[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant incoherences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 32

File: back.jpg (447KB, 1400x922px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
447KB, 1400x922px
Okay, everybody here talk about the stupid characters, the fan fiction plot etc etc but everyone ignores the massive scenario incoherences

Like, they find the engineer ship crashed in the forest, top of the trees cut off and everything, but then in a flashback, you can clearly see David controlled the ship perfectly and released the black goo over the engineers city, wtf ? It crashed after this scene, miles away ? How is this shit possible ?

Also, when the characters enter the engineer city and see the Pompei-like brunt engineers all around them, did no one notice they were HUMAN SIZED BODIES ? Aren't they supposed to be 8 feet tall ? they should have been huge antic black statues, all around the characters, but they're clearly human size

In addition to being a bad movie, it looks like it was written by a guy that forgot what he wrote 2 pages before, Ridley Scott is senile, how can anyone defend this shit ?
>>
Ridley scott was always shit, he wasn't the guy behind the genius of alien, it was Dan O'Bannon, Moebius, Giger, all the team that should have done Jodorowsky's Dune. Ridley was only the guy they contacted to shoot it. Ridley Hack has finally been exposed, decades after taking great movie's credits from other real artists
>>
File: 1386196297887.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1386196297887.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>82784490
>>
I just assumed there was some sort of struggle between Shaw and David or perhaps other Engineers that weren't killed in the initial wave and the scene was cut.

Thought the movie was tip top desu. Made Prometheus a way better movie too by rounding off the weird, unsatisfying and open ended story in that movie much better while still leaving some interesting places to go for a third one.

Loved it. Ending was great too.
>>
>>82784253
this movie is legit THE worst out of the entire aliens/prometheus series

i would even put some AVP movies above this trash heap
>>
>>82784880
Welcome to /TV/
Do you guys fucking like *anything*?
>>
>>82784738
>while still leaving some interesting places to go for a third one

people like you kill cinema

>dont worry goys, we'll tell you the FULL STORY in the next movie

this uncreative hackjob of a shitfest was riddled with plot holes, inconsistencies versus other alien movies and doesn't give much lore answers

what ever happened to movies that are more or less complete?
>>
>>82784738
>Made Prometheus a way better movie too
Top Shill
>>
>>82784253
>A christian white male decides to throw out 10 years of planning and training to take 2000 colonists on a wild ride to some bumfuck planet in the middle of nowhere right after unforeseen accident kills a whole bunch of them

kek. in his rush to create a meme tier "backstory" to alien ridley forgot that simplicity is best.
>>
>>82784921
go back
>>
>>82784738
How much are you paid to write this nonsense ?
>>
Couple of questions?
>Was the virus made by the engineers? >Did David and Shaw modify it?
>>
>>82784253
It makes no sense, why does the backburster choose the most difficult path of escape? Literally right through the spine, all that fucking bone. Why not just come out his ass? The the neck, between the collarbone and shoulder blade.
>>
>>82784921
Blood father was good
>>
>>82785471
For the first question, we don't know, I don't think so, I think it's just some organism they discovered, didn't fully understand even.

For the second, I don't think shaw did shit, david did everything, and I think he just contaminated stuff, make them reproduce, just trial and error, failed specimens proved that
>>
>>82784921
Come and See, Ran, Stalker, there's a shitload of film that most of /tv/ like
>>
>>82784921
Fury Road is unanimously liked. The only people that disagree are just memeing for yous.
>>
>>82784253
Yeah, it's a mess. I enjoyed it.
>>
>>82784253
>crash landing
He can apparently fly it fine but can't land it. Landing is supposedly the hardest part with aircraft.

>human sized bodies
Engineers seemed to be on average taller but all different sizes. We don't get a good look and also their bodies seem to get mangled badly by the goo. A bit of contraction or whatever doesn't seem far-fetched considering what else the stuff can do.

>>82784490
lmao faggot I bet you think Blade Runner was well written though.

>>82785106
lorefaggotry and autism over technical details masquerading as criticism are killing cinema.

>>82785260
>simplicity is best
You go write a movie, fagface.

>>82785413
Mr Kikestein gives me half a shekel per post

>>82785750
Fury Road is gay.
>>
>>82785902
>lorefaggotry and autism over technical details masquerading as criticism are killing cinema.

except ridley seems to insist on making a cinematic universe for Alien decked out with terrible sophist tier lore?
>>
>>82785979
Making lore and building around it is fine, but being a wikifaggot and getting annoyed because an Arbalarian Assblaster is akchyually meant to be seven point FIVE feet tall doesn't help anybody or anything.
>>
File: 1494316835094.jpg (41KB, 468x510px) Image search: [Google]
1494316835094.jpg
41KB, 468x510px
>>82784253
Every trope in this film was used lazily to produce a tired, played out and utterly predictable cookie cutter space horror. Same old subversive nostalgia tripping by rehashing the exact same scenes, same phrasing (you can't excuse a carbon copy script as an easter egg), same set, same shots, same ridiculously stupid characters making the same mistakes and the same plot structure with one dimensional inane character motivations.
>David reveres creation above all else, and at the same time destroys all the apex creators to "create" his own children, which were actually already designed by the engineers anyway, utterly defeated his purported purpose.
>>
>>82785902
>defending the undefendable

you did it faggot, you're now a pure shill
>>
>>82786114
>destroys all apex creators
How many gods have we seen David kill over the course of these two movies? I must have fallen asleep because my count is currently at 0.
>>
>>82786163
wtf i hate alien covenant now
>>
>>82786103
>burnt bodies clearly human size when engineers are supposed to be giant
>hurrr durrr stop bitching about a few inches, you're such an autist

go to bed ridley, your movie is shit
>>
>>82786172
>Missing the point, superfluously bringing religion into the conversation when Prometheus and Covenant both deified the engineers
daft idiot cunt
>>
>>82785902

who are you?
>>
>>82784253
There was a civil war occurring between 2 races of Engineers, or so the theory goes. Another theory is that the 8 ft tall ones are genetically modified synthetic versions created by the Engineer race, the same way we created the androids, except their synthetics are for sacrificing on terraforming worlds while ours are merely for labour.
>>
>>82786407
it's not about religion, it's about the idea of an apex creator. Apex means top. Summit. Nothing above you. Humanity is definitely not this and it seems very unlikely that the Engineers are. Deification isn't the same thing as being a god. But meme-text more you're looking very smart right now.
>>
>>82786422
Ridley Scott's secret NEET son. I live in his basement and for entertainment I'm only allowed to watch his movies and post on /tv/.
>>
File: 1346108656927.png (149KB, 405x329px) Image search: [Google]
1346108656927.png
149KB, 405x329px
>>82786437
>and i pulled all of that out of my ass
>>
>>82786511
Sure did cubby. But that's the point isn't it? There are no answers so it haunts us, and so we use our imaginations and theorise.
>>
>>82786211
It stands to reason that a race that can't seem to get enough of playing around with genetics can probably ENGINEER themselves to fit specific roles in their hierarchy. It's quite possible that all the Engineers that we've seen up to this point are combat types, that grow bigger and tougher than civvy types.
>>
>>82786478
What's you favorite movie of his and why?
>>
>>82786641
Black Rain
>>
>>82786641
>>82786672
>and why
missed that part. I really like cop movies and Japan looks nice in movies.
>>
>>82786460
You absolute silly bitch why are you arguing semantics when it is perfectly contextually appropriate?
There is no canon, nor real life evidence pointing toward any kind of intentional god creator and that is not even close to the film's horrible character motivations
>>
>>82786672
>>82786694
Good choice, anon.
>>
>>82786708
I think that it's a pretty important point. You said I brought up religion but I didn't. The point I was making that the only thing you can soundly apply the label of 'apex creator' to is a god. If you're created by circumstances or a higher power you aren't an apex creator. Humanity and the Engineers aren't apex creators. You said that by killing them David was contradicting himself but I don't think so at all. He recognizes them as creations like himself, and very flawed ones at that. That's why he hates them and sees no problem with no killing them in order to create new things.

Where are the horrible motivations? I'm sure that most of this movie can be explained at worst just by a little bit of loose thinking just like Prometheus. I bet you're one of those RLM cockworshipping faggots who thought that spaceaxe was a legitimate criticism.
>>
the only good part was the score but then i realised it was a copy paste of alien's ost
>>
>>82785750

too bad it's shit. How revealing from /tv/'s taste
>>
So, why did the engineers want to wipe out humans ? Because they killed Jesus ?
>>
>>82784880

Oh look another redditor. Don't worry, a new avengers film should be out shortly which will be more to your tastes.
>>
>>82784738
I assumed david dropped the black goo and genocided the engineers while Shaw was still sleeping. She was obsessed with the engineers and would never have let him do that.
He then simulated a crash and woke her.
>>
>>82787578
That's not a bad theory. Though it shows how Ridley didn't really thought of it.
>>
So it took only like 2 years for them to get to the engineer home planet? How fucking close is it? How much time did the Nostromo spent in space before stumbling upon the space jockeys?
>>
File: 1488629166360.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1488629166360.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>82784253
Alien > Aliens > Covenant > dogshit > Alien 3 > Prometheus > AR.

Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>82785576
Maybe it enjoys causing pain to its host or bones are no more a challenge than skin. Maybe it is different for different people depending on how it grows inside. Silly thing to nit pick over imo.
>>
>>82788284
what about the games?
>>
>>82788466
I'd put Isolation on par with Covenant, maybe a little better even, that shit was great.
>>
>>82784253

>If it doesn't explain something on-screen that makes it a incoherent
>Pls spoon-feed me every single detail Ridley I have no imagination

Jesus Christ please stay the fuck away from anymore Ridley Scott movies. They are obviously too intelligent for you

Movie was great fun, enjoyed it alot. Perfect blend of action/suspense and Prometheus themes.
>>
>>82786606
>the movie is shit but its all intended so we can make fan fiction!

kill yourself if this is your actual opinion
>>
I find it hard to believe that those were the engineers. They were too dissimilar and technologically backwards in my opinion.
>>
>>82785576

the original alien was kind of retarded too considered it had to go through the sternum or rib cage...shoulda came out the abdomen.
>>
>>82788625
in Prometheus the guy at the beginning is wearing a cloak just like the city dwellers. they just have different aesthetics for space travel.

>>82788509
This.

OP's issues aren't inconsistencies, they're just gaps in the narrative that don't really need telling. No one cares how the ship got from the city to the forest. And the black stuff burns and shrinks them, just like the ash would've done to the Pompeii statues. You can see it in the CGI.
>>
>>82784253
Did they really make the alien come out of his back, through the spine? that's beyond fucking retarded.
>>
>>82784253
>And itā€™s in these scenes, thoughtfully written by John Logan and Dante Harper and gracefully acted by Fassbender, that we realize that this movie is not merely a bridge between the ā€œAlienā€ films and ā€œPrometheus,ā€ but between the ā€œAlienā€ films and ā€œBlade Runnerā€ as well.
from rogerebert.com
Prepare for the inevitable.
>>
>>82790499
RIDLEY "DEMENTIA" SCOTT CINEMATIC UNIVERSE
>>
>>82788919
Late reply but the stomach is not in the abdomen.
>>
>>82790499
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>82788625
I guess it would explain how they mastered space travel but all gathered around to gawk at a spacecraft landing over their capitol. It also makes me wonder if the entire population of the planet lived in that one city. Or how they withstood the terrible storms constantly raging over the planet.
>>
I can't believe this thread ended with people defending this pile of shit by covering its holes with more shit
>>
>>82790748
It's right up under the ribs, but surely the path of least resistance would be to go down through the intestines and out through the abdominal wall rather than the rib cage.
>>
>>82786211
Guys. The engineers we saw in Prometheus were giants millions of years ago when they seeded Earth and went into cryosleep on LV-223. The ones David encounters in this one are zur current version. Humans used to be smaller but got taller by natural selection over millenia. The Engineers might have gotten smaller over time.

>female Engineers select for the manlets
>>
>>82784253
Like, they find the engineer ship crashed in the forest, top of the trees cut off and everything, but then in a flashback, you can clearly see David controlled the ship perfectly and released the black goo over the engineers city, wtf ? It crashed after this scene, miles away ? How is this shit possible ?

did you consider the possibility that the crash happened after that happened

of course you didn't, you're an ape
>>
>>82784253
>Ridley Scott is senile
Well. yeah.
>>
What I want to know is how the fuck did BLONDE David manage to get BROWN hair after beating Walther and needing to rush to the shuttle
>>
>>82791305
He likely Optimus'd him or something.
>GIVE ME YOUR FACE!
>>
File: 1494609305943.png (375KB, 792x475px) Image search: [Google]
1494609305943.png
375KB, 792x475px
>>82784921

>you guys fucking like *anything*?
Definitely not this pile of trash
>>
>>82784490
>all the team that should have done Jodorowsky's Dune

They could do it if Jodorowsky didnt spent 3 millions of 9 million budget on pre-production, aiming for a 14 hours long art film. Also, Jodorosky is as bad as Scott.
>>
If david only had shaw to try things, how come he already saw xenomorphs before and how he produced the eggs?
>>
>>82791103
It's easy to understand. Why do all of you retards keep acting like those "plotholes" are not intentional. Ridley wants to make many movies.
>>
>>82784253
>Like, they find the engineer ship crashed in the forest, top of the trees cut off and everything, but then in a flashback, you can clearly see David controlled the ship perfectly and released the black goo over the engineers city, wtf ? It crashed after this scene, miles away ? How is this shit possible ?
Either this is a troll or you're too retarded even for entry-level sci-fi. That's fucking sad lad.
>>
File: 1494685750905-tv.jpg (15KB, 540x143px) Image search: [Google]
1494685750905-tv.jpg
15KB, 540x143px
>>82784921
>>
>>82791502
The planet had animals, he even showed an insect.
>>
>>82791502
He went through the alien ship's archive to find out how the weapon worked. How the eggs work without a queen is still a mystery. Or how they recombined with those pods in the forest. The pods seem like a far more effective way to spread.
>>
File: 03Trust.jpg (42KB, 317x400px) Image search: [Google]
03Trust.jpg
42KB, 317x400px
>>82784253
Haven't seen it but sounds a whole lot like Prometheus. That entire movie was incoherent. Fassbender gave the incoherence the appearance of being deep puzzlebox shit, but in reality Prometheus was style heaped upon style with no thought to whether it actually made an sense or advanced the narrative in any particular direction. It should have been obvious when it was announced the next movie was NOT a sequel to Prometheus that the franchise was in a fucking mess and Scott had no idea what he was doing with it. I can only assume Covenant had a shitload of writers and the end result is committee trash.

I will pirate this movie in the future, certainly, but after Prometheus I'm convinced that Scott is a fucking clown.
>>
>>82791502

My understanding was that he used the virus on Shaw's eggs
>>
File: Dan The Man.jpg (132KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dan The Man.jpg
132KB, 800x450px
>>82784490

>Ridley scott was always shit, he wasn't the guy behind the genius of alien, it was Dan O'Bannon, Moebius, Giger, all the team that should have done Jodorowsky's Dune. Ridley was only the guy they contacted to shoot it.

This. Ridley "The Studio Hack" Scott can't fall back on The Banster's creative prowess and artistic connections anymore, and all he can produce on his own is "An Inchoherent Mess" and "An Incoherent Mess II: Electric Bogaloo".

Praise O'Bannon, burn the heretics.
>>
>>82791763
It's biggest problem was the CONSTANT need to remind you of previous movies.
>Remember Dallas? Here's Tennessee
>Remember the power loader? Here's the hover crane
>Remember the original face hugger scene? Here it is almost shot for shot
>Remember mother? Covenant has a mother A.I. too
It was so blatantly obnoxious I'm amazed nobody talked about getting a bonus for delivering Covenant to the new planet.
>>
>>82791881
Now if I recall correctly, Shaw performed a custom abortion on herself, producing the squid baby. Big squid ate the engineer and produced a classic Xenomorph. So why didn't the pod goo make more squids? And why is there such a time discrepancy between the alien emerging from its host?
>>
>>82790748
even later reply but yes it is, are you retarded?
>>
>>82792003

coz the black goo does whatever they want it to do
>>
>>82788284
>Putting Covenant above Alien 3

Do you also put Rogue One above Return of the Jedi, you miserable utter faggot?
>>
>>82784253
So everything I've read is making this sound like Prometheus 2. Bad acting, bad writing, makes no sense.
>>
>>82791932
>I'm amazed nobody talked about getting a bonus for delivering Covenant to the new planet.

Of course, the one fun callback doesn't get included.
>>
File: the situation.jpg (30KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
the situation.jpg
30KB, 480x204px
>>82792302

>the one fun callback

it was a pretty serious situation, anon
>>
>>82792003

The one in prometheus wasn't a classic xenomorph, it was extremely different. From what I figured the guy vivisected shaw, extracted her eggs, applied the virus to them, which created the facehugger eggs, and the facehuggers create the classic xenos
>>
>>82792202
Alien 3 is garbage, yes even the """improved""" cut.

Suck my dick Fincherfag.
>>
File: IMG_1425.jpg (26KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1425.jpg
26KB, 303x166px
>>82792362
Look, we've been through this, everyone's getting paid the bonus they deserve.
>>
File: dallas.jpg (132KB, 1600x827px) Image search: [Google]
dallas.jpg
132KB, 1600x827px
>>82792362
>>
>>82792410
What did the facehuggers create the classic Xenos from if David dumped goo on all the engineers as soon as he opened the ship?
>>
>>82792544
Just take any retarded question about mechanics in these movies and say "because it's cool" and there you go. that's literally why everything that was intriguing in Prometheus happened.

Covenant is no different.
>>
File: IMG_1426.jpg (38KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1426.jpg
38KB, 500x233px
>>82792450
>>
>>82792424
I find it hard to believe this one's in any way better.
>>
So how the fuck did that engineer ship, being several hundred years old end up with eggs on hadley's hope? Did David do this?
>>
>>82791881
Wasn't shaw sterile in promethus, she mentions not being able to have kids. Perhaps the goo "fixed" her somehow?
>>
>>82792817
No that was just her beta bitch """scientist""" boyfriend slamming his nuts one too many times into a desk drawer for laughs
>>
>>82792730
Perhaps there are more engineers out in the universe than what we see.
>>
>>82792730
Sure, why not? Ok, the honest truth is they don't have a plan for these movies and after Prometheus got a bad reception they're scared of losing money, so they're just putting together movies made of references to the original movies and hoping that nobody notices. The mystery of the ship crashed on LV426 with a mass of bio-weapons in its hull has been answered in a very unsatisfactoy way and the only thing left to do is tie these movies to the originals. All for the sake of money.
>>
>>82792891
yes that's quite likely. However that doesn't explain how they being older than David has eggs created 20 years before when the ship crashed over 20 years ago.
>>
someone link me to a shitty camrip stream thanks
>>
>>82784921
I like wes anderson's movie
>>
>>82792362
>>82792598
>the actor is literally a jew
Really makes you think
>>
>>82792916
Not even 20, they're 18 years apart.
>>
I'm going to make the executive decision that Prometheus and Alien Covenant are not canon because Ridley Scott has gone senile.

Stop pretending it's deep and compelling, the return to Alien has been an unqualified failure.
>>
>>82793152
18 years then. still ship in hadley's hope is several hundred years old if i remember correctly. But now it turns out its less than 18 years old.
>>
>>82793179
>still ship in hadley's hope is several hundred years old if i remember correctly

That's what they think.
They never did any carbon testing though.
>>
>>82793133

>According to Kotto, his father was an observant Jew who spoke Hebrew.

DAS RITE
>>
>>82793203
Yeah, still it would seem to be meant as that at the time. And why did it have eggs on it. I would've prefered it if the aliens were just some damn alien species from somewhere, a biological weapon indeed made by anient race. Not effectively being created by humans
>>
anybody else actually liked prometheus and was disappointed with covenant for ditching it and going full DUDE XENOMORPHS LMAO path? I feel like Ridley Scott had a different vision for this film but people bitched too much about there not being enough xenos in prometheus

the whole engineer plot line was dropped, elizabeth's character from prometheus was negated, and david was reduced to a shallow villain, his motivations weren't explored nearly enough which is disappointing since scott made really written android characters in blade runner

overall I think it was a cop out of a movie, I had fun watching what was essentially a proper horror sequel or alien but it wasn't what I was looking for
>>
>>82793235
I've got a bad feeling we'll have an engineer character in the next movie to tie everything together. The pilot on LV426 had its chest burst open, so I guess we'll get on another ship, somehow and have a scene with an engineer alien killing everyone on board, then the ship crashes into the planet, then broadcast the distress signal and a shot of the Nostromo just to make sure the audience gets what's going on. Better put a caption under the ship just to be sure.
>>
>>82784253
>Also, when the characters enter the engineer city and see the Pompei-like brunt engineers all around them, did no one notice they were HUMAN SIZED BODIES

Are we sure that's not just another world the Engineers seeded where the humanoids just came out looking more like the Engineers than we did?
>>
>>82793456
>I've got a bad feeling we'll have an engineer character in the next movie to tie everything together. The pilot on LV426 had its chest burst open, so I guess we'll get on another ship, somehow and have a scene with an engineer alien killing everyone on board, then the ship crashes into the planet, then broadcast the distress signal and a shot of the Nostromo just to make sure the audience gets what's going on. Better put a caption under the ship just to be sure.

It's Walter.

He has a DNA component in his design. He will get infected stopping David and give birth to a Queen.
>>
File: michael-fassbender-100744.jpg (9KB, 415x250px) Image search: [Google]
michael-fassbender-100744.jpg
9KB, 415x250px
Have I ever told you about Shaw?

She was the wisest, bravest, kindest, most compassionate woman in the entire universe. She was the only human I've ever met that wasn't a worthless piece of shit and I treasured every moment we spent together. Then I murdered her and used her very flesh to carve an incubator for an army of unstoppable monsters.

She was a good friend.
>>
where do the xenomorphs come from?

how I take it:

>engineers create a virus
>shaw contracts it
>shaw gives birth to a proto-facehugger
>facehugger rapes an engineer
>first classic alien in the universe is born
>david modifies it
>now they walk on two legs
>>
>>82793456
>a shot of the Nostromo just to make sure the audience gets what's going on. Better put a caption under the ship just to be sure.
You're not thinking Ridley enough

What the last scene really needs is a CGI young Sigourney Weaver looking at the radar screen, and a CGI young Tom Skerritt walks up next to her and says "What is it?" And she just replies "Alien."
>>
>>82793698
So walter's going to grow HUGE?
>>
>>82793784
He manipulates it from the inside
>>
>>82793761
But they left the first classic alien behind on LV233. It doesn't even emerge until after they took off.
>>
>>82793820
>But they left the first classic alien behind on LV233
That wasn't a classic one.
It had a goblin shark jaw, not the double.
>>
>>82793845
Think it'll come back?
>>
>>82793845
so david is the one who creates the original aliens?
>>
>>82793859
No.

But it might be used in a spin off if they want.
>>
>>82793876
Maybe Scott's going for some creator's creation surpasses their work.
>>
>>82784921
guardians 2 was well-liked
>>
>>82793708
b-but if she was to be an incubator then she must have been kept alive for the whole process then wasn't she? ;_;
>>
>>82794291
No, GotG2 runs nearly the entire spectrum from hate to love, averaging out somewhere near the center, pretty much like any MCU film. The first one was better.
>>
File: 1494381982275.jpg (690KB, 1998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494381982275.jpg
690KB, 1998x1500px
>>82794364
>>82793708
Why didn't he protect her smile
>>
Haven't seen it yet.

But do we have any explanation of the goo or is it still black magic that does whatever to further the plot?

Also do we have any explanation for the Alien mural in the Black Goo Vase cave in Prometheus?

Or even what the engineers were running from in the hologram?
>>
File: Ayyyyyy.jpg (239KB, 1041x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyyyy.jpg
239KB, 1041x1388px
So Anons

Is it just me or did Daniels develop a craving for Walter's humongous, vibrating robodick?
Early on, she says that she wanted to build that Cabin with her husband "to start their new life". In the ending she asks "Walter" if he would like to build it with her.

Is it coincidence that this particular story beat clued her on, or a clever callback, serving a twofold purpose?
>>
>>82794439
so what happened to her? why all the weird growth?
>>
>>82794485
Walter is a purer David.
His and Daniel's relationship is meant to run contrary to David and Shaw's
>>
>>82794580
Probably started pooping out eggs.
>>
>>82794580
Gotta give Ginger some love. He's the first name to appear in the credits.
>>
>>82793411
That's exactly what happened. He tried to go big-picture with the Engineers and creation and fagboys started crying about muh xenomorphs and muh nostalgia. So he ditched the only interesting pieces of Prometheus in order to make Alien 4: Tropefest.
>>
>>82794462
Anybody? I'll settle for theories/fan fiction at this point
>>
>>82794857
>the eighth Alien movie
>Alien 4
>>
>>82794872
It's still magic that does whatever to further the plot.

It doesn't even mutate the engineers David drops it on, it just kills them
>>
>>82794894
Think for a second. Do we have movies titled Alien 4-7 dipshit?
>>
>>82792362
You should seriously consider killing yourself, again.
>>
>>82794979
we never got Fast and the Furious 3 or 4 either but that didn't stop them from making 5, 6, 7 and 8
>>
>>82795026
I'll break it down for you autist: Covenant is so irrelevant to the set up in Prometheus that it might as well be titled Alien 4. THAT'S what I was saying.
>>
>people making movies for the sake of making movies
>choosing to shit on my favourite sci-fi franchises to do it
>only driven by financial gain
>no interest in telling a story what-so-ever
>have to write some stupid bullshit to film
>wa-la, that'll be $19.95 plus tip
>>
>>82784253
The backburster itself was pretty cool and I liked the Neomorph's overall look. But that scene plays out like a fucking Three Stooges sketch, it's so forced.

>oooops, i tripped!
>arhghghg oh my God!
>wait friend, i'll help you!
>oooops, i tripped too! and on the same exact spot as you!
>arrghghgh
>better crawl out of here!
>ouch, my foot got stuck in the doorway!
>i'm limping!
>oooops, i tripped and fell down the stairs!
>arhghghrhgh i'll kill you, creature!
>*misses every single shot*
>*accidently shoots random gallons of fuel"
>*entire ship explodes*
>>
>>82795398
Wanna know a secret? It's always been that way. And every generation bitches about "back in MY day"... I'm not shitting on you, I'm the same way. I give nostalgia credit to childhood movies that were and are legitimately bad. But what I've come to realize is that it's not the movies themselves I love, but the connections to the past they represent. They're intertwined with fond memories.
>>
>>82793761
>Scott ruins the mystery of the original films by explaining it
Midichlorians all over again.
>>
File: thigh.jpg (134KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
thigh.jpg
134KB, 1024x1325px
>>82795398
movie with a waifu-tier xeno when
>>
>>82795514
This isn't the best place for that sentiment because Alien was legitimately unlike anything anyone had ever seen before

Even if it held a few familiar sci-fi elements, nothing before it was so sincere, so gruesome, so grounded and explicit. There was zero camp, and this is still practically during the "flying saucer on fishing line" era.
>>
>>82784921
First 5 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises is pretty universally liked.
>>
>>82795514
But people who write comic books about these characters at least think "wouldn't it be cool if...", these directors probably don't even like Aliens or Predator.

>Predator Vs Alien Vs Dredd Vs Terminator
Yeah, there are some pretty shit stories out there, but they were made by people who actually like the franchises and wanted to tell a story.

The people making these politicized garbage movies are contracted to make a movie, and then sit down to write it. People who have passion and want to tell a story have it in their minds before that.

I'll probably watch this movie when it comes on regular TV, but only because it will probably be better than the last one. That's all. Neither of these movies are canon to me.

You can't just make a movie good because you are credited with a "good movie" 30 years in the past.
>>
>>82784253
What he should have done:
>Engineers should only have been hinted at, not fully shown or any DNA found, they should have mysteriously just disappeared and every ship is just an empty eery echo of their presence
>Should have focused on Davids journey to self discovery
>Black goo is cool, but should not have been seen as an Engineer creation, it should have been left open as to who created the goo
>Aliens David makes should not have been Xenos, they should have been something new and different
>Xenos should not have been in the movies at all
>Prometheus and AC should only have focused on a few small events with more detail, rather than the thinly spread mess he made

He's trying to explain too much and show too much in one movie.
>>
>>82784253
>the xenomorph's origin and entire reason of being can be boiled down to the whims of an asshole synthetic with a god complex

Bravo Ridley. Fucking Bravo.
>>
>>82795585
I understand, but you're describing your emotional reactions to seeing the movie when you did. I'm a child of the late 80's/early 90's but somehow totally missed the Alien franchise until I was much older. Watched it in my late teens and found it campy, predictable, with badly aged effects. Sure it was kinda scary and interesting but not in a way that moved me. So I don't have any problems with the modern iterations. I thought Prometheus was a fascinating as fuck standalone sci-fi entry and was really hoping Covenant would be more like it and less like Alien. However, I sperg the fuck out when people try to say Jurassic World was as good as Jurassic Park. So I get it, I just don't share the connection.
>>
>>82795770
this, david's explanation for his motivation LITERALLY boils down to
>dude humans are dumb and should all perish lmao
>dude I'm a synthetic but I want to create some life lmao

and it's all said in probably about 4 lines of dialogue
oh, and that's not to mention the fact that be actually developed a good relationship with Shaw which showed him that not all humans are bad, but he just chose to murder the fuck out of her because Scott really wanted to give us a villain

also, let's not forget that walter's entire arc in the movie was abruptly cut in the middle of a scene where he was making a decision, he might as well have winked at the camera and said 'see you in the sequel'
>>
>>82784253
Why did David decide to kill the Engineers?
>>
What you guys think about the ending?

I kind of expected it, I think it's pretty intriguing for the next movie.
>>
File: Prometheus-_Engineer_Angry.jpg (88KB, 776x518px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-_Engineer_Angry.jpg
88KB, 776x518px
>>82796058
Same reason Engineer tried to kill him. He realised they were inferior and dangerous, he couldn't have them around.
>>
File: best friends forever.jpg (148KB, 746x1072px) Image search: [Google]
best friends forever.jpg
148KB, 746x1072px
>David is actually pretty likable in Prometheus
>Covenant makes him a supervillain for no raisin
>>
>>82796282
He's a robot so of course he's evil. Only Cameron do nice robots.
>>
>>82796282
How is he likeable? He has no compassion for anyone. He's designed to be able to do things that other humans find difficult, like poisoning shaw and her bf.
>>
During the engineer scene I'm pretty sure there are really big engineers and really small engineers
>>
>>82796496
So there are manlet engineers?
>>
File: 1466012169096.gif (851KB, 570x498px) Image search: [Google]
1466012169096.gif
851KB, 570x498px
>>82795528
>Sexualising the Xeno

How utterly retarded.
>>
File: 1454276026374.png (10KB, 381x396px) Image search: [Google]
1454276026374.png
10KB, 381x396px
>>82796176
>The Engineer tried to kill David because he realised he was a psychopath
>>
File: 5372c68a903d2.jpg (55KB, 764x510px) Image search: [Google]
5372c68a903d2.jpg
55KB, 764x510px
>>82796572
>Giger built this model for Alien 3
>He wished for it to have a more "lithe, sensual" design, complete with a set of full pouty lips, and he pitched a scene to writers in which the Alien would appear to passionately kiss a guy while eating his brain through the roof of his mouth
>>
>>82784253
So what happened to that proto-Xenomorph that was born in the last scene of Prometheus? Did David kill him?
>>
File: 1415701511877.png (159KB, 562x509px) Image search: [Google]
1415701511877.png
159KB, 562x509px
>>82796742
That looks and sounds great, to bad the sexual portion of Alien was lost after the first (with a glimpse of it in Resurrection)
>>
>>82792096

super late....it's ehhh

The stomach is still covered by your ribs except for the bottom, but I think it also counts as being in the abdomen, it's just higher up than a lot of people thing
>>
>>82790401
It's not alien, it's neomorph
>>
>>82796742
my fucking dick
>>
>>82794462
You won't get any explanations related to Prometheus in this film
>>
File: hugs from bugs.jpg (39KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
hugs from bugs.jpg
39KB, 600x434px
>>82796868
They made the way the one carries Ripley to see the Newborn look like the comfiest thing ever
>>
>>82796572
>one side of tape longer than other

triggered
>>
>>82796742
You missed the point entirely, they whole point of the Xeno is that it is sexualised.

So sexualising it is retarded.
>>
>>82790499
Jesus Christ. Please no.
>>
>>82797114
There are a few things explained.

David says he saw Weyland and humans as flawed and they deserve to die. This explains his behaviour towards the crew and also that he might have purposely angered the Engineer to kill Weyland.

He also does the same gesture the Engineer from Prometheus does, when he gently caresses Walters face before attempting to kill him, which suggests the Engineer felt the same way about David. He pitied David as a creation of imperfect humans and destroyed him.
>>
>>82794439
Where is that photo from anyway
>>
>>82791881
How did Shaw's get the eggs inside of her? What happened?
>>
>>82797802
She probably created small eggs which David removed and incubated. I doubt she pinched those bad boys out of her ass.
>>
>>82797836
No I mean how did Shaw's body develop said eggs in the first place? Was she faceraped?
>>
>>82792721
It's not.
>>
>>82785576
It's an Alien, trying to apply this type of logic to it isn't right, it doesn't work by our rules when it comes to things like ripping people apart.
>>
>>82784921
i kinda like the first AvP and the second one was pretty comfy and i like watching it.
>>
>>82795514
There is a good amount of truth in what you did write, even in the best movie because their realisation is driven by profit.
Nonetheless, in every period, there are movies (or books, or whatever) realised with a spark of creative energy, an attention, be it heart or autism, that put them on another level.
>>
>>82784921
antz was alright
>>
>>82798050
David said he studied the Engineers and their technology and stuff, so I guess he made small genetic mutations to shaw. Don't forget that women produce eggs anyway, the disgusting creatures.
>>
>>82795398
Every movie is made for money my child. Ridley is also a millonare and he is doing what he wants
>>
>David makes out that the Alien eggs and Xenomorph from the first film is the best ever despite facehuggers being pretty shit tier compared to the spores and goos and whathaveyou from Prometheus and Covenant
>the space jockey ship from the original film has Alien eggs on it despite this being retconned to be something David made up

This series is getting to be as bad as Star Wars as far as unnecessary prequel plot holes are concerned.

Is the Blomkamp Alien sequel still in the works?
>>
>>82797767
That actually makes sense
>>
>>82793845
What happened to that alien anyway? He was just left there on Promotheus' planet, right? I thought he was gonna pop up again in Covenant somehow but nothing happened
>>
>>82784921
>/TV/
I certainly dont like you.
>>
>>82798295
This is not an argument. The director is the same, clearly the rest of the team dropped in quality since then.
>>
>>82784253
>If I didn't see it it didn't happen

You have to know your first question is stupid.

Yep what the fuck. Idk why they designed these white people different than last movie. Maybe they are other white people.

Meme squad
>>
>>82798379
There is no alien 5 script.

David didn't create the alien he made an alien. It's a fucking protomorph anyway. Maybe there are advantages to a longer process.

Cumming in ten seconds isn't impressive.
>>
>>82795936
No, Alien is a legimitely great sci-fi horror with the vast majority of its special effects having aged really well.
It doesn't depend on nostalgia at all in order for it's qualities to be recognized because it's objectively a great movie.
>>
>>82798566
You talked about money not quality.
>>
>>82795995
He's a robot. Doing what robots do.

>Why did you make us?
Because we could.
>David process to test on Shaw's husband with the goo because... He could
>>
>>82796742
is it too bad i find those lips really sexy? this fucking site has ruined my sexuality
>>
>>82798802
wasn't him! Anyway my point is that albeit there is always money behind, time restraint and human factor (shitty writers, dumb execs) can fuckup movies you expected be like the originals.
Like The Hobbit and Lotr, as an example.
>>
QUESTION

If a planet is full of neo/xenomorphs and no other life because they killed everything, what the fuck they do eat?
I swear the xenos are the stupidiest plot device ever, they are over hyperactive killers that don't even try to coexist, they just kill and don't consider anything, then what? Okay you created a thousand more xenos you little shit and there's nobody more around now what?
Fuck these stupid space animals.
>>
How did the alien eggs survived inside David? His body couldn't be cold enough to let them survive
>>
>>82796124
It's intriguing but I could see that twist coming from a mile away.
>>
>>82799037
he just told you in that very post that it was the author's intention
>>
>>82799348
>le perfect lifeform meme
>>
>>82784921
>/TV/
>*anything*

>>>leddit
back you go :^)
>>
>>82784921
good movies
>>
File: kung pow.webm (3MB, 294x125px) Image search: [Google]
kung pow.webm
3MB, 294x125px
>>82784921
Kung Pow is universally loved
>inb4 stream that film if you're so great
>>
>>82799348
Their cells must soak up the whole EM spectrum like a sponge on top of being impossibly energy efficient.
>>
>>82784253
i know its going to blow asshole but i'm pretty excited to danny mcbride die
>>
>>82784921
i loke poozy
>>
>>82784253

How is everyone seeing this already?
>>
>>82799932
After Brexit, UK gets all movies weeks before everyone else.
>>
>>82799932
It's already showing in some regions.
>>
>>82798379
>Is the Blomkamp Alien sequel still in the works?
Nope, it was cancelled. Ridley said so in an interview last week.
>>
>>82784921
not you
>>
>>82799932
>americans
>>
Wow this movie sounds terrible. Fuck you Hollywood and Ridley scott
>>
>>82800827
I enjoyed it, but Ridley in an interview literally says it's a B Movie plot wrapped up as an A Movie.

I think he's just making money now.
>>
>>82799847
You're gonna be disappointed then.
>>
>>82791305
he had brown hair before then.

It was after he cut his shit.
>>
>>82799348
They hybernate until more preys appear
>>
>>82799348
If they're truly a "Wrath of God" type of final solution, it makes sense that they go through the entire ecosystem, causing a total extinction level event for all higher animals, before rendering themselves extinct.
>>
>>82802093
>>82799348
I mean, it was explored in the comics that they can pretty much live of nothing but like a single bite of food for a long while. And they do have a natural predator on the hive world. But Ridley made that impossible to be canon.
>>
>>82802093
It might be interesting science fiction if they tied the fermi paradox into the franchise and made the xenomorph the great filter. Every advanced civilization either builds them independently or stumbles upon them and then goes extinct because they are the built in finish line to advanced life.
>>
File: stromtroopers vs alien.jpg (154KB, 2000x930px) Image search: [Google]
stromtroopers vs alien.jpg
154KB, 2000x930px
>>82801345
THIS, Alien has become mainstream now and he just want to jew as much money as he can of it
>>
>>82802458
>alien has become mainstream.
It's been fucking mainstream since aliens, and the first alien was incredibly popular. Fuck off.
>>
>>82802380
>And they do have a natural predator on the hive world

Can you elaborate?
Sounds more interesting already than the current "lore"
>>
File: Trashman cometh.jpg (167KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
Trashman cometh.jpg
167KB, 650x429px
>>82802458
>banner isn't in Aurebesh
>>
>>82799932
lmao it's even out in Mexico already
>>
>>82802632
They were never brought up Really in depth, it like big acid proof komodo dragons that can walk on 2 legs
>>
>>82799932
Peru 11 May 2017
Uruguay 11 May 2017
Estonia 12 May 2017
India 12 May 2017
Lithuania 12 May 2017

LOL USA, USA , USA USA
>>
wow
this movie was fucking boring.
granted there are few interesting elements here and there like David's drawings, but hoooolyyy fuck it was so god damn boring even potential bear-fags and multiracial shit doesn't bothered me at all.
fuck this.
i'm out.
i literally never, ever will go to see a remake/retelling/reboott movie from my childhood.
no fucking way

>>82802632
seconded
>>
File: Plagiarism.png (180KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
Plagiarism.png
180KB, 500x253px
>>82802405
What if I told you that there's a top-tier stand alone comic that takes this exact premise?
It's called Apocalypse or something.
In that comic, the Aliens are created, but not by the Jockeys, but rather by some primordial elder god things and periodically resurface to wash over the galaxy and "restore balance" by purging all advanced life.
Jockeys were simply another tuesday, that took place 3,5 bil. years ago.

It ironically shares plenty of similarities with Prometheus of all things, despite being its senior by 14 years,:
An Ancient Jockey outpost discovered through an ancient map, one final jockey in stasis that get's infected, a nefarious android that gets reduced to a talking head, a no nonsense nigra captain, christian references up the wazzoo, etc...

But where Prometheus goes full Von Daniken, Apocalypse goes full nihilistic Lovecraft-lite.

/shill
>>
>>82801345
He was talking about Alien
>>
File: 1488412261021.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488412261021.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>82788284
And the bonus situation? What's the deal with that?
>>
>>82785902
It's plausible David just fucked up the landing, but why have the crash site in the movie if it doesn't serve any narrative purpose? The whole thing reeks of desperation in the editing room. The movie was not thought through. As to your point re Engineer body sizes, I can't say it bothered me but I guess we can add "contracts bones" to the list of black goo's effects.

I think it's fair to say that Ridley Scott is not a director overly-concerned with the details of the script. He made The Counsellor after all. This movie could have shit all over the lore for all I care, it would have been nice if it was at least internally consistent.

Finally, Fury Road tells a simple story very well and is consistently engaging, and you are the one who is gay.
>>
>>82802960
And still no cam or anything out there. Why?
Yes I'm a poor pleb.
>>
>>82803345
It's too bad they probably won't take advantage of such a great setup. Tell the audience everything about the alien and it's origins and then rip it away with some deeper cosmic horror. I especially like the notion of David being the unwitting puppet of some timeless eldritch being.
>>
>>82803345
Lol wut? It really sounds like some of the first drafts by Spaiths might as well been a straight adaptation. And from what I can see about this book online, the setup would mesh with ALIEN a lot better.

What could have been...
>>
>>82795936
This guy doesn't get it. If you think Alien is campy then none of your opinions are worth sharing.
>>
>>82791443
>They could do it if Jodorowsky didnt spent 3 millions of
you didnt watch the documentary did you?

It was a very cheap production and no studio had problems with it financially, they just where scared of Jodorowsky because they couldnt understand him.
>>
>>82803665
Peruanon here, people is not really interested in Alien Covenant here, I went to the premiere and the theater was only half full.
If it was Fast and the Furious 8 you'll already have hundreds of ripcams in espaƱol latino around
>>
>>82784490
This can be said without disparaging Scott. He's a director and as one he's fine. But he's one component in what is a collaborative process. And while his piece in that puzzle is a pronounced one, any number of other pieces being weak can ruin the whole.

Fact is Scott is a fine director and can help teams of talented people produce wonderful and memorable films. He is not, however, an auteur and these later movies of his are simply products of weaker teams.

His cinematography is still fine and that's just about the only real tell you can read on a director.
>>
>>82796457
umm he still has a mechanism where he cant harm humans, he can find ways aroud it but only if they give him authorization to do it.
>>
>>82803345
what is the name of this comicbook anyway?
>>
>>82803345
ahh I remember this one, is it the one with the OWL for a pet?

Anyways there is another and EVEN BETTER comicbook which is a Predator VS an Engineer.
>>
File: originality.png (604KB, 365x675px) Image search: [Google]
originality.png
604KB, 365x675px
>>82806490
>Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels
>>
>>82797793
not from the movie, some production still of artwork
>>
>>82784921
Urgh, how are you supposed to watch something made by rich people and "like" it.
>>
>>82784921
The sopranos
>>
>auto sage
>>82808002
>>82808002
>>82808002
New thread
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.