[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

It's my dad's favorite show, but I've never watched it.
>>
>>82797079
it's your future, anon, watch it and learn
>>
>>82797079

I used to watch it a lot because it was just on tv in the morning.

I remember half the jobs not being that dirty. Just mildly dusty.
>>
>>82797079
Cue the Occupy faggots crying about wage "slavery" in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>not a product of my circumstances
only boomers can be this dumb.
and /pol/edditors.
>>
comfy and nice
no obnoxious american editing/overacting
>>
>>82797079
>amerislaves
>>
>>82797079
It's boomer garbage
>>
>>82797079
Everything in that pledge is correct. Especially the bit about self-education. I and most everyone is an autodidact to some extent, but the most successful people take it to the extreme.

Reminder that Elon Musk had a chunk of PayPal money and created SpaceX after borrowing every book available at his library on rocket flight, and realizing he could build them better. He might not be designing them himself anymore, but he didn't start the company on a whim.
>>
>>82797168
Somebody is obsessed and it's not who you think.
>>
>>82797481
Elon Musk could only do that because of privilege.
The average black South African never had the same opportunities that someone like Elon--a descendant of imperialist, racist, chauvinistic, capitalist slavers--experienced growing up.
>>
>>82797481
>Everything in that pledge is correct.
no it isn't.
>born ugly
>face challenges that average+ people do not
>not a product of your circumstances

>born poor
>face challenges that average+ people do not

>born short
>face challenges average+ people do not

>born stupid
>face challenges average+ people do not
you and him are morons. especially you for using elon fucking musk as an example.
>>
>>82797553
Cry more, pinko.
>>
>>82797079
>conservashits
>>
>>82797616
did this really happen? did he read 4chan posts about himself on TV?
>>
>>82797573
this
>>
>>82797141
Half the jobs on that show make a ton of money

If you like the work then it's not bad
>>
>>82797079
This is such bullshit. Some kid coming from a home with uneducated and abusive parents is probably gonna wind up on drugs.
>>
>tapping into three year old images for (You)'s
The well is really running dry.
>>
>>82797573
>>82797706
OUT OUT OUT
>>
>>82797693
he was asking people to file complaints with the FCC for the upcoming hearing on net neutrality like he did the last time the kikes tried to take it away. he was calling for everyone to do it, including the "donald trump army on 4chan" because "this is one of the few things we actually agree on." it's even funnier because drumpfkins are okay with net neutrality being canned as long as trump says so.
>>
>>82797573
>calling african american elon musk racist

Fuck you and fuck drumpf
>>
>>82797146
To any comfy suburban American, anything dealing with hand's on labor is considered dirty and terrible.
>>
>>82797481
Did you learn how to read alone?
>>
>>82797612
And if you go through life thinking your failure stems from disadvantages you think you were born with, you'll never be able to acknowledge and correct things that actually are your fault, and you're going to fail
>>
>>82797765
the anon whose post got chosen must feel like a fucking rock star.
>>
>>82797612
Anon, nobody can fix you being born ugly, poor, short, and stupid. At most you can just force them to lie to you about it.
>>
>>82797866
It didn't even get any replies, check the archive.
>>
>>82797079
If he's talking about a job you would hate doing, makes you feel better about your job. If it's a job you wouldn't mind doing then it gives you ideas. If you don't have a job and don't want one, it will cause panic attacks.
>>
>>82797612
Stupid is the only legitimate point you have. A smart, or just not fucking dumb, person can face the challenges of being ugly, short, and poor and still make something decent out of themselves.
>>
>>82797481
>Elon Musk

Ah, the guy that jumped the space bandwagon after le ebil gubmints of USA and USSR did all the hard work, just to suck some governmental tit with all hype and no real results.

But, I suppose, if you want to be a fraud, then sure, "borrowing every book" and "self-education" would work, kek.
>>
Anyone who says there is no such thing as a bad job has never had to work one for a long time.
>>
>>82797914
Incorrect.
I am a poor, ugly manlet, and society is to blame for my lack of a decent job.
Fuck capitalism nia
>>
>>82797865
>you think you were born with
stopped reading here. if you're unwilling to acknowledge the reality of those disadvantages there is no reason to have a discussion with you.
>>82797914
>can face
they can (not often though: https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/07/social-mobility-america/491240/), but here's the thing, that pledge says:
>...not my circumstances. I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face.
which is moronic because the challenges i listed are 100% products of circumstance.
>>
>>82797693
He also got butthurt that everyone found out his penthouse was under his dog's name so he could pretend to be with the 'resistance' or whatever LARPing he was doing.
>>
File: 1442604142252.jpg (122KB, 357x433px) Image search: [Google]
1442604142252.jpg
122KB, 357x433px
>>82797765
>treat everyone who disagrees with you as some sort of crazed neo nazi
>WTF WHY AREN'T THEY HELPING MY CAUSE FUCKING DRUMPFKINS

for the record I support net neutrality
>>
>>82797079
Friendly reminder that Mike Rowe is a faggot actor who worked on stage instead of working dirty jobs
>>
>>82797914
>Something decent.

While some bimbo will earn several dozen times more money than you just because he/she has pretty face.

Compare D.Ritchie and Steve Jobs. Former did MUCH more than latter, and yet, who was the hipster's icon and multibillionaire?
>>
>>82797969
I've worked with short ugly manlets. They tend to bust ass; nobody said it was easy. But they did well for themselves.

Unless you were born black you have nothing to bitch about. Haha, imagine having to be BLACK. Jesus...
>>
>>82798022
Yeah, he is no different from Hollywood whores telling us to start loving rapefugees and show "tolerance".
>>
>>82797950
Probably just baiting but thread's young.

>Ah, the guy that jumped the space bandwagon after le ebil gubmints of USA and USSR did all the hard work
What kind of special faggotry is this. All work is built on the shoulders of predecessors. He did nothing immoral and only sucked a little government teat. His contracts are won, not granted by guarantee.

What's missing from your post: why no one did it on the scale he's doing it, before him. Virgin Galactic had a headstart but that guy isn't serious about the work. Musk is. He's not a normal guy. He's an exceptional individual, and probably an impossible human being to be around.
>>
>>82798009
>crazed neo nazi
i didn't say this. you said this. "drumpfkin" to me only means "i believe donald trump can do no wrong;" a common sentiment among /pol/tards.
there are people on /pol/ that are 100% okay with net neutrality being axed because trump-appointed pajeet says it should be. they are okay with encryption being made illegal or key-handover laws being legislated ala the UK because trump says it should be. they are so oblivious that they don't even realize their epic echo chamber that causes meme magic will be thoroughly assfucked if that happens.

polite sage for cancerous off-topic discussion.
>>
>>82797168
yeah how dare people not want to work for free
>>
People like Mike Rowe are the worst people at work. The cheery motherfuckers that want to be there. Fuck you, I'd rather be smoking PCP and melt into my couch.
>>
>>82798053
>you have nothing to bitch about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
people literally think tall attractive people are better at literally everything and morally superior simply because they are tall and attractive. you can literally get away with things ugly people could not ever hope to get away with. how is this not cause for complaint?
>They tend to bust ass
because they have to. they don't get to coast by on minimal effort like others do simply because they were born in a better spot.
>>
>>82798263
cunts like him are how we ended up with open plan offices instead of comfy cubicles where you can slack off
>>
>>82798006
>which is moronic because the challenges i listed are 100% products of circumstance

Not a product of circumstances, which is correct.

>Compare D.Ritchie and Steve Jobs. Former did MUCH more than latter, and yet, who was the hipster's icon and multibillionaire?

The one who understood marketing and how to manipulate people. Dennis Ritchie was more born into his career than Steve Jobs.
>>
>>82798298
>used based dennis as an example of this
Dennis Ritchie is directly or indirectly responsible for nearly every important software development in the last 30 years and next to no one remembered his death or even knew his name. largely because he was an fat ugly autist computer programmer.
>born into his position
Jobs' grandfather was a fucking millionaire; he was never poor. Ritchie's father was a bell labs employee. what are you getting at?
>>
>>82797914
>good looking people get handed literally everything in life via social validation, distraction and motivation
>not a valid point
>>
>>82798616
>Dennis Ritchie is directly or indirectly responsible for nearly every important software development in the last 30 years

>this is what c-tards actually believe
>>
>>82799118
t. javascript """""""""artisan"""""""""
>>
>>82797141
>thinks something is wrong with manual labor

You would uppity asshole. Do work on your own car when it breaks? i bet you pay a fortune to mechanics and plumbers roofers lawn workers etc.
>>
>>82797146
There are only so many truly dirty jobs. There were 8 seasons and 169 episodes they had to widen their criteria.
>>
>>82798142

>What kind of special faggotry is this

When he comes with some EXCEPTIONALLY NEW and revolutionary concept, instead of huffing and puffing into years of hipster faggots, than we will talk.

Until that your example of "le good billionaire who did all by himself", is invalid. Sanke Oil traders are not useful to society. Period.
>>
>>82798298

>The one who understood marketing and how to manipulate people

D-do you say that invisible hand of market doesn't praise hard work and usefulness of individual? You fucking commie!

t. every lolbertarian or ancap retard.
>>
>>82798022
>>82798117
>>82798263
>>82798288

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or you people just don't know who Mike Rowe is.
>>
File: Xenophobic-murder-SA[1].jpg (41KB, 569x380px) Image search: [Google]
Xenophobic-murder-SA[1].jpg
41KB, 569x380px
>>82797573

>t. Nigger

The average South African also doesn't have a 160+ IQ.
>>
File: 1484357180259.gif (96KB, 239x306px) Image search: [Google]
1484357180259.gif
96KB, 239x306px
>>82797224
>comfy-tier
I may have to check it out
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.