[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a Mattisode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 40

File: telekino.png (993KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
telekino.png
993KB, 1280x738px
>It's a Mattisode
>>
dropped
>>
He has some of the best episodes.
>>
>his punishment must be more severe
>>
Daily Reminder that's there's a reason, for the sunshine!
>>
>>82786709
Did this episode pretty much confirm that episode 7 is going to be about Kevin Jr and David Burton?
>>
Next episode looks like another good one
>>
I just really want something to actually happen in the last episodes that explains what is going on with Kevin. I don't give a shit if they explain the departed or not, but I just want something to happen and not for them to just give a preachy nothing really matters ending.
>>
>>82787171
Fuck you
>>
>>82787194

search your heart anon, you know thats what they are going to do.
>>
shit episode 2bh
not because of Matt tho, just a shit episode
>>
>>82787318
I thought the ending scene with Matt and Burton was the best part desu, other than that, I guess I liked it but not as much as the other Matt episodes.
>>
>>82787171

I doubt we're going to get it, but the Kevin Sr. episode did confirm that there are supernational forces at work (Kevin Sr. remembered setting the fire in his hotel room, which Kevin Jr. witnessed despite being across the world and dead at the time), which was only reinforced by today's episode (Kevin Jr. saw and communicated with David Burton twice in the afterlife, despite not knowing what he looked/sounded like).

The writers have repeatedly said that they looked at the origin stories of prophets when writing Kevin Jr.'s arc, so it would be fair to say that he is a prophet absent any evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>82787498
>Kevin Jr. saw and communicated with David Burton twice in the afterlife, despite not knowing what he looked/sounded like
This can be explained that the dude was famous, so Kevin likely had seen him on TV or heard about him on the radio, thus he was able to manifest in his mind
>>
>>82787625

He was only a local celebrity - why would an American have heard about a bronze medal-winning decathlete and Olympic commentator from Australia?

Granted, we do hear his name in other places before this episode, but Kevin doesn't watch any of those stories.
>>
>The Most Powerful Man in the World (and His Identical Twin Brother)

Hmmmm David Burton brought up the twin thing this episode...
>>
>>82787693
They mention his name a couple of times on TV in season 2, I think. Also, just because they don't show that Kevin specifically hearing about him doesn't mean that he couldn't have heard about it in passing.
>>
>>82786709
Only kind of episode that MATTers
>>
It is incredible how much this show feels different every season. In fact, it feels different every couple of episodes.

I just started watching without any trailers and when season 2 started I thought they were doing an anthology kind of thing every season.
>>
Matt eps are torture!
>>
>>82787999
lindelof has to keep changing it up because he can't into consistent characterization or character development.

Silicon valley is better written than leftovers. But that's not really a fair comparison, as mike judge is a master of his craft.
>>
>>82786993
By the time you get to the first mattisode, you've been punched in the face several times with the "hes trying to be a good person but nothing but bad things will happen to him" idea.
>>
Was that French sequence kino?
>>
>>82787318
>3d3395u
>>
>>82787318
All of season 3 has been shit so far. And not even entertaining shit like the first two seasons. Just straight shit.
>>
For anybody wondering about the French opening, here is the translation. Not sure wether it counts as spoilers but it's really interesting.

Je suis le seul espoir
Im the only hope
La dernière défense d'une espèce au bord de l'extinction
The last defense of a species about to go extinct
Les démonistes nous avait avertis
The "warlocks" warned us
Ces voyants sages de la vérité
These clairvoyant sages saw the truth
Ils ont dit que ces créatures viendraient 7 ans après que les premiers aient été pris
They said the creatures would come 7 years after the first ones were taken
7 ans après le départ
7 years after the departure
Nous étions aveugles des dieux
We were blind of the gods
Maintenant nous chancelons au bord du précipice
We are now on the edge of the ravine
Au bord de la destruction
On the edge of destruction
Des que ce monstre est né nous sommes finis
When this monster is born we are done for
Parce que ce monstre est né pour nous finir
Because this monster will be born to end us
7 têtes 7 bouches de flammes
7 heads and 7 flaming mouths
Nous avons qu'un seul espoir, l'œuf
We have one last hope, the egg
des cartes demonistes je l'ai trouvé
From the warlock maps I found it
Cache dans un nie, des volcans dans la mère
Hidden in a nest, in a volcano in the sea
Merci dieu pour la technologie
Thank god for the technologie
?can't hear????... la bombe nucléaire
The nuclear weapon
Casser la coquille fragile et faire fondre les demons à l'intérieur
To break the fragile shell and melt the demons inside
Dieu que ce missile vole droit et vrai et laisse le trouver le nie du volcan
God, may this missile fly straight and find the nest in the volcano
Et que celui ci soit non éclos et qu'il soit détruit avant qu'il ne détruise le monde
And hopefully this egg wouldn't have hatched yet, and let it destroy it before it destroys the world.
>>
>>82788216
Godzilla end confirmed
>>
>>82787498
I haven't seen Burton's face in over a year + he didn't have a beard or a hat on then.
If I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have had any fucking idea he was the guy on the bridge/guy who told Kevin to sing in the "land of the dead."
>>
Anyone else find it hilarious how Matt has completely forgotten about Nora?
>>
Guys...was it rape?
>>
>>82788439

Yeah, though she gets BTFO so often these days that we shouldn't be too surprised that other characters ignore her
>>
So.....

Is kevin or Matt /our guy/?
>>
>>82788968
Kevin.
>>
>>82788769
Yes
>>
>>82788968
Kevin has never baneposted IRL.
>>
>>82788912
I still think there's more to that Vatican phone call story. It's almost completely forgotten at this point.
>>
>>82788968
Kevin
>>
File: 1390610577091.png (334KB, 551x550px) Image search: [Google]
1390610577091.png
334KB, 551x550px
>it's a Laurie episode
>>
>>82789634
It will have all the Australia crew in it so I am fine with this.
>>
>>82789081
>Vatican phone call

What
>>
>>82788066
This faggot should kill himself and go to Reddit heaven
>>
>>82789656
S2E3 (Lens)
>>
>>82789841
Oh shit was that the one saying that Nora had a demon inside of her or something?
>>
Episodes when they chew out what happened in the most retarded rationalizing way trigger the shit out of me. Like i get that there may not be any supernatural stuff (even though i'm 100% sure that there is supernatural stuff) and that all the narrative that pushes divine things on you is probably there to show that characters have their own story that they consider special while it's not special for others but hearing the smoking bitch psychoanalyzing shit and characters talking and saying each other's names a lot is just so fucking disengaging.

Also what's up with the priest guy and the bdsm-stuff? It's the second time in two seasons that he is restrained in some bizarre way. Also wasn't there some character growth in the last season that made him look beyond himself? Hearing all that holier than though bullshit was painful.
>>
>>82790005
Yup. No worries, it's all behind us now. Or is it!?
>>
>>82790100
To be fair the woman on the phone uses the fact that Evie and her friends "departed" on the same night Nora arrived in Miracle as their main proof. It's probably forgotten now that we know they never departed
>>
>>82787999
The book ended with season 1, so the writers basically did whatever they wanted afterwards.
>>
So does Kevin's dad want him to die so he can talk to Christopher Sunday?
>>
>>82790015
the guy in the MAGA hat last night said
"you say you do things to please me, but you only do it to please yourself" or something to that effect.
I think that's rung true for the whole series, although he has definitely done great work and is easily the most "helpful" and moral character
>>
File: margaret qualley.jpg (743KB, 1992x2988px) Image search: [Google]
margaret qualley.jpg
743KB, 1992x2988px
She's basically cut from the show now?
>>
Was it necessary to show the dicklet in the beginning?
They should have at least made him black if they wanted to show a cock.
>>
>>82791117
good, she was the worst part of it
>>
>>82791117
Why do you guys keep asking this? Yes.
>>
>>82791154
Why did he need to take off his clothes anyway? Something to do with launching the bomb?
>>
>>82791383
HBO.
>>
>>82791383
Absolutely no reason for it that I could tell. Lindelof just wanted to show a flapping cock I guess
>>
>>82791154
More flexibility when you're naked also harder for someone to grab/subdue you. Also HBO nudity quota
>>
>>82788254
Kevin Jr confirmed Godzilla JR
>>
So does this show just not give a fuck about Tom and Jill anymore? I liked Tom and thought he was going somewhere when we thought he was the second Wayne.
>>
>>82791117
Cut her because she refused to be blacked, but the mom said yes and kept the paycheck
>>
>>82791117
Those lips need to be around my throbbing cock
>>
File: Yes I am God.jpg (214KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yes I am God.jpg
214KB, 1920x1080px
What did God mean by this?
>>
>>82792401
Don't research that. It's a rabbit hole inside of another rabbit hole z
>>
>>82792401
theme of identical twins for seemingly no reason
>>
File: DSC03998.jpg (183KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03998.jpg
183KB, 1600x1200px
>>82792401
>>
see I can't tell if we are suppose to take what is given to us and consider it bible or to question everything.

so we can assume that that guy was god and those events actually happened like he said or we are suppose to question it and assume he is just some crazy person.
>>
>>82792651
If you met God, what would you say?
>>
this episode
>wtf
>wtf
>wtf
>matt is mad
>matt is fucking blind-brainwashed-cultist
>lol saved
>>
favourite episode of the season desu
>>
>>82786709
I like Mattisodes. The ending on this last one was pretty good. It was redemption for Matt and proof he was correct. I don't like how weird he has gotten about Garvey being the messiah though. I wish he'd go back to how he was in season 1 where he was the voice of reason.
>>
What was the difference between a pimple and a priest again?
>>
>>82792727
Not that anon, but if you met God, you'll not have any questions. That conversation is pretty good imo
>>
>>82792315
His character pretty much came full circle when he told Nora the story about him accepting Kevin as his true father.
>>
>>82792880
I liked that joke. Never heard of it before.
>>
>>82792727
Frasier
>>
File: 1406243590116.jpg (7KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
1406243590116.jpg
7KB, 250x215px
>>82792727
Why do I have no gf?
>>
so what did Kevin wish for that Wayne granted?
>>
Whats the point of this episode?
>>
>>82793068
eternal life?
>>
>>82793068
Getting his family back or something
>>
File: IMG_4116.jpg (104KB, 750x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4116.jpg
104KB, 750x556px
>>82792401
>>
So if god died in the end, does he now go to the hotel and tell Kevin to sing the song?
>>
favorite scene of the show? this is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mynoYJi35Ac
>>
>>82793097
Sounds like John Murphy
>>
>>82793097
thomas isn't a identical twin though, he's named thomas (rough translation of twin) because his name was also judas
>>
>only 3 episodes

There is no fucking way we'll get a good conclusion to this series.
>>
>>82793067
cause you're a retarded faggot. See, didn't need god for that one after all.
>>
File: 1438716622444.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438716622444.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
I don't want to dive into autistic Reddit analysis, but has anyone noticed the overarching theme of the season has been 'igniting skepticism of / debunking' the supernatural, almost to an episode?

>first episode, opens by showing end-time prophets of early America (location unknown?) being disproved and Dave (enigmatic character from the first moments of the pilot) suspected as a crackpot
>second episode, Nora being stymied by technological mishaps, Lily revealed as being a benign custody thing, Mark Lynn Baker
>third episode, Kevin Sr. almost dies and falls into the hands of Grace by pure coincidence
>fourth episode, Kevin Jr. has a vision that is revealed as delusion. stuck in Australia, reunion with father by coincidence.
>fifth episode, Matt thinks he meets "god" but is revealed to be a man with homicidal tendencies

the last episode will have some weird shit, but I feel like they're making a point of avoiding anything overtly supernatural. Nothing that has happened so far as defied rational explanation. WEIRD shit but not obviously supernatural shit like Season 2, which had multiple dead things coming back to life, Matt's wife, etc.

Also no sign of the Guilty Remnant. How did a massive cult organization die off when one fringe group gets Tomahawked?
>>
>>82793166
Too many to have just one here are a few

Patty telling Kevin about Jeopardy
Homeward Bound
Kevin & Nora's fight in S3E4
Kevin eulogizing Patty
John and Kevin meeting in the hospital after John shot Kevin
No one laughs at god
Patty telling Kevin he tried to kill himself

Many more, any scene with Kevin and Patty in season 2 is amazing.
>>
>>82793253
Having everything tied up into a neat little bow would be the worst possible ending something like this could have.
>>
>>82793190
>>82793206
The bible calls him didymus implying he looks a lot like Jesus. I assume people run with that and agrue that Jesus had a twin. I assume that's what the scene was about. A question everything type of scene.
>>
>>82793360
Guilty Remnant didn't die, the show just doesn't focus on them anymore since the characters aren't really affected by them
>>
>>82793360
>the last episode will have some weird shit

The last episode will the reforming of the "family" of the show after traumatic events happen to them (likely Kevin and Nora) the show is about how resilient human's can be despite what insane thing is thrown at them.
>>
>>82793386
What is Kazakhstan?
>>
>>82787135
No.
>>
>>82793573
Dowd and Theroux really had amazing chemistry on screen. That scene is so god damn great. Also do we know if Laurie knew about the jeopardy story and told Kevin? I tend to think she didn't and the hotel was 100% real.
>>
>>82793360
>and Dave (enigmatic character from the first moments of the pilot) suspected as a crackpot

Wait a second who's Dave? Isn't he the "god" guy from the latest episode? I don't remember him being in the pilot, I only remember him in the hotel and on the bridge with Kevin
>>
>>82793738
I think he is talking about Dean the dog killer.
>>
File: 2spoopy.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
2spoopy.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>82793757
Yeah that guy, my bad.
>>
How much of this show has been planned ahead? Is there a reason they just say fuck you to the previous season location? mapleton -> miracle -> melbourne
>>
>>82789678
Hes right though. As silicon valley is a character driven show where characters develop organically while remaining consistent.
>>
>>82793853
Australia offers a lot of film ""credits"" (free taxpayer money) so there's that. New York also has a shitload and I wouldn't be surprised if Texas offers them too.
>>
>>82793253
I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of incident involving the characters and some questions will be answered only to raise more questions and then life will just go on.
>>
>>82788216
Nice shitpost.
The two French songs were actually Aznavour:
First one : Je ne peux pas rentrer chez moi (I can't go home) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6LCW1Yv0w
Lyrics are about a desperate guy who can't go home because his woman is with another man; he is mad and then wishes he could go home and kiss her nonetheless.
Second one : Que c'est triste Venise (How sad is Venise) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8lQEzLDazc
Lyrics are about the end of love (How sad is Venise when we don't love each other anymore etc.)
>>
>>82794054
I bet the last episode is just going to cut-to-black halfway through, because that's lindelof's understanding of the soprano's finale.
>>
>>82793701
Imagine being me in Kazakhstan and watching this kino moment and random namedrop all of the sudden. Felt super weird
>>
I don't get the chainsmoker society: how can people that have no idea what they are doing be such assholes to other people and to even stone one of their own?
>>
>>82793853
There were hints regarding Australia and David Burton early on in S2 so somewhat planned out.
>>
>>82794192
They have the idea. The main purpose of guilty remnant is so people won't forget and move on with their lives, I mean it's in the name. They recruit people who couldn't move on after departure and live their lives and their main mission is to be a constant reminder that departure happened and that people shouldn't pretend that everything is back to normal again.
>>
>>82794164
I felt the same when they mentioned Finland in s3e4. Watched the part couple times and tried to make the name of the professor, but it didn't sound finnish.
>>
>>82793360
I really hope we get to know more about Dean, that whole character was so weird. Remember when Patti said even the fucking GR couldn't find a thing about him and that he was basically a ghost? And the whole thing about dogs taking over the world?
Hopefully we'll get answers but I doubt it
>>
>>82793853
Micheal sends a letter to David Burton in Australia in the season 2 pilot. They planned this out pretty well.
>>
List of "questions" I'd like an answer for but will never get answered:

>everything about the departure
>the MIT research on the departure ("matter of geography")
>the research made by those scientists who believe Nora has a demon inside of her
>the machine that makes you go with the departed (and the question they asked Nora to use the machine about the baby twjns)
>Dean and the dogs
>David Burton and what he said to Kevin on the bridge
>Is Kevin a God?
>how does Nora become Sarah and why doesn't she like the name Kevin?

And the one that's been bugging me the most:
>those 4 women in the car asking Kevin if he is ready (s01e09)

What am I missing?
>>
>>82794963
you're about to get LINDELOFED
>>
>>82794963
>>those 4 women in the car asking Kevin if he is ready (s01e09)

Speaking of that, don't forget the manholes blowing open
>>
>>82794539
Why the smoking, "levels" and all the other bullshit though? I mean they could just do peta stuff without the cult part (unless there is a cult part in peta).
>>
>>82794963
The issue of National geographic.
>>
>>82794687
What the fuck? Why didn't Michael tell Matt about him on the boat? Or did he and I'm just misremembering. Maybe I need to rewatch the episode.
>>
>>82794963
>>how does Nora become Sarah and why doesn't she like the name Kevin?

Only one we will get an answer to.
>>
>>82794164
>>82794574
The twins of /tv/
>>
>>82795032
Oh that's a big one, sure.

>>82795090
I think we'll get to know more about David too, hopefully.

>>82795009
Yeah that entire scene is so fucking weird and it's never mentioned again
>>
>>82795087
In the pilot of s02, you see Michael going to the pillar man and he asks him to send a letter. The letter is for David Burton, in Australia.
Michael has no fucking idea who David is, he just sends it.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82795087
It's been three years since a random guy told him to send a letter to another random guy, you think he would remember the name and tell Matt "oh yeah that guy was friends with pillar man!" ?
>>
>>82793068

>I don't want to die
>>
>>82794963

>everything about the departure

It's never really brought up in dialog but so far it seems that every person that vanished were people that someone else "wished away." See the moment through various people's perspectives

Kevin wishes the woman he cheated with would go away, she does.

Nora is having problems with her family and wishes they would go away, they do.

Laurie wishes that her unborn child would go away, it does.
>>
>>82795379
>>82795543
Oh, I thought you meant Micheal was the one who actually WROTE the letter. My bad, I don't remember much about Season 1 and 2.
>>
>>82792651
It almost doesn't matter if he were a crazy person or not, the confrontation Matt had with his own self was real.
>>
>>82787051
must be the season, desu.
>>
>>82795963
The people that departed were completely random.
>>
>>82795963
thats never going to be the case. they have a whole department that researches depatures and asks them hundreds of weird questions. that pattern would have easily been discovered in their world by now.
>>
>>82794192
>>82794192
how can posters who have no idea what they are watching even post stupid shit?
>>
>>82793068
give me a purpose

he is getting his purpose
>>
>>82792865
but when the captain asked him if he had any urgent business in Melbourne, he said no
>>
>>82796353

There is no obvious pattern if you simply look at who vanished but rather who near them remained. I mean jsut lookat the actual cases we have in the show. The mother with te crying baby in the back of the car. The parents with the adult mongoloid. Everyone fits the pattern I describe.

>>82796364

>that pattern would have easily been discovered in their world by now.

Only if you assume that everyone would answer the question "did you wish the departed would go away at the time of the departure" truthfully. Even if some does, enough people could lie to through the statistics off.
>>
>>82796490
I think he said this because he realizes that he doesn't need to get Kevin back to Jarden, whatever is going to happen will occur wherever Kevin is (at least in Matt's mind)
>>
>>82794056
No, he's not talking about the opening scene, he was posting the translation for the murmuring in the intro song, what came on just before the scene with "Je ne peux pas rentrer chez moi".
>>
>>82789081
They had it in the recap scene for last week's episode, didn't they?
>>
>>82790699
He said he did it for himself. As in, Matt puts himself through all this shit because he thinks that god is challenging him and watching him, and that Matt must be part of something special, but the guy recognized Matt just desperately wanted to be someone special. He wasn't doing it out of devotion and love, but out of expectation that he'd be rewarded.

Which brings on a whole other conversation about religious devotion that I personally think is extremely fascinating. Namely, what are legitimate reasons for following a religion, and is devotion to god in the Abrahamic traditions really devotion if you do it because you expect it's what gets you into heaven?
>>
Was god in the hotel in season 2? i could swear i've seen him before
>>
>>82791117
worst decision made in this series.
fucking shame
>>
>>82797153
He was on the bridge before the well. He said something to Kevin and we still don't know what it was.

He was in the hotel the second time, told Kevin to sing a song.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 786x800px
>>82797153

he's in The Night Of. And with the beard he looks like Bert Kreicher
>>
So what is up with the Burton guy? I was too high to understand what the fuck was going on and dont remember much of prior seasons
>>
File: 0529837.jpg (20KB, 574x323px) Image search: [Google]
0529837.jpg
20KB, 574x323px
Has anyone talked about the fact that apparently both answers, yes and no, are wrong? What the fuck do they want to hear?
>>
>>82797355
He's God.
>>
>>82797355
He was in the hotel when Kevin was there, he died and came back, unlike Kevin a huge deal was made out of it and he is sort of a celebrity.
>>
>>82797355
In the season 2 pilot the pillar man sends him a letter.

In episode 2 we hear him on the tv in the background, the news are talking about this David Burton in Australia coming back to life after dying.

In episode 8 he's on the bridge, tells Kevin where the well is before whispering something to him.

In episode 10 he tells Kevin that if he wants to go back he has to sing a song.
>>
>>82797462
There were a few threads about this last week. I had never seen so many different theories for one plot point.

So the best answer is, we have no idea.
>>
>>82797462

They want to see how you respond to the question. The answer is irrelevant. It's like giving you an impossible to defuse bomb then just observing how you attempt to defuse the bomb and what you do as the timer reaches zero. Do you start to shake, are you swearing, do you try to run, do you ask other people in the room to run, do you throughyourself on the bomb to minimize the blast, etc.
>>
>>82794963
>David Burton and what he said to Kevin on the bridge

aww for fuck sakes I didn't even realise this, and the fucking letter thing from s2

This show really need a "previously on The Leftovers" clip up front
>>
File: 1407884010035.png (108KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1407884010035.png
108KB, 396x385px
Why is this show okay with showing full frontal nudity of guys and guys' asses every episode but we barely get any female nudity? HBO needs to get its priorities straight.
>>
>>82797594
>This show really need a "previously on The Leftovers" clip up front
They have done that for every episode this season.
>>
>>82797594
fuck off

no it doesnt

that shit ruins the episode as its coming up, every show that does this every big reveal is ruined by having to mention what it references to by the previous on

>havnt seen french woman in loads of episodes
>next episode "previous on lost :" and shows the french woman
>french woman reveal is worthless
>>
>>82797597

At least it's not on Starz
>>
>>82797462
I think they're looking for truth. They want people who will honestly answer. Like, maybe the man who killed himself would actually kill the baby, and they know this because they've studied so much of his life, but he said he wouldn't because he thought killing the baby would sound cruel. Nora answered that she would kill the baby to make it sound like she's willing to sacrifice things for the greater good, but in reality we know Nora wouldn't do that.
>>
>>82786709
Mattisodes are bestisodes
>>
>>82797976
They also knew she brought Kevin with her. I know Nora was willing to go then and there but, to them it probably seemed strange that she brought her boyfriend with her when she is going to disappear ....
>>
it honestly doesn't stop getting better.
>>
>>82797815
is he at least slightly chubbed there? or is he a shower not a grower.. mine is so small flacid
>>
>>82797976
>I think they're acting logically

... damon lindelof
>>
>>82794613
I seriously doubt that's being explored. The first episode closed a lot of loopholes and Dean was one of them.
>>
>>82793853
The first season was based off a book. That is the extent of the planning.
>>
>>82786709
MOTHERFUCK I JUST FINISHED SEASON 1 CANT WAIT TO WATCH MORE TAKING A BREAK NOT READING THIS THREAD BYE
>>
>>82798289
Looks like a prosthetic desu. Patriot and Leftovers have done it legit, that's why the packages are so modest.

I bet sound stages are kind of chilly.
>>
File: p2017-05-16-01h03m36s928.jpg (556KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
p2017-05-16-01h03m36s928.jpg
556KB, 1920x1090px
What was his endgame?
>>
>>82797462
How about "i don't know"? A person that can't accept the unknown can't embark on a journey into the unknown (or something).
>>
>>82798329
How is that logical? The logical thing would just be to take the money and send the person through. They have some more mystical motive going on here.
>>
>>82798586
Read the translation of the intro song, he read some books and realized he had to stop a beast in the Pacific. >>82788216
>>
>>82786709
what show is this
>>
>>82798873
Leftovers
>>
>>82791383

So he could stretch and reach both keys.
>>
>>82799026
He couldn't do it with his clothes on?
>>
File: C_2Ui4PVoAApqL8[1].jpg (164KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C_2Ui4PVoAApqL8[1].jpg
164KB, 1200x900px
>credits
>>
>>82798628
considering the show has established a pretty crazy government agency who will drone strike any cult-like organization, yes, being careful about taking people's money would be logical.
>>
File: 1492359003633.jpg (1MB, 1409x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1492359003633.jpg
1MB, 1409x1426px
>>82799101
>tfw you neve be good enough as actor to play a vigorous handjob guy
>>
>>82793424
>>
>>82798873

The best show on tv
>>
>>82799056

Well it would be less restrictive than wearing a tight uniform. That's what I thought anyway.
>>
>>82799359
if you were going to go rogue and launch a nuclear missile

might as well do it naked and free
>>
>>82793424
That's utterly incorrect though. Tying together the amount of established shit into a cohesive narrative would be some truly masterful work.

But we all know lindelof isn't going to even try.
>>
Next week Matt and the others find Kevin Sr. only to learn Kevin is already dead. Everybody freaks out because they thought he'd come back to life instantly, then next episode is him dealing with the afterlife, coming back from the dead again at the end of the episode.
>>
File: trampoline.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trampoline.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>82799056
if you need to take off your socks you might as well take off everything
>>
>it's a Justin Theroux makes you question your sexuality episode
>>
>>82798617
Propably more like an "I don't care". Only if you're truly detached from this world to not give a fuck either way are you ready to leave it.
>>
>>82799462
I fucking hope so.
Dead Kevin episodes are Kino.
>>
File: evil-DJ.jpg (53KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
evil-DJ.jpg
53KB, 600x391px
>>82799602
>>
File: 1432665951491.jpg (38KB, 468x474px) Image search: [Google]
1432665951491.jpg
38KB, 468x474px
>>82799602
What is every episode?

Also in what world is it acceptable for a Chief of Police to have that sort of bedhead.
>>
>>82799270
Christopher eccelston isn't on silicon valley
>>
>>82799056
Nobody wants to grab a naked man.
>>
>>82799660
I never knew...
>>
File: justin-theroux-height.jpg (650KB, 2048x2776px) Image search: [Google]
justin-theroux-height.jpg
650KB, 2048x2776px
>>82799602
>>
File: 1493040077633.jpg (880KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493040077633.jpg
880KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>82799801

I can't tell if I want to be him or be in him.
>>
am i the only one bothered by the main character being black
>>
>>82799692
Stop posting this
>>
>>82799895
I want to be inside him, and I don't even have a penis
>>
>>82799941
John is based you /pol/tard
>>
>>82800007

There are no girls on the internet.
>>
>>82793043
HE SPOKE HIS NAME
>>
File: 439385.jpg (11KB, 495x284px) Image search: [Google]
439385.jpg
11KB, 495x284px
>>82800115
BECOME HIM!!!!!
>>
I honestly think we're going to get answers about why shit is happening to Kevin when he talks with his father this time around

Season 1 he was skeptical as shit but at this point he's looking for any way to get out -- just like Kevin Sr.
>>
>>82799462
I think he comes back to life during the episode Laurie has a line in the trailer about "wanting to be apart of this" she would definitely need to see him come back to change her attitude about Kevin being ill.

Also what causes them to go and get Nora?
>>
File: Chris.gif (93KB, 400x107px) Image search: [Google]
Chris.gif
93KB, 400x107px
>>82786709
Glad to see that Ecclescake is finally getting some appreciation and popularity outside the /who/ audience.
>>
>>82799948
posting what? That silicon valley is several magnitudes better written than leftovers?
>>
>>82800674
Why don't you go make a thread about that show then if you love it so much? Jesus Christ
>>
>>82800399
noras literally the demon azrael, duh
>>
>>82800760
And let claims that the leftovvers is the best thing on television, when a character driven mike judge production is running, go unchallenged?

Never.

Also the vessel is everything the leftovers tried to be, stripped of all the supernatural bullshit, thus superior in every way, yet only needed 90 minutes to articulate every unique idea in the leftoers.
>>
What did Kevin wish for when Holy Wayne died?
>>
>>82800954
the basic theory is that he wanted his family again (which is probably what it was originally)

but he actually asked for a purpose

and now he has one
>>
>>82800954

It doesn't matter. Wayne had no special powers
>>
>>82800954
his family back

and he would've gotten that exact wish, as snapping laurie out of her self-pity and making her realize she has people who need her and care about her, would've gotten them all back together. Ya know, were the characters developed organically.

too bad the sequel to the book had to be written by damon lindelof
>>
>>82800954

Considering that he was just crying to Matt about losing his family, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it was to get them all back (which he did)
>>
>>82801043
>wishing for a purpose
>when you're law enforcement

bravo lindelof
>>
>>82800954
He obviously asked for Patty to come back.
Except she came back as a ghost.
>>
Alright lads I haven't watched since season 1.

I like it, just didn't have much reason to come back for season 2.

Is it worth it?
>>
>>82801133
a purpose more than a job

a purpose in life, a meaning to live, something to achieve
>>
Lindelof autist is back again I see.
>>
This show is all over the place, first season I almost quit watching it the one good episode about the priest kept me going

Second two was epic right up there with some of the best shows of all time, the episodes in the 'afterlife' were amazing

This season is just flat little energy or tension, no "oh I can't wait till next week to see what happens!" Maybe if you want to try and get deep that's the point of the season ...... but if your going to make it feel like your building up to some huge event and nothing happens it's almost like the opposite, the audience is expecting nothing to happen and BAM something does

They keep debunking all these mysteries to keep expatriations low so we the audience are like the people in the show before the event happened and things are back to normal... and the whole point of the GL was not to forget
>>
>>82801152
lets break it down.

The first season operated under an idea of a completely insane global supernatural occurrence sending the whole of humanity into an unresolvable existential crisis. Built mostly around the "stages of grief" thing, with various characters representing various stages.

Now the main character is kevin, hes immortal, hes had a new book of the bible written about him, his dad can bend time and space (with the right drugs) and nora is about to be sent into the future by a machine straight from the dharma initiative.

You tell me.
>>
>>82801152

Season 2 is one of the greatest seasons of television ever made. No exaggeration.
>>
>>82801169
As law enforcement, even if you don't think of the law as something greater than yourself which you can serve, you still have the purpose of keeping people safe.
>>
>rewatching International Assassin
>just now realizing G'Day Melbourne was recalling the scene from the former where Kevin is walking down hotel stairs as an alarm is going off

What does it mean?
>>
>>82801359
that you're easily intrigued
>>
>>82801341
kevin doesnt, kevin isnt portrayed as super into the cop thing, its clear he just did it because of his dad
>>
>>82801359
He also walks by his future self with a bag on his head.
And the warning of an officer (him in the future) being attacked.
>>
>>82800279

the hell was that thing?
>>
>>82801414
In the first season kevin is the only remotely rational human being in existence. Most, if not everything he does is to minimize any sort of collateral damage as a result of the GR being retarded assholes.

He is clearly embracing fully the purpose of maintaining order and safety in a completely chaotic world filled with people who want only anarchy.

He wishes for something from wayne during the first season.

Trying to say he wished for a purpose is idiotic.
>>
File: tkh4Jl4u.jpg (32KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
tkh4Jl4u.jpg
32KB, 768x768px
>>82801489
milking machine.
>>
File: 43748_1217865362937_400_300.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
43748_1217865362937_400_300.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>82801359

It's like this episode of Futurama. Lindelof can't come up with original ideas
>>
>>82801359
>>82801487
The delusions hes built up to protect himself from realizing hes been dead the entire show are starting to melt together and collapse.

As he was shot in the back of the head, off screen, in the first episode, while balls deep in the girl he was fucking who "vanished" by his wife's son for cheating on laurie.
>>
>>82790015
>Also what's up with the priest guy and the bdsm-stuff?
The entirety of Christianity is built on a naked man tied down, humiliated, and tortured, it sort of comes with the territory
>>
>He doesn't realise Lindelof has matured as a writer
>He doesn't realise The Leftovers is what LOST was supposed to be
>>
>Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
>Matthew, Michael, Laurie, and John
Coincidence?
>>
>>82801552
Why can't people keep their willies out if holes?
>>
>>82791117
hopefully they add a scene where her and aimee are scared for the end of the world and they start lezzing out
>>
>>82802030
Aimee's never coming back
>>
>>82802030

this is the one thing that will 100% definitely happen on the finale.
>>
>>82801960
Pottery
>>
>>82799499
The first Leftovers scene I've ever fapped to.
>>
>>82801335

I agree.
>>
>>82802105
Don't remind me ;_;
she was my favorite from season 1
>>
File: jills-camo-panties.jpg (32KB, 259x481px) Image search: [Google]
jills-camo-panties.jpg
32KB, 259x481px
WHERE THE FUCK IS JILL?! WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE
>>
>>82802404
she's riding a train in the camp
>>
>>82797355
>>82797467

One thing about Burton that convinces me he might not be anything special:

The episode explicitly references The Book of Daniel, showing the verse about the lions. God makes the lions calm because Daniel is the chosen one by God or something. However nothing of the sort happens in the episode, so I have to assume Burton isn't holy. I refuse to believe it's just a subversion for subversion's sake.
>>
>>82791383
Because it's more kino
>>
>>82802707
I think Burton just says he's god for shits and giggles, I think he went through something similar to Kevin. Hence why in International Assassin he speaks about throwing Patti into the well so heavily, talking about how it's going to change him. He probably did something similar to that, and now that's he can cheat death he just fucks with people.
>>
>>82801152
Season 2 is one of the best seasons of television I have seen
>>
>Kevin has misspelled tattoos and shits 4 times a day

Interesting......
>>
>>82799602
He looks real good in a cop uniform. I'm glad he became a cop again. No homo
>>
File: TL_305_BK_0082.jpg (45KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
TL_305_BK_0082.jpg
45KB, 1000x667px
only 3 more episodes of this kino left
>>
>>82805464

REGERTS?!
>>
File: IMG_0428.jpg (22KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.jpg
22KB, 282x179px
>>82802635
Don't be mean :(
Still a qt despite being BLACKED
>>
File: Kevin gets his nut.jpg (213KB, 2047x1151px) Image search: [Google]
Kevin gets his nut.jpg
213KB, 2047x1151px
>>82793360
The season's about the stories we tell ourselves. They may not be true, but they are the stories we have to believe to make it day to day. Framing stories with ideas that the characters refuse to believe (i.e. Evie being alive), sheds light onto the way we ourselves are living and the things we choose to ignore to make it day to day.
At least, that's what I think.
>>
>>82797462
Such a cutie. Someone post nudes.
>>
>>82792651
It doesn't matter who he is. What matters is his plan.
>>
Why did that woman release the lion at the end
>>
>>82807762

She tells Matt that she knows the people are sick or something, so I assume she planned this to stop the degeneracy.
>>
>>82807819
Should've released it while they were still at sea then desu
>>
>we'll probably never see more of the post-apocalypse world from ep 1
>we'll probably never see another matt episode
>we'll probably never see jill again
>we'll probably never see more of the machine that brings people to the departed

REEEEE
WHY ARE THERE ONLY 8 EPS
GIVE ME FUCKING MORE
>>
>>82792401

that only answers how he resurrected though?

if you're taking the word of the bible as truth, which this theory is, then you're ignoring all of the documented miracles the actual jesus preformed. so what difference does it make that he didn't actually rise from the dead? is God retarded?
>>
>>82789656
The phone call that saved europe
>>
Seriously though what happened? It's like everything is fucking rushed and all you hear is ">muh australia, >muh australia muhfuga". Nobody fucking cares about aushits and their shitty way of talking. I feel like they thought the fandom was bickering so they just shat out and ending. It's like microwaved pizza. Doesn't taste like fucking anything
>>
>>82786709
Second best episode after International Assasin

absolute kinography
>>
>>82807855

She was too busy fucking desu
>>
>>82792401
Reza Aslan is a little rat shit fuck
>>
>>82787318
worse than s2's matt episode which is the best
>>
File: 1468580228570.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468580228570.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>82793166
>I have no doubt that she's going to wake up again soon, and when she does, I'm going to come back, and you and I will have a talk.
>>
>>82808033
>documented miracles
>>
>>82799941
yes
>>
>>82802404
hngggg
>>
>>82792651
Doubt he was just a crazy person, we know Kevin met him in the hotel and that the hotel by all evidence seems to be supernatural and not a hallucination. Who knows if he was actually God though, the point was more that Matt thought he was.
>>
>>82812136
I think it doesn't really matter if all supernatural stuff (departure aside) is actually real or not. All the evidence is intentionally ambiguous. What really matters is do our characters choose to believe them, which is ultimately the whole point of the show.
>>
>>82808490
Agreed.
>>
>>82795963
You keep posting this and you keep being wrong. Kevin didn't want the woman he was in the middle of fucking to go away. He wanted his family to go away. That's a huge theme of his character. It's only after the departure and seeing his kids at the school that he breaks down and tells Matt how wrong he was and wanting to keep his family together
>>
>>82814752
Yeah. It does seem like it fits with down syndrome kid (emotional burden on his parents) and unwanted baby, but I don't think it's the case. I don't think we're getting any sort of explanation for the departure.
although imagine how fucking happy that guy would be if he's right
>>
I'm usually bummed by Matt episodes but they end up being pretty good.
>>
>>82786709
The last line of this episode made me audibly laugh for a couple of seconds. In a good way, by which I mean that I believe that the comedic quality of this line was intentional.
Why was it so funny? Was it the delivery,the context or the timing?
>>
>>82815451
It might have been the context and delivery. Matt spoke to the guy as if he was physically speaking to God for a while, but then in the end wasn't phased at all by him being killed by a lion.
>>
>>82795009
remember that they said that on the moment of departure in jarden, there was a manhole explosion too
>>
>>82815830
Yeah, was it the same day?
>>
I feel like they could have done the very opening scene of the pilot better

i get the mom and baby, but everything seems to pause for 10 seconds while she's confused, then people start calling out to whoever when she's conveniently able to see them

i mean that shopping cart should've hit the car while she was still seated and looking backwards
>>
>>82802105
stop pretending you're ok with it. nobody is ok with it.
>>
>>82815451
It was the double meaning. Matt now realizes that Burton was really god. So he's bother saying that he was the guy who threw someone overboard and the guy he's been preaching about since forever. The fact that the guy sacrificed himself for his flock proved to Matt that God really did care.
>>
>>82816376
Bother=both.
>>
>>82816376
I didn't see it at all. For me it was funny because how casually he dropped it as if he was talking about a guy whom he just met somewhere "yep that's him" completely ignoring the fact that the guy was being eaten alive by a fucking lion. I interpret it as if he actually stopped caring at all at accepted that his devotion to God was essentially meaningless and that he's going to die no matter what. I mean that's why he told the captain he doesn't have any business in Melbourne.
>>
File: Rex__714965eb.jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rex__714965eb.jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
>>82786709

Be funny if it transpires that Matt is really Steven Baxter.
>>
File: IMG_1168.jpg (254KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1168.jpg
254KB, 1024x576px
If Aimee doesn't come back in the next three episodes with a 10 minute sex scene I will fucking kill myself.
>>
>>82817054
same
>>
>>82802404
she has no hips

shes like a rectangle

lovely face though.
>>
File: 1478298017446.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478298017446.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>82799602
God how can one man be so fucking handsome? Its not fucking fair!
>>
>>82798586
someone do one of those mirror vs things on him
>>
>>82808944
>IF you're taking the word of the bible as truth
>>
>>82812136
That was the real david in the hotel, he died in australia and never came back

"God"

was one of those parasites like Patty who came back in his body
>>
>>82818034
He never died, he was a psycho. Kevin just subconsciously remembered his face from tv and hallucinated.
>>
>>82818345
That's retarded as shit, how do you explain Kevin seeing his father on the television and his father also seeing kevin?

And the hallucination of Evi on the TV leaving his father back to him?

And if there's nothing supernatural happening why is the future full of old women and pigeons?
>>
>>82818390
Again, everything supernatural apart from the departure may or may not be real. It's not important. What's important is how people react to them. Some choose to believe it and some dismiss it as coincidences and such. I'm talking about both characters within the show and the people watching at home.
>>
>>82818390
I want to to be supernatural too man, but just about everything besides the departure can be explained in some flimsy way, that's whats so interesting to me.
>>
>>82818527
>>82818488

if it was all just crazy people dreaming I'm gonna kill justin theroux
>>
>>82818739
I think the ending will be open to interpretation which feels like it's the best way to do it
>>
>>82818739
>if it was all just crazy people dreaming I'm gonna kill justin theroux

Please don't.
>>
>>82819185
he'll come back unless none of the supernatural stuff in the show was real
>>
The fuck, it's 8 episodes now? Fuck. There better be only kevin episodes from now on.
>>
File: Photo265.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Photo265.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>82791117
BACK

THE

FUCK

OFF
>>
>>82793096
Wayne obviously and incorrectly heard "blacked" not "back"

"i want my family blacked"
>>
>>82802197
>not to jill in pe clothes
>not to chill choking a guy while he faps
>>
>>82808083
fuck you

this is taste bud heaven
>>
>>82818527
So how do you explain Kevin seeing his father on the TV? Everyone I've seen try to respond just says "well it doesn't matter if it's real" or just ignores it, so please offer up some (even flimsy) explanation of how that would be possible.
>>
>>82820262
Kevin knew he was going to Australia, he knows how eccentric his father can be, hell his father even said he was going to save the world before he left.

Kevin, in a drug induced coma, dreamed the hotel up and imagined he saw his father in the television set being crazy and drugged in Australia, which is pretty easy to assume.

If I remember correctly his father didn't mention his seeing Kevin anyways, so we can assume he didn't.
>>
>>82791383
he was a guilty remnant member
obviously someone with a full set of white clothes isn't going to get access to a high-security facility so he made do with what he had
>>
>>82820369
On the TV Garvey senior says he is high on "God's tongue"
In episode 3 of season 3 he says some guys made him try a drug called just like that. It happened.

>>82820371
How do you know he was GR?
>>
>>82820436
I'm not saying it didn't happen, I believe it did, but its possible that it may not have.

Anyway, Kevin is a cop, he may know of the drug Gods Tongue, it might be a new drug since the Departure. Gods Tongue might be slang for acid for all we know.
>>
>>82820436
i'm just assuming he's a GR member because of the weird manner in which he behaved (look at the way he stands before the commanding officer comes in to turn the music down - he doesn't stand in a natural pose at all) and it would make sense that they want to do something before the anniversary
>>
Man, Justin Theroux is so good in this. Bummed it's almost over.
>>
>>82818390
Didn't Kevin Sr. see a CHICKEN?
>>
>>82817054
Did kevin fuck her?
>>
Back in season 1, what the fuck was that scene where Jill asks Aimee if she fucked her dad? Why would she ask that?
>>
File: 1491985562511.webm (3MB, 430x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491985562511.webm
3MB, 430x640px
>sleeping soundly
>aimee wakes you up
>"let me show you something"
>see this
>what do?
>>
>>82821951
>ignoring young doge

fucking shit woman
>>
>>82821884

to fuel jailbait fan fiction
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.