[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Orville

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: Orville.jpg (203KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Orville.jpg
203KB, 1200x900px
Are you excited about Seth's new show?
>>
This has the aesthetic of a show that gets cancelled after one season (or after the pilot)
>>
>>82788181
Wanna bet it lasts 5 seasons longer than STD?
>>
>>82788148
I'll bet $1000 dollars he does a "role call" for all the different races etc
>>
>2 blacks and no asians

Not balanced enough for my liking
>>
>>82788237
It's "roll call". Did you honestly believe it was "role call"?
>>
No, it is starring him. 1000 Ways To Die In The West would have been funnier without him.
He should stick to voice roles.
>>
>>82788248
there are 3 blacks
>>
>>82788148
No.
>>
>>82788148
I was going to ask that since this is a McFarlane thing "where's the talking animal?", under closer inspection there seems to be at least seven of them.
>>
YES! I'm a sucker for scifi comedies
>>
>>82788148
>execs actually think people would watch this
???
>>
>>82788261
>Did you honestly believe it was role call
No, I wrote role call because I thought it was roll call.
>>
>>82788386
>implying Son of Zorn
>>
>>82788148
how much do you want to bet he does the voice of the robot, and it's an impression of an old effeminate celebrity
>>
>>82788339
Was that one with that bigtit bitch good?
>>
>>82788444
>how much do you want to bet he does the voice of the robot

Everything I have.

>and it's an impression of an old effeminate celebrity

50/50 odds it's this or a self-insert voice of reason character.
>>
>>82788444
Ha ha, that would be hilarious!
>>
>>82788148
>Are you excited about Seth's new show?
Hes a trek nerd, and produced black science man's cosmos, so I'll give it a shot.
Its a good comedy premise, all depends who the writing team is going to be too.
>>
>>82788533
>nu-cosmos
>creditable
>>
File: galaxy-quest.jpg (27KB, 710x309px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-quest.jpg
27KB, 710x309px
Reminder that every second spent watching/discussing this could be spent re-watching/discussing Galaxy Quest instead.
>>
>>82788566
Nye pls.
>>
Did anyone else experience a deep sadness upon learning of this abomination's existence?
>>
>>82788679
10/10, the best TNG movie never made.
But I've talked it to death at this point.
>>
>>82788148
I FUCKING HATE THIS CUNT HE WORMED HIS WAY ONTO ENTERPRISE NOW FUCKING THIS
>>
>>82788444
I'm thinking this time it's Charles Nelson Reilly.

also:
> "Boy. Thank god our anscestors never fell for that Christianity mumbo-jumbo, or else we wouldn't be exploring the stars in 2017!!!!"
fedoracore maximus
>>
>>82788797
>WORMED HIS WAY ONTO ENTERPRISE
O NO, AN EXTRA WITH LITERALLY THREE BLINK AND YOU MISS THEM CAMEOS AND ONE LINE OF DIALOGUE!
ITS ANUDDA SHOAH!
>>
>>82788726
NDT is at least in the same league as Sagan even if he sucks.

Nye isn't even Mister Wizard tier
>>
File: Orville-qt.jpg (145KB, 460x862px) Image search: [Google]
Orville-qt.jpg
145KB, 460x862px
Who's this big forehead qt? I'd like to sniff her panties!
>>
>>82789285
liberal mouthpiece
>>
Scott Grimes is a good reg. Liked him since Band 'O Brothers.
>>
>>82788148

I'll sniff the panties of the one sitting on the right.
>>
I'll try the pilot.
>>
It's gonna make fun of all the tropes with Star Trek. No one's EVER done that before.
>>
>THE ORVILLE is a one-hour science fiction series set 400 years in the future that follows the adventures of the U.S.S. Orville, a mid-level exploratory vessel. Its crew, both human and alien, faces the wonders and dangers of outer space, while also dealing with the familiar, often humorous problems of regular people in a workplace…even though some of those people are from other planets, and the workplace is a faster-than-light spaceship. In the 25th century, Earth is part of the Planetary Union, a far-reaching, advanced and mostly peaceful civilization with a fleet of 3,000 ships. Down on his luck after a bitter divorce, Planetary Union officer ED MERCER (MacFarlane) finally gets his chance to command one of these ships: the U.S.S. Orville. Determined to prove his worth and write a new chapter in his life, Ed finds that task all the more difficult when the First Officer assigned to his ship is his ex-wife, KELLY GRAYSON (Adrianne Palicki). As the new commander, Ed assembles a qualified, but eccentric crew, including his best friend, GORDON MALLOY (Scott Grimes), who has problems with authority, but is the best helmsman in the fleet; DR. CLAIRE FINN (Penny Johnson Jerald), one of the Union’s most accomplished physicians; BORTUS (Peter Macon), an alien from a single-sex species; ISAAC (Mark Jackson), an artificial life-form from a machine society that thinks biological life-forms are inferior; navigator JOHN LAMARR (J. Lee), whose casual humor cuts through even the most dire situations; ALARA KITAN (Halston Sage), a young, inexperienced security officer whose home planet’s high gravity gives her superior physical strength; and YAPHIT, a gelatinous creature voiced by comedian Norm Macdonald. Somehow, Ed and Kelly must put the past behind them and, with the help of the crew, navigate fascinating and sometimes dangerous adventures in outer space, as well as the tumultuous and captivating day-to-day personal relationships with their colleagues.
Creator: Seth Macfarlane
>>
>>82789433
He better occationally sing like in american dad
>>
>>82790043
Sounds amazeballs.
>>
>>82790043
What a bunch of garbage
>Norm Macdonald
Well maybe I'll give it a watch
>>
>>82790043
>who has problems with authority, but is the best helmsman in the fleet
>a mid-level exploratory vessel
perfectly logical
>>
>>82790385
agreed.
>>
Seth just wants to LARP as Star Trek.
>>
>>82788148
>Mockingbird turns down going back to SHIELD for a shitty Red Dwarf/Other Space show which will be canned within 3
kek.
>>
is that jim jefferies?
>>
>>82791363
Yeah since the upcoming Star trek will be shit this might have to do
>>
>>82788533
I'd be more enthusiastic about it if he hadn't cast himself in the lead. He really needs to understand that he has zero charisma outside of voice acting.
>>
>>82788148
Who keeps giving this guy money?
>>
>>82791478
>turns down going back to SHIELD

sauce?
>>
off topic, but could a man legally show his taint on tv in america? just taint, no ass or balls
>>
>>82790043

I didn't give a fuck until I saw Norm was involved. I'll watch it.
>>
>>82788148
all he does is make things worse
>>
>>82790043
I see someone finally made my Reddit comments into a TV show.
>Single gendered species
Sexual organs joke in the pilot, maybe first line from the character.
>>
>>82792040
Depends on how much he can reign in his ego. He might work as a douchebag captain with his head shoved up his own ass. But yeah, its a little troubling.
>>
>>82792588
Seems logistically difficult.
>>
>>82788148
No. I won't be watching it.
>>
I have more faith in Star Trek: Discovery than I do in this, but I still think it's funny that
>parody Star Trek will be on actual television
>real Star Trek will be only be available through internet streaming
>>
>>82793280
Is anything happening with that?
>>
>>82793339
So far they have finished the first two episodes.
>"The anticipation for Star Trek: Discovery continues to build. The cast is fantastic. We have already had a couple of episodes in the can that we’ve seen. So we are very excited. It will launch later this fall." - Les Moonves, May 2017

The first episode will be on television, then the rest will only be online (CBS All Access in America, Netflix everywhere else).

I find that funny.
>>
>>82788181
Yeah it looks like shit
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.