[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone give me a reason to be excited about Star Wars again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Starwars-640x360.jpg (79KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Starwars-640x360.jpg
79KB, 640x360px
Someone give me a reason to be excited about Star Wars again.

Anything, because I'm fucking struggling to care about something I used to love.
>>
>>82774919
I hate the fan base.
I try to just think of them as movies that I enjoy and not a large multi-billion dollar franchise, but I'm still struggling
>>
>>82774919
just try to pretend that rogue one never happend
>>
There's nothing left to love. Move on.
>>
check these dubs
>>
File: 1492979042570.jpg (76KB, 486x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492979042570.jpg
76KB, 486x800px
>>82774919
>>
File: 1492979478177.jpg (120KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492979478177.jpg
120KB, 600x800px
>>82774919
Here ya go
>>
>>82774919
Star Destroyers
Death Stars
AT-STs
AT-ATs
Millennium Falcon
Darth Vader
X-Wings
Tie Fighters
Stormtroopers
cute maintenance droids
planets that look similar to the planets in the OT
Han solo prequel feautirng Chewbacca and young Lando
Obi Wan Kenobi prequel featuring Qui Gon Gin
Yoda prequel featuring Yaddle and Chewbacca
Luke Skywalker prequel featuring Han Solo, Leia Organa and Darth Vader
Chancellor Palpatine prequel featuring Darth Plaeguis the Wise
Captain Phasma solo movie
Rogue Two
and Episodes VIII and IX
>>
>>82775494
Also TFA while you are pretending
>>
>>82774919
Don't.

The stoory Star Wars ended with Return of the Jedi.

Everything else is made up bullshit.
>>
>>82774919
Then don't care. Media isn't a set menu dinner, it's an open buffet. Pick and choose what you watch and don't be a resentful turd when something you don't like is popular, or something you do like isn't. Don't look to strangers to justify why you should or shouldn't enjoy something. Just be happy that there's plenty for us all to enjoy.
>>
>>82775816
>Han solo prequel feautirng Chewbacca and young Lando
>Obi Wan Kenobi prequel featuring Qui Gon Gin
>Yoda prequel featuring Yaddle and Chewbacca
>Luke Skywalker prequel featuring Han Solo, Leia Organa and Darth Vader
>Chancellor Palpatine prequel featuring Darth Plaeguis the Wise
>Captain Phasma solo movie
>Rogue Two
>and Episodes VIII and IX
This kills the fan
>>
File: S1_grande.jpg (52KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
S1_grande.jpg
52KB, 600x425px
>>82774919
get off the StarWars/Stargate/StarTrek merry-go-round and watch a sci-fi program that defines what sci-fi should be
>>
>>82775892

This.
>>
>>82774919
If you wan't to continue to watch a bunch of diversity millennial fucktards play pretend in cookie cutter fanfiction "Star Wars" movies then you should be excited for all the new installments, otherwise its time to move on.
>>
>>82775892
>wow the steak at this restaurant used to be really good but now the quality of meat sucks
>Just order something else off the menu retard! God entitled manbabies!
>>
>>82776010
He wasn't talking about the quality of cinema. Just one film. So your mincing of my metaphor doesn't really hold up.

Just sayin'.

I see it more as "the meatloaf smells a bit off, I might try the rib eye."
>>
File: darth_vader.jpg (39KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
darth_vader.jpg
39KB, 550x300px
>>82775892
I'm not trying to be resentful, I just feel adrift. I got invested in the old canon and the new stuff hasn't done it for me at all.

I just want a reason to care, something to look forward to. Anything.
>>
>>82776051
The quality of starwars, the steak, has dropped significantly. Its perfectly reasonable to not be stoked over a series because it is declining in quality regardless of the fact that you could choose to watch something better.
>>
>>82776079
A Luke Skywalker "redemtion" or rising arc in 8 and 9 might be nice?

See how he pulls himself together and gets back on the horse?

I'm not sure if that's the route they'll take, but I'd like to see it. Even after Empire Luke didn't really waver in his resolve so his story didn't quite have a low point. He went from farm boy to war hero to Jedi apprentice to galaxy saviour - now we get to see a new shade of Luke in the form of a broken and beaten man who's victories amounted to nothing. Who's lost faith. Friends. Seeing how he came to that place and how he gets back from it COULD be good. Depends on execution.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.