[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Huh. I'm actually really liking the aesthetic of this movie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 51beb1a33c327888739d1b6cc938787f.jpg (245KB, 800x1130px) Image search: [Google]
51beb1a33c327888739d1b6cc938787f.jpg
245KB, 800x1130px
Huh. I'm actually really liking the aesthetic of this movie.
>>
>>82779597
All the cold hygienic science laboratory stuff counterpoised with elements of gauzy future-gothic.
>>
>>82779655
And the industrial-y guitar riffs, and all the clean martial execution, and that black dude's cool voice.
>>
>>82779695
And Michelle Rodriguez's dead-eyed tough bitch expression. And corporatism. And 'toxic' aesthetics. And the game-ic way the movie is structured.

It's all sick, I'm loving this.
>>
>>82779597
This and retribution I'd say are my favorites.
>>
>>82779597
Don't get used to it, it's the only half-decent one out of all of them.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Acfk6dzv7Q
>>
what was the best alice outfit
>>
OP here. It got less interesting when it just become more of a zombie-shooting movie, but I still kind of liked it.
>>
>>82780785
This. First was ok, then more and more slow mo and stupid shit turn up.
>>
>>82782363

This is some Sophie's Choice bullshit, how can you ask me such a thing?
>>
>>82779597
First movie is super great popcorn cinema.
>>
>>82779597
Have you seen Underworld series? Give it a try. Also Blade series with Wesley Snipes.

I enjoy goth nu-Vampire schlock. Queen of the Damned is still terrible though
>>
>>82784331
I suppose Alien: Resurrection is kinda similar too. Also Death Machine.
>>
>>82782445
>this xD
>>
>>82779597
Good music and set decoration, also decent cgi for the time. I consider it a cult movie. Apocalypse and Extinction are watchable.
REs from this decade - utter tripe, Paul Anderson really dropped the ball.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHbOc5ii3w
>>
>>82779597
First Resident Evil is stealth-kino. DOOM is also incredibly watchable if not downright good.
>>
the intro music is superb
>>
>>82779597
I like creepy Umbrella Corp
>>
>>82784729
After the first one came out everyone complained it wasn't like the games, so he started copying the games almost exactly. Unfortunately the games went to complete shit.
>>
>>82786721
New games are retarded but a movie in the style of the first game could work really well. The trouble is that you'd probably need some weird fuck like Lucio Fulci to get the tone right. It's the kind of tone and story which is simply impossible to recreate now. What was cheap and dingy then looks too different to what's cheap and dingy now. That old kind of dirty dilapidatedness is gone from movies for good, for better or worse.
>>
The first is the best but all the sequels were at least enjoyable, my favourite was Resident Evil: Prison Break
>>
>>82779746
>It's all sick,
Is there an anti virus?
>>
>>82782363
Definitely retribution, the one with the tight black slutsuit
>>
That one is the only "good" one. I love the intro of the movie. The zoom in on that room with him manipulating the virus while that amazing Marilyn Manson music plays in the background. The dogs from this movie used to give me nightmares.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

kek
>>
>>82787732
The theme of the first RE is severely underrated. I think the first film actually has great atmosphere. Not a great movie, but it's pretty entertaining. I actually like Apocalypse quite a bit, based Kretschmann elevates any movie he's in. None of the RE movies are great, that goes wihtout saying, but they're normally entrertaining at least. Extinction and Retribution were the only ones I thought were both shit and boring. The guy that plays Wesker is pretty amazing.
>>
>>82789453
I put them in the same category as Blade and Underworld
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7mZH2u3Qc
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.