[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant vs Alien 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: alien-ripley.jpg (31KB, 607x405px) Image search: [Google]
alien-ripley.jpg
31KB, 607x405px
Now that the dust has settled, was Covenant worth losing Blomkamp's Alien 5 for? Be honest.
>>
>>82810103
>Blomkamp

fuck off colbertposter
>>
>>82810103
Blomkamp is garbage.

>>82810175
for once it's really someone's name instead of a shitpost
>>
Blompkamp is a hack with more failures than successes. Ridley Scott is the opposite.
>>
>>82810103
>worth losing Blomkamp's Alien 5 for?
It was never even confirmed as ever going to happen.
Blomkamp has only ever made one good movie and he knows it because he was sharing early concept art to try and generate hype and interest in him directing an Alien movie.
>>
>>82810254
Maybe his career will move in the opposite direction? Scott started with hits and then went to shit. Blomkamp's early stuff is mostly trash and will improve with time.
>>
>>82810254

>Ridley Scott
>Not a studio hack

Lol ok bud, two of his most iconic movies are built on Dan O'Bannon's creative prowess an the rest are simply varying degrees of mediocre. He hasn't made a truly memorable movie since Gladiator, well in it's second decade. And the last 5 movies he put out were straight up trash.
>>
>>82810103
Blombkamp would've made a shit alien 5 anyway.

Although he wouldn't have killed off Noomi Rapace in his movie and fucked up what little Prometheus did well so maybe I'd have preferred it.
>>
>>82810103
Alien 5 would have been better. At least then we'd get Michael Biehn again.
>>
>>82811427
> And the last 5 movies he put out were straight up trash.
The Martian was decent.
>>
I think Alien Covenant was a good film, though I've only seen it once so will undoubtedly pick up on some bad points here and there on a further viewing. I think Scott has a tendency to have loads of really good ideas and then try to cram them into two hours which ends up with certain events or characters not being fleshed out enough resulting in a lesser quality, Alien was basically

1. distress signal
2. oh shit facehugger
3. chestburster
4. dealing with the alien

Whereas Prometheus and Covenant are both all of the above, and then ancient civilization and neomorphs and goo etc. with the meaning of humanity plugged in somewhere and a groundcrew, space crew, colonists.

I think I'd prefer a dumbed down but well produced slasher Alien, or a more intelligent/better paced but less frantic-action oriented Prometheus. Covenant was a balance between the two, and again, I really liked it - but two hours is not a lot of time to get all this stuff done well. Hopeful we'll have a DC or something in future.
>>
>>82811845

Yeah it was so decent they had to pidgeonhole it as a comedy at the Globes.
>>
>Blompkamp

So a alien movie in South Africa?
>>
>>82811901
To add to this, I don't think Blomkamp is a good film maker, I didn't understand the hype for D9, and thought his work afterwards was very generic and I'd retire myself if I ever saw Die Antwoord battling aliens to their "music". I don't think his style would suit a film with a eerie atmosphere and we would have ended up with something very mediocre if not straight terrible. So I'm glad Ridley is back, and looking to more at least 3 more films.
>>
>>82810103
Neither of them do the franchise any favours.
>>
>>82811956

Starring Sharlto Copley
>>
>>82811901
>>82811996

>really good ideas
>Ridley is back
>3 more films

This is pasta from reddit, right?
>>
>zzszzeh, eh, alien, right?
>right. alien. film i did in the uh, seventies. space. thing comes out.
>eeeeh wevvvv got... heroine. big gun. no wait that wazzuh, cameron. whatever we'll have a big gun. audience will luvvit.
>ummm
>jesus and god. why not. some kingdom of heaven in space. is genius.
>zzsse, ehhh.. kills the alien
>throw a little ripley in there
>>
>>82812335

Did you see the Covenant interview? You're closer to the truth than you realize. The reporter gives an opener about the movie, and Ridley starts rambling about eating cheeseburgers with Walter Hill in the 70's. What's really uncomfortable is that he looks younger than his age, and then when he starts talking it's straight up "oh grandpa just having one of his moments, time to take him to his room wesley"
>>
>>82811996
D9 was a good film, very groundbreaking by its time, but then Blompkamp made the same movie two more times and he ended himself
>>
It would have been worth seeing Blompo's Alien just to hear Sharlto Copley say

FUCKING XENO'S in his SA accent.
>>
It would have been faggy fanfiction. Pass
>>
>>82813352

At least it would've been actually entertainment in as opposed to Ridley 's "Incoherent Mess" and "Incoherent Mess II: Android Bogaloo
>>
>>82810103
Stop posting that retarded illustration that actually illustrates Weaver being trapped forever in a shitty franchise.
>>
>>82813568
As bad as Prometheus and Covenant are they are still miles better than anything Blomkamp made post D9.
>>
>>82810103
I'd rather have ridley ruin his own thing than watching this retarded looking shit

also it disgusts me that some twerp asshole wants to undo Alien3 with his own fan fiction retcon
>>
>>82812753
That isn't bad. Is like a interview with David Lynch.
>>
>>82814362
this.
>>
>>82813568
there is nothing incoherent or messy about prometheus (outside of the terrible editing job) or covenant, in fact they are quite shallow and simplistic and they beat you over the head multiple times with their themes and plot points, I can't see what would make such simple movies incoherent
>>
Blokeamp is good at one thing, and its designing alien tech/sci-fi post apocalypse worlds. If he was art director of an aliens movie, it would be amazing
>>
>>82810103
I would've preferred a Blomkamp film.
Scott is an arrogant prick who's already destroyed the concepts of the Alien Queen and AvP in the new series just because he wasn't involved when they were introduced to audiences.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.