalism makes sense.

>>82835296
>Did you expect a thorough understanding of capitalism from a BBC scifi show though?
From an enterprise that lives off government forcibly extracting funds from population without asking for consent instead of obeying market forces? I expected nothing less.
>>
>>82835133
They were wasting oxygen the company had paid for. This was their worst productive month. They needed to be replaced without waiting to die from oxygen deprivation. They needed to die before so the new replacement workers would just take their oxygen, meaning that's less oxygen the company has to pay for the new crew.
>>
Hell, just the Fridge Horror of how young the Doctor really is is a real downer. First died of old age at 450, and Eleventh is about 1100 (give or take a few decades). That means that right now he's barely past the point where his second incarnation should be dying of old age. He's sacrificed millennia of his life for the sake of protecting the universe. To make things worse, he hasn't seen any of his family since his first incarnation.
>>
>>82835463
Their replacements were more suits. No wasteful organic components on board.
>>
>>82835375
So, who owns the oxygen? From the context, I got the impression that they already paid for what they have in their suits (It would be weird if someone gave your car free refuel, then decided it's not worth it, chased you down and kill you to take it back). Who'd give people advance oxygen without means to cut the supply?
>>
>>82835533
he saw susan in the 5 doctors, and again in the 8th doctor adventures
>>
>>82835533
Eleven died at 2000 years old.

>>82835538
No, they were more efficient workers. Did you not pay attention? The suits could only do basic stuff like repairing a door or carrying crates.
>>
>>82835564
>It would be weird if someone gave your car free refuel, then decided it's not worth it, chased you down and kill you to take it back
This is exactly what happened though. It's not weird. That way they don't fill the whole base with oxygen. Imagine the cost of that.
>>
>>82835485
>But those actions are not endorsed by the capitalist worldview.
Surely the East India Company and similar killed people for profit, at various points in history? For sure there are people dying from unsafe conditions in sweatshops right now.
>>
Reminder that GOAT Marigold

https://youtu.be/mvl3CSkLV28
>>
>>82835512
This would make sense, but it runs into different issue. What are relationship between the company and oxygen?

It's implied that scarcity is artificial, so they vent it out (Not really a capitalist thing either, outside of Veblen goods), but in this case they shouldn't worry this much about workers, they pay for oxygen themselves.

If they buy it from elsewhere, why did they waste perfectly good oxygen?

Finally, pinning issue of over-regulation (If oxygen monopoly is protected) or price-fixing on capitalism is also a bit off.
>>
All the people asking how the episode was good at criticising capitalism were the same people shitposting in the live thread. You can be sure of that.
>>
>>82835533
Do you even watch the show?
They make up a new number for his age every time they bring it up and it's never relative.
Is he giving his age in Gallifreyan years? Earth? Whatever planet he happens to be on at that moment?
We don't even know how long a Gallifreyan year is compared to Earth.

also this >>82835574
>>
>>82835687
I like the episode and I like most of Murray's work, but this isn't anything special. Uninspired, frankly. He's done stuff leagues above this. It's just a few rising chords and a standard beat, both of which make a combination that isn't anything novel for Doctor Who or for the world of music.

Sorry.
>>
>>82835533
Pretty sure the doctor just says whatever he thinks sounds good or appropriate. He's ancient and has no actual clue as to his age. The doctor lies and we can tell he's pretty vain about his appearance, thought he looked the same age as clala if I recall. Doubtful he keeps track at all, and why would he? There's no tuesday afternoons with a time machine. He just keeps bumping it up randomly over time.
>>
NARDOLE: Never again.
DOCTOR: Stop talking. Now.
NARDOLE: I'm serious. We were so close to not making it back. Then what happens to the vault? You know what's at stake here.
DOCTOR: Really, stop talking.
NARDOLE: What if you got killed out there, huh? What happens to your precious Earth then? You need to be here, and you need to be ready if that door ever opens. Look at me.
DOCTOR: I can't.
NARDOLE: What if you came back injured or sick? You really think our friend down there won't know that? Won't sense it? Look at me!
DOCTOR: Nardole, I can't. I really can't! I can't look at anything ever again. I'm still blind.
>>
>>82835579
I may be mistaken, but I thought they put the lie to that claim that when the suits started bypassing the locks and navigating the new section of the ship - turns out they actially are smart enough to replace their organic components.
>>
>>82835716
>why did they waste perfectly good oxygen?
They didn't, that's why they were killing the crew. They thought they were good enough but they found out they were unproductive and just had to be replaced. They had already wasted too much oxygen by then so the suits needed to save whatever remained.
>>
>>82835745
tfw I paste something from TV Tropes (as I thought would be pretty obvious, considering it's using such reddit speak as "Fridge Horror") and get attacked because people think it's my own comment
>>
>>82835775
Yeah, they repaired the lock. But that and updating their maps is hardly drilling inside a planet.
>>
>>82835820
I was specifically talking about the oxygen they vented into space.
>>
>>82835847
They didn't vent oxygen to space? When did that happen?
>>
>>82835753
The one from 3:00 to 3:48 is absolutely GOAT though.

https://youtu.be/kjx6_mGRYK0
>>
>>82835847
Wasn't that "illegal" oxygen that the tardis provided?
>>
>>82835946
Yes. Why did they vent perfectly good oxygen into space just because it's "illegal"
>>
>>82835981
Because it hadn't been paid for. Perhaps the company offering the oxygen had written a monopoly contract.
>>
>>82835981
Monopoly. Same reason the cinema forbids perfectly good snacks if you didn't buy them from the concession (insert crab legs meme here).
>>
File: IMG_1182.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1182.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>82835981
as the others said, probably because the company monopolized the oxygen. i've only seen it once so i dunno if that was written into the script or anything though
>>
PS: There's literally nothing wrong with Robot of Sherwood.
>>
>mfw DW triggers the ancaps
Truly kino
>>
File: whatfight.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
whatfight.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>82836216
The only thing that made me reee was the golden arrow bit.. You can tell that it was written for smith's Doctor, but capaldi did really well. The bantz is great.
>>
Nardole Rule 34
>>
>>82836438
Pls don't make me draw this
>>
>>82836449
Draw Missy putting a Capaldi-shaped dildo inside Nardole. Missy is smiling like a lunatic.
>>
>>82835981
Do people really not understand basic ideas like "artificial scarcity"?

If the company is creating artificial scarcity of oxygen, that means oxygen is cheap and plentiful for them. They don't care about saving, gaining, or wasting oxygen. They only care about controlling it, making it artificially scarce for the workers, so they can control the workers.

It's a standard "company town" setup, as seen in 19th century mining towns, but with oxygen as the artificially scarce resource instead of housing and food.

Also, there's nothing "Marxist" about this episode at all. The story is basically straight out of Proudhon's critique of capitalism as an anti-free-market force, which Marx disagreed with. And it ends with the Doctor saying the workers are going to smash the state and "Then the human race finds a whole new mistake," while Marx of course believed that the next thing the human race finds after capitalism will be only one step away from utopia.
>>
>>82836519
Noice. This is literally what I've just seen last week in class. You know your shit, anon.
>>
>>82836519
>tfw when they got sandman for sleep no more but couldn't be bothered to get some Tennessee Ernie Ford for a mining/working montage for Oxygen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkRYuMqw-B0
>>
>We are your Benefactors. We only want to help.

If you ever hear those words, don't ever accept their help.
>>
>>82836519
>If the company is creating artificial scarcity of oxygen, that means oxygen is cheap and plentiful for them. They don't care about saving, gaining, or wasting oxygen.
Precisely. Which means the whole "(un)gas the workers, class war now" plot meaningless.
>>
>>82836519
Good post.
>>
Nardole claims he hasn't seen his true face in years as he "swapped it out while on the run". Who is he really, /who/?
>>
>>82836687
There wasn't such a plot in the episode though.
>>
>>82836677
In case they assault you?
>>
>>82835981
>>82836687
Maybe didn't have the tools to harvest it in the station. If that's the case, leaving a supply of free, easily obtainable oxygen that they couldn't exploit would cut into their bottom line.
>>
>>82836731
This was the central plot, I just described it facetiously.

If oxygen isn't costly for company, why freak out?
>>
>>82836749
Indeed. But above all because they're likely the source of the issues you are dealing with in the first place, unbeknownst to you. They put you in trouble in the dark then help you in broad daylight to have you believe they're nice people. Then you become part of their empire.
>>
File: capaldibbc.jpg (85KB, 1242x781px) Image search: [Google]
capaldibbc.jpg
85KB, 1242x781px
>>
File: handles.png (239KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
handles.png
239KB, 720x404px
Top 10 saddest anime death scenes
>>
>>82836724
the watcher
>>
>>82836816
Capitalists will try to get every single penny they can get out of it. Oxygen probably isn't very costly, but it still represents a cost, an investment if you prefer. So if that amount of money, however small you paid, isn't productive and profitable, you take a loss.
>>
File: nardole watcher.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
nardole watcher.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>82836925
Top 10 Most Shocking Reveals in Anime
>>
>>82836816
It doesn't matter if oxygen isn't costly for the company you thick cunt, if the company's the only provider available it can make the prices it wants.
>>
>>82837049
Top 10 Anime Battles
>>
>>82836687
How is it meaningless?

For the company, if they have a group of workers that's less efficient than they'd like, just replace them with a new group of workers, and killing the old workers is cheaper than sending them home with severance pay.

For the workers, smashing the absentee capitalists is the only way to free up the market so they can get oxygen at its true value instead of its artificially-scarce value, so the class warfare makes total sense.

The only way either part of this makes no sense is if you're so indoctrinated with either Marxist or corporatist dogma that you're literally blind to the assumptions behind your dogma.
>>
The monks are the Benefactors guys.
>>
>I just want to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin again, Doctor. Please save us.
>>
>>82836970
Controlling the oxygen market is about getting labour for as close to freeas possible, not about profiting off oxygen. You pay the workers, then you soak up all of their pay by charging them for things at prices you can set arbitrarily to soak up all of their pay. As long as those things you're selling them are worth less on the free market than their labour (or the goods produced by their labour) is worth, you come out ahead.
>>
>>82837085
That's not the point. Problem is, it's freaking out over paying itself.
>>
I wonder, if time lords head is removed in such way as it was from Nardole, would his body regenerate a new one? I mean, a hand can regenerate into a whole new Doctor after all...
>>
>>82837340
What is the "it" in your sentence?

If it's the company, then in what way is the company "freaking out" over anything?
>>
>>82837286
This. In my part of the US the coal companies used to do that exact thing, building entire "company towns" near the mines and charging two-thirds of the wages for rent.
>>
File: spinoff.png (90KB, 876x636px) Image search: [Google]
spinoff.png
90KB, 876x636px
presented without comment
>>
>>82835835
>835835
Nice dubs

I thought Fridge Horror was weird but looked past it. Also (obviously) didn't realise it was just a meme
>>
>>82837454
Hahaha!
>>
>>82837508
fair enough
>>
>>82837382
A hand can't normally regenerate into a whole new Doctor, it can only happen if it's a hand that was severed during the post-regeneration 16 hours, and the Doctor later regenerates in its presence in some special way that isn't defined beyond being called a "regeneration meta-crisis", whatever that means.

And there's presumably no way you can do the same thing with a head, because removing the head kills a Time Lord, unlike removing a hand.

But if you could separate the head and the body during the post-regeneration 16 hours and somehow keep the head alive with Futurama head-in-a-jar technology or something, then presumably the head could choose to grow a new body, and then you could later engineer a "regeneration meta-crisis" where the body would also grow a new head, but it wouldn't be a real Time Head.
>>
>We are mining the sun for its net worth.
>You're killing an ENTIRE planet, blocking out the sun!
>Simple negative externality.
>>
>>82837588
Too real.
>>
>>82837751
What do you mean?
>>
>>82837454
>this is the autism Doctor Who actors have to put up with
>>
>>82837454
what the fuck
>>
Why does The Master scream when he regenerates in Utopia?
>>
>>82838022
'Cos he's bananas!
>>
>>82838022
Why does 11 scream in TEoT?
>>
File: timey wimey.jpg (131KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
timey wimey.jpg
131KB, 550x550px
('('('('('('('('deepestlore')')')')')')')')
>>
File: lightning.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
lightning.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Top 10 RTD Battles
>>
File: CYoTQL-WkAUGCGr.jpg (52KB, 595x411px) Image search: [Google]
CYoTQL-WkAUGCGr.jpg
52KB, 595x411px
>>82837454
>>
>>82830805

First for the Doctor regenerating into the first Master, who is who is kept in the vault. Turns out the Master is a crazed version of the Doctor, the Valeyard.

The Doctor literally becomes his own Nemisis.
>>
>>82838022
>>82838066
Because it must fucking burn. Every single cell regenerates. Sometimes the Doctor's lucky enough to be unconscious; other times he might just be trying to stay strong for companions. 8 also sort of gasps and lets out a cry when he dies.
>>
>>82838438
Fanfic-level shit
>>
MR MEN BOOKS MEGA NOW
>>
>>82838257
What did he mean by this?
>>
The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit two parter has just started on /casualwhostream/

Come watch, get comfy, Simmpost, your choice.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 756x902px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 756x902px
Most fucked up monster face since SJA's Trickster?
>>
>>82838524
Eh. The Silence were kinda weird. Dunno if I'd call 'em weirder than the Trickster.
Even the Mummy isn't so far off from your pic related.
>>
>>82838505
>celebrating audios with ten and billie
>celebrating

Out
>>
File: doctor_who_hide_8.jpg (40KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
doctor_who_hide_8.jpg
40KB, 500x280px
>>82838524
Probably. Though there's also this fella
>>
>>82838621
That was yesterday's room topic, Stormy hasn't been in to change it I don't think.
>>
>>82838678
>celebrating 10/rose at any time
>for any reason
>>
>>82838438
You realise that the only Valeyard story also has the Master in, and this would just make that story even worse than it already is?
>>
>>82838614
This guy was pretty ugly but most of his face was covered.
>>
File: 1487581787584.png (217KB, 336x341px) Image search: [Google]
1487581787584.png
217KB, 336x341px
>>82838774
>Stop liking what I don't like
I mean, personally I don't see the fuss, but it's neat that people are happy
>>
File: 1316024473489.jpg (331KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1316024473489.jpg
331KB, 700x1050px
>>82838850
>being happy about the wrong things
Absolutely DISGUSTING desu
>>
>>82838850
Newfag. Imagine thinking 10/rose appreciation is tolerated here
>>
>>82838918
>Imagine thinking 10/rose appreciation is tolerated here
I blame edge_lord
>>
>>82838992
It's a combination of the new trips (Edge, Neo, etc.) masturbating to Tennant and also the on-season, which is always more forgiving to RTD.
>>
just watched the magician's apprentice. can't believe people liked this. moffat as his absolute worst. _literally_ nothing happens for the first half hour

one good davros scene in the second part does not a good story make
>>
>>82839175
The first part was indeed a fucking mess
>>
>>82839175
>can't believe people liked this
They did?
>>
>>82839175
redditors out
>>
Just watched smile and I can think is

Why doesn't the doctor ever just travel a bit back in time and redo everything so no one dies?
>>
>>82839281
t. Tegan Jovanka
>>
>>82838476
>Fanfic-level shit

And this is why it would make a good Doctor Who plot. Both Davis and the Moff are expert turd polishers.
>>
>>82839244
dd, can you remove me as a mod from /r/skaro?
its Nilso
>>
>people don't understand oxygen

wtf
>>
>>82839244
Ok? Done.
>>
>>82839175
>not liking the tank scene
hola reddit
>>
>>82839327
justin, can you remove me as a mod on myspace?
its tom
>>
>>82839380
thank you senpai
>>
>>82839397
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? OR YOU ARE BAITING? WHY WOULD YOU LIKE TANK SCENE?
>>
>>82839281

Reapers. See Fathers Day.
>>
>>82839469
>Reapers
Not canon
>>
>>82839468
its one of the best capaldi scenes
>>
>>82839281
Because fuck you, that's why.

Seriously, though, they mumbled something about crossing their own timeline. But really it's because it's not supposed to be Groundhog Day (Or The Magicians)
>>
moffat, can you remove me as a mod from the secret trip imvu?
its cats
>>
>>82839530
cats can you remove me as a cats from the secret cats cats?
its cats
>>
could someone post the All Smiles pic pls
>>
russel, can you remove me as a doctor from doctor who
its christopher
>>
>>82839620
too soon
>>
mods, can you remove me as a general in /tv/?
its /who/
>>
Someone said Simm first shows up in Episode 10?

10 years and one day since he first showed up in Utopia.
>>
>>82831722
RTD's era has aged well. Tennant is the Tom Baker of NuWho. The thing is, it's not getting any better for Moff. The people who don't like his show now are never gonna like it -I.e, normies. Fans are divided, but they always will be, and critics are up his ass with praise. There won't be a normie re-evaluation in ten, twenty years time because normies aren't fans and don't obsess, and if there's a critical re-evaluation, it won't be kind.
>>
File: 10serious.png (297KB, 447x480px) Image search: [Google]
10serious.png
297KB, 447x480px
>>82839070
>>82838992
reeee stop kink shaming me
>>
mods, can you remove me as a programme on the BBC? it's Doctor who
>>
Gods, can you remove me? It's the Donnie
>>
may, can you remove me as a crown corporation in uk
its bbc
>>
>>82839469
But the reapers happened from Rose directly interfering with something that had already happened anyway right?

Maybe it's better I just don't think about it. He probably doesnt do it just to teach everyone a lesson
>>
>>82839175
Unpopular opinion: Everything with Missy in the first half is great. The scene where she explains her relationship with the Doctor to Clara is almost perfect. Her standoff with Clara leading to their uneasy alliance is also great. The grimness of whatever happened to Davros looming over all the hijinks while we're waiting for the plot to kick back in is a smart choice. In fact basically the only bad bit of the episode is when Clara tells her students what hashtag to use, which I think was the result of Moffat having a seizure.
>>
>>82839501

How does that work then? Are you trying to argue that all Davis' episodes are now now canon or just ones you don't like?

Oh, great oracle of Doctor Who canon, please tell me what is and isn't canon, seeing as you know better than the showrunners. Are the following still canon?

>Slitheen
>Rose/bad wolf
>ELO blowjob paving stone girl
>Weaping Angels
>Torchwood
>The Ood
>Dalek human hybrids
>>
>>82839175
It was so fucking convoluted, even by Doctor Who standards
>Doctor, it is I, the worst man in the universe! I feel bad about what I did, wanna be buddies?
>lel, sure, have some of my lifeforce
>haha, I tricked you, and now my Daleks are Time Lords!
>haha, I tricked you, and now your sewers are going to blow up!
>nooooooo!

Meanwhile, Clara can't think of literally anything that we know Daleks can say, like just saying her name over and over again, or even something like "Dalek Asylum." Because the episode won't work unless everyone is tossing around the idiot ball.
>>
Apparently Sacha Dhawan had two auditions for Thirteen, but he doesn't think he's got the part.
>>
>>82840120
If he ever did it, that would prove he could have saved Adric. Worse, it would prove that he could still save Adric.

So, unless you want Adric back, STFU.
>>
time will defo be kinder to rtd who in the long run. le edgy grey filter, paper thin characterisation, convoluted plots and ridiculous dialogue that is obviously built around trying to get the doctor to say ''''''''''witty'''''''''' '''''''''''quotable'''''''''' one liners can only age badly

series 5 will be respected and potentially series 10 but it's too early to say - still plenty of time for moff to go full moff and fuck it up
>>
>>82840249
>It was so fucking convoluted, even by Doctor Who standards
>writes a description that makes it sound fairly simple and straightforward
>>
File: 1471792114921.jpg (67KB, 700x460px) Image search: [Google]
1471792114921.jpg
67KB, 700x460px
Presented by your friends at /lbg/. Congratulations!
>>
>>82839917
>putting 4chan and tumblr lingo in the same sentence
>>
>>82840341
We're discussing Doctor Who. That means we automatically win gayest thread of the day every day.

Unless they start showing gay porn before the watershed, in which case we may occasionally come in second.
>>
>>82840310
>time will defo be kinder to rtd who in the long run.
This sounds like the opening to a post that has thoughtfully considered the differences between RTD and Moffat's eras and what it means to have longevity as television.
>le edgy grey filter
oh never mind
>>
Lee Ingleby and Sacha Dhawan have apparently both auditioned for 13.
>>
>>82839281
Once he's arrived he's a part of established history. That's established at the beginning of the series. If he goes back further and tries to prevent that situation from occurring, then he's crossed his own timeline, and then things get fucky.

Unless he fails altogether and causes a bootstrap paradox, which is apparently fine because his fucking around was part of established history. Still means he can't change it, though.
>>
Gomez might be under NDA about something, because she didn't answer a question about Missy showing up on Big Finish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6bik57/i_am_michelle_gomez_and_i_play_missy_queen_of/dhmv52t/
>>
>>82840401
kek

whether you like it or not, it dates it massively
>>
>>82840359
>putting 4chan and tumblr lingo in the same sentence

It's like a.... hybrid
>>
>>82840359
>the hybrid, a creature thought to be crossbred from two warrior races
>>
>>82840285
>>82840419
Any source on this whatsoever other than the diseased ramblings of Gallifrey Base?
>>
>>82840316
It's still this "I know you know I know" shit, which requires both of them to be massively out of character and hope the other one doesn't realize how out of character they are.
>>
File: 10disappointed.gif (508KB, 245x295px) Image search: [Google]
10disappointed.gif
508KB, 245x295px
>>82840456
oh for fuck sake, you beat me to the punchline
>>
File: lee ingleby.jpg (8KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
lee ingleby.jpg
8KB, 214x317px
>>82840464
No sir...
>>
>>82840460
Yeah, you're half girl half freak.
>>
>>82840464
>other than the diseased ramblings of Gallifrey Base?

Whatever this is, GB dont seem 2 be talking about it
>>
>>82840419
According to rumours I made up and didn't even bother to post on GB without a source, Russell Brand has apparently auditioned for 13.
>>
>>82840561
Check the 13th doctor threads, my man.
>>
>>82840120

No, specificaly it was a fixed point in time. You can fuck with time as much as you like and the Doctor frequently does creating new fixed moments like when he saves the family in Pompeii, if he didn't do that there would be no Frobisher in Torchwood Children of Earth (he was a decendent of theirs) so things would have panned out differently there. However, if you fuck with fixed moments then the reapers, and maybe even worse, will come to reset the timeine to what it should be.
>>
>>82837454
I'd be scared if this happened to me
>>
>>82840419
>Lee Ingleby and Sacha Dhawan have apparently both auditioned for 13.

So has Claire Sweeney.
>>
Ben Miller and Rob Brydon have apparently both auditioned for 13.
>>
File: captain jack.jpg (95KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
captain jack.jpg
95KB, 1200x800px
>introduce pansexual character
>have his on-screen scenes be exclusively homosexual

G
A G E N D A
Y
>>
>>82841051
Do you think he's into children too?
>>
>>82841010
>>82841035

Brian Blessed too.
>>
Eric Roberts and Eric Roberts have apparently both auditioned for 13.
>>
Reminder that Chris Eccleston basically played the Doctor in this in 2015 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034s31d
>>
THE DOCTOR IS DETECTED
>>
>>82841051
Chan! What are you on about? Tho!
>>
>>82841186
THE DOCTOR IS INFECTED
>>
>>82841136
Well that was...something.
>>
>>82841093
I've heard David Tennant has auditioned for the new doctor who
>>
>people don't like capaldo's I'M STILL BLIND

he literally did nothing wrong.
>>
Reminder that the next showrunner wrote "OOD ON THE LOO!!!" in Pond Life
>>
>>82841398
I want an Ood to eat out my anus.
>>
>>82841334
That would be pretty cool
He was good in Cassanova
>>
>>82841487
His blue contacts in Casanova make him look so weird.
>>
name a more iconic nu-who monster than the ood
>>
Guys is it still too late for Peter Capaldi to announce he's staying after all?
>>
>>82841604
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was bothered by them
>>
>>82841687
don't call them monsters, that's mean. What did the ood ever do to you?
>>
>>82841687
Nobody beats the weeping angels.
>>
>>82841845
They're shit though.
>>
>>82841687
The Beast

Midnight Monster

Vashta Nerada

>>82842000
t. Moffat
>>
>>82841687
the slitheen :^)
>>
>>82840249
The dalek retcon was retarded. Pretty sure at least one has told the Doctor "love" or "compassion" is a weakness. Oh, but apparently it's not in the dalek dictionary, despite them having total familiarity with the concept. Like, did Moffat think about it for more than ten seconds? It's not even a metaphor for anything.
>>
>>82842236
I'm guessing Moffat had just rewatched Genesis of the Daleks when he wrote this story.

>DAVROS: No, wait! Those men are scientists. They can help you. Let them live. Have pity!
>DALEK: Pity? I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. Exterminate!
>>
>>82842236
>Pretty sure at least one has told the Doctor "love" or "compassion" is a weakness. Oh, but apparently it's not in the dalek dictionary, despite them having total familiarity with the concept.
It was 'mercy' quite specifically.
>>
>>82841687
12th Doctor is the most iconic monster in NuWho.

A lot scarier than some helpful Ood that wants to be your slave.
>>
>>82842407
didn't a dalek beg River for 'mercy' in the s5 finale
>>
ladz how is children of earth so good when the rest of torchwood is so shit
>>
>>82842353
Doesn't one of the stupider NSA novels make a whole plot point out of "ohmigod the Daleks have learned the word pity so now they can take advantage of humans' pity"?
>>
>>82842459
11 didn't witness it.
>>
doctor poo
>>
>>82842926
more like doctor who
>>
>>82842960
whoa...
>>
Is there any story with the human-factor Daleks from Evil of the Daleks except that one short Izzy comic?

Because it seems like an obvious idea for a NuWho Dalek story: the Doctor has to save a colony of Daleks from humans, but first he has to realise they're human-factor Daleks and this isn't another Power replay like Victory.

It's not hard to imagine that a group of human-factor Daleks would either refuse to join the civil war at the end of Evil, or would decide to hide out from the rest of the universe after they thought they won that civil war, and then they'd continue to hide out playing with their model trains instead of participating in Davros's civil war, the various human-Dalek wars, and the Time War, and only be forced into fighting when a group of human colonists discovers them in the early 41st century or some other era right after one of the human-Dalek wars.
>>
doctor moo
>>
File: 7u7AMRm.jpg (784KB, 2840x1224px) Image search: [Google]
7u7AMRm.jpg
784KB, 2840x1224px
Reminder that the Doctor stole the Master's look twice
>>
>tfw boardies think we're not the worst fanbase
>>82841818
>>
>>82843781
We aren't though.
>>
>>82843781
Apart from a few cringey cosplays and Ian Levine what has Dr. Who even done?
>>
>>82843898
But we try.
>>
>>82843921
>Ian Levine
give me a quick rundown
>>
File: smashing.jpg (116KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
smashing.jpg
116KB, 620x413px
>>82843982
Probably 75% of this is true
http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Ian_Levine
>>
We're not all fans anyway.
I'm a cultural Whovian not a religious one. BBC staple handed down through the generations, hiding behind the sofa, "exterminate". We're broadly on the same side but in the end I'd push the fans out an airlock in an instant to save it for the kids.
I don't really give a Cyberman's fart about the canonical status of a left handed sonic screwdriver or whatever.
>>
>>82844101
I think the main thing that saves Doctor Who is the fact it has the grey area between being a casually appreciated cultural institution and being a horrible nerd obsession, neither side ever fully dominates.
>>
>>82843781
That's the third anti-doctor who thread today.
>>
>>82844058
How did RTD tell him to fuck off?
>>
File: redeemed.png (108KB, 655x206px) Image search: [Google]
redeemed.png
108KB, 655x206px
Holy fucking kek

BASED RTD
>>
>>82844218
He was being annoying at a press event, asking for all sorts of inside information despite not being a journalist in any sense. Should be a screencap at the bottom of the article somewhere.
>>
new thread
>>82844432
>>82844432
>>82844432
>>
>>82844333
FUCKING SAVAGE
>>
>>82844133
Yes you're right, very astute observation.
>>
>>82844444
Great numbers
>>
last of the /who/ lords
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.