[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Orville trailer (created by Seth McFarlane)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 292
Thread images: 29

File: the-orville-trailer.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-orville-trailer.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>THE ORVILLE is a one-hour science fiction series set 400 years in the future that follows the adventures of the U.S.S. Orville, a mid-level exploratory vessel. Its crew, both human and alien, faces the wonders and dangers of outer space, while also dealing with the familiar, often humorous problems of regular people in a workplace…even though some of those people are from other planets, and the workplace is a faster-than-light spaceship. In the 25th century, Earth is part of the Planetary Union, a far-reaching, advanced and mostly peaceful civilization with a fleet of 3,000 ships. Down on his luck after a bitter divorce, Planetary Union officer ED MERCER (MacFarlane) finally gets his chance to command one of these ships: the U.S.S. Orville. Determined to prove his worth and write a new chapter in his life, Ed finds that task all the more difficult when the First Officer assigned to his ship is his ex-wife, KELLY GRAYSON (Adrianne Palicki). As the new commander, Ed assembles a qualified, but eccentric crew, including his best friend, GORDON MALLOY (Scott Grimes), who has problems with authority, but is the best helmsman in the fleet; DR. CLAIRE FINN (Penny Johnson Jerald), one of the Union’s most accomplished physicians; BORTUS (Peter Macon), an alien from a single-sex species; ISAAC (Mark Jackson), an artificial life-form from a machine society that thinks biological life-forms are inferior; navigator JOHN LAMARR (J. Lee), whose casual humor cuts through even the most dire situations; ALARA KITAN (Halston Sage), a young, inexperienced security officer whose home planet’s high gravity gives her superior physical strength; and YAPHIT, a gelatinous creature voiced by comedian Norm Macdonald. Somehow, Ed and Kelly must put the past behind them and, with the help of the crew, navigate fascinating and sometimes dangerous adventures in outer space, as well as the tumultuous and captivating day-to-day personal relationships with their colleagues.
Thoughts on this????
>>
trailer link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
>>
>tfw not enough audience interest to do classic-style sci fi shows anymore but enough to do stupid parody
>>
Why does Seth keep thinking he's a valid actor
>>
>>82821287
>Seth McFarlane

Yeah. I won't be going anywhere near this
>>
Will probably be better than Discovery
>>
It's just McFarlane humor in a wacky setting as always. Aka pure trash.
>>
>>82821287
Just fucking stop it Seth.... jeeesh... you're a VOICE actor , not a FACE actor, stop trying so hard yo be something youre not
>>
A shitty version of Galaxy Quest
And Seth is terrible
>>
>>82821287
>Seth McFarlane
Hahaha no no i will be avoiding this

>Norm McDonald
Oh, wait, do i watch this now?

Help /tv/, i can't make my own decisions
>>
The trailer wasn't funny

I wish this was good
>>
Could be fun desu, at least MacFarlane is a scifi fan
>>
THAT WENT SOUTH SO FAST!
>>
so like galaxy quest but not funny ?
>>
I really wish this was better than it looks. I'd love a Star Trek spoof series and McFarlane seems perfect to write such a thing.

But whilst I think McFarlane is perfect to write it, acting in it is a bad choice. He seems so forced and awkward.
>>
File: orville.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
orville.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>82821287
It sounds like something someone would write if they were taking the piss out of Seth McFarlane and new tv shows in general.
>>
If you like this and hate on Rick and Morty you should hang yourself
>>
I can't wait to see it. I hope it does well. McFarlane does seems wrong for the role though.
>>
>>82821287
Looks about as good as Palicki's last sci-fi show.
>>
>>82821508

that's some shit
>>
File: laughs in wolverine.jpg (202KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
laughs in wolverine.jpg
202KB, 630x420px
>>82821918
uwotm8? This show is Rick & Morty: Live Action Edtion. The synergy is massive, and the official crossover promotional material will be all over social media at sweeps.
>>
>>82822011
she was great on agent of shield
>>
I am so hungry for scifi that I would swallow everything, even a shit like this
>>
>>82822083
Right, she was in that. But I was referring to John Woo's Lost in Space:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAT4tjjzOCk&list=PLB5650A43C64FE863
>>
>>82821508
At least Timeless got renewed
>>
>>82822110
i thought you where talking about Wonder Woman.
>>
>>82822126
Well, that too. God that was terrible.
>>
>>82822093
Watch Other Space instead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4561950/
>>
>>82822126
Most Wanted is her latest
>>
>its a movie where MacFarlane plays the lead and woos some beautiful woman who is into him
I bet he finds an excuse to sing Sinatra.
>>
>>82821738
Norm was on Family Guy when it was still good.
>>82821803
I think Galaxy Quest had a more clever concept, desu. This is just STAR TREK BUT WAAAAAAAAAAAAACKY
>>
liberal utopian pretensions BTFO
>>
>>82822035
How so ?
Can you point out on thing in common with Rick and Morty besides the sci-fi theme ?
>>
>>82822218
>Norm was on Family Guy when it was still good.
Probably means he'll leave before the end of the first season. I don't get Norm, he's hilarious but always pops up in shit, like this and Grown Ups 2.
>>
>>82822150
yeah thanks, but no thanks. I am desperate but not that desperate
>>
>>82821287
it already looks more like Star Trek than STD and ENT
>>
I could have written all the negative shit in this thread before i opened

All this proves is that your all sad predictable constrain nerds.

KYS'
>>
>>82822382
and yet you are with us. we love you
>>
>>82822382
>constrain
>>
>>82822278
Can't be choosy about roles when you have gambling debts to pay.
>>
>>82822150
>Boldly going there
>Oh no you dit'n't
Seriously that tag line makes me hate it instantly. It sounds like a nu Simpsons style joke show like Don't Go There.
>>
>>82822306
It's a lot better than this shit is going to be senpai
>>
>>82822468
I guess not, but you'd think he'd be able to get some better roles. I guess he's just too old and always came across like he doesn't care that much about those things, but I could see him as a recurring character in something like 30 Rock or Parks and Rec.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 439x387px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 439x387px
>>82822150
>udder space
>>
>>82822150
I'd prefer Nick Frost in HYPERDIVE
>>
>>82821508
Meanwhile Star Wars makes billions worldwide and big budget Farscape, Guardians of the Galaxy, can break 700mill easy and the mainstream can embrace a walking tree that can only say 3 words.
>>
>>82821287

Atheist faggotry that only appeals to Redditors.
>>
>>82822794
>Star Wars
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>scifi
Now I want to hurt you
>>
McFarlene's second trailer for this just dropped:

https://youtu.be/Z6LpXx_CA1A
>>
>>82822218
>Galaxy Quest had a more clever concept.

Now I'm not knocking Galaxy Quest, because it's about eight times a better movie than it has any right to be, but it's just Three Amigos / Magnificent Seven / Seven Samurai / A Bug's Life in space in terms of concept.

Fucking top tier cast tho. Sam Rockwell, Tony Shaloub, Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman.. hell even Justin Long, whose face I hate but is a decent actor.
>>
>>82822932
Don't forget Token Black.
>>
File: Cuddles.jpg (11KB, 179x237px) Image search: [Google]
Cuddles.jpg
11KB, 179x237px
>>82821852
i hate that duck
>>
>>82822110
i didn't know they try remake that show.
>>
>>82823075
Netflix is doing a Lost In Space remake.
>>
>>82822615
cost yahoo milllllions
>>
File: original1.jpg (18KB, 492x512px) Image search: [Google]
original1.jpg
18KB, 492x512px
>>82823118
>>
>>82821630
I think his old west movie would have been better without him. he was the weakest point
>>
>>82822794

Guardians of the galaxy is also made like starwars and is often compared to it.

Starwars has touched the whole planet. Star trek is the one having problems
>>
>>82823118
who going be in it?
>>
>>82821991

Little did you know Mcfarlane is a huge trekkie and was on Star Trek: Enterprise as a background guy. Thats how much he loves trek
>>
>>82825253
Doesn't make a difference if he seems like the wrong actor for the role.
>>
>>82825293

This is why he wanted to do this so badly, he's a trekautist
>>
bad acting is a staple of Star Trek too
Seth being in it is all a multilayered joke
>>
>>82825375
No it isn't
>>
>>82825469
Name 5 good Star Trek actors outside of Stewart, Nimoy, O'Brein (I don't know his real name) and Odo.
>>
>>82825499
I meant the second part of the comment

It's not a multilayered joke, he's just a fucktard
>>
>>82825499
>Name 5 examples except these 4
Every time.
>>
>>82825499
>name 5 good star trek actors BUT don't name these 4
really made me think there, good anon

(Colm Meaney played O'Brien)
>>
>>82825293
He has the voice, chin and charisma to play a knock off star captain
>>
>>82821287
>Ed finds that task all the more difficult when the First Officer assigned to his ship is his ex-wife, KELLY GRAYSON (Adrianne Palicki)

Dumb as shit and wouldn't actually ever happen. Ever.
>>
>>82825545

He's not wrong, stiff acting is a staple of Trek.
>>
>>82825499
Avery Brooks was good once the show got going
>>
>>82825545
>>82825547
because 4 guys in a franchise that had like 20 main characters would still prove that good actors were a minority
>>
>>82825564
He doesn't have the charisma for it. The chin and voice are fooling you, you think he's a leading man because he has that smooth voice but his character seems weak-willed and lacking the confidence a leading man needs. Seems like he's playing the 'awkward every-man' persona that doesn't get any respect, which seems plausible for a parody of a captain but someone like Patrick Warburton would be way better for a role like that.
>>
>>82825717

>A meat head captain

good luck, us big guys never get the love.
>>
>>82825073
That and his awful humour.
>>
>>82825645
and that anon was retarded anyway, because you can find more than 4. From TNG, Spiner Stewart, Frakes, Burton and Dorn were all pretty good, the women were the weak point and even then that's more to do with the absolutely shit scripts they got. I'm not that familiar with the actors who were in DS9, but whoever played Sisko, Quark, Odo, O'Brien, Garak (totally a main character, don't even argue with me) and Dukat (same as with Garak) were all really good, though with Avery Brooks it depends what he had to do.

So from two shows you got 9 legit main actors + 2 who were basically main actors. Not bad at all.
>>
>>82825739
I think Warburton as a meat head captain and McFarlane as his Spock sounds way funnier than Seth and his ex-wife bickering but slowly falling in love again every episode.
>>
>>82825545
>>82825547
To be fair, Stewart and Meaney were successful real actors before Star Trek. Star Trek was probably a career low point for them.
>>
>>82825717
>implying Patrick warburton would draw any interest
>implying the name Seth Mcfarlane isn't alone huge marketing appeal
>implying he doesn't pen these projects entirely aware of what his presence does to the work

He is a facade, and an every man, and he commentates on the subject matter, certainly, but the rest is almost always funny. Have your opinion because of Family Guy, but everything else Mcfarlane has been pretty enjoyable. He's a nerd of all sorts, a fan of old Hollywood, and mines that to bring back old camp in a new way.

I enjoy his stuff.
>>
>>82825814
Warburton seems like he would make a good Capt. Brannigan-esque nemesis to McFarlane, but he should have got someone who could pull off the bumbling incompetent captain better, and make it like a Captain Mainwaring/Sgt. Wilson like dynamic. If any of you know who that is.
>>
>>82825863
He's not funny, he's broad. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his audience had no idea what his name is. I realize it's all opinions in comedy, but I would rather someone interesting with low mass appeal than a self-aware book of references that everybody has read.
>>
>>82825838

>He thinks the third X-men movie wasn't a career low for stewart

He's been on a poster looking like he farts fire and other he got killed off by a hack.
>>
>>82825977
Yeah fair point. But that was a while after his run on Star Trek. And now he's on American Dad. He's had a really weird career.
>>
Well, this is interesting.
>>
>>82826040
>now he is in the emoji movie

I am glad he doesn't seem to take things too seriously anymore
>>
>>82826048

Do you think it was on purpose that they made the ship into a flying vagina?
>>
>>82825863
He has good ideas every now and then but the actual comedy of it all is always lacking. In the trailer when she breaks the wall and he says 'I loosened it for you', I get that it's a classic line to use but haven't we come far enough to have an original line by now? It just feels lazy to have such grand setups wasted on the most basic comedy a sitcom could have.
>>
>>82826107

Well the more dumbed down the comedy, better it sells, just look at his shows. he is master of lowest common denominator.
>>
File: warp_drive_starship-640x353[1].jpg (47KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
warp_drive_starship-640x353[1].jpg
47KB, 640x353px
>>82826081

I think they wanted it to look something like an Alcubierre warp field.
>>
>not a jew
>worked his way up as an actual animator
Might b cool
>>
>>82826153
For that reason, I'm out.
>>
>>82826069
Most old actors stop caring because they've made their money and they can just fuck about. Look at DeNiro in the Meet The francise, fucking Al Pacino in Jack and Jill, Bruce Willis' career in general post 2005.
>>
>>82826154

Just look at the back end.
>>
Reminder that this has had a year less production time than Discovery but has more to show for that time.
>>
>>82826199

you'll end up seeing it out of curiosity, why lie.
>>
>>82826250
It's also a sitcom on Fox.
>>
>>82826265
If people I trust assure me it's worth watching, I will try it out. There's no chance of curiosity though because there's no depth to it so far, everything seems clear enough on the surface that I'm not expecting any surprises from the show.
>>
>>82826270

They're doing old-school model capture for the show, he's putting in all trek stuff behind the scenes too.

They just know what they're doing and CBS/paramount can't get their shit together, they've already lost a showrunner(s?)
>>
How much is Fox going to embarrass CBS with this show?

You can tell it has a way bigger budget and probably less politics as well.
>>
>>82826360
why would you ever want a star trek without politics
that's the driving force of the show
>>
>>82821508
The expanse?
>>
How does shit like this even get funded and greenlit? nowadays I feel like even I could make a show compared to all the shit coming out every week
>>
>>82826250
Reminder that MacFarlane has been more invokved with trek than anyone involved with std now
>>
>>82826380

Mcfarlane is definition of a limousine liberal, so it might have some progressivism in it but it'll be lipstick.

He's mostly topical.
>>
>>82826380
There's a difference between forced politics like muh diversity muh victimhood etc. which we see in modern shows and the intellectually stimulating universal kind that was in older Trek.
>>
>>82826449
Protip: I wasn't responding the Orville portion of that post.
>>
>>82822125
That ending felt like an attempt at padding though, as if they just wanted to reset everything making their efforts moot.

>>82826360
Anon your conservative values might be shocked by knowing that Star Trek featured the first inter-racial kiss on TV.
>>
>>82826488
you can't be serious with this post
>>82826499
false, just the first white/black kiss
>>
>>82825589
Oh yeah an chick totally wouldn't be assigned to a SPACE SHIP her ex husband is the captain of. UNREALISTIC!
>>
>>82826430
>How does shit like this even get funded and greenlit?

McFarlane has been creating successful shows (whether you like them or not, they do well) for Fox for nearly twenty years now, that gives him a fair amount of clout in getting a show off the ground.
>>
I appreciate that the robot just shot that guy but otherwise find that trailer really terrible.
>>
>>82826545
Shit he get fox to fund a remake of a science show
>>
>>82826525
Then what was the first one?
>>
>>82821762

Damn, dusting the cobwebs off that meme.
>>
>>82826499
I'm not saying it wasn't subversive or whatever word you want to use but they didn't force things hard. This modern Trek is likely to shove everything in your face from what I've heard.

>>82826525
People will probably end up enjoying this show more than the new Trek. New Trek probably won't get a second season while this gets several.
>>
>>82821287
>Sci-fi show with black people and women in relevant position
>post 2012 show

no way fag
>>
>>82826616
It will be back.
>>
>>82826624

This guy is saying nu-trek show is going to be obnoxious
>>
>>82826624
>This modern Trek is likely to shove everything in your face from what I've heard.
Well I can agree with that, I too share that worry, I guess that while Star Trek is always bound to challenge these things, it can be hard now that they are so much on the spotlight.
>>
File: 14789998236004.jpg (183KB, 794x595px) Image search: [Google]
14789998236004.jpg
183KB, 794x595px
>>82821287
>a gelatinous creature voiced by comedian Norm Macdonald
Norm should have been the main character, and he shouldn't follow a script, everyone else has one but Norm is just reacting to things as they happen around him scene after scene.
>>
File: RedDwarfBackToEarth1.jpg (78KB, 470x278px) Image search: [Google]
RedDwarfBackToEarth1.jpg
78KB, 470x278px
so, an american red dwarf?
>>
>>82826643

>All leaders are white men
>Black guy is the bus driver

The data knockoff has more clout than blackguyalien.

It's a mixture of TNG and Enterprise.
>>
It'll be a better Trek show than Discovery but the comedy will fall flat and it'll get canceled after a season. Also knowing Fox, they'll air the episodes out of order.

Excited to see Scott Grimes though, he'll probably be the highlight as usual.
>>
>>82822110
>Lost in Space
>John Woo
How have I not heard of this?
>>
Oh yeah I can't wait for Seth to meet """""god""""" just to have it turn out to be some alien instead of GOD because God isn't real

Or have a race of backward people obsessed with religion that turns out just to be aliens and other fedora shit
>>
>>82827023

>it's a whiny christfag episode
>>
>>82826692
It's... literally nothing like Red Dwarf, in anyway, other than it's in space.
>>
>>82826737
Still find it weird Malarky voices Scott Grimes.
>>
>>82827023
Both are have been episodes of star trek.

Shit your second statement is a bug part of ds9
>>
File: 473847.jpg (169KB, 973x1280px) Image search: [Google]
473847.jpg
169KB, 973x1280px
>>82821287

Fuck this looks bad, which is a shame because 'Galaxy Quest' could work as a tv show, which is what they are attempting here.

McFarlane is bad, he can't even deliver these simple oneliners, the jokes in this trailer are stale as fuck, and I can only assume they tried to pick the funnier sequences they had filmed for the trailer, which is really sad.

My pick for the quickest cancellation this fall.
>>
>>82821630
Because he's a fine actor with an excellent sense of comedic timing.

It's the scripts that are the problem.
>>
File: yikes.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yikes.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>82827495
>Because he's a fine actor
>>
>>82827023
Wrong series anon, this is Seth-kino.
>>
I hope this is good but Seth McFarlane comedies tend to be mean spirited and ugly so I have very low hopes.
>>
>>82821287
>>82821350
>bad sfx
>bad acting
>not funny
>no sexy ayy lmaos
why should I watch this?
>>
>>82826048
too bad the models are shit
>>
>>82826692
Pretty much, and as expected it's shit, just like the actual American Red Dwarf
>>
>>82822794
STAR WARS IS NOT SCI FI IT'S A FUCKING FAIRY TALE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82821350

Jesus, he does not have any on-screen personality whatsoever
>>
>>82826644
I hope so, I miss it
>>
>>82821918
Rick and Morty is pretentious reddit humor and this is just dumb normie humor
>>
>>82821287
>seth macfail set sails for fail funny tiem star trek rape
Only anime can save us now
>>
>Literally sound effects taken straight out of Star Trek

How is that legal
>>
>>82821508
>muh classic rock soundtrack
>>
Trailer looked funny, and Jon Favreau is directing which I'm cool with.

As long as it doesn't descend into Family Guy non-stop dick and fart jokes it might be pretty good
>>
>>82826689
Oh my fuck. Brilliant. So brilliant that it would never be made in a 1000 years. Because Hollywood is too fucking stupid to make good entertainment.
>>
I kinda with Seth Green was the helmsman. Joker was my favorite character in Mass Effect.
>>
File: no.jpg (60KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
60KB, 500x441px
>>82821287
I JUST WANT MORE OTHER SPACE

not this trash

looks like they are leaning too heavily on da Dar Peck
>>
>>82825499
- Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat)
- Andrew Robinson (Garak)
- Armin Shimmerman (Quark)
- Brent Spiner (Data)
- Tim Russ (Tuvok)
>>
It looks so fucking bland, I mean holy jesus christ why would anyone watch this over Galaxy Quest or Red Dwarf?
>>
>>82821287
>400 years in the future
>U.S.S.

lel
>>
>>82827023
Oh look, a butthurd Christfag who has never watched Star Trek. That's the entire plot of Star Trek V. "What would God want with a starship?"
>>
>>82827446
I want m00t to give me the succ
>>
>>82831678
McFarline wanted to be the captain on Star Trek Discovery and no one wanted him so he decided to make this instead.
>>
>Even Seth fucking MacFarlane's Star Trek parody will be less in your face liberal than the actual Star Trek show
>>
>>82830286

Don't you mean Red Dwarf in general?
>>
Does Halston get naked?
>>
>>82826689
>>82831517
They should do the first take where he just says whatever he wants, then another take where he doesn't say anything, just so they don't get too derailed.
>>
>>82822997
TFW Orville posting.
>>
File: Q_portrait.jpg (26KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Q_portrait.jpg
26KB, 300x400px
>>82827023
God has been on Star Trek lots of times pretending to be an alien while guiding the universe. This is cannon.
>>
>Trailer looks good
>Some comfy light-hearted scifi
>Come to /tv/ to see how it's being received
>REEEEEEEing everywhere

Now I know it'll be good.
>>
>inb4 the show is actual Star Trek kinda stuff but Seth had to sell it as a parody to have it greenlit
>>
>>82832101

If Q is in Discovery, there's no way the character will be white. Whites cannot be portrayed as superior in 2017.
>>
>>82821287
>None of the female characters are contractually squeezed into a catsuit so sweaty nerds can masturbate over them

Already a more mature science fiction program than actual Star Trek then
>>
This is going to be the next The Big Bang Theory. An entertaining show that instantly triggers /tv/ whenever it's mentioned.
>>
>>82832266
Q was never portrayed as superior, just a cunt.
>>
ugh

so its galaxy quest but horrible.

bravo seth
>>
File: 1463838107936.png (199KB, 548x414px) Image search: [Google]
1463838107936.png
199KB, 548x414px
>>82821287
>The obligatory stronk fighter womyn who can beat up all those patriarchal misogynist menz.
>>
>>82832207
This is what I hope it is. A less serious take on Star Trek with jokes rather than just a straight parody of Star Trek. I can't see how the latter could be stretched over a whole season of 13 hours without getting stale.
>>
Might not actually be complete shit.

probably will be though, hope norm and scott grimes get a decent amount of screentime.
>>
>>82832405
i dunno red dwarf seemed to work for a little while.
>>
>>82832383
no one normal cares /r9k/, she's qt
>>
>>82832170
>>82832309
>>82832481
>go on /tv/
>spend hours complaining about /tv/
>>
File: sound.jpg (73KB, 602x846px) Image search: [Google]
sound.jpg
73KB, 602x846px
>>82821689
true
>>
>>82832468
Red Dwarf was closer to Star Trek's 'dilemma of the week' than a flat-out parody like say, Space Balls.

It had it's own stories, like the killer vindaloo, that weren't really ripping off any specific Star Trek episode.
>>
>>82832507
I don't feel my post deserved to be included, all I said was the stronk ayyy womyn was qt ;__;
>>
Who the hell is letting him do another movie after that terrible western
>>
>>82821287
I've always felt bad for McFarlane. You can tell by all the musical numbers in Family Guy and the record releases that he really wanted to break into theater. Somewhere along the line he realized he wasn't talented enough and decided to stick to what he knew.
Reminds me of myself.
>>
well, he managed to make me believe hes ruining a franchise I care nothing about.
>>
>>82821689
That's a pretty low bar. Say what you like about his sense of humour/lack thereof, at least McFarlane can produce a tv show on schedule without it turning into a massive shitshow.
>>
>>82832589
Life is all about settling for 'good enough'.
>>
File: IMG_4881.jpg (170KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4881.jpg
170KB, 630x1200px
>>82821287
Feels good knowing that my waifu has a job now.
>>
>>82832645
>a parody of something can ruin a 50+ year old franchise by being mediocre

100% pure refined autism.
>>
>Seth
How many minutes in before we get a one liner about 'remember those dumb republicans that are completely extinct now'? I am going to go with a very conservative 17 minutes runtime.
>>
>>82832686
Good enough for Seth was missing his flight into the Twin Towers that morning. He should wake up every day and thank the universe for that one. Everything else is just a bonus.
>>
>>82832589
>I've always felt bad for McFarlane.

He's rich. Never pity with wealthy.
>>
>>82832688

This show will be cancelled after three episodes, she better have a backup plan
>>
>>82821287
Palicki's head looks fat and it makes her look like every single mother working as a babysitter I've ever seen.
>>
>They're using actual ship models as well as CGI

Already better than Sexually Transmitted: Disease.
>>
>>82825499
Brent Spiner
Andrew Robinson
Marc Alaimo
Armin Shimmerman
Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi
>>
>>82832819
Well Fox ordered a 13 episode series so she's getting/got at least 13 paycheques.
>>
>>82832507
>/tv/ being this triggered
>>
>>82821287
>>82821350

Huh. I expected them to be making fun of Star Trek and the whole hopeful future idea. Instead it's that idea played fairly straight but with a lot more jokes than normal for Trek. Actually not as shitty as I expected.
>>
>>82826205
DeNiro takes those shitty jobs because his wife spent all his money. Dumb faggot married a bitch.
>>
>>82825499
Spiner. Underrated actor.
>>
>>82821287
>a mid-level exploratory vessel
>the best helmsman in the fleet

?
>>
File: MTM.jpg (163KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MTM.jpg
163KB, 666x1000px
>>82822278
Based Norm as voice of "Pigeon" in Mike Tyson Mysteries.

Cancelled? I dunno ... but it was/is great.
>>
>saw text on the trailor that said "this is your last chance" then got sad when i realized it was meant for seths character, and not actually for seth
>>
>>82826081
You've got a fucking funny looking vagina if it looks like that.
>>
>>82832987

In the trailer he seems to be an alcoholic. So too good to kick out, too fucked up to use in a prime slot. I guess that's the joke.
>>
>>82833002

If he fucks this up it will be his most costly disaster to date. So it might not be his last chance, but man will it fuck him over.
>>
>>82832987
>who has problems with authority

Nothing fucks your promotion prospects like being a pain in your bosses' arse.
>>
>>82822865
fags who get bent over SW "not really sci-fi" are all drama queens who love the attn it gets them.
>>
I have no idea why someone as uncontroversial as Seth McFarlane is so hated on /tv/.

It's not like he's a major political figure or social engineering advocate, he's voice actor/writer for light comedies.
>>
>>82825073
I got many keks from that movie.
>>
>>82825499
>Nimoy

TV Nimoy, yes. Movie era Nimoy, not so much
>>
>>82821287
>>82821350
If the funniest bits are in the trailer to get you to watch it, I am not impressed.
>>
>>82825628
>Avery Brooks

nah
>>
>>82832999
Witnessed.

Still going apparently but it's Adult Swim, so you'll be waiting 2 years.
>>
>>82832999
>>82833311
Season 3 premiered 2 days ago you dummies.
>>
>>82825863
I do too. Sometimes FG is a miss but I like his shit overall. Thought he was the best host on CC's Celeb Roast.

There's always hate for anything.
>>
File: 1461838122882.jpg (125KB, 363x463px) Image search: [Google]
1461838122882.jpg
125KB, 363x463px
>>82821287
Was that supposed to be funny just because they put a little bit of classic rock jingle to the trailer and commented on things that are supposedly normal in their surroundings?

Did he learn nothing from that shitty western movie?
>>
>>82826488
I agree
>>
>>82833491
>that shitty western movie

The one that was a financial success? I guess he learned something.
>>
>>82831621
Other than Stewart, these actors are better than the initial list.

nice
>>
>>82833566
>intellectually stimulating.
>episode has abe lincoln show up and comment on slavery.
>>
>>82833719
The it made money meme
>>
>>82832785
Yep. He seethes with estrogen when it comes to politics. Pretty fuckin low given that he got support from conservatives only when he bombed that award show he hosted.
>>
>>82833401
Oh shit! Thanks anon.

>begins preliminary ceremony for EFFORT
>>
>>82833753
Oh yeah, right? Good one. Sure was great.
>>
>>82821287
Why does Fox keep releasing god awful shows?
>>
>>82821508
>stupid parody

The show really doesn't look that silly. It's classified as a drama comedy.
>>
>>82821809
>But whilst I think McFarlane is perfect to write it, acting in it is a bad choice. He seems so forced and awkward.

The problem is that it looks like he's playing himself or an everyman in this, Seth excels as a character actor which his cartoons are a success.
>>
>>82834308
His voice acting is terrific, I'm surprised that he doesn't just stick to animated shows. Full creative control and he can do as many songs as he wants.
>>
>>82821287
This legitimately looks like garbage.
>>
File: discordthinking.png (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
discordthinking.png
12KB, 160x160px
Is it wrong that I snickered at the framing joke?
>>
>>82834422
yes.
>>
>>82825863
Patrick Warburton could be fantastic in a leading role and he's loved by millennials because he voiced Kronk.
He was also one of the best parts of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
>>
>>82826205
>Bruce Willis' career in general post 2005.
This is the worse one. Bruce Willis is such an underrated actor.
>>
>>82834492
>he's loved by millennials because he voiced Kronk.

He's loved by millennials for his voice acting in family guy. No one has ever heard of Kronk.
>>
>>82834526
He'll redeem himself in the Shyamalan Avengers flick.
>>
>>82825499
Picardo
Combs
>>
File: sitcom_53.jpg (29KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
sitcom_53.jpg
29KB, 300x250px
>a comedy star trek parody
So original
>>
>>82834474
fug
>>
>>82834369
I feel shitty even having this thought, but I wonder how'd he do making animated films.
>>
>>82834529
You're completely out of touch with reality.
I guarantee you more people love The Emperor's New Groove than they do Family Guy.
Family Guy hasn't even been relevant in years, almost everybody acknowledges that American Dad is better in every way.
>>
>>82821287
This hack hasn't been funny in years. This is going to be total shit.
>>
>>82821287
>quip trek

my heart says pass but my retard brain says well okay
>>
>what if Barclay was captain
>>
>>82834529
bitch please
>>
File: 1489597041575.jpg (971KB, 1205x940px) Image search: [Google]
1489597041575.jpg
971KB, 1205x940px
I know /tv/ hates Seth MccFarlane but it doesnt look half bad. At least it has better CG then anything from the UK; their CGI is a fucking shit show and its fucking 2017
>>
that black chick from DS9 barely looks any older here. Guess black really don't crack.
>>
>>82825499
Seriously, nigga?

Dr. McCoy/DeForest Kelley was one of the most celebrated character actors of his day. He was all over old westerns, in a few John Ford movies, and early television besides.
Picardo's had a good career.
Spiner is a good actor, just a massive douchebag.
Brad Dourif had a recurring role on Voyager. One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest was a breakout performance for him and he was great as the doctor on Deadwood.
Brock Peters ie To Kill a Mockingbird
>>
>>82821287
LETS STEAL EVERYTHING EVEN CARACTER DESIGNS FROM GALAXY QUEST LMAO LMAO XDXDXDXDXDCVBÇM>>8283493OJKL.
>>
File: 1465682635116.jpg (12KB, 243x271px) Image search: [Google]
1465682635116.jpg
12KB, 243x271px
>>82834808
>>82835873

I guarantee you you're wrong m8. Family guy is known in shitty third world countries. ENG is American bullshit.
>>
>>82827023
>Oh yeah I can't wait for Seth to meet """""god""""" just to have it turn out to be some alien instead of GOD because God isn't real

Kirk, Spock and Bones themselves literally did this you fucking moron.
>>
>>82821287
I was with you up until Norm Macdonald

into the trash it goes
>>
>I liked Deadwood
>Let's make the writer David Milch a protagonist
seriously wtf

he also has zero charisma, why are they trying to make it a thing? He just does "goofy cuck dad in advertising" in every scene. There are no jokes
>>
>>82824354
Funny enough I think Simon Pegg will play Allen the Alien.
>>
>>82825499

Anyone who played a Cardassian.
>>
>>
>Seth as voice actor
Better than most. can actually pull off a genuine English accent
>Seth as an actual actor
He's a decent looking guy, but that's where it ends.
>>
>>82838998
>can actually pull off a genuine English accent
You're American aren't you.
>>
>>82839053
I'm sorry, I'm Norwegian, but most of the English accents I've heard other actors do sound like garbage, even to me, but the one Seth does sounds like something a posh Brit might sound like.
>>
>>82839053
>You're American aren't you.
Not him but I'm an Amerifat and no Seth does not have a believable anything accent except maybe Rhode Island trash
>>
Larry and Steve was kind of good. He had actual talent before he sold his soul.
>>
>>82821287
>Scott Grimes
I will stab a nigga if he doesn't sing
>>
>>82826081
t.weeb virgin autist
>>
>>82821350
Hey, Babu and notJem'Hadar.
>>
Dude Aliens!
>>
>>82834808
>Family Guy hasn't even been relevant in years
But The Emperor's New Groove has?
>>
>>82821287
looks great! SCIFI is saved!
>>
>>82838600

I wish that meme had staying power.
>>
>>82841060
Uhm sweetie, it's in the new kingdom hearts game
>>
>>82831621
You left out Jeffrey Combs but I forgive you
>>
>>82825499
Alaimo
Shimmerman
Combs
Picardo
Spiner
>>
>>82825838
>Star Trek was probably a career low point for them
Maybe in the first two seasons.

Also Emoji Movie is coming out soon and that's definitely Stewart's new low point.
>>
I would've watched it, if Seth didn't put himself in as an actor
But now I wouldn't even touch it with a ten foot pole
Someone just need to tell him to stop
>>
>>82842041
What's Kingdom Hearts?
>>
>>82822788
kino
>>
File: 1481259832565.jpg (145KB, 460x862px) Image search: [Google]
1481259832565.jpg
145KB, 460x862px
>>82830088
>Halston Sage
>not a sexy ayy lmao
>>82832043
Best Fox can show is panties/bra
Maybe handbra
or handpanties.
>>
>>82825499
Most of the Star Trek cast made for great voice actors. Watch Gargoyles for that.
>>
This seems like it has high production values. Why can't they just film a fucking star trek show like this?
>>
>>82825499
Kate Mulgrew is experiencing success now.
>>
>>82821350

This would have been great like 7 years ago.
>>
>>82826081

It looks like a seed
>>
>>82831214
It ain't me?
>>
>>82832049
Note to self: Watch more Norm
>>
>>82821287

>a copy of a parody
>>
>>82826081
>vagina
>>
i hope they do one of those parallel evil universe episodes i always enjoy those in star trek
>>
>>82842297
- Jeffrey Combs (Brunt, Weyoun, Shran, Tiron, Kevin Mulkahey, Penk, Krem, a holosuite guest, Commander Suldok)
>>
i look forward to watching this

but there's going to be far less humor than people expect

also
> 60 minutes
big fucking mistake
>>
Looks great, I hope they can get a bunch of TNG actors in cameo roles
>>
>>82821287
>Literally just a knockoff Star Trek with jokes
This isn't a "satire". From the trailer there is no indication it attempts to make fun of tropes in the source material. It's just a comedy series but in space
>>
File: Lt. Cmdr Troi.jpg (210KB, 633x843px) Image search: [Google]
Lt. Cmdr Troi.jpg
210KB, 633x843px
>>82833774
>domestic gross 43 million
>production budget 40 million
This guy sounds perfect for creating a Trek series
>>
>>82834624
Looks British (aka bad)
>>
>>82825838
>amazingly popular franchise that immortalizes actors to its fandom
>career low point

yeah right
>>
>>82822875
I was just thinking about it few moments ago
>>
>>82821287
>DUDE ATHEISM LMAO
>DUDE POP CULTURE
>DUDE TRUMP SUCKS LMAO
>>
>>82850225
where were those elements in the trailer?
Thread posts: 292
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.