[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this? Also, do you recommend any other movies from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: letters-from-iwo-jima.jpg (247KB, 989x1399px) Image search: [Google]
letters-from-iwo-jima.jpg
247KB, 989x1399px
Thoughts on this?

Also, do you recommend any other movies from the gook point of view in WW2?
>>
>>82783174
I thought it was better than flags of our fathers
>>
>>82783330
spotted the commie piece of shit
>>
>>82783174
>Japanese
>gook
They're called nips you racist fuck
>>
>>82783357
Not him, but it was better in the way that it was different. FoOF was more of the typical American war movie and LfIJ was more like a drama, which I liked more.
>>
>>82783393
Flags was actually the exact opposite of a typical American war movie. If anything Letters was more of a typical american war movie. Flags was all about the American's disillusionment with the american ideal of the war hero.
>>
>>82783174
"Emperor in August"

It's a 3-part mini-series about the lead-up to the Japanese surrender, and the attempted coup to prevent the Emperor's surrender address. Good acting, good set pieces, good costumes--it looks Hollywood tier, but definitely has more of a Japanese narrative style.
>>
>>82783174
Tora Tora Tora
>>
>pre-battle
9/10 comfy as fuck
>during battle
5/10 haahwaaw sudoku in cave
>>
>>82783477
Okay. I haven't seen them in a long time. I liked it because it was from a rare perspective of the defeated.
>>
>>82783919
Well, Letters was based off of the account of one person. Flags is based off of each of the main characters' correspondence and accounts from other soldiers in their unit. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>82783330

It was.

>>82783357

Supporting the imperialistic nippon worldview makes you a communist, despite the Nips fighting the communists?

>American education

>>82783174

TORA TORA TORA
>>
>>82784298
This person advocated the bombing of Pearl Harbor. If you support him then you support ISIS.
>>
>>82783915
Japs have this weird :"I did my best, now I must die." inefficiency that makes them really shitty warriors.
As long as you desperately wish to live, you will find a fucking way, that mentality literally invented A-bomb.
Japs are good when it all goes well, perfect planning etc but if one thing was not as planned=sudoku!!
>>
>>82783174

It was very good.

You should check out The Last Emperor. Granted the war section is only a portion of the film, but it is interesting nonetheless.
>>
It's pure kino. War films from the perspective of the losing side are the only honest war films, that's why American Vietnam films are good but American WW2 films are lame.
>>
Fires on the Plain (1959)
The Burmese Harp (1956)
>>
>>82784456
Wew. Never thought about it this way. Inb4 butthurt faggots come in and link wiki about K/D ratios.
>>
>>82784388
If you support FDR, then you support the military industrial complex that profitted off wwii and is now also funding ISIS.
>>
>>82783174
Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
Fires on the Plain

Pure fucking Kino and do a better job of portraying the Japanese perspective than Iwo Jimo imo.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.