[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 years of mythology ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

Fucking RUINED

THIS film has systematically destroyed my life it's nothing compared to the original it's ruined everything!

David is now the creator of the alien it doesn't make sense it's ruined vast and expensive scope of space and made it all connected small and tiny!

Im literally done with this shit fool me once but twice fuck off! Killing off shaw??? We dont even see her in the movie!
>>
Dude xenomorphs are just some random lab experiment made by a crazy robot lol
>>
>>82824325
That is not what xenomorphs are!

They are supposed to be fear and horror incarnate! They remind you that there are things outside of our world that are fucking hell! All they are now is a lab experiment! Im speechless! Im fucking mortified as an alien fan! I considered the first 3 films perfect everything after that has been dogshit! Why?
>>
>>82824390

na they're just a lab experiment that's canon bro. a robot made them for shits and giggles. problem?
>>
>>82824445
No they are not!

He basically wanted to fuck around with arounds rather than making an actual alien film, the alien is now the androids and that is failure!

That is failure of narrative!
>>
>>82823153

Go here. Read the posts.
Contribute to the awfulness.
Make a big collage, spam it.
>>
>>82824515
>>82824266
Do you have some kind of assbergers??!!!!

NOT because of your opinions but the way you write!!!!

HONESTLY can't tell if shitposting! AWFUL
>>
>>82824266
>THIS film has systematically destroyed my life
Fucking crybaby fag. The film is shit but you have issues if you take it so seriously.
>>
>Alien
>mythology
Literally what. There's no fucking mythology in any of the four Alien movies. They're just monsters. There's no attempt to figure out where they come from. That's literally what Prometheus is.

If anything Prometheus created the mythology. It didn't kill the mythology, because there was no such thing in the first place. And I don't give a flying fuck about comic books, books or anything else.
>>
>>82825145
>Basically blank slate of mythology in a popular franchise.
>Can go anywhere.
>Tall Aryan develops super-bug to wipe out humanity and populate the universe with Ubermensch

10/10 never watch again.
>>
>>82825242
>Tall Aryan develops super-bug to wipe out humanity and populate the universe with Ubermensch

So does that mean there is an "off-switch?"
Sounds like they are in the works to figure out there is an available solution to the Alien problem.

Also, do the Engineers still exist or have they been wiped out by the time Sigourney shows up?
>>
>>82825242
I wholeheartedly agree.

Except I'm not entirely sure what you can do with big black monster bugs. I think the most interesting part of the Alien films is everything that goes on in the background.

I would have liked more of Weyland Yutani's corporate fuckery all over the universe.
>>
>>82825362
I think that after Prometheus they should have just gone back to square one, made a good ALIEN movie to really capture the old style then SLOWLY expand into the mythology.
Instead they fucking catapulted in to explaining away all the mystery of the origins of the xeno, raising questions that are just stupid in their place. They undermined the Prometheans and made them look like absolute BITCHES. The white-morphs are handsdown more dangerous and lethal then any Alien seen so far. They are more like war shock troopers instead of sinister hunters.
>>
>>82824390
Aliens was far from perfect, it was pretty shit desu. Take off your nostalgia goggles.
Alien3 was decent
>>
>>82826042
Aliens was a fucking great film. You wouldn't understand because you wre born only a few years ago. You dont udnerstand a great story with great characters because you've been drip fed fucking m,arvbel disney shit like the faget you are
>>
>>82824390
You are a faggot
>>
I don't like that they're doing an origins story for xenomophs.. they're much scarier as just mindless mysterious beasts that occasionally get found by space people. Take the mystery away and they lose part of their intensity
>>
>>82824266
just pretend it didn't happen
>>
>>82824266
Damn, you fags are so dramatic about the stuff you don't like i don't even want to read you praising what you do like. Also, you write like a 5th grader.
>>
File: charlie.jpg (29KB, 600x669px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
29KB, 600x669px
>>82826042
>Alien3 was decent
>>
>>82824390
I'm kinda angry too, but you type like a fucking queer
>>
>>82824266
>it's ruined vast and expensive scope of space and made it all connected small and tiny
Modern Hollywood in a nutshell
>>
>>82824683
He's just earnest, man
>>
>>82826042
This right here is the correct opinion.
Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens > ... all the other crap ...
This is NOT disputable by reasonable people.
>>
>reddit exclamation marks
>>
>>82824266
>>82824325
>>82824390
>>82824445
>>82824515
Nice samefagging there my dear millenial friend. Unfortunately, like the rest of your generation, you're a huge fucking retarded crybaby. Nobody gave a shit about "30 years of mythology" until it became a popular narrative.
Alien Covenant was great. Flawed for sure, but great overall.
I had a victorious smile on my face when all the engineers got genocided, not only because it was a beautiful scene, but also because I couldn't help but imagining the frothing legions of pseudo-intellectual Prometheus fanboys break typing out all of their tears on twitter or snapchat or whatever.
>>
You don't need the new stories to enjoy the first film.
>>
>>82824266
>30 years of fanfics ruined
ftfy

>implying anyone cares
stop being a headcanon crybaby
>>
>>82828528
>talking within contxt and having passion means your a queer, ok faget
>>
>>82824266
its so hard I want to kill myself bro
>>
>>82824266
>muh mythology

fuck you nerd.
>>
>>82830901
How am I a nerd? Do you not watch a film for it's narrative? If that film series had a specific narrative that set the ground work for a film premise and then 30 years later they change it how is that right?

I loved the philosophical ideas that came from the original concept. There's nothing there now. If it's all a by product of humanity then what's the fear of space?

Whatever call me a nerd I don't give a fuck bottom line is they've ruined mythology.
>>
>>82831158
You're ideas aren't wrong. We can just tell you're a total hilarious sperg.
>>
Whats the difference between the protomorph and the xenomorph? They both came from facehuggers right?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.