[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

File: forceawakens.jpg (141KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
forceawakens.jpg
141KB, 1536x864px
Can someone explain this scene to normal functioning people? Do I have to watch all the episodes to understand or what.
>>
>>82826924
Yeah cause star wars is such underground nerd stuff xd.

They're both space wizards with laser swords what's to get its for children.
Also I try not to start with part 7 of a movie franchise
>>
>>82826924
they dislike each other

so they pick up their laserswords and bang them together for a bit.

then girl suddenley gets strong pushes him over then the earth breaks apart and so they can't fight anymore.

and they all lived happily ever after. the end...
>>
>>82826999
One's a wizard the other's a self insert by the production; Rey's a mary sue, an irreparably broken one.
>>
>>82826924
Mr Im too inmature to be a villain wants Mary Sue on the bad ones team, she is not interested
>>
Lanklets btfo
>>
>>82827024
You're not wrong but it's not like fantasy genre is devoid of Mary sues. Anakin was a Mary sue in the beginning.
It's also fair that kylo got shot and rey knew how to hit with a stick at least.I doubt kylo has even had a lot of sword training even with luke. I think the force suggestion scene was more bullshit.
Still cheap and rey doesn't have much charactet
>>
Why didn't they kill him off?
>>
>>82827175
He's the best thing about the movie
>>
>>82827195
Daisy is.
>>
File: 1494170528931.png (1MB, 1260x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1494170528931.png
1MB, 1260x1340px
A man who spend his entire life training and is one of the strongest people in the galaxy got beaten by a girl who's entire character is absolved of any sins, has no shortcomings, is liked by everyone she meets, and learns how to beat a Sith who's just sparring with her just by swinging a saber around for a while.

Be prepared for Star Wars 8 where we will learn that Rey had these powers all along, which will complete her character's Mary Sue status, which people will defend no doubt, but can't deny makes for uninteresting cinema.
>>
Woman fights back and kill the white patriarchal male.
>>
>>82827283
Oh and don't forget that Finn picked up the saber for a bit too and managed to throw out some stunts Luke didn't even have in the last movie, which basically reduces the very idea of ancient fighting styles and Jedi training for only the chosen few to something everyone can do as long as they own a lightsaber.
>>
>>82827159
>Anakin was a Mary sue

Anakin is the reason the franchise exists.
>>
>>82827283
There's two types of people in the world - those who understood the film set Kyle up to lose the fight against an untrained newbie by having him get a bolt through the chest, and total spergs.
>>
How come Kylo is so weak? I understand that he got shot but still.
>>
File: 6896805.png (165KB, 378x402px) Image search: [Google]
6896805.png
165KB, 378x402px
>>82827159
>Anakin was a Mary sue in the beginning.
>>
>>82826924
emo vader got shot in the chest and was bleeding, he then got into a saber fight with a Mary Sue.

Also since the force is someone one can be strong or weak in Rey could theoretically have an advantage despite little training, although scenes hint at her possibly have been trained as a child.

It was a meh movie, but 1000 times better than the train-wreck that was the shitquels and that upsets fags here under 20.
>>
He is just a failure.
>>
>>82827431
As I pointed out, it doesn't make for interesting cinema, just a lazy way to excuse yet another development in Rey's character.
>>
>>82827417
>>82827460
he was like 6 and was a expert engineer, racer, and pilot who could blow up a space station a fleet of trained pilots couldn't take out
>>82827378
turning it on and jamming it into a storm trooper is an ancient fighting style?
>>
>>82827417
>>82827460
Prove me wrong.
>>
File: the money brendan fraser.jpg (115KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the money brendan fraser.jpg
115KB, 798x1200px
>>82827283
Can prequelbabbies and eufags fucking LEAVE? It's not about power levels and muh training, Luke trained for about a week while Vader was a 40 year veteran but Luke still won in the end because he had conviction and faith.
>>
>>82827665
thats not even me

but seriously how is TPM anakin not one of the biggest mary sues ever?
>>
File: zYLyfVw.jpg (113KB, 1020x763px) Image search: [Google]
zYLyfVw.jpg
113KB, 1020x763px
Alright boys whip them out

ESB > ROTJ > ANH > R1 > ROTS > AOTC > TPM > TFA
>>
>>82827665

how can the widely known potentially most powerful force user in the galaxy be a mary sue?
he can't.
>>
>>82827417
No, "Anakin is the protagonist" is a retcon based on toy sales. Darth Vader is only in the original film for 12 minutes and the original trilogy makes no mention of the space Jesus prophecy
>>
>>82827283
>A man who spend his entire life training and is one of the strongest people in the galaxy, who loses all self-control and ability to focus in moments of emotional distress and who'd been recently shot in the back and injured by Chewbacca

ftfy
>>
>>82827702
rogue one way too high

IV>V>VI>III>VII>I>II>R1
>>
>>82827702
V>IV>VII>VI>RO>>>>>>>prequelshit
>>
>>82827159
Anakin was never a mary sue, I'm going to copy paste reality for you but Anakin was not at all, a mary sue. Reys' the only mary sue of the series.

>>82827378
Finn's a from birth trained soldier. Rey's a sand nigger with no training and didn't believe in the force until she was told it existed.
>>
>>82827729
because he was just fucking born with it and didn't have to work for it. you could say the same about rey

luke is the best protag
>>
>>82827785
IV>VI>V>lll>l>RO>ll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EU shit>>>>>>>>Shit Awakens.
>>
>>82827647
>What is the fight with Kylo Ren
>>82827752
>A man who also beats himself on severe wounds which actually makes it worse and can kill you

Bravo JJ
>>
File: 1494768826875.png (225KB, 317x283px) Image search: [Google]
1494768826875.png
225KB, 317x283px
the ruining of a great story.
you don't have to watch it to know.
>>
Star Wars fags are nerds.
>>
>>82827832
anakin was never a mary sue though, he believably engaged in everything he did. Rey's a mary sue.
>>
>>82827789
>Anakin was never a mary sue, I'm going to copy paste reality for you but Anakin was not at all, a mary sue

how isn't like I said before, he was like 6 and was a expert engineer, racer, and pilot who could blow up a space station a fleet of trained pilots couldn't take out
>>
>>82827845
you mean where finn waved it around a bit then got put into a coma?
>>
Anakin is definitely a mary sue in The Phantom Menace. Anyone arguing otherwise is simply wrong. Rey is also a mary sue. The prequels suck ass and Force Awakens sucks ass. This is not debatable by rational people who have more than five brain cells to rub together. Actually, about half of ROTJ sucks ass too, and is only saved by the weight of the preceding movies and the fact that in the 80s, Hollywood filmmakers actually understood screenwriting, pacing, the craft of filming character interactions in a way that would make you care about what was going on, and so on - all the arts that modern Hollywood has somehow lost. But the truth is that there are only 2.5 good Star Wars movies.
>>
>>82827955
You had me until you started cracking at ROTJ
>>
>>82827867
they both are. even in the star wars universe I don't think any little kid can be great at everything because he has an interest in it.
Also was he actively engaged in pilot naboo space ships and assaulting space stations?
>>
>>82827867
>accidentally blows up a space station while going WHOOPS UH OH AND YEEEEE HAW

Even Rey's miraculous flying of the Falcon is tense because she's crashing into things and is visibly terrified and struggling to keep the ship flying
>>
>>82827996
Don't get me wrong - ROTJ is about 100 times better than the prequels or TFA. But it's already the beginning of the end of SW as an inspired franchise. Second death star... toy sale ewoks... plan to attack Jabba's palace that makes no sense... bored Harrison Ford... etc. What saves it is the awesome Luke/Vader stuff, some heartwarming stuff with the ewoks, and the space battle.
>>
>>82827879
He was 9, and had been a slave for some time. His ability only ever managed to aide him in response time. And he had never finished a race and as a slave for a number of years, he only ever managed to put together a barely functioning droid. And the racer he put together was a heap of junk. The battle at the end he was taken by remote and used controls identical to his pod racer and avoided danger. He's not at all a mary sue. Rey hears about the force and can suddenly into all things force related. Everyone before her had to be taught, she, without ever being taught, uses every force ability on a whim. She's loved by everyone, can do anything, can speak any language is sent to find Luke even though she's a nobody who everyone just met. Yet she's chosen to find Luke, a nobody, a sand nigger who just walked in a day ago is sent on a mission that was vital to the survival of the resistance.
>>
>>82828111
Oh yeah, and I forgot... Leia being Luke's sister was completely unnecessary. It just makes the universe a smaller place for no reason. Everyone important is closely related! Ugh. Although really, Vader being Luke's dad was already problematic - it's a great idea, but it turns Obi-Wan from an awesome kind wizard to a weird lying sack of shit.
>>
>>82828051
They are not even. Anakin only ever used Prescience, believably the only ability Rey should have been able to use. Anakin used prescience to aide him in avoiding danger. Even with this ability Anakin always crashed and never finished a race. As we've seen, Pods tend to disintegrate around the driver, so Anakin survived every crash this way. Rey's using the force after literally just hearing about it.

The force is like playing basket ball, unless you're taught how to avoid dribbling or traveling, you'll do so every time. But to avoid it, you have to be taught what to do and what not to do and the techniques of these.

Rey's the mary sue, not Anakin.
>>
>>82828051

You just sound mad that 1 kid can be special because you aren't.
Plenty of examples of exceptional children today, ie Clock Boy.
I don't understand how you can't believe the master of the universe would be an extraordinary child.
That's how they found him. That's why they tested him.
>this kid is amazing, there is something going on here
Boom! Magic beans. Super wizard.
That's the point.
>>
File: 1473372620016.jpg (27KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
1473372620016.jpg
27KB, 551x551px
>>82828184
>this autist again
>>
>>82828205
He only ever managed Prescience though. Not Telepathy, Not Telekinesis, and the greatest crime of these is Rey pulling the saber from Ren, that was a disgrace of coherent film making and that was after we saw Finn Look up and see the Death star Destroying a solar system from several light years away. J.J.'s an awful story teller. Simply awful.
>>
>>82828224
>t. Disney cock sucker, again
>>
>>82827789
>Rey's a sand nigger with no training
She had her bo-staff, and knew how to defend herself. Honestly this scene is the least of my problems with TFA and I was pleasantly surprised that they weren't both doing back flips and stupid shit during this fight.
>>
>>82828205
my point is that the same could be said for rey.
sure anakin didn't use jedi mind tricks in try like she did but they are both OP space wizards who are given amazing powers just by being born.
you even said so yourself
>I don't understand how you can't believe the master of the universe would be an extraordinary child
so anakin totally earned being a master of the universe? Inherent master of the universe means mary sue
>>
>>82826924
Black Knight Wizard Apprentice with flaming sword trying to subdue the guttersnipe heroine in search of the missing good Master Wizard who has just found out she too can use magic. Black Knight Wizard Apoeentice would like to make her an apprentice of black magic, but she demonstrates that good magic is superior.
>>
>>82827692
Anakin's entire shtick in TPM is "what does this button do, wups!" and it never gets him in anymore trouble than he was already in. He jumps in a fighter with coordinates set inside a droid hangar, crash lands (safely) inside, turning around just enough to be aiming at the brain stem of the droid army. And then, if i'm not mistaken, he flies out of the hangar as its blowing up around him.
That being said he only has two exciting scenes in the movie iirc, and the rest of it is him standing/walking and listening to the grown ups.
>>
>>82828259
yeah because Fox and Lucasfilm are totally not soulless corporations as well?
they totally made the prequels out of artistic vision and no just to sell toys and video games.
>>
>>82828304
Defend herself against Who? Her defending herself against Jobbers does in no way equate her fighting a force master. Ren played with Finn and when Finn pissed him off, he jobbed him. Rey was beaten to a cliff and then he says, I can teach you the force and she unbelievably says, "The Force" and jobs him. What utter trash that was. She was irreparably broken in that moment.
And this was after she after two minutes of flying the Falcon, A Custom made freighter, flies it flawlessly in the innards of a dangerous obstacle course within minutes of flying it. She's irreparably broken.
>>
>>82828354
They're not space wizards. Owning a guitar doesn't make you Eddie Van Halen or Jimmy Page. Sure it puts you in a position to be as good as they are given time, but, unless you put time in to get good, having a guitar won't do shit for you.

George Lucas knew this, that is why he said Jedi are like Samurai, force use is like martial arts. You have to be taught how to and then practice incessantly to get good.

>>82828425
Good one Disney, cache me ousside.
>>
>>82827378
Finn's comrade demonstrated that his unit received melee weapons training. He's using that training against Kylo Ren, just how Rey tries to swing it like her staff at first.
Kylo toys with him until he receives a glancing blow, then immediately cuts him down in two seconds.

The problem I have with the scene is that Rey is supposedly letting the light side of the Force guide her to victory, but it actually is a carbon copy of Luke going berserk at Vader - which was him giving in to anger, fear and hate and thus the Dark Side (which zur novelisation for TFA acknowledged, at least). Palpatine's delight at this makes Luke realise what he's doing and stop immediately. Here, the only thing keeping her from finishing Ren off is the convenient chasm that suddenly separates them. Not the Jedi way at all.
>>
>>82828719
Which is why Rey's broken, she has no idea what the force is, least of all use it. J.J literally saw the OT and took bits from it, scene for scene. This is Super 8 all over again. J.J's a shit storyteller.
Rey had no business defeating Ren, who just jobbed Finn effortlessly after toying with him. She's broken and retarded.
>>
>>82826924
Just watch a couple Disney princess films. It follows the same narrative.

Just imagine a little anthropomorphic character telling her to believe in herself just before she closes her eyes and embraces the power for the force.
>>
>>82827702
V>IV>VI>II>III>I>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VII
>>
Could rey's liberal use of the force be a result of Luke guiding her theough it? IIRC she doesn't start using the force until after she comes in contact with the lightsaber, where she has a vision outlining her destiny. Perhaps at that moment she created a link with Luke Skywalker.
During the fight with kylo ren she seems hopeless, and is probably terrified of cutting off one of her own limbs, until she's reminded of the force and what it can be used for, and she becomea less mechanical and more fluid(?) with the saber.
It isn't impossible to think she was being led by Luke through the starkiller base, though its only another way of looking at the movie.

>>82828444
Sick digits
>>
>>82828769
Rey heard stories of the Force, she knew what the Jedi were, she just didn't have confirmation that it was real until she met Han and Maz.

Compare to Luke, who literally had never heard of the Force before yet was able to make the impossible Death Star shot, but that's okay because he's a boy.
>>
File: 1459310929066.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1459310929066.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>82829068
>Compare to Luke, who literally had never heard of the Force
>>
>>82828719
Uh rey just disables kylo ren, qhich is how he gets that sick scar on his face, and this is also after taking hits from chewie and finn respectively. Its got to be hard swinging a saber when your saber swinging arm has been burned at the deltoid.

>>82829068
Luke had very light guidance from Ol' Ben, I say light because Luke seemed kinda fed up with whatever he was being taught on the falcon. Afterward he recieves guidance again from kenobi's spirit as he's moving down the trench.
>>
>>82829267
Luke had never heard of the Force before Obi-wan told him about it, yet not even a day later he's a devout adherent, scolds Han for not believing in it and he makes the impossible shot on the death star.

Rey HAD heard of the Force and the Jedi, but passed it off as myth because she lived in the asshole of the galaxy. She put all those stories she had heard of Luke Skywalker and the Jedi Knights into practice once she had confirmation that the Force was real.
>>
it's a sword fight in a kids movie.
The good guy beat the bad guy. What's to understand?
>>
Yeah, you're forgetting Luke trained with fucking Yoda.
>>
>>82827731
Return of the Jedi refers to Anakin you dipshit
>>
>>82828304
>I went hunting a couple times so I'm pretty much on par with a Navy SEAL
Your argument
>>
>>82828304
>fighting with a staff and a sword is the same thing
>>
>>82829670
No it isn't and you can see in the fight that she has no idea what she is doing, shes telegraphing for the better part of the duel with long thrusts and retreating until she reaches the cliff, it isnt until the second half where she submits to the force and becomes more confient in her action.
>>
>>82829447
he was with yoda for maybe 3 days total, and most of the teachings were about philosophy and faith in the Force itself, it wasn't autistic prequel "training" where he had to swing around glowbats with his youngling buddies

besides the five seconds of using the lightsaber on the Falcon with obi wan, luke never received any lightsaber training yet he beats Vader in RotJ. WTF??? Mary Sue!
>>
>>82827702
Star Wars, then it's epilogue, The Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>82829377
nevermind that getting a lightsaber in the face doesn't typically result in a sick scar. The moment that thing touches your face, you don't have a face.
>>
>>82830002
Called the 'Luke Amputee' order
>>
>>82829068
Because hearing about guitarist enables me to play respect for the wind. Yeah, I read about blokes who could fly harriers, now I know, I can fly a Harrier as goon as any of them can.
>>
>>82830298
The Force is powered by spirit and belief, it being beyond the physical is literally the point

go watch the scene where Yoda lifts the X-wing out of the swamp, nigger, that wasn't just Yoda going "HAHAHA YOU HAVEN'T TRAINED AS HARD AS I HAVE GIT GUD SCRUB xD"
>>
>>82829829
Luke never had any saber training? OH, you missed the part when Obi Wan gave him a training laser droid? You missed the part where Empire took place years after A New Hope? So you think he kept that droid up his ass that entire time and never used it, not even once? Oh? You missed the part where he jobbed horribly against Vader in his first saber duel? OH? You missed the part where nearly two years later, and after completing his training because he was so attuned with the force he managed to make a green saber? OH? You missed that part where Luke, now a Jedi Knight, still jobbed against the emperor? Oh?

Did you miss that bit the beginning of Empire when Luke took five minutes to pull his saber out of the snow the first time he used force pull? Oh? Did you miss that part when Luke said, Ben, Help me. OH?

Of course you didn't. So how can you compare Luke to some smelly sand nigger who never once used the fucking force for anything, nor was she ever taught how to access it or use it, and was able to do master level abilities without any training or anything? How can you compare Luke, a constant jobber, to an unbelievably broken, Mary Sue!
>>
>>82830426
how can Luke just train with a lightsaber by himself, if it's such an impossibly difficult art?

it was Han's droid anyway, just some training remote lying around the ship.
>>
>>82830359
Fuck, you speed watchers makes me ill. I think you forgot the part where Yoda had Luke leaping and Jumping so as to ATTUNE him to the force so that he could himself, PULL the x-wing out of the water. You see numbnuts, Prescience is first taught, it's entry level you see, then you're taught how to funnel the force through your body to enhance your strength and dexterity, and then, you're to use that connection to channel the force to lift things instead of your arms. You missed that bit when Yoda Told Luke, "Let the force flow through you." Luke had to learn to let the force flow through his body and then he'd be able to make it flow with his MIND!

Stop defending the shit awakens, it's making the lot of you stupider every time you try to defend the irreparably broken, MaRey Sue.
>>
File: biggest autist on tee vee.jpg (47KB, 1306x184px) Image search: [Google]
biggest autist on tee vee.jpg
47KB, 1306x184px
>>82830530
>>
>>82830463
You dumb nigger! PRESCIENCE comes in two fold, it aides you in avoiding Danger, And It aides you in attacking. Luke used Prescience or Danger sense, to aide him in timing when, to pull the trigger and launch the homing missiles that blew up the death star. Anakin used it to avoid danger so it aided him in timing when to go left, or right or decrease yaw and so on. The younglings used when at the start of Clone Wars. Yoda was teaching them to trust the force's danger sense. Obi Wan used it when fighting Grievous' spinning blades.
But it appears that you forgot, LUKE JOBBED AGAINST a dark side user the first time he dueled, despite all the Prescience training he would have done. So admit it, Rey's a broken Mary Sue!
>>
>>82830596
Yes, and that post of yours some how validates Rey? Am I right?
>>
>>82830596
WTF I love MaRey sue now
>>
>>82830635
my point is that you're genuinely mentally ill and have a violent hatred of women that poisons your entire perception of the character

deny it all you want but the evidence is right there
>>
>>82826924
Sure.

Kylo ren was told by Snoke to bring her in for training. So mid battle he tries to convince her she needs training and in doing so implies explicitly he could teach her, or snoke could.

However Rey knows nothing of the dark side and when the Force is mentioned she channels it, the implication being that she's channeling the light, when its much more likely she's just channeling raw force (balance) and this new type of opponent throws off Kylo and she defeats him.

Its the first steps in discovering the balance of the force. The OT was the journey to discovering the light side. The PT was the journey to the dark side. The ST is finding the balance.

Anyhow, there you go anon.
>>
>>82830728
Oh you fucking child. A violent hatred of women? Where did I ever say that, you dumb nigger.
Rey's broken. Remember Long kiss Goodnight. Shane Black's master piece that was released twenty years ago, Starring Samuel Jackson and Gena Davis. Sam and Charlie, one's a creation of the other but nothing they did, no matter how improbable was at all unbelievable because one of them was a spy and an assassin trained by some of the deadliest killers around. Beatrix Kiddo, another profound Protagonist, trained by some of the deadliest killers out there. Mrs Smith, another trained bad ass Lara Croft, another trained bad ass. And how do we know this, She has a dojo along with several weapons and a killer robot that's programmed to kill her, and her house is laden with trinkets and treasures meaning she gets around, and she has all kinds of weapons. And she has professional martial artist attack her. So she's a fucking badass. Probably as much of a bad as as Beatrix and Sam/Charlie. Rey's some smelly ugly sand nigger who can into EVERYTHING she tries immediately after trying it. Admit it, she's broken.
>>
>>82830851
>>82830610
I don't know who you are, but I'm saving these golden paragraphs of weapons grade autism.

Continue your sperg against the anon.
>>
>>82827752

>flies the Falcon better than Han Solo...SHE FLIES THE FALCON BETTER THAN HAN SOLO AND FIXES IT BETTER TOO.

>knows the Jedi mind trick outta fucking nowhere.

>Finn goes to rescue her but she has already rescued herself because.. duh
>>
>>82830965
it's not at all intentionally. I wish I wasn't so harsh and bizarre. I wish I was like everyone else. When I type I'm frenetic and my mind's wheeling between thoughts and feelings and i'm angry, and irritated and dis interested, and unsatisfied and in a rush, and contemptible. It's a bit much. I mostly l listen to music and just ignore the world's there. but even that leaves me feeling frantic and manic.
>>
>>82831030
have you ever considered seeking treatment? I genuinely believe you're a danger to yourself or others, you sound unhinged as fuck.
>>
>>82831273
There's no viable treatment. It all involves drugs. Drugs have a way of making you worse. I control well enough. In life I don't say all that much and I don't do all that much. I keep to myself and when I have to suffer other people, my only recourse is it only last for so long and then i'm free to return to the comfort of isolation. i'm surrounded by family members and loved ones, I don't let them know how wrong wired I am. I give them snippets, if you will, but when i'm touched by anyone I don't like them to touch me.I'd shake your hand or touch your shoulder once a year or something. But that's it.

I'm fine though.
>>
File: download (36).jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
download (36).jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>Best pilot
>best fighter
>strongest force user
>100% self taught
>everybody loves her, wants her and would die for her
>instant surrogate daughter of people she has never met

Rey is the actual, literal embodiment of a Mary Sue. She is the suiest sue in the fucking universe. In fact the REAL Mary Sue looks at Rey and thinks to herself... "Where did I go wrong?..
>>
>>82830979
>>flies the Falcon better than Han Solo...SHE FLIES THE FALCON BETTER THAN HAN SOLO AND FIXES IT BETTER TOO.
Did you watch the original trilogy? Flying the Falcon better than Han Solo isn't an accomplishment, and repairing it better literally just means "repairing it, ever."

>>knows the Jedi mind trick outta fucking nowhere.
She learns it by having it demonstrated on her. That's a pretty reasonable way to learn a move.

>>Finn goes to rescue her but she has already rescued herself because.. duh
Because everyone knows if a main character isn't completely helpless they're the sueist of sues.
>>
>>82830979
>Finn goes to rescue her but she has already rescued herself because.. duh

Man I almost forgot about that shit. And here I was thinking about rewatching TFA. They actually wrote Finn as a dopey character to make her look better didn't they?
>>
>>82831677
>Did you watch the original trilogy? Flying the Falcon better than Han Solo isn't an accomplishment,
>and repairing it better literally just means "repairing it, ever."

That's the dumbest thing I Have ever heard. So watching some one fly a commercial aircraft validates you flying it in a dog fight on your first try?

>She learns it by having it demonstrated on her. That's a pretty reasonable way to learn a move.

Because watching someone play Chopin on a grand piano immediately makes you a grand player yourself.

>Because everyone knows if a main character isn't completely helpless they're the sueist of sues.

>Comparing the biggest jobbers in star wars, Luke and Anakin, to this horrible mary sue desert nigger.

cache me ousside, bish.

>>82831408
Too True, They're going all out defending this broken protagonist. It's insulting.

>>82831729
Every guy is incompetent in and around Rey. They've gone out of their way to make Rey the biggest mary sue of all time.
>>
>>82830530
>I think you forgot the part where Yoda had Luke leaping and Jumping so as to ATTUNE him to the force
Or he was wearing his body out so he had no choice but to rely on his spiritual strength. You know, the reason buddhist monks usually have exhausting physical exercise and practice asceticism.
>>
>>82826924

im no scientist, but im pretty sure the law of physics would say if shes using all her might to keep the top end of his saber from hitting her, he could easily tilt the bottom of the saber forward and easily impale her

they went to the trouble to add the stupid fucking meme sabers yet the logic goes out the window during every fight
>>
>>82827752
>a man whos been fighting a war against the resistance and is seen tanking a shot from chewies bow and then spent the last fight against finn twirling around and beating his ass. Apparently loses to a young girl self insert who just learned about the force that very same day and also was taught by luke how to both jedi mindtrick stormtroopers and fight sith apprentices sometime when she was under 10 and dropped off on a desert planet.

FTFY
>>
>>82831986
To be able to use the force you have to be taught how to access it and that involves Physically training with it. There's no way around that. Rey's broken, horribly broken. Terribly broken. Nothing you say can validate what she did. Because her mary sue wasn't even solely attached to force use. She's immediately loved and trusted by all. She literally walks in, and then she's given a mission. Luke was with Princess Leia and his childhood friend and fellow mate, Biggs, was there too, so Luke had more than one person validating his ability. In fact, he and Biggs laughed at the death star trench run because it was like chasing some animal back home in their speeders through grand canyons. Rey has none of this, but she's immediately accepted. And finding Luke was vital to the Resistance, so let's send that sand nigger we met yesterday, surely she's the best we have.
>>
>>82827752
THIS. It just isn't that hard. Kylo's whole arc in the movie was to start looking like a powerful badass Vader lite and have all of the mask and posturing steadily stripped from him until you could see what really lay beneath it: a fucked up dude. By the time he fights Rey, he's at rock bottom. That's the fucking point and that's why he loses.
>>
>>82831938
>That's the dumbest thing I Have ever heard. So watching some one fly a commercial aircraft validates you flying it in a dog fight on your first try?
Try responding to what I actually wrote, not what you wanted me to write.

>Because watching someone play Chopin on a grand piano immediately makes you a grand player yourself.
Yeah, she's no Chopin. She has to try three times to mind trick a stormtrooper, the poster children for easily-brainwashed movie villains. A better analogy is "because someone putting you in an arm-lock means you can fumblingly put someone with no martial arts training into an arm-lock." Which is why you won't use it, because it shows how full of crap you are.

>Comparing the biggest jobbers in star wars, Luke and Anakin, to this horrible mary sue desert nigger.
Not an argument.
>>
>>82833070
Kylo losing was good for Kylo's character but terrible for Rey's. Now Kylo is kind of a wild card and what they do with him can go in multiple different directions. Rey, however, has no tension. Nobody has a reason to care. That's why the only thing people discuss about her is whose swimmers created her.
>>
>>82828719
Actually a canon source suggested she's drawing on the dark. The official databank, I think.
>>
File: 2wUS2D5.png (233KB, 341x353px) Image search: [Google]
2wUS2D5.png
233KB, 341x353px
> This fucking thread again
Only autistic man children get triggered over what a female protagonist can and can not do in a self insert space fantasy adventure film designed to sell toys and other merchandise. Rey's strengths aren't what make her a Mary Sue, its everyone immediately liking her and her having almost no personality flaws

This is the same franchise where an 8 year old boy gets in a starfighter for the first time ever and accidentally saves the day while shouting >YYYIPPEEEE
>>
>>82828114
One is a tiny child with all of these abilities and one is 19 and used to doing all sorts of things to survive. Anakin is even less excusable.
>>
WHY DO WE HAVE THE SAME EXACT THREAD WITH THE SAME EXACT POSTS AND "DISCUSSION" EVERY SINGLE DAY?
>>
I swear to god she better not learn Obi-Wan's high ground technique
>>
>>82832003
Yes, he most certainly could. In fact, he did exactly that with Finn. However, he didn't want to do that to Rey. He didn't want to maim or kill Rey because he feels a connection to her and wants her to join him. It wasn't a mistake, he purposefully didn't use that move against Rey when he had just minutes before against Finn. Just like he didn't rip into her mind like he did in the interrogation with Poe.

Why does nobody pay attention to the movies they watch?
>>
>>82833352
I keep saying this but retards here are so insanely triggered by STRONK WOMEN that they can't buy it even in a series with space magic where a tiny green man kicks ass. They're so obsessed with their physical superiority to women that they can't even let it go in a sci fi series.
>>
>>82833516
Because female protagonist.
>>
>>82833581
I guess? It's more because his role is to eventually be further connected to her. It's the nature of their relationship.
>>
>>82833574
>physical superiority to women
these are people who need to stop to catch their breath and wipe sweat off their forehead after walking up a flight of stairs. daisy could quite literally kick their shit in.
>>
>>82827764
decent attempt, but
>VII>I
at least I had podracing and that music
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.