[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 22

File: alien-bonus25052560.jpg (29KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
alien-bonus25052560.jpg
29KB, 691x1024px
So this was pretty damn good. Far better than Prometheus and a step in the right direction.

I think it was a bit rushed though. Like it felt like it should have been two films. The exposition was lacking. To be honest I think it could have done without the xenomorph scenes altogether. Like maybe have just kept the chestburster as the final scene.

The neomorph scenes were pretty fucking good. All two of them.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>82823153
Should have been called Prometheus 2 Electric Boogaloo

It tried to go for character based horror but didn't commit all the way.. instead it relegated the aliens to minor annoyances.. and in a movie with aliens in the title, it's kind of a problem.

First kills on the lander were great, but the rest were forgettable.
>>
>>82823153
>Far better than Prometheus and a step in the right direction.

>The neomorph scenes were pretty fucking good.

prometheus, for its flaws, was at least different and introduced us something new.

AC is just alien vomit and neomorphs are basically uncreative recoloured xenomorphs. The movie was a waste of my time and money.
>>
>>82823401
>It tried to go for character based horror but didn't commit all the way.. instead it relegated the aliens to minor annoyances.. and in a movie with aliens in the title, it's kind of a problem.
>First kills on the lander were great, but the rest were forgettable.

I agree. The initial back/facebursters scene and then when the neomorphs attack in the grass was fucking awesome. The xenomorph at the end was just like brushed aside. Daniels achieved in about 5 minutes what it took the whole of Alien and Alien 3 to do.
>>
the movie didnt answer much and what it answered was very unsatisfying

it didnt help that everyone was retarded or emotional AF

daniels didnt get enough screen time to fully develop

and why the fuck do the neomorphs and xenomorph develop so fast when compared to the old movies, it makes no sense--they are more primitive versions in this movie, no?

>>82823482
>Daniels achieved in about 5 minutes what it took the whole of Alien and Alien 3 to do.

>missing the entire point of Alien and Alien 3

>what is atmospheric horror

you might as well have a character press a button to cheat code everything
>>
>>82823153
David is one-dimensional and a kind of shit character altogether with SO MANY UNEXPLAINED things happening around him

>What happened to Elizabeth
>Howd he find the planet
>WHY did he drop the pods
>HOW did he do any of the incredibly sophisticated gene-manipulation without proper lab equipment
>It took him less then ten years to develop the next evolutionary step in the morphs timeline. Fucking how. Whats his end game/goal
>Etc

And another thing. I was totally onboard with new-caps idea to explore the possible paradise planet that is four weeks away instead of the old colony that is 7 years away but when he got there and saw a fucking PLASMA STORM covering the entirety of the planet why in fucks name didnt he say "Welp, sorry gang time wasted lets get back in the pods"

His ship is a colony ship. His mission is "colonize shit, yo" and when he gets to a possibly habitable planet and discovers, nope, lol, it aint, he decides to land and NO one calls him on it?
>>
>>82823523
i think it was okay to have a look but they needed helmets/full hazard gear and the captain should not have gone down--a small team of 5 would have sufficed for their purposes
>>
>>82823523
>WHY did he drop the pods
>It took him less then ten years to develop the next evolutionary step in the morphs timeline. Fucking how. Whats his end game/goal

I thought that was pretty obvious. He sees himself as better than weak biological life. He has visions of himself as a god.

>I was totally onboard with new-caps idea to explore the possible paradise planet that is four weeks away

My only issue with that is that the crew were totally fucking unfazed about landing on an alien world with vegetation and life. Like it was routine business. No-one gave two fucks.
>>
>>82823523
More shit that was dumb is

>The black-morph thats the next step in killing-machine technology leaps in to a giant metal claw and begins head-butting it.

This bit is so stupid it deserves its own post.
>When the crew first arrive at the city, David says "Relax, its safe"
>Not even an hour later one of the crew has its head chewed off by a morph
>The captain discovers david TALKING to said morph next to dismembers lady corpse, Cap then shoots the fuck out of it (way to go cap!) and takes it down. David cries like a little bitch and clearly, clearly has more empathy for a walking death machine then a human.
>He then tells the captain to follow him and shows him his teenage girl stalker-esque room of xeno memorabilia and then gets the captain to follow him.
>Into what is clearly a dank dungeon.
>In what is clearly an evil lab.
>In the dungeon they find giant eggs.
>David walks past these eggs and stares awkwardly at the captain.
>Who hesitates to come in but does when David says "Relax,its safe."
>He then TOUCHES one of the eggs that has been made by the android living on its own in a ghost-city of corpses who has more empathy for a skinwalker looking mother fucker that can rip off heads with one bite then a human.
>The eggs fucking OPENS and the captain STICKS HIS HEAD IN THE OPENING

Are you kidding me? Why didnt he:
>A: Shoot David
>B: Shoot the eggs, THEN David:
>C:Moonwalk out of there and rally the crew
>Aaaand D: All of the above.
>>
>>82823652
Well I mean they were colonists right? Thats the goal in the end they all signed up for it.

The planet had a plasma storm covering the entire planet. THE ENTIRE PLANET. What!? Why! How! Why!
>>
>>82823726

Spoilers but dont worry cause its not that great, watch it at a friends
More dumb unexplained shit.
>The captains cryo pod sets him on fire.
>For no understandable reason.

>Daniels is against going off-course for what is clearly a better planet, four weeks away instead of seven years.
>When they get to the planet, its literally impossible to land on it using the colony ship. Which could have been discovered after like eight hours of watching a plasma storm get worse and worse. Instead they dive through in a landing craft with near 90% of active crew aboard.

>They land and head off.
>The caps lady-love splits off to do an ecological survey.
>She stops at a puddle of mud and says "This'll do" nigger WHAT? The other crew members even state "Theres no life!"and this bitch who goes off practically on her own to do an ecological survey doesnt notice this AND fills a bunch of vials with muddy water.

>They find the original prometheus ship and it is
>never
>mentioned
>again

>David is just dumb all around. Completely stupid. Psychotically stupid.

>The crew are up against monsters that can tail-whip peoples jaws off. The crew clearly have a group of seasoned guards/soldiers and none of these guards have the input of "Hey, lets stick the fuck together and not get picked off one at a time."

>Two baby white-turd xeno are enough to fucking curbstomp nearly the entire ground crew. Wiping out practically half of them in thirty minutes tops.

>Daniels takes out a big-daddy black xenomorph using a fucking giant metal claw used for construction purposes.

>One of the white morphs is unaccounted for at the end of the movie.
>How does David have complete control over mother?
>How does david have a fucking access code to take control of Mother when hes been missing for over ten years?

>why does no one notice that Walter, who has at this point been a front-line motherfucking BADASS, sits at a computer screen and meekly watches as the other two fight?
>>
>>82823153
>So this was pretty damn good.
Wew
pleb
>>
what the hell was the deal with James Franco? Why did they cast him and not even use him?

Goddamn fassbender rules though, might be my favorite working actor
>>
>>82823935
>The prometheans are super happy to see a ship returning in the flash-back.
>The literal gods of the Alien universe stop a working day to come and gawk at a ship they built themselves. Like they are stone-aged fuckwits.
>No Promethean technology whatsoever from in the city aside from the floating docking bay that serves no purpose beyond aesthetics.
>Speaking of that docking bay.
>Whered it go?
>Colony of technological gods has no defenses.
>Colony of technological gods has no ability to scan a ship they built themselves.
>Colony of technological gods get wiped out like a fucking moth in hell by a big, black tide of mould.
>Not a giant hulking army of xenomorphs like in AvP.
>Not a Queen and its Hive like in Alien.
>Floating, black, mould and a lot of it.
>This mould somehow, somewhy, turns into teensy itty bitty egg sacks that, when stepped on, fart a little bit of black powder in to the air in the VAIN hope that someone is stupid enough to stay near something that is so clearly poisonous.
>BBC ayy chestbursts as a fully-grown ayy, just miniature. It stands up straight on its first try.
>Then autistically raises its arm to imitate autist Dave
>It grows to be roughly seven feet fucking tall and shredded in the space of five. Minutes.
>Five.
>Damn
>Minutes
>And no trace of its growth at all. No shedded skin, just bamf im big now.
>>
File: 379.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
379.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
>movie goes downhill at light speed after the events on the lander
>where the fuck was basically any of the scenes in any of the trailers?
>david exterminates engineers for some reason?
>perfect organism crawls directly into fire and then jumps headfirst into a slow moving crane
>daniel's is a discount ripley with 0 likeable traits
>emergency alarm system on ship that's quieter than a running shower with loud music and has no visual queues either
>crew trusts david despite clearly suspicious circumstances

honourable mentions:

>"i'll do the fingering"
>"because you promised to build a log cabin on the lake"
>over 2 mins of daniel's grieving for a character who had 0 lines or screen time outside of a recording
>shower sex after many traumatic events and deaths

still an enjoyable watch tho.
>>
>>82824040
>>82824159
>More, James franco gets cast to play as the captain.
>is incinerated in minute three of the movie and promptly forgotten.
>We, the audience, are supposed to care at all about this apparent tragedy.
>Care for characters we dont know, or even remotely like yet. Movie tries to establish a backstory of daring rock-climbing romantics between Daniels and incino man. Who, gives, a, fuck.

>What the FUCK happened to Elizabeth.
>Seriously. Serious backstory there and its just not pursued at all.
>Trailers even straight up show that Elizabeth saves David, rebuilds him and he himself says it was the kindest thing any one ever did for him.
>Fucker does SOMETHING vague and horrible to her. Proving without doubt that hes not a deep, flawed character with terrible, relatable issues just a flawed, unfeeling monster with a god-complex. FUCK David fans.
>Walter complains about not being capable of creating anything, like music.
>Minute later, David shows him how to play a flute and Walter, previously being straight up programmed to be incapable of creation of anything fucking PLAYS THE FLUTE WITHOUT HELP AND MAKES HIS OWN TUNE
>Walter is shown to be capable of regrowth.
>Acts all badass and fucking slaps the ever-loving shit out of David.
>Is slamming davids head with a rock and pauses to let David have his melodramatic moment in the spotlight while Autist Dave grabs a knife.
>Which we know cant kill the android that literally grows its own skin.
>That fucking slapped an alien out of the sky like it was a bitch.
>And we are expected to believe that Walter, who had been winning up to that point.
>And currently has the major upper hand.
>Dies completely off-screen.

You know the more I think about it the more I hate this movie.
>>
>>82824248
Fucking THANK you.
Starts off so damn strong with the Ayys and the lander and the fear and the loathing and then its like the movie pivots halfway through from "Theres ayys and they are SCARY AS SHIT" to "So theres this guy named David and BOY, does he have issues!"
>>
>>82824397
David is furthering Weyland plans for profit. That's why he's doing what he's doing. That's why he played along on prometheus and is wanting all of the colonists undisturbed on covenant. He is going to breed and create the ultimate xeno so that Weyland can sell them to the predators for profit, we just haven't seen this deal take place on screen yet.
>>
File: IMG_1971.jpg (100KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1971.jpg
100KB, 1382x2048px
>>
>>82824651
Think about it, why else would be have ALL the access codes to covenant? Especially since he clearly identified himself to mother as David, not Walter.
This is a bigger ruse than we've ever seen
>>
>>82824651
No but his entire psychology and every word he says is dripping with narcissism. Im on board with the original Prometheus David being about bringing a specimen back to Weyland but Covenant David has gone FULL mad scientist, he has his own lab damn it. They even flashback to his first moments of awareness and hes already questioning his creator and acting like hes BETTER then the guy that made him. Within sixty seconds. Swear to god.
He finds the literal gods of the Universe and exterminates them, quoting some 18th century poet thats deep and meaningful if Davids actions had any kind of depth beyond a petulant tantrum.
He kisses his brother, which is himself.
Then he murders his brother and says he is disappointed in him.
He then forces Daniels to kiss him, simply because his brother, Walter, wanted to kiss her.
His behaviour is, certainly, that of an unfeeling, curious child. His actions and motives arent really unknowable, just dumb.
>>
>>82824791
>He then forces Daniels to kiss him, simply because his brother, Walter, wanted to kiss her.

Lies. David was just projecting onto Walter.
David wants to feel love, but can't.
>>
>>82824700
But thats crazy stupid!

Weyland Yutani has entire teams dedicated to studying the Ayys and Xenos in the originals, Resurrection has an entire damned military outpost built in deadspace solely for the containment and study of a hive.
So the big-twist is that David is working for Weyland-Yutani corp in the hopes of making the perfect biological weapon? A fucking deranged android? With a god-complex? Were all intelligent children suffocated at birth in the Alien Universe? Thats monumentally bad idea.
>>
>>82824829
Well hey fair enough that was just my opinion on why he got freaky about it.I just feel its an example of deep-seated narcissism. "My sibling wants this so I shall take it, not because I want it, but to deny them it." Is that sociopathy or narcissism?
>>
>>82824857
I figure this is just going to end up with WY getting informed, somehow, that David made the Xenos, kickstarting their ambitions to seize it as an asset.
>>
>>82824682
saved
>>
>>82824791
all of that mad shit is what loved about it.
>>
>>82824978
Yeah its okay I guess. Totally would have made a good theme in a separate movie.

I went to watch Alien, not Ubermensch Hearts Ayys. He was focused on way too heavily for a movie titled Alien. Should have been called Prometheus 2
>>
>>82825044
>Alien Covenant
>covenant
>is about deep seated religious fanaticism and God complex

I thought it fit well
>>
>>82825080
>Alien:Covenant
>Alien
>Is about a dumb child in a mans body
>Barely any actual tension
>Barely any buildup
>Action movie with a mad-scientist protag.

Its no longer Alien mate.
>>
>>82825159
Who cares, it's not like I'm a fan of aliens. I just went coz it was a good movie with my gf
And yup as a good movie it did not disappoint. Literally couldn't care less if it had alien attached to the name or not lol
>>
>>82823153
it's time.

is this, dare I say it, space kino?
>>
>>82825289
Well thats nice, glad you liked it. I went with the gf today as well.

>>82825305
No.
>>
>>82823726
Fucking this, man.

Honestly, i laughed at this movie more than i got spooped.
The first med bay scene and the carrier pickup scene with the xeno were pure slapstick kino.
Hurt my stomach trying not to burst out laughing
>>
>>82825452
Like that WHOLE time with the captain I was thinking "This is fucking darwinism at work."

Also "Herp derp xeno killed by construction machine" wasn't satisfying. At all.
>>
Reminder that , according to Ridley Scott, the reason the Engineers tried to wipe out humans 2000 years ago was because we killed one of them after he came back to earth; this engineer was Jesus of Nazareth.

FUCKING JEWS THEY RUIN EVERYTHING
>>
>>82825523
Wait fucking WHAT do you have a source for that?
>>
>>82825556

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/aliens-prometheus-angry-killed-space-jesus.html
>>
File: 1315626612356.jpg (51KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
1315626612356.jpg
51KB, 940x529px
>>82825520
I think something happened on the way to this planet that fried part of their brains.
Seriously, I didn't think I'd see nearly as much dumb shit as I did in Prometheus, but goddamn, they outdid themselves.

It was like they were competing with each other on how much collateral damage they could cause. Like watching people burn a house down to kill a fucking spider.

>hurf durf, perfect life-form jumps straight into the jaws of death

Also, for the ending kill, surely there was a smaller fucking airlock they could've blown it out of
>>
>>82824682
>Cum.
Fixed that.
>>
>>82825666
I can barely begin to touch on how dumb this is.
>Movie franchise about giant, black skinned bug monsters with a dick-tongue with teeth that have acid for blood and are basically the embodiment of everything we fear stalks us in the night.
>Lol lets take all that and just FILL it with non-sensical religious references and themes. That contribute genuinely nothing to the story beyond confusing plotlines and angsty characters.

On to the Jesus part.
>They send an emmissary who turns out to be Jesus.
>Meaning they are within range to do this.
>Meaning they are in orbit.
>In a ship.
>And all their ships have the black canisters full of black mould that literally strips planets bare of fleshy life.
>We kill their emissary. Thus causing them to hate us.
>Hate us so much that one rando engineer in Prometheus goes berserk and straight up tries to murder all the humans with his bare hands.
>But those guys in the ship.
>With the black canisters of doom.
>Who watched their mate get crucified

Nah they just left for reasons lol.
Im starting to hate this Ridley Scott guy for being pretty fucking godawful with his storylines.
>>
>>82825666
>One particular blogger has taken a fine-toothed comb to Prometheus, however, and come up with a surprisingly compelling theory
>compelling theory
Not proof from production. stop spreading this.
>>
>>82825706
>Ejecting things out of an airlock
>That gigantic.
>With that much atmosphere inside it that the force of it leaving rapidly is enough to rip a giant earth mover out of its socket.
>But the two humans can just hold on to something and be perfectly fine.
I thought we were past this in sci-fi.

Also, do you know why James Francos pod incinerated him? Didnt even incinerate him very well just toasted his outsides?
>>
>>82825862
You stopped too soon and didnt get to the part where Ridley Scott speaks.

>While that sounds like a joke, the idea is actually straight from the mouth of director Ridley Scott, taken from an interview with Movies.com. Here’s the excerpt in question:

Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

Ridley Scott: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.
>>
>>82825862

Next paragraph you mong:

>While that sounds like a joke, the idea is actually straight from the mouth of director Ridley Scott, taken from an interview withMovies.com. Here’s the excerpt in question:
>>
>>82825935
You're right I did. (FFS.)
>>
>>82825935
They thought about it and didnt do it

But they fucking thought about it.
>>
>>82825907
He had to be killed in someway, so they went with something over-dramatic I guess.
I think it would've been more impactful if he was suffocated or the pod stopped his heart or something.
Spontaneously combusting was just like, "umm ok, how the fuck did that happen?"

Still no idea why they had Franco in there for it.
Didn't even know he was in the movie until Daniels was watching that video.
Even then, I thought her boyfriend was the guy behind him lel
>>
If the alien eggs needed to ve cryogenized to survive, wouldn't they be dead because of David's body not being cold enough?
>>
>>82826070
I just mean. Its so out of place, completely random and totally unexplained.

Which fits in just find and dandy with the rest of the movie so there is that I suppose. If it turns out to be representative of hells fires and the crucible the rest of the crew are about to go to I wont touch another damn thing by any of the people that worked on this movie. Stop putting religious bullshit and allusions in my god damn sci-fi horror about bug monsters with acid blood.
>>
>yeah let's go out without helmets in this unexplored planet
>also lol let me get a good whiff of these weird mushrooms
>BIG FUCKING SURPRISE the lander gets destroyed

>follow a century old creepy android into this ruined temple with no doors or locks whatsoever where clearly a genocide has happened
>"are we safe here?" "yeah sure"

BONUS MENTIONS:

"I'll go wash my face"
"just don't go too far ok?"
"alright"
>Goes so far nobody can hear her scream

>oh shit looks like David actually killed Shaw?
>AND he's developing a perfect alien murder machine?
>better follow him and look inside this cool egg

to be honest I liked the flute scene
>>
>There's wheat here!
>Daniels - But who planted it?

Bitch what?
Do you think humans invented trees?
>>
>>82823401
>instead it relegated the aliens to minor annoyances..
>neomorphs kill 4 people just by being born, then run off for two minutes before coming back and killing two more people
>minor annoyance
Uh okay.
>>
>muh wheat
Do Engineers like their Earth wheat bread?

I mean it might make sense if it was from some past colony attempt the Engineers killed off after they landed.
>>
>Perfect organism
>Requires inferior disgusting humans to reproduce

>Obsessed with culture, music and art
>Perfect organism partakes in none of that.

Synth logic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA
where ar ethese scenes
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY
YOU FILMED ALL THIS SHIT FOR AN ENDING WITHOUT THAT FAGGOT MCBRIDE AND THEN YOU RESHOT IT SO HE COULD BE IN IT BECAUSE?????????????????????
WHERE IS ALL THE FOOTAGE FROM BEFORE THE SOLAR FLARE WHERE WE LEARN ABOUT THE CHARACTERS
YOU SHOWED A BUNCH IN THE TRAILERS WHERE THE FUCK IS IT REEEEEEEEEEEE
IF YOU RELEASE IT AS A DIRECTORS CUT I WILL ACTUALLY KILL YOU SCOTT THIS IS A DIRECT THREAT
>>
Is there a fan cut of Prometheus with the deleted scenes added in? I really feel there's a good film in there trying to get out, why the fuck does Scott refuse to do a director's cut.
What I've read of Covenant sounds like garbage story wise, I'll wait and see if anything extra is released.
>>
Why did they use the fucking awful transformation for fifield
they had a fucking model that was inhumanly tall and lanky and it looked kind of xeno-like and they fucking cut it for a stupid gay faggot fucking zombie man FUCK YOU RIDLEY
>>
>>82828064
The deleted Fifield model actually makes more sense if the endgame is the Xenomorphs.
>>
>>82828122
I mean we straight up see that the black goop turns things into xenomorph like beings and it's not a subtle change
a fucking earthworm becomes a several foot long vagina snake but a human just gets kind of bloated?
fuck that
additionally the cut fifield had the helmet melted onto his face so it looked more synthetic, I really fucking liked that
the one they used in the movie somehow has a broken helmet with sharp edges even though we can fucking see that it melted like kane's helmet in the original fucks SAKES
>>
How does the Prometheusverse handle evolution?

>Engineer blackgooed himself to create life on Earth
Like did he create simple cellular life or mammals/apes that we then evolved from or full on early humans right off the bat?

What would the fossil record show?
>>
>>82828213
scott doesn't fucking care
as long as it's haha religion so deep :DDDDD he doesn't bother with anytrhing fucking else GODDAMNTI
>>
File: nr4swVR.png (407KB, 1110x867px) Image search: [Google]
nr4swVR.png
407KB, 1110x867px
>/tv/ criticizes Aliens because "hurr it makes the aliens into dumb bugs" despite the fact that the aliens demonstrate intelligence multiple times
>Covenant relegates their origins to an android's science experiment and reveals that wasps, AN ACTUAL INSECT, played a role in their creation (pic related)
>"yea so this was pretty damn good"

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>82827977
>Ridley drops a new Alien mix tape? kewl.
>>
>Retarded humans create self-aware genocidal synths who are plotting to wipe their creators and other races out.
Fuck that shit
ENGINEERS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>82824893
JoJo reference?
>>
File: hmm.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
>>82828362
>Retarded engineers create retarded humans who create self-aware genocidal synths who are plotting to wipe their creators and other races out.
>>
>>82828362
>Retarded engineers create self-aware genocidal humans who are plotting to wipe their creators and other races out.
Fuck that shit
DAVID DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
File: 1493307824039.jpg (169KB, 986x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493307824039.jpg
169KB, 986x1280px
>>82823153
I don't hink it was amazing, but it was pretty fun imo designs were pretty nice, soundtrack was fucking awesome.

Alien>Aliens>Covenant>Alien3>Prometheus>Resurrection>AvP>AvP:R
>>
>>82826751
Modern wheat is pretty much a human invention, the original wild species were nothing like it until thousands of years of deliberate cultivation. I have no idea why an alien planet would have our wheat on it.
>>
>>82823153
>So this was pretty damn good
You gonna need better bait than this.

Believe it or not but Prometheus was better.
>>
>>82823153>>82828460

Alien>Aliens>>Alien3>Resurrection>Prometheus >Covenant>>>>AvP>AvP:R
>>
>>82828460

I agree. The silly bits of Covenant can be explained with a little bit more exposition. Unlike Prometheus where the silly bits cannot be fucking explained at all.

>Alien>Aliens>Covenant>Alien3>Prometheus>Resurrection>AvP>AvP:R

Seconded (although I wouldn't even bother putting the AvPs on there)
>>
>>82828460
Alien > Covenant > Prometheus > Alien 3 > Transformers > Aliens > Resurrection

The synthetics and Weyland are the best part of this franchise. Just make a movie called David already. Nobody cares about Xenomorps.
>>
>>82828460
>Replacing giger arm cables with muscle fibers

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>82828250
Aliens was dumb because it made them bugs in the sense that you can just swat them. Yeah, the Marines get fucked, but the fact that they in their infinite stupidity can even fight back with their weapons is dumb. Nothing is stupider than Ripley driving over a Xenomorph. Well, maybe Cameron's dialogue. Luckily Aliens has enough of his bad direction AND writing.

Enjoy your action movie, brainlet.
>>
Whats the difference between the protomorph and the xenomorph? They both came from facehuggers right?
>>
>>82828460
>covenant and 3 being better than prometheus.

Le Normie Pleb, this is NOT reddit.
>>
>>82828475
>I have no idea why an alien planet would have our wheat on it.

It's implied that the Engineers introduced wheat to Earth (or vica versa)
>>
>>82828831
>with a little bit more exposition
the whole fucking movie it's an exposition fest already, and has the same problems as fucking prometheus. How is it better?
>>
>>82823153
I agree. I was quite pleased walking out of the theater.
Neos and Xenos are TANKY now. One of the worst things about Aliens was how it reduced this mighty killer to a weak swarm thing. Ridley restored them to glory.

David being the creator of the Xenos actually makes sense, given what we see regarding his model basically having a tendency to go batshit, and it makes sense that something that requires a human host was specifically designed for attacking humans.

Of course, the characters are a bit dumb at times, and the growth rate of the Neos/Xenos is crazy, but Alien has never been about pure realism. The core essence of Alien is a nightmarish monster figuratively raping humans.
>>
>>82829107

Exposition is the wrong word. What the fuck is the word I'm thinking of? When you dwell more to create atmosphere or get to know characters
>>
What the fuck were they thinking removing half of this shit?
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_deleted_scenes
>>
>>82828831
I know AvP sucks, but it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, plus, it actually spawned some pretty cool action figures (part time /toy/ here).
>>82828888
I do love the Synthetics, they are always a high point in the films, it's just that i like it better when there also is Xeno action involved.
>>82829074
You're right, Prometheus should probably come before Alien 3 and AFTER Covenant. :^)
>>82829154
>Neos and Xenos are TANKY now. One of the worst things about Aliens was how it reduced this mighty killer to a weak swarm thing.
That's one of the things i like about Covenant and dislike about Aliens, i always thought they shouldn't take as much damage as they do in Aliens (and Resurrection, and AvP too, but those dont count that much for me anyway)
>>
File: noooooo.gif (2MB, 125x102px) Image search: [Google]
noooooo.gif
2MB, 125x102px
Stop shilling this movie, it's utter shit
>>
>>82829528
>Stop liking what i don't like
>>
>>82829212
>Skin

>Millburn inspects the skin.
This scene picks up with Millburn and Fifield in a tunnel after they have left the other group. They discover a shed skin on the ground which Millburn picks up. Presumably, this is the skin from a Hammerpede. The scene is on the DVD/Blu-ray.
I swear this is in the version I saw in the movies
what to fugue

>Final Battle
yeah that explains a lot
remember when she was standing there with her axe ready to defend herself then she's just suddenly fucking lacking any weapons and flying across the room
really nice editing there scott
>>
>>82829644
The whole bit with the non-violent unmutated worm explains a shit load of stuff.
>>
Covenant made the mess that is Prometheus actually look better. For fucks sake David's Xeno grew full size by the time they went to look for the captain, what does that thing grow on ? The magic power of the script ?
>>
>>82829593
>shut up and let me continue eating this trash! mmm ummm ughhh
>>
>>82829212
Quite baffling; regrettable editing and cutting decisions.
>>
>>82829726
>shut up and let me continue whining like a faggot! bua buaaa mommyy.
>>
>>82829680
It really fucking does
It's not like there were no scenes that could be cut to make room for it
maybe like the fucking useless scenes where david reads shaws dreams somehow or the ones where halloway acts like a dick to everyone ever and is a turbochad retard fuck I HATE HIM
>>
>>82828460
>those hands
wtf where are the fused fingers and extra thumbs?
>>
>>82823153
shill
>>
>>82829876
i don't think that's a thing on these xenos, still, that's a toy, we should proabaly check the actual xeno on the film.
>>
>>82828460
I'm still in the zone after recently having watched the movies, but I think I might rank Covenant over Aliens.
>>
>>82830010

The general consensus appears to be that Covenant is the third favourite. Ranking behind Alien and Aliens.
>>
>>82829644
>>82829680
>>82829874
Is this an extended version or something? Will look for it.
>>
>>82824248
>shower sex

And interracial. Because it's 2017!
>>
>>82829154
Except you know, it further compacts the universe and makes it even more human-centric.
A far cry from the cold, nihilistic and lonely universe of ALIEN - Alien 3

>Space Jockey?
Nah, just an ancient human genus.

>The Titular ALIEN?
Nah, it ain't even "alien" - it's a creation of a batshit manmade toaster.

Alien had borderline lovecraftian vibes, Covenant might as well be another Terminator sequel, where a batshit AI decides to off its makers...
>>
>>82823935
If air was 90+% breathable why didn't they use equipment? srly, fucking retarded scientists
Why the captain didn't shoot David once he realized he was evil? why did he went with him to the nest? why did he approach the eggs?
Why mother didn't inform of the THREE live forms and only one?
How mother can't diferenciate David from Walter? my computer can differenciate my external HDD even though they look the same, same with my router and my cellphones

Srly, this is like The Passengers, lots of plot holes and plot contrivances. Can't believe this was worse than Prometheus
>>
>>82829407
>AFTER Covenant. :^)
After Covenant its not even better than Alien 3. Because it has it's same mistakes.
>>
>>82830388
Deleted scenes from the bluray. There must be a fan edit with all of them.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/prometheus/deleted-scenes/
>>
>>82823935
>>82824159
>>82824397
I bet you're real fun at parties
>>
I avoided getting spoiled and watching the trailers and is still So.Fucking.Predictable

I saw the Walter gets stabbed by a flute the moment I saw the flute.
I saw hwo they killed the Alien the moment the girl went to the cargo room int he first 10 minutes of the movie.
I saw that the drop ship was going to go kaboom the moment they fucking zoomed the explosives (not hard of course but it was a dumb move by the director)
I saw the it's not Walter is David, the moment David appeared in the movie
>>
>>82830565
But Covenant didn't had to release an extended version to explain where half of the characters went, it's much better eddited. Hell, even the extended version of ALien 3 has problems, it replaces the Dog gruesome death with that Ox scene in which the damn thing is already dead, all the dramatic vibe from the pain of labor is out of the equation.
>>
>>82823523
>David is a one-dimensional character

Trash opinion, David is one of the most interesting characters in modern cinema
>>
>>82829765

whoever edited Prometheus shall never touch an editing board ever again
I've seen some botched edits before, but goddamn, this is something almost near the level of Alien 3 theatrical version editing, which kinda makes Prometheus' unedited cut more appreciable, unlike the mess we got
>>
>Two fucking alien creatures are hunting us...I know, lets separate, I want to take a bath and clean myself
>Sure
Also
>You created this things, you killed the old crew and all these people, but Ill trust you and enter in this room full of alien eggs and put my face inside one of the...damn, you tricked me, you're so smart
>>
>>82830887

I cringed so damn hard in the Captain-gets-facehugged scene, it physically hurt me. I just didn't cared about anyone in this movie, they were getting swatted like flies and no one gave two fucks

Scott's gone full retard, completely senile
>>
>>82830485
>A far cry from the cold, nihilistic and lonely universe of ALIEN - Alien 3
>nihilistic
I've already got warning signs here I might be dealing with a pseud, but I'll bite.
>Nah, just an ancient human genus.
Blame Prometheus for introducing the whole Ancient Aliens bullshit. In the end, it's actually really fucking impressive how they make it not suck, when by rights it should have been so much worse.
>Nah, it ain't even "alien" - it's a creation of a batshit manmade toaster.

Get a fucking grip. It uses a HUMAN host. Stop crying because it doesn't fit with your headcanon, my friend.

>Alien had borderline lovecraftian vibes
>lovecraftian
Definitely a pseud, probably millenial too. Maybe you could expand a bit on these "Lovecraftian" vibes, buddy.

Also, FYI, Lovecraft did the whole "our creation went crazy and killed us" back in the 30s, but of course you'd know that if you'd read Lovecraft.
>>
>Two identical robots fight each other
>One is good, the other is bad
>Can't tell apart one from other
>Only one comes out and we didn't see the outcome of the battle
>"Yeah, we totally trust you're the good one"
Goddamnit
>>
>>82823521
they develop faster but are weaker, makes sense to me
>>
>>82830887
Unironically everyone in the cinema was audibly groaning during that scene
I could feel the seething hatred for the director through the whole scene, I think someone would have actually spoken out against it if it wasn't for Fassbender being really quite fun as a gay murderer
>>
>>82831027
Worse
>Walter autorepairs himself and cures cuts instantly because new model
>David doesn't
>The one who survived the fight has cuts
Shoot him on sight
>>
>>82823405
You, sir, do not deserve xenokino. Go back to your Fast & Furious and cold Annabelle jism.

T. Didley Scwot
>>
>>82824700
>David was behind the bonus situation all along
dubs confirm david as the ultimate economic mastermind
>>
>>82830388
There's a fan edit
>>
So is Elizabeth Shaw's fate completely ignored and glossed over? I thought Noomi was confirmed to be in the movie? I figured it would just be a brief cameo at best, but it sounds like she's not even in the movie at all.
>>
I just came back from the cinema, what I don't get is;

The Engineers greet a long lost biologically armed ship with no suspicion or any vigilance. Imagine a missing fully armed nuclear submarine turning up at New York City one day, it wouldn't happen because it would be destroyed because the military are not mindnumbingly stupid

Still decent, I just wonder how the ending leads to Alien, if David is responsible for the creation of the eggs then how do they wind up on the crashed ship? Is there going to be another prequel film eventually?
>>
>arrive on un mapped planet
>just stare at a weird little cloud of black spores that form and move through the air, even chuckle at it. Don't even mention it.
>straight up touch an unknown plant
>the entire escape shuttle scene
>just walk off to clean your wounds, something you could of done with the group
>everyone splits up inside davids domain
>walk towards unknown fleshy sacks at the encouragement of a sinister fucking synthetic
>>
>>82831342
Is there a specific fan edit that just adds the deleted scenes without getting too creative with it and changing the whole movie?
>>
File: 1492806482572.jpg (51KB, 673x739px) Image search: [Google]
1492806482572.jpg
51KB, 673x739px
>>82831454
>because the military are not mindnumbingly stupid
but yes it's retarded that they would just let it dock like that
where did the fucking docking question mark go
it was there in the flashback WHERE DID IT GO THERES NO WRECKAGE OR ANYTHIGN SO IT CLEARLY DIDNT FALL DOWN AND THE PIT IS TOO SMALL FOR IT TO FIT IN
>>
>>82831404
She's a corpse dissected on a table in Davids cave thing.
>>
>>82831454
>Is there going to be another prequel film eventually?

Scott has already confirmed he has at least one, potentially two movies planned that will further connect Prometheus and the original film, provided Covenant is a success.
>>
WHY THE FUCK DID THE CAPTAIN TRUST DAVID IN THOSE CAVES???? FUCKING WHYYY?? FAITH MY ASSHOLE. That was the stupidest goddamn thing.
>>
You know what's better than idiotic characters? Characters that think logically and do the right thing but shit still goes wrong somehow and both sides are worthy adversary's. That's a character you can root for.
>>
>>82831404

She plays a corpse with her womb ripped out.
>>
>>82831481
Agent 9
>>
>>82831649
You know what I was hoping for
For David to not be retarded
I was expecting it to be like, he experiments on shaw to try and let her have a child because he loves her and he's also broken and fucking stupid
So he makes her an alien baby that kills her or something
And then he tries to raise the alien baby and it could have been fucking fun or something
ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT WE GOT REEEEEEEE
>>
>>82831720
there is one torrent and it's dead, is there a mega link to download it or something?
>>
>James Franco is ill, says he's burning up
>Dies in flames in the first 5 minutes

BRAVO RIDLEY
>>
>>82824248

>"i'll do the fingering"

Why, why did they have to include that line? The cinema I was in was packed, everybody laughed and I got second hand embarrassment from it.
>>
>>82831614
Not really trying to excuse the scene but by that point it's well established that he's an incompetent, drooling retard.
>>
>They aren't even a little bit amused at the FUCKING ALIEN CIVILIZATION IN FRONT OF YOU
>>
After reading the thread I feel stupid for not seeing the twist at the end.

Also how did the second chestburster come out? The second facehugger was pulled off before it could successfully plant the embryo, which to my understanding takes a fair bit to do.
I mean never mind how bullshit pulling the facehugger off was to begin with.
>>
>>82832484
It woz David wot dun it
>>
>>82832484
I think the implication is that david infected the security guy
What really confuses me is why MOTHER doesn't do fucking anything about the fact that david did that
it's not like she wouldn't know she has cameras and microphones everywhere for FUCKS SAKES
also reminder that in the medbay you can see a dead lady but the only two women on the ship are daniels and the other cunt that dies in the shower
also why didn't mother just fucking turn up the volume on the alarm and where were the flashing lights AND WHY WASNT IT THIS ALARM INSTEADOF A LAZY BORING ONE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-K8qP1m_s4
>>
>>82832484
>The second facehugger was pulled off before it could successfully plant the embryo
When you see the facehugger after they pulled it off it has the hole tube extended, that means it went direct to the dude's chest, srly, how did you miss that? they zoomed on it
>>
>>82832575
Why mother only informed about one alie life form when there were three?
Why mother didn't inform about a different synthetic being int he ship?
This movie makes no sense, its full of plot contrivances to reach the desired result.
>>
>>82832575
It's possible MUTHUR was in cahoots with David much in the same way that it was with Ash in the original.
>>
>>82832578
I saw the tube, I just thought it took a while to do so because it stays there for a while.
>>
>>82832647
Why even inform about the alien then? they were going to go to sleeping pods and the same would happen, makes no sense.
>>
>>82832631
>when there were three
eurgh what
did I miss something or do you mean the facehugger babies david swallowed?
>>82832647
I guess kinda maybe
I can't remember, at the end when he's going into the storage area, does he use walters code or his own? If it was his own then sure, but if he used walters then there's no excuse since mother would still think he's walter and all the shit he pulled is a nogo
>>
>>82832359
>They aren't even a little bit amused at the FUCKING ALIEN CIVILIZATION IN FRONT OF YOU

This triggered me the most out of anything else in the film
>>
>>82832722
The code was his own
>>
>>82832784
Well I guess he could have subverted mother then
doesn't make much sense for her to have alerted them to the situation in the medical bay then though
>>
>>82832722
He specifically used his own. Weyland-Yutani definitely seem to be involved.
>>
If Covenant is going to be this shit, I'm fucking terrified of the new Blade Runner.
>>
>>82833004

Covenant is actually quite good, so I wouldn't be hugely concerned.
>>
File: covenant-12-.jpg (117KB, 822x764px) Image search: [Google]
covenant-12-.jpg
117KB, 822x764px
>>82829876
they have the extra finger, it's just hard to see in that pic
>>
Just saw it myself
>Dude David made the xenos!!
only lore gripe and it was the biggest

The smile David gives when he's pretending to be Walter, just as he watches his xeno die
Why did he smile? None of the characters were there to see him so he literally just smiled for the audience. Other than that Fassbender did a top job, I'd be more likely to blame that on Ridley.

Liked how disgusting the final shot was, David is becoming fucking Mengele
>>
>>82830993
>calls others pseudos
>no ACTSHUALLY I know more about Lovecraft
You sound insufferable
>>
>>82823153
Just tell me it's a 'solid 7/10', get paid, and be done with it.
Cut out the bullshit, shill.
>>
>>82829024
Say the guy that like the most brainless alien of the franchise, the movie made by an old retard who want to make a movie about the creation of life who was supposed to make a sequel of prometheus but put the alien because it pleased manchild
Ridley scott thinks he make a intelligent movie but at the same time alway explain three times the fucking plot because the spectator are too dumb, like the shitty ending when daniel say david, what a suprise it was david all along. At least aliens didn't take the spectator for a retarded but what do you know some people like being treated like a child, they like they are intelligent in the end.
>>
>>82832056
Did they clapped too
>>
Why was there wheat? Did the engineers cultivate it and give it to humanity? Why was it never mentioned again?

How did David style his hair exactly like Walter's using just a pair of scissors? Why did nobody check if it was actually Walters in the end?

Why did David kill all the organic life on the planet before setting up a beacon to lure more organic life so he could experiment on them? Why not just use the engineers on the planet?

Why were all the engineers on the planet conveniently located on one spot so David could kill them all at once?

How did Shaw make David a new synthetic body? Why did David go to such lengths to fake a grave for Shaw if he is going to leave her corpse out with his H.R Geiger fanart for everyone to discover?

If David created the Xenomorphs then how did they get on an engineer ship that was abandoned long enough for the pilot to fossilize?

Why is everyone so fucking stupid? Who inhales strange alien spores and then passes it off like no big deal?

What was the deal with the back bursters? Why did the captain trust David to go down to his creepy egg dungeon and get murdered?

Why did the alien come out nearly full sized? Could they think of no other way of getting another Alien quickly?

Why do they care so much about the colonists and then jettison all the terraforming equipment out of the back door?

Why did Ridley Scott feel comfortable putting his name on this dumpster fire?
>>
>>82835808
>long enough for the pilot to fossilize?

No one did any tests. All we have is some dipshit's word that it looks that way.
>>
>>82835808

At least the score was excellent.
>>
>>82835882
Half of the score was taken from the first Alien movie, the other half was tonally inconsistent with
the shit that was happening on the screen.
>>
>>82834435
>no fused fingers
>exposed muscle fibers rather than an exoskeleton and vascular tubing
>no spinal protrusion coming out of itf back
>elongated dorsal tubes
>clavicle crests aren't attached to the body
>extra thin rat like tail
>no visible tail barb/blade
is this a chinese xenomorph rip off?
>>
>>82835808
How did Mr Wheat get impregnated with an egg when the facehugger wasn't on his face long enough?

How come they don't want to shoot the alien because the acid would eat through the hull when it barely makes a dent in Mr Wheat's face?

Why does James Franco get the Police Squad special guest star treatment?

Why did those two people run off to have sex in a shower after half of their crew has been murdered?

Why did nobody cotton on that David was mental until it was way too late?

Why was David's hair growing anyway? After 10 years it should be longer than just past his ears, if not they why would you make an android who had really slow growing hair?

Who shoots a gun in an area where shit is likely to explode?

Did David want to bang Walter? What was the point of the flute scene?
>>
>>82836226
>How did Mr Wheat get impregnated with an egg when the facehugger wasn't on his face long enough?

It's never stated that it takes that long to impregnate a person. It could impregnate in the first second and the continued latching on is a safety mechanism for the fetus
>>
>>82835808
Is this the script for the next half in the bag?
>>
>>82836322
A tube literally goes down the throat to implant it in the stomach. They pulled that thing off of his face as is.
>>
>>82836226
>Why was David's hair growing anyway? After 10 years it should be longer than just past his ears, if not they why would you make an android who had really slow growing hair?

Who's to say he didn't just cut it occasionally?

>Who shoots a gun in an area where shit is likely to explode?

Someone being chased by a terrifying alien creature that is trying to kill them. You wouldn't be thinking straight, plus she was a woman.

>Did David want to bang Walter? What was the point of the flute scene?

David saw Walter as his brother, another him. He wanted to teach Walter how to create and dream like he does, but upon realizing Walter cannot create he is unhappy: "I am disappointed in you brother". David sees himself as a God from then on, already perceiving himself as above biological life - he now also sees himself above even other androids. That is why he is so surprised when Walter attacks him at the end. A person he had placed below him had the insolence to attack him: God.
>>
>Superadvanced Engineers only live in a single planet, in a small area of that planet the size of a small town/village
>>
>>82836527
You forgot the part when he kissed him

I was only joking when I said they should kiss, but apparently Scott was cool with putting it in the movie.

>David saw Walter as his brother, another him. He wanted to teach Walter how to create and dream like he does, but upon realizing Walter cannot create he is unhappy: "I am disappointed in you brother". David sees himself as a God from then on, already perceiving himself as above biological life - he now also sees himself above even other androids. That is why he is so surprised when Walter attacks him at the end. A person he had placed below him had the insolence to attack him: God.

Then why add the "I'll do the fingering" when you know people are going to laugh?
>>
So Walter seems to able to regenerate wounds almost instantly, why the rest of the crew thought David (wounded face) was Walter?
>>
>>82836226

P L E B
>>
>>82836929
Nobody paid attention to him cos he's a fucking robot
>>
because MUH WHEAT, fingering and gaping plotholes are the height of kino
>>
File: alien.jpg (14KB, 348x490px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
14KB, 348x490px
Is it worth a watch if I want to see a solid horror flick
>>
What will RedLetterMedia say about it do you think?
>>
I heard lots of the good deaths are mostly offscreen, apart from ones like the backburster that are literally in the trailer, y/n?
>>
>>82837166

Watch it with the lights off alone
>>
>>82837166
It's not scary it's fucking hilarious

>>82837190
Pretty much all on screen deaths are in the trailer though there is a neat one where a neomorph smacks a dudes jaw off with its tail
>>
>>82837190
>I heard lots of the good deaths are mostly offscreen, apart from ones like the backburster that are literally in the trailer, y/n?

I think there's only two deaths off screen from what I remember. The rest are pretty fucking brutal
>>
>>82837270
is it fun at least?
>>
File: areyououtofyourfuckingmidanon.jpg (54KB, 758x616px) Image search: [Google]
areyououtofyourfuckingmidanon.jpg
54KB, 758x616px
>>82823153

>Far better than Prometheus and a step in the right direction.

People like you are the reason for all of the shite Alien sequels
>>
>>82836753
Maybe it was just the classic 'gays are weird lol' Hollywood trope of creating unease within the audience. Alien has always had that element of sexual perversion to it, perhaps Scott was just adding to that.

Alternatively it could be said that David's narcissism is so extreme that he wants to see what it would be like to kiss himself.

I admit I laughed at the fingering line though, but then again so did both Scott and Fassbender.
>>
>>82837523
Alien is a scary film with a great cast, superb design and a neat script with natural and believable dialogue .

Alien: Covenant is the exact opposite. Just watch Alien.
>>
>>82830622
Underrated post
>>
>>82835808
Why did David kill all the organic life on the planet before setting up a beacon to lure more organic life so he could experiment on them? Why not just use the engineers on the planet?
he actually did use the engineers, you can see a dissected one in his room
he just ran out of engineers because the goop xeno killed them all too fast for him to collect enough

>Why were all the engineers on the planet conveniently located on one spot so David could kill them all at once?
it's explained that the goop only killed the bunch at the docking area, then the mutated bugs and shit worked their way up the ecosystem until alien xenomorphs ate everything else

>Why did Ridley Scott feel comfortable putting his name on this dumpster fire?
because he's a hack fraud and a retard who thinks that adding a christian character makes his movie deep and about religion instead of just a shit movie with a christian in it

I am in no way condoning this shitshow of a movie
>>
KORSUB WHEN
>>
>>82837696
>Alien has always had that element of sexual perversion
As a subtext, nobody ever fucked the Xenomorph.

Are people really uneasy about two men kissing nowadays? It just came across as a bit silly to me.
>>
>>82837875
True, that would be hot though.

And yeah I'd say so, only 1-2% or so of the world's population is gay - for most people it isn't normal or nice. Even if we're accepting of gay people, not many people like seeing them fuck each other. Likely Ridley would never say that's why its in there though, so the second explanation of it being David's narcissism is more likely.
>>
alright so question
the cargo lander isn't powerful enough to get itself, three humans, an android, and an alien off the ground on a planet with roughly the same gravity as earth
how the FUCK is it supposed to carry cargo several tens of times heavier than the load it had in the movie
THIS IS WITH EXTRA FUEL TO BURN AS WELL
WHAT THE FUCK
IS IT SUPPOSED TO JUST SORT OF CRASH INTO THE GROUND WHEN IT LAUNCHES BECAUSE IT HAS NO LIFT
IS THE IDEA REALLY TO JUST FUCKING USE IT LIKE A DROP POD AND LEAVE IT THERE BECAUSE IT CAN'T SUPPORT ITS WEIGHT
fucking GOD
and why did the aliens acid just stop eating through the claw when the claw got retracted onto the cargo lander
that's not how the acid works and there was a LOT of acid from literally fucking bursting an alien
why did the CG look so fucking bad when she was on the rope
it was like some fucking 50s era superimposition shit
>>
File: 1449227041314.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449227041314.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
>>82837875
>nobody ever fucked the Xenomorph
In a lot of the books and comics and shit the aliens are a lot more rapey, straight up making people fuck each other to make little alien babbies
also in AVP theres the pregnancy ward thing which while from a non canon thing I can see eggs being pumped from a special alien type being a thing
and then you know lambert got fucking assraped so there's that
>>
>>82837968
They'd take the cargo off once it landed you retard
>>
>>82838070
but it's a shuttle
implying it shuttles shit
they have the trucks for normal transport of cargo but if they have mountains or water or shit in the way one imagines they'd use the shuttle
but it can't take off with cargo on it
so what's the point
how do you take off after you load it up with shit to move back to the covenant huh
>>
File: predator trophy wall.png (227KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
predator trophy wall.png
227KB, 640x360px
>tfw this is no longer canon even if it wasn't to begin with
>>
I actually thought it was a good horror movie in the sense that it was a bit tense during some parts.

BUT some issues.

>I've not seen so many stupid characters ever in a horror movie
>Even engineers were fucking stupid. Spacefaring creators of the human race absolute retards
>Second neomorph?
>Captain retard nuff said
>They pelted the first neomorph with bullets yet he didnt die but the second died from a few runds from captain retard
>NO dont kill my killing machine cutiepie here let me show you my club house dont worry its safe
>>
>>82837945
I might just be biased because I just got done watching sense 8 but there really isn't any difference between a love scene between two men, two women or a man and a women.

Yes I know gay people can't have babies smart ass who is desperate to green text my post with your garbage opinons, when was the last time somebody fucked in a movie purely for the purposes of procreation
>>
>>82838129
>implying it's not now the skull of a neomorph
>>
>>82838123
hmm true, maybe they just didn't expect to be taking anything back up to the covenant
>>
>>82838181
I think you're one of few people that see men and women kissing as the same as men and men kissing. For most people a heterosexual scene is attractive for both genders. For male on male, it is attractive only to gay men - a much smaller demographic. I'd say that even if Ridley didn't intend it, the shock factor is still there for a lot of people. Especially outside of the more progressive areas of the world.
>>
>>82838208
That's a really bad way to plan an expedition into deep space
everything has to be used for as much shit as possible, be as rugged as possible, and be as small as possible
I know that realism and ridley scott don't belong in the same fucking language but still
It just seems so ridiculous that they wouldn't plan for something like, I dunno, a big heavy piece of equipment needing repairs from the covenant
I guess you could bring down all the shit from the covenenant but that would take so much longer than just taking the broken shit up to the fully stocked spaceship
>>
>>82838203
Still wouldn't make sense with the fact that Predator 2 took place around 100 years before David "makes them".

Unless the theory about them having time travel abilities is now true.
>>
>>82823523
>What happened to Elizabeth
It's explained that he killed her to experiment on her
>How did he find the planet
Co-ordinates were on the ship already
>Why did he drop the pods
To create a new creature, as those things alter your genes
>Fucking how
Xenos develop very quickly, over the course of 10 years, selective breeding can create hundreds of generations of aliens. It wouldn't take long before a new species is made
>What was his end game
To be god
>>
I wonder what they were thinking for that facehugger scene
I mean I don't remember the facehugger scenes past movies being that bad
>>
>>82836322
nah that's bullshit a face hugger needs to be on someone for a good while if the embryo is to be inserted deep into someone
>>
>>82823153
Stop posting like you've seen it you faggot. It doesn't come out for another 3 days.
>>
>>82839050
nigga it's been out in Europe and Australia for over a week
>>
Does Ridley Scott consider Aliens canon?
>>
>>82839050
Kek, it must trigger burgers that they keep getting movies 1 - 2 weeks after everyone else and having it all spoiled.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51KB, 549x563px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51KB, 549x563px
>>82823153
>It's Alien for ADD audience

LOVE IT
>>
>>82838353
David doesn't 'make them' though. We have no idea if the Engineers hadn't already engineered xenomorphs. Who's to say David isn't just a retard and is only just catching up to Engineer-tier xenomorph creation?
>>
File: alien-prometheus-xenomorphuxAo9.jpg (212KB, 1680x1008px) Image search: [Google]
alien-prometheus-xenomorphuxAo9.jpg
212KB, 1680x1008px
>>82838353
>>
File: 1481265386681.png (22KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1481265386681.png
22KB, 804x743px
>"Hopefully we will get answers about the engineers, about the black goo, why they want to kill humanity"
>"They are in a sequence that lasts under a minute"

https://youtu.be/tsZKm77j0zM?t=10m41s
>>
>>82845240
>>"Hopefully we will get answers about the engineers, about the black goo, why they want to kill humanity"
Literally nobody asked for this because they were the shittiest part of Prometheus and Ridley ruined the Space Jockey's with them, so thank god he just decided it was a retarded idea and he should've never listened to that hack Lindolf and chose to pretty much axe them from any future movies by killing them off in a 30 second sequence.
>>
>>82845240
>>82845305
Wasn't the idea literally that they were pissed that we killed Jesus?
>>
File: 1494185738518.jpg (312KB, 1381x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1494185738518.jpg
312KB, 1381x1019px
The scene with the Facefuckers was good but a bit extreme.

The pussyburster scene was too extreme. The acting and plot were terrible. And I don't know why they called it "Not Alien Covenant" at my theater. Weird Xeno orgy pic related
>>
http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/5858/Alien-Covenant-2017.html

>Alien Covenant DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for August 2017

REEEE

Somebody leak a copy to wikileaks
>>
File: xenomorph readin da internet.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph readin da internet.png
16KB, 400x400px
>movie still isn't out until Friday in Burgerland

god fucking damn it Fox what is wrong with you
>>
>>82829175

World-building? Better pacing?
>>
>>82838030
>lambert got fucking assraped
Wait, did I miss something?
>>
File: IMG_1207.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1207.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
>>82823153
No, no it wasnt
>>
Does anyone have a stream?
>>
>>82823153
I liked it but I still liked prometheus more
>>
>>82823153

shoo shill shoo
this movie is fucking hot garbage
>>
>>82830706
I agree
>>
>>82849824
>everyone that likes things I don't is a shill
>>
To be honest I just wish Prometheus wasn't a part of the Alien franchise and it was a story about an android that accompanied a human mission to find is creators and once shit hit the fan he struck out on his own since he feels he's both unique and superior to everyone else.

Essentially what we got with Prometheus and A:C but minus all the poorly implemented xeno shit.
>>
>>82849824

From the looks of things only contrarians and those with genuinely bad taste like this movie.

I'm paying $5 to see it on Tuesday. I'm embarrassed to be paying for this garbage at all.

Can one of the 'fans' explain why educated colonists can't follow basic quarantine protocol. They don't even wear environment suits... On an alien fucking planet.
>>
>>82850068
the lore is garbage, the characters are boring garbage, the aliens are garbage (and they appear on screen a total of less than 30mins )

david is the only redeeming part because hes interesting but his motivations lack drive so its not satisfying as well
>>
>>82850857
>they appear on screen a total of less than 30mins
And? The xeno in Alien was not shown that much
>his motivations lack drive so its not satisfying as well
At the start of the movie he talks about perfection, inmortality... etc. He sees humans as inferior. What type of motivation would satisfy you?
>>
>>82850761

the real answer is that Scott never saw Alien as nothing more than a paint-by-numbers horror franchise.

You can tell because he completely ignores anything interesting about the setting, mysteries, lore and merely focuses on directing it as if it were a simply slasher flick.

In Prometheus and Covenant every single character acts like a completely braindead moron with zero self-awareness or any kind of common sense.

What I liked about Alien and Aliens is that it was perfectly excusable there since you were dealing with space truckers and cocky marines and Ripley got to be a voice of reason in those situations.

But in the two new movies there is no such thing. Everyone SHOULD be extremely smart since they were hand-picked and vetted for their respective missions and yet they always pick the most stupidly retarded option available
>>
>tfw no xenobae in a comfy sweater with boobhole
>>
>>82851028

I guess the magic behind Alien and Aliens truly lost.

Shame, I loved the world building in both those films.
>>
>>82850983
>Alien
Alien was atmospheric horror. AC is basically an thriller/psychopath movie with aliens thrown in at the side. It failed at both. it doesnt help that suddenly they develop in mere hours, like wtf? the movie doesnt savour anything. And the neomorphs are basically just boring recoloured xenomorphs

>>82850983
>At the start of the movie he talks about perfection, inmortality

saying something doesnt give justification for his drive. Its like saying a character is evil because......he says hes evil? he does bad things? but WHY? in the movie David doesnt sell himself well enough. Hes interesting but it lacks that extra something.
>>
>>82831454
Here's my explanation about it, two scenarios:

>The engineers saw that ship and were glad to find a brave warrior returning home (that's why they were so happy when it arrived) They thought it was the Engineer military crew but oh dear, death awaits.
Or
>This is kinda like a peaceful, quiet Paradise planet, they had no idea and maybe no real defenses for the city. Think a resort or religious compound, happy place not expecting trouble.
>>
>>82850761
>Going through a penis inspection for this flick
>not just waiting till august to freestream it
>>
>>82823153
How much do you get paid?
>>
>>82832743
To be fair, they were dying left and right, survival tops awe discovery in my book.
>>
>>82830706
haha this must be bait right?
>>
>>82852615
hasnt that engineer ship has been gone for a few thousand years? unless they have not updated the design for that amount of time I dont know why everyone wouldn't be freaking out

it'll be like a WWI plane landing on an airstrip, security would it all over it in seconds
>>
>>82835808
The movie aint perfect but come on, you're just bitching for the sake of it
>Why was there wheat?
Either engineers "invented" wheat or they brought it from Earth
>Hair like Walter
Because hair+scissors=haircut add future android to the mix.
>All Engineers same spot
We just saw the demise of one city, maybe there was only one city in Paradise, maybe it took longer for the parasite to kill whole planet
>If David created...
Not yet explained, more movies ahead (for beter or worse)
What was the..backbusters
>Neomorph explained in the movie
>Alien full sized
Dude it was smaller than baby Groot, and we have never seen the development of chestbusters.
>Terraforming equipment
Survival tops convenience and tools, a shovel and an axe aint a bulldozer but it will work.

I'd complain more about how this movie made the same mistakes of Prometheus (not having a realistic protocol for safely exploring planets) cheap twists and killing the female protagonists.
Still, very enjoyable movie
>Alien & Aliens >Covenant >Alien 3 >Prometheus
>>
>>82837190
The movie delivers on the gore, not done distastefully tho, which was nice, the kid in the theater will be traumatized have nightmares about it.
>>
>>82853058
>killing the female protagonists
>mistake

Most erotic thing about this flick, you should go back desu.
>>
>>82837875
>>82847054
That's part of the charm of the Alien, its behavior towards prey is borderline rape, I mean, Lambert, facehuggers force a dick in your mouth while simultaneously resembling a vulva, xenos' head and tiny mouth resembling dicks, etc. etc. I need to masturbate now.
>>
>>82851307
If it isn't obvious to you that humanity has run its course and we are a redundant species yadda yadda yadda then you may want to take a look at your reply with a sort of objective view, because you're the prime example. ((((You))))
>>
>>82853058
Everything you posted is a massive cop out but the bit that got me was

>Dude it was smaller than baby Groot, and we have never seen the development of chestbusters

It literally emerged with a developed body and grew to full size in the time it took the crew to run outside and put a beacon down because they needed another alien for the climax.

If there was more than one city in paradise then why was there no roads to other settlements or buildings? Why did they have no reaction to finding the ruins of a advanced civilization?

How long was David storing the Alien embryos inside of him?

Why were human embryos being stored in the fridge? Did that scene only exist in order to set up the ending?

If the colonists were so valuable then why were they swinging around freely rather than being fastened down?

This isn't bitching, or nitpicking, or being pedantic these are legitimate complaints. When you're trying to enjoy a movie and it keeps doing stupid shit it fucking ruins the immersion. Ridley Scott is a professional director and he really should know better than to make such a slapdash piece of shit.
>>
>>82823521
just because something is done fast doesn't mean it's better

Remember the asshole that would finish his test first?

He got a D-
>>
>>82830560
Maybe he didn't realize david was evil.

Maybe you should stop projecting what you know onto the characters like a tardnigger.
>>
>>82831160
except they can't repair major damange like getting a hand cutoff which is what happened to walter so david replicated that
>>
>>82834480
>i never smile alone

AUTISTIC
>>
>>82850761
Here's my take on it, from a well balanced non-hater-non-fan person stuck in 4chan for nostalgia.
Minor spoilers ahead I guess:
>It's waaaay better than Prometheus.
>This is not a science team but a bunch of couples, they (mostly) make bad decisions out of being scared shitless.
>Most of the characters are just background or cattle fodder, the real deal is Michael Fassbender and maybe the chick.
>It's fun! It's scary! it's gory!
>Sound design and score is pretty good.
>Visuals are top notch as usual
>It's not perfect, twists are just plot propellers not intended to be "aha! you weren't expecting that" moments
>No real character development or attachment (besides previous mentions)
>I hate that they keep killing main characters
I enjoyed it, not Alien Aliens level but above everything else in the franchise.
>>
File: 834029-2.jpg (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
834029-2.jpg
39KB, 512x512px
HERE, HAVE A LOOK
>HERE, HAVE A LOOK
HERE, HAVE A LOOK

characters have an IQ of 50 in this movie
>>
>>82836226
>How did Mr Wheat get impregnated with an egg when the facehugger wasn't on his face long enough?
Not really important.

>Why does James Franco get the Police Squad special guest star treatment?
Who cares?

>Why did those two people run off to have sex in a shower after half of their crew has been murdered?

It's almost like they thought the HORROR was over and they were safe because they were on the ship.

>Why did nobody cotton on that David was mental until it was way too late?
David isn't mental. he's acting within his programming.

>Why was David's hair growing anyway? After 10 years it should be longer than just past his ears, if not they why would you make an android who had really slow growing hair?
Who cares?

>Who shoots a gun in an area where shit is likely to explode?
Women in the military. They did the same thing in James Cameron's Aliens.

To show the difference between walter and david

The movie sucked but people complaining about retarded shit is worse.
>>
>>82836753
>Then why add the "I'll do the fingering" when you know people are going to laugh?

PROJECTING
>>
>>82853649
>legit plotholes
>not important
>who cares

t. I EAT SHIT AND I LOVE IT
>>
>>82852708
Not necessarily, maybe they already perfected their technology or it's a religious thing "look, our ancestors have returned to save us..oh black goo" or
space travel takes time, consider the following: Covenant will take 7 years to arrive at Organa planet traveling at hyperspace or whatever it's called. One year pass in Earth and they find new technology and send Covenant 2 which will arrive in just one month! The only people who will be freaking out is the crew of the OG Covenant when they find Bill Organa as mayor of new planet already.
>>
>>82853649
>dude just stop thinking about it and enjoy the movie
no fuck you
>>
>>82850857
>david is the only redeeming part because hes interesting but his motivations lack drive so its not satisfying as well

THE MOTIVATION IS BECAUSE HE CAN!

IT'S THE REASON HUMANS CREATED HIM. BECAUSE WE COULD. THAT'S THE FUCKING MOTIVATION
>>
>>82851028
>In Prometheus and Covenant every single character acts like a completely braindead moron with zero self-awareness or any kind of common sense.

Howso other than you projecting what you know about the franchise and the movie itself?

Half of these "so stupid" complaints are frivolous when there are plenty of real things to complain about.
>>
>>82853720
>im a psychopath because i can

GEE GREAT CHARACTER THERE, I REALLY UNDERSTAND HIM, 10/10 WRITING
>>
>>82823153 The mystery should have been ended here. They continued and it looks like something is incomplete there. Well i watched the movie on.
http://moviedude.info/alien-covenant/
>>
>>82853684
What are the plot holes?

Hair cuts don't fucking matter you autistic faggot.

Incubation time doesn't fucking matter either. It's not even a true xenomorph.
>>
>>82853726
*finds alien spore egg on ground*

*pokes it*

hmmmmm NICE SMELL
>>
>>82853708
>i'm so autistic that I must have to understand about hair cuts and shower scenes that are either not important or easily explained.
>>
>>82853424
I disagree with you, it does feel like cherrypicking but in my book both of our opinions are equally valid.
And I will not defend bad decisions like a fan boy, like I said not a perfect film regrettably most films nowadays are written and guided by idiots, executives, and idiot executives and the answer to your cherry-picking-or-not questions is sadly: bad writing.
I enjoyed it and had fun! You didn't, I hated Rogue One and I'm sure you loved it, better luck next time.
>>
>>82853753
>a robot that can grow hair isnt stupid
>the Alien francise, which has so much tension in the horror of the parasite devleoping in the human body, the time and life cycle doesnt matter now

Maybe you're entertained by inconsistent B grade movies but most of us arent
>>
>>82853753

Sometimes I forget that real 12 year olds find their way into this place and post their inane drivel with impunity.
>>
>>82853734
>Dissappointed son wants to surpass his parents
Jesus, this is not hard to understand
>>
>>82853786
Counterpoint:
>A robot that can grow hair is awesome
>Alien had tension in the blah blah blah, Aliens was all about dat action and motherfucking mechsuit kicking ass! That's the whole franchise.
To be fair we don't really know the actual time of gestation, I read somewhere it took as long as the alien needed it to be, in the Nostromo, long enough to be back on the ship, in some comics as little as hours, the point is: the timing is not well established or defined.
>>
>>82853779
I hated Rogue One too so take your passive aggressive insults back to r/movies
>>
>>82825452
The only parts I pissed myself laughing was when David was talking in phrases
>Curiosity killed the cat
Fucking seriously?
>>
>>82853990
>everyone is sitting peacefully watching a movie
>a character says something
>some autist behind you bursts out laughing
>i-it reminds me of those MEMES! FOR YOU!
>chortling as he engulfs his popcorn and Fanta full-sugar drink
>gets escorted out for being a disturbance
>>
>>82853968
Really? That's what you got from my post? Also, how is saying you liked Rogue One passive aggressive insult? The real world must be scary for you
LOL you internet humans are fascinating.
>>
>>82831514
So now that David created the xeno.. how are they going to connect it to Preditor 2? the aliens skull is seen in the preditors ship.. lol we time travel nao
>>
>>82828250
>the wasps
But David just recreated the Xenomorphs, not created them for realsies, right?
R-right?
>>
>>82823153
I wholeheartedly agree OP, aside from the shitty cgi the whole film was pretty decent. I don't know what the fuck a lot of the early viewers were crowing about. It's a fine movie.
>>
>>82823521
It's an ensemble cast Daniels wasn't even the main character. David was. And even then she was great for what she was.
>>
>>82838269
Women love homo shit. Source: all gay fanfiction and fanart
>>
File: alien-047694816.jpg (287KB, 1920x912px) Image search: [Google]
alien-047694816.jpg
287KB, 1920x912px
Ridley says he's going full on War of the Worlds with the sequel to Covenant.

Hold on to your butts
>>
>>82856427
I was hoping for something more along the lines of Event Horizon
>>
>>82856486

Fuck that. After Prometheus this series does not need any more ambiguous space zombies or strange things happening for the sake of being strange.
>>
>>82850857
>>82853720
Nope, his motivation is to kill the creators of his creators (ad infinitum), effectively making him his own God and in servitude to nothing.

Peter Weyland 2.0
>>
Any camrips of this yet?
>>
>>82856610
His motivation isn't to kill them, he just kills them because he sees them as inferior. If he found a civilisation that had beaten him at his own game, then he would probably respect them. That's unlikely to happen though. David meets the literal Gods of the Universe and deems them inferior, if that doesn't make an interesting character then I don't know what does.
>>
>>82856719
Bring me my tea.
>>
>>82856768
Within minutes of his David being 'born', Weyland realises he's effectively created the Ubermensch, a man both physically and mentally perfect. "Bring me my tea" is a reaction of fear and regret, an attempt to subjugate David and prevent him from realising his own greatness. You could say this works for to a large degree, it's only after David sees his father struck down by his own creator (the Engineer) that he realises that Weyland was a weak man - David himself says that he pitied him at his death. Following those events, David spirals into a God complex where his search to find a true creator and a man to match his own superiority leads him to the creation of the Xeno - truly the perfect organism. It is quite interesting to see the contrast of human perfection (the intellectual power of David) and the physical perfection of the Xeno (it's remorseless and efficient destruction).

Bravo Ridley.
>>
what is the meaning of "Covenant"?

I mean in spanish what is the translation.

I have read it could be like "arrival" or a "pact".
>>
>>82856915
That's quite a different motivation for David being "beaten at his own game". Recall that David didn't have "a game" in Prometheus other than his servitude to Peter in persuit of immortality.

Only when later travelling with Shaw his freewill and autonomy kicked in, only then he had "a game" as he realised he is the creator of his own destiny and would serve nothing mortal from this point forwards. He resents humanity in particular and also the beings which created us.

At no point would David concede to fall in line with a higher power or "respect them".
>>
>>82857236
Perhaps, but David was messing about with the black goo (Holloway) before Weyland is introduced. I don't think David had an ounce of desire to help Weyland since his first conversation with him at the start of Covenant. Perhaps he pretended to so he could further his own research, but I think helping Weyland was always a false pretence.
>>
>>82854072
You type like a middle-aged mom, this has to be bait.
>>
>>82823153
I don't have any personal interest in whether aliens is good or not. I'm sick of them making the same thing over and over.
>>
>>82857363
Nope, you need to rewatch Prometheus. David spoke with Weyland on a yellow visor before he poisoned Holloway (seeking his "would you do anything?" consent). Before lacing his drink, David also asked Vickers if she wanted tea (implying he'd rather have used Peter's own daughter) after she cornered/choked him demanding to know what message her father sent and threatening to turn off David.

"Try harder" was the message. That's exactly what David did, in servitude to Peter. There was no false pretence, he was doing as instructed but at the same time learning to fuck over expendable crew/family, for the greater purpose which he was designed entirely for :- Meeting our maker and extending Peter's life.

When he no longer had his greater purpose but has freewill, he creates his own future and uses all the sociopathic behaviour traits Weyland had encouraged in Prometheus. Sucker-punches the Engi homeworld then improves on their biological WMD by creating the perfect, self-replicating life form which he can use to eliminate any species.

The interesting part will be explaining his "love" and emotional response for Shaw.
>>
>>82857782
In honesty I haven't watched Prometheus in years so you're probably right anon. I think both films fall down as Alien films but as standalone franchises exploring morality and the 'human experience' they're quite good. Nice discussion anon.
>>
>>82823153
This is the cheekiest fucking movie Scott has made in ages and far better than what we deserve.
>>
>>82857069
A pact made to a deity or god
>>
>>82856915
That sounds interesting. David thinks he is a god since he is almost perfect and stated his biggest motivation is to create.
>>
I just wanna point out that the med bay scene was fucking excellent.
>>
>>82858618
What, the three stooges homage with the early 2000s era CG?
>>
Going to watch this tonight, what to expect?
>>
>>82858684
Were you expecting it to be elegant?
>>
>>82858725
Expect nothing so you can focus on the film and form your own opinion.
>>
>>82858750
You know what I meant. I liked that the pilot lady fell over a bunch and kept fucking up, but the slipping and sliding was a bit much. I think I'd have been more forgiving if she like, slid down onto her knees or something, anything but a fucking cartoon banana peel slide kinda of shit.
And if you mean the alien, I was expecting it to move like an alien or to have its movement hidden by the camera and shit
It just looked like a monkey wearing a suit, there was no element of the unknown to its movement
>>
>>82858725
Go to watch a syfy movie about space.
>>
>>82858822
The comical exaggeration is what makes the scene work, having contrast makes it richer and more interesting than if it was 'played straight'. It was right out of Evil Dead, which is a timeless classic from the same genre as Alien.
>>
>>82858989
I can't at all agree with what you're saying but it's your opinion faggot
I don't think it was played for laughs, it felt like it was played straight to me
maybe the 'tism made me miss something
>>
>>82859116
It's dark comedy, the beauty of it is that it works on many different levels. The escalating slapstick punchline eventually tops off with Faris (the pilot) walking out of the already exploded lander and collapsing on the ground. It's very reminiscent of the opening scene of Naked Gun 1 but also a minor nod to Prometheus which featured the exact same imagery. At the same time, it's not that funny. Both women are terrified (which is why their actions are clumsy and inefficient) and die in horrible ways, and you get followup scenes with their widowers that aren't in any way presented as comedic.
>>
>>82824159
>prometheans are super happy to see a ship returning in the flash-back
I think they are humans who followed their space Jesus and are slowly evolving into actual engineers.
>>
>>82824159
>The prometheans are super happy to see a ship returning in the flash-back.

>Hey Dave did you hear that those guys who we sent off to kill those human fucks are finally returning? They detected their ship entering our orbit.
>Woah that's sweet bro, I always hated those fucking humans after they killed our good friend Jesus, lets go and give them a good welcome home!

It's almost like they are normal people.
>>
>>82843885
>
people keep saying this is a xenomorph but all I see is a humanoid body with a dome head
>>
>>82859313
>>82859116
>>82858989

i don't think it's meant to be anywhere near as comic as naked gun, but there has been an element of schadenfreude in all the alien movies and the sudden collective catastrophe/taking away the ladder is a common structural element too.
>>
>>82858989
alien is one of the most straightley played horror films, takes itself very seriously i didnt see the falling over in the med bay as comical remotely, much more the flailing of panicking animals
>>
>>82859935
You don't have to think that, but I did because of the repeat gags (especially the slipping) and the irony of Faris blowing herself up with the gun she grabbed in self-defense. I mean, the scene references the original chestburster that was pretty goofy too, specifically the part where all the blood sprays on the hysteric Lambert (comparable imagery is again found in the Evil Dead series).
>>
*it aint me starts playing*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qda_2HMWt5c
>>
>>82823153
I enjoyed it too. I'm not some lore-Autist like most of the people on this board though.
>>
>>82859316
What the fuck? How does your brain work?
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.