[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has he made a good film in a decade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: RIDLEY-SCOTT.jpg (90KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RIDLEY-SCOTT.jpg
90KB, 1000x1500px
Has he made a good film in a decade?
>>
>Gladiator

He's well into his second decade without a good film already.
>>
>>82798387
American Gangster was decent. Black Hawk Down was okay. Matchstick Men was good.
>>
>>82798450

Mediocre, mediocre and very mediocre. They're passable for a sunday afternoon, but they're not "good" good.
>>
>>82798615
Boy you really have it for Ridley huh
>>
>>82798257
A Good Year.
>>
>>82798692

He's a very competent director on a technical level, but he clearly can't cut it on his own and needs a strong creative team to support him. You have a decade and a half of hits and cult classics, then the Gladiator, and after that he just flatlines completely. I don't "have it" for him in any way, it's just how it is.
>>
>>82798710
It has probably zero conflict but somehow manages to be so enjoyable.
>>
>>82798257
He never made a single good movie to begin with.
>>
>>82798615
>They're passable for a sunday afternoon
Yeah, Matchstick Men is the king of sunday afternoon. Cage is great playing himself.

But yeah, answer to >>82798257 depends on how much you liked Gladiator. I thought it was a mediocre movie that looked like a Pepsi commercial.

Alien and Blade Runner are still the best things he's done.
>>
File: Dan The Man.jpg (132KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dan The Man.jpg
132KB, 800x450px
>>82799070

>Alien and Blade Runner are still the best things he's done.

i wonder why he couldn't quite nail it down again since then
>>
The only movie of his other than Alien and Blade Runner that I like is Matchstick Men. I was really disappointed by The Duelists especially with how much praise it gets.
>>
>>82800275

>The Duelists

It's really just felt like discount Barry Lyndon to be honest my dude
>>
That crusader film, extended edition, was great as fuck
>>
>>82802292
Kingdoms of thy Heavens starring Art Carney
>>
>>82802292

>Oops looks like I shot all this footage but don't quite know what to do with it
>Guys you'll just have to wait until I find someone to edit this thing into something acceptable

Cmon son it's not even the only time he did that
>>
>tfw you unironically like GI Jane
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.