[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 10

File: humanity's darkest hour.jpg (91KB, 511x755px) Image search: [Google]
humanity's darkest hour.jpg
91KB, 511x755px
Is this truly the worst animated movie to ever exist? Can anything else come close?
>>
File: 1475931370759.gif (824KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1475931370759.gif
824KB, 785x757px
>>82792579
>Bear to be different
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 1000x1500px
>the one scene where they going though New York at night and the streets are completely empty

This is beyond flick. This is full on joint.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>82792579
Looks like you could use a donut
>>
>>82793461
dungeon keeper has hit rock bottom
>>
>>82792579
This is worse
>>
File: 1494870929777.jpg (81KB, 511x755px) Image search: [Google]
1494870929777.jpg
81KB, 511x755px
>>82792579
>>
File: Doogal_poster.jpg (81KB, 337x499px) Image search: [Google]
Doogal_poster.jpg
81KB, 337x499px
According to William H. Macy, Harvey Weinstein saw the film and decided to do an American version. On 24 February 2006, the film was released in the United States as Doogal, and was produced by The Weinstein Company. In the United States version, where audiences are unfamiliar with the series, the majority of original United Kingdom voices have been dubbed over by celebrities more familiar to the United States, such as Chevy Chase (Train), Jimmy Fallon (Dylan), Whoopi Goldberg (Ermintrude), William H. Macy (Brian), Kevin Smith (Moose) and Jon Stewart (Zeebad).

Only two original voices remained – those of Kylie Minogue and Ian McKellen (although Kylie Minogue's original recordings were not present in the United States version for she had re-dubbed her own voice in an American accent, with some of her lines changed). The United States version also features Daniel Tay (Doogal), Bill Hader (Sam) and Judi Dench (narrator). Writer Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents) rewrote the storyline to accommodate multiple pop culture references (mostly from The Lord of the Rings) and flatulence jokes (neither of which were present in the original release).

>Changes in the US Version[edit]
Zebedee's nightmare, the opening sequence, Dylan and Ermintrude's musical number, and various other scenes are shortened for time.
Narration by Judi Dench is heard throughout the film.

"Dougal" is spelt as "Doogal" in this version, possibly to prevent any mispronunciation with the voice actors.

Much of the original dialogue is changed, with the main addition of pop culture references.
Wacky cartoon sound effects are added into some scenes.

Zeebad, Soldier Sam, and Ermintrude's personalities are heavily changed from their original versions.

Some bits of the original music is changed or removed, as well as some of the sound effects.
>>
>>82795285
Many British words are changed to more American words, such as "Roundabout" being changed to "Carousel" or "Merry Go Round".

Additional dialogue and various one-liners are added into scenes that were originally silent.

The narration implies that Zebedee's reason for not joining with Doogal and the others on their quest was because he went to search for Zeebad; in the original, it was because he had to stay behind to guard the roundabout.

Characters such as the Moose and the Skeletons are given dialogue despite being silent in the original.

Fart noises are added in for the Moose as a running gag of him constantly breaking wind.

Train is given much less dialogue than in the original version.

Every shot of Zeebad's ice palace is cut; glimpses of the palace can be seen in the background in a few shots, but is not shown in full view.

During the scene of Zeebad trying to interrogate Doogal, a brief flashback depicting Florence trapped in the icy carousel is shown.

An additional song entitled Simply Wonderful by Andrea Remanda and Goldust is added in.

A sequence that featured the song Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra was moved to the very end of the film, serving it as the ending to the movie; in the original version, the scene was actually a dream sequence that appeared in the middle of the film.

The characters find out the third diamond is hidden in the carousel through hieroglyphics at the temple; in the original version Zebedee already informed them that the third diamond was there before they set off on their journey.

An entire scene in which Doogal has a nightmare about Florence is cut.

Instead of Brian, it's Doogal who finds the village.

A scene where Doogal and the others are wondering through the frozen village before encountering Zeebad is removed.

The scene where Zebedee is revealed to be alive is shown after Florence questions where he is; in the original it was shown right after Zeebad was defeated.
>>
>>82795325
A post-credit scene of Zeebad in his prison is completely removed.

Behind the Scenes footage of the American actors recording for the film is added into the end credits.

A second post-credit scene of Zebedee saying to the audience "Time for Bed" is moved to the end of the credits instead of midway.

Unlike the original film (which was well received), the movie was panned by critics. On Rotten Tomatoes, it received an aggregate score of 8% based on 49 reviews (4 "fresh" and 45 "rotten"), with the consensus: "Overloaded with pop culture references, but lacking in compelling characters and plot, Doogal is too simple-minded even for the kiddies";[5] the website ranked it the 82nd worst reviewed movie of the 2000s.[6] It has a score of 23 out of 100 ("generally unfavorable") on Metacritic, and an F rating from Entertainment Weekly writing that "very young children should be angry... where is it written that 4-year-olds don't deserve a good story, decent characters, and a modicum of coherence?". It was placed #5 on Ebert & Roeper's Worst of 2006. Michael Phillip of the Chicago Tribune described the film as "Eighty-five minutes you'll never get back."

Randy Miller of DVD Talk says that: "Doogal is, after all, one of the worst excuses for a children's film during this or any year---and if you're really looking for an in-depth analysis of why it's so awful, you don't have to look hard. Filled to the brim with pop culture references and other such gags that'll be even less funny a few years from now, it's like Shrek without the occasional bit of charm and surprise".[7]

Frank Scheck of The Hollywood Reporter wrote "The key frame animation, based on three-dimensional models, is rudimentary, with none of the characters proving visually arresting."

Ned Martel of The New York Times wrote "In Doogal setting the world right again involves a badly paced quest for three diamonds, assorted jokes that don't land, and a daringly incoherent climactic confrontation".[8]
>>
>>82792579
>>
>>82795414
A friend of my always insisted to me "You'd like this, its a good movie"
He isn't my friend anymore.
>>
>>82795469
Seriously, good for you.
It's been a few years at this point and I regret watching it almost everyday.
>>
File: 20170514_181149.jpg (979KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170514_181149.jpg
979KB, 1836x3264px
I call my polar bear skin rug "Norm of the North" in it's honor.
>>
>>82795646
>>82795578
I already opened your pic of your ugly rug once, I'm not doing it again
>>
File: 1494668601968.png (336KB, 503x490px) Image search: [Google]
1494668601968.png
336KB, 503x490px
>>82795701
DO IT
>>
>>82795701
your rugs ugly
>>
>>82795795
My rug is fabulous
>>
>>82795808
If it's not a dead animal or made in Iran it's garbage.
>>
>>82793461
I acctually bought this movie at a 711 because I was bored. First time I fell asleep during a movie.
>>
>>82792852
Man, I was amazed when this came out. Usually when Disney rips off a Dreamworks movie it's at least decent.
>>
The worst animated film was a Puss in Boots one that I saw (was even advertised to look like the Shrek version so that people would be fooled into buying it), it had William Shatner as the voice of the cat but I can't remember much about it apart from the awful menu song that was pure kazoo
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.