[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Gods S01E03

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 28

File: hjjkk.png (467KB, 961x407px) Image search: [Google]
hjjkk.png
467KB, 961x407px
The dialogue in this show kinda sucks it feels like they just trying to dump the book into a show
>>
>>82764606
What was the gay sex scene about?
Did he become a djinn? Did the djinn take over his body?
Did the djinn just give him a job?
>>
This show went to shit fast
>>
>>82764606
women """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""writers"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>82764606
the book is massively overrated and coasts on an interesting premise that is never really paid off in a satisfying way. there was no chance this show was going to be good.
>>
the fuck's the torrent
>>
How come the black slaves on the boat were shocked to be enslaved when they had already been captured as slaves back in Africa?
>>
>>82767433
been out for hours pleb, get a real tracker
>>
>>82767511
To guilt trip viewers
>>
>>82767511
US education is THIS bad, uh?
>>
>>82767511
Because slavery in Africa was different than what slavery in America was. You can assume they were shocked that they were chained up in a boat
>>
Yeah, no OP. Don't talk about writing when you know shit about it.
>>
no, starz, you'll never convince me to watch something that stars 50 cent
>>
>>82764606

the opening scene with anubis was pretty great, though.
>>
>full frontal
>full gay sex scene between Muslims

I really hope the Muslim community watched this one. Can't wait for their reaction.

Has there been a single nude scene of a non-black woman yet?
>>
>>82767396
I enjoy the book but admit the payoff is disappointing. The side story with the village by the lake was the best part honestly.
>>
Wtf just happened?
His wish was to become a cab driver? Kek
>>
>>82769270
His wish was to fuck another Muslim fag.
>>
Awful show desu. Cast a model to be the lead actor and nothing happens in these episodes.
>>
>>82769270

his wish was to not live his shitty life being a door to door salesman in america and the djinn didn't want to trade cabs anymore.

through gay fuck magic they switched lives
>>
>>82767511
That boat wasn't a good representation of what the slaver boats were actually like. The slaves in the show had ample light and space, and it wasn't nearly wet enough. Slavers would cram as much slaves as possible in their holds, so that wasn't even close to full.
>>
>>82767383
The book was written by a man and the two showrunners are men. You cant blame women for the suck.
>>
>>82767634
Yes it was worse. Especially if they were enslaved by muslim traders rather than other african tribes that jiat hated them.
>>
>>82764606

WE
>>
>>82770225
*just

Fuck my fat fingers
>>
>>82767690

WE
>>
>>82767511
Is this what the teach people on /pol/?
>>
>>82765248
They switched work life's. Remember, he was wearing the blue suit in the diner when he met with Mr. Wednesday. So he kinda sorta granted his wish since he didn't like selling shit, so now he drives a cab.
>>
>>82770281
>WE WUZ SLAVES

Oh wait, yeah they were slaves. Huh.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-14-23h15m10s181.png (335KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-14-23h15m10s181.png
335KB, 720x404px
rip in peace buddy.

should've stayed in mapleland
>>
>>82765248
Be careful of petty wishes
>>
>>82767511
It was interesting that Ansasi would be so wrong, considering it was a black man that created slaves in America.

They were indentured servants until Anthony Johnson freed himself, became a servant owning landowner and then said "aw hell naw dawg" when one of his servants tried to free himself, creating a precedent for slavery.

Thanks Obama
>>
That opening scene was pretty dope
>>
>>82764606

>1st ep is cool if a bit edgy
>2nd is literally black lives matter and showing dicks for no reason
>3rd ep is more feel bad for niggers shit

might have to drop. getting a bit retarded now.
>>
>>82764606
>American Gods
>a black bull
seems about right
>>
>>82770791
>All of these big dicks make me feel so insecure about my tiny 3 incher. :*(
>>
>>82770791
You didn't even watch the third episode, did you?
>>
>>82770791
You forgot the gay shit in episode 3.
>>
>>82770791
Why so triggered
>>
>>82770939
No, he did not.

>>82770938
That was a bit much though; Dafuq is Gay men doing with all these fag shit. And what the fuck, they had the fags on the desert no less. Jinns aren't fags, are they? I know they created fags, or something but they're not butt pirates, are they? Fuck. We have yet to see a White woman and a white man go at it. But fuck, now it looks like we'll be having Shadow boning his dead wife. What the fuck is going on with Kneels Gay Man?
>>
>>82770225
from what i recall, children weren't born into slavery in africa like they were in the americas
>>
>>82770960
And then the fags were in the desert and then the fucking fire fag came fire in the other guys ass and his inner soul caught on fire. What the fuck is this shit? Why can't there be like a cunny god where you get to cum in cunny and then you and her live forever somewhere, where no body judges you?
>>
>>82771122
No, because the Arab tradition calls for castration upon enslavement
>>
I don't mind this show, thought the side stories interest me more.

I do love how full /pol/ it makes people go.
>>
>>82769270
no his wish was to not be a salesmen

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR
>>
>>82771751
He let the dude fuck fire up his ass to not be a salesman? Fucking go work at a McDonalds you stupid sand nigger, don't let a dude put his demon dick up your ass and cum fire in you. Fuck! And don't tell me they're going to make shadow put his dick in his rotting dead wife? That'd be too much, even for me.
>>
When the fuck are the MIB showing up, most interesting characters in this shitshow, plus they actually move the plot forward
>>
I wish i had a god for a friend ;__;
>>
>>82765248
He got a djinn job.
>>
>Its the djinn CtA story
How much did they cover this ep? Until the moon coin scene or what?
>>
>>82769057
>>full gay sex scene between Muslims
wasin the book
>>
holy shit that episode was a waste of time.
>>
>>82772631
>recruited the god they were after
>robbed a bank
>Mad Sweeny shenanigans
>Laura is alive again

yea a whole lot of nothing
>>
>>82765248
the sex scene was a surprise in the book to shit happened out of no where didnt even know he was gay when they told his story

> and kinda gross sucking some swetty cabby dick
>>
>>82772626
I know it's canon, I just thought it'd be funny to see Muslims get butthurt about it.
>implying that a gay sex scene has to be shown in that much explicit detail
>>
>watch first episode
>scene where guy gets released from jail
>he gets on a bus
>next scene he's in a place that looks really familiar
>wait a second thats where i live
>he's suddenly in an airport

what the FUCK
immersion ruined
we don't have an airport
ruined
>>
>>82772767
Give it time. Its probably nighttime in sandland, even caliphs need their sleep
>>
>>82772767
i like that they are going in detail with the sex scenes. Gives me hope for shadow and catgirl
>>
File: 2017-05-15-0023-13.webm (2MB, 1008x566px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-15-0023-13.webm
2MB, 1008x566px
>>
>>82773099
>>82772730
Im in a place with real shitty connection here. So whats the gist of Mad Sweeney shenanigans?
>>
>>82769057

The girl in Wednesday's bed in episode 2.
>>
>>82773227
he lost the source of his good luck so shit keeps going sideways for him

also his fun usual dialogue
>>
>>82772458

It's been some time since I read the book, but it started with Shadow getting the moon and beating Chenobog at checkers, and ended shortly after they robbed the bank with Shadow finding Laura in his motel room.

I'm pretty sure the timeline e from the book is a little fucked.
>>
>>82773502
Hot af 2bh
>>
>>82773099
/pol/ shouldn't be mad about BLM stuff, they should be mad that potato niggers are somehow considered white after this episode
>>
This show is not good lol
>>
>>82764606
i was going to watch this show but i'm not watching a show with a black guy. looks like i'm watching fargo and waiting for the next season of the last kingdom.
>>
>>82771141
Theres the cunt god who eats you with her cunt
>>
>>82773227
He gave away his good luck charm. Now he's fucked. That coin he gave Shadow was a big fucking deal

>>82773617
Jesus you kind of people are fucking pathetic.
>>
>>82773617
This shows pretty good, Shadow is meant to be more racially ambiguous tho.
>>
>>82773889
what other actor could they get this is the closest the could of got to the book
>>
>>82773889
> you got nigger blood in you boy?
>>
>>82773910
I dunno I always pictured Shadow as looking native American tho.
>>
>>82769742
The djinn did this so that when the new gods kill him as part of the upcoming war they actually kill the salesman, at least that was the point of it in the book.
>>
>gay pajeet sex scene

Looks like Fuller has bypassed the subtle homolust Hannibal had all together with this shit
>>
>>82775062
it's in the source material, it's not like he added it just for goofs
>>
>>82775062
i cant keep up with racist faggots are we calling are sand niggers now pajeet
>>82773502
>>
Man Egyptian Afterlfe sucks

>Weigh your heart
>Now pick a door

What do the doors mean?
>>
>>82775282

so anubis weighs your heart, right? if you were a piece of shit in your human life the heart weighs heavier than the feather of truth, and you get thrown into the maw of an alligator god.

if not, like in the show, and its fairly balanced, then you get to enter the Duat. the Duat is the egyptian realm of the dead and is full of trials, or gateways, that you still need to pass through in order to enter egyptian paradise, called Aaru.

think like fields of elysium. thing is though, is that the Duat is full of monsters and demons guarding the gateways, usually armed with weapons and with grotesque appearances. its assumed if you fail their tests you get consumed or some shit.

basically that old lady is most likely still fucked.
>>
>>82775469
Sounds like no fun allowed. I'll take boring ole Christain Afterlife.
>>
>>82775552

what's going to be interesting is to see how shadow's wife, having encountered anubis for some reason, doesnt get judged by anubis
>>
>>82773502

Having an Arabian fire demon fuck me full of his demon fire and turning me into an Arabian fire demon is my fetish.
>>
>>82770656
He wasn't wrong, he was weaving a tale .

He's a trickster and storyteller god.

In the show he was trying to convince the slaves to be his sacrifices, and to us he was weaving a moving tale so they we'd see it as more than just sacrifice for him to gain power and influence.
>>
>>82775190
Found the butthurt Sand Nigger and/or Pajeet.

Learn to type or get into the fucking oven.
>>
>>82775685
me too, anon. me too.
>>
File: hungry batman.jpg (5KB, 165x188px) Image search: [Google]
hungry batman.jpg
5KB, 165x188px
First episode
>Black man gets cucked by a white man.
Second episode
>Trickster race baits a boatload of black slaves into burning their ships down and dying
Third episode
>Gay haram Muslim sex

WHAT DID THEY MEAN BY THIS?
>>
Fuck, Laura!
>>
>>82764606
that scene never happened in the book
>>
>>82775609
she doesn't believe in anibus why would it matter to her?
>>
>>82773099
this wasnt in the book but it was needed they didnt explay why he wanted the coin so bad in the book
>>82777109
>>
>>82764606
Openings of this show: 10/10
Shadow/Wednesday Plotline: 7/10
Other random disconnected scenes: 4/10
>>
post neet tits
>>
>>82772730
read the book so maybe it was just ruined. pacing in the show is god awful.
>>
>>82777399
Pacing in the book is also bad, it only starts getting up at the House of Stone.
>>
ITT: triggered /pol/ reverse tumblrinas
>>
This show is fucking awful. McShane is its only saving grace.
>>
I think the third episode was great aside of the gay scene (not because it was gay, but because CG looked like PS2 game cutscene).

The visuals are so clever - like when we see Sweeny's shadow that looks like a real leprechaun. Or how streetlight reflections in Ifrit's glasses look like flame. It worth rewatching for such pictures alone.
>>
>>82773502

I literally discovered that gay arabian sex is my fetish through this.

Thanks, /tv/.

And also this >>82775685
>>
>>82777805
wait really?
>>
>>82777805

I think the gay scene was too much just normal sex, and not enough magic or fantasy.
>>
>it's a high-def slow-mo close-up of a cigarette burning episode
>>
>>82777805
>like when we see Sweeny's shadow that looks like a real leprechaun

When?
>>
how did laura fit that 9inch dick all the way down her throat?
it was said that when they were in the crash his dick was severed at the base
>>
>>82770544
>oh cool, Scott Thompson got more work, I always like...
>...
>nevermind.
>>
>>82777945
bitch could deep throat
>>
>>82770544
How is this "bad luck" exactly? It would be bad luck if the pipe had killed him. The driver getting killed wasn't even a minor inconvenience - he got further in that car than he would have if he had walked, including delays from the death.
>>
>>82777906
When he walks the road right before the car scene. It's just a short shadow due sun being high, but the intent of this shot is clear.
>>
>>82777900
IN THE BOOK HE CAME IN HIS MOUTH
>>
What was the justification for the prolonged gay sex scene? I'm just questioning how normies who like this show would possibly defend it outside of "wow so progressive."

I'm gay btw
>>
>>82778047

Yes, and the whole scene was like one page from an almost 50 page chapter, not 5 minutes of explicit imagery on an one-hour episode.

Also, it wasn't the book best moment, felt forced for shock value.
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (17KB, 190x266px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
17KB, 190x266px
>>82778139
Fuck muslims. This show is secretly redpilled

>mexican jesus
>>
>>82778135
hmm how long do i have to wake up burly middle eastern cab/uber drivers in order to get some hot jinn sex?
>>
>>82778139
>le self-loathing gay begging for attention meme

kys
>>
>>82778233
Answer the question
>>
>>82778285
The same justification for everything else in the show: artistic freedom.

You're a pretty idiotic and narrow minded person if you think every little thing needs some kind of justification just because you're a self-loathing faggot. You wouldn't bat an eye if it was a straight sex scene.
>>
>>82778327
Straight sex scenes are also garbage. It's filler that doesn't even have the typical excuse of "character development."
>>
>Bill Murray
>loved actor known for decades of great film work
>Joel Murray
>got sucked up into a vagina
>>
>>82778794
yeah but, what a way to go
>>
>>82771333

This. I love the cinematography, love the value of the stories, love the characters, and then I get to love the paul tear showers when roasties bitch about not getting the same boring generic bullshit the same boring generic writers throw around in every other piece of cinema released for the past decades.
>>
>>82773963

Yeah I thought he was native American too
>>
How do you think the characters match up to the actors?
And are the other names out? who Is going to play Heinzelmann? Sam? shadows mom?
>>
>>82779027
lakeside hasn't been cast yet, but we;ll be seeing that season 2
>>
Gay muslim was such a whiny bitch. Ooh, it's so hard to live in America, poor me! Be grateful, in your native country you would be stoned or hanged.
>>
>>82770423
No, that's what they teach in actual universities. The idea that white people went to the heartland of africa and captured people and made them slaves is shit-tier public school american education. What actually happened was that other africans would enslave them and then sell them to whites.
Due to your shitty education, you probably also think that making a black man play an egyptian god is accurate.
>>
>>82779179
Nope, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>82779120
Wait, season 2??
They cant wrap it up in the next 9 episodes..?
>>
>>82770423
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>82779212
Yes, I do, that's how slavery worked the vast majority of times. Roots isn't an academic work, anon.
>>
>>82779222
bruh, season one only covers a third of the book, season 2 starts with house on the rock
>>
>>82779254
Read a history book once in a while. White's and black's enslaved Africans.
>>
>>82779259
Will Shadow fuck Bastet in this season or the next one?
>>
>>82779288
i think next season, i haven't heard any casting for Bast yet and i think S1 has wrapped up filming
>>
>>82779272
>Read a history book once in a while.
I have, you have not. What's the Oyo Empire? Kong Empire? Ashanty Empire?
Africans warred with other africans, enslaved them and then sold them to whites. This is how the overwhelming majority of blacks were enslaved.
I understand you've been taught otherwise, I'm sorry for that, americans are pretty ignorant about history in general.
>>
>ywn get unbirthed into an orgasm nebula or get firefucked by a burly genie
jdimsa
>>
>>82779317
Was a cat in recent episode supposed to be her proxy or just a random cat?
>>
I wish they cast JHL as Easter!
>>
>>82779529
JLH is thicc but Christina Hendricks is Fertility Goddess-tier

Bryce Dallas-Howard too
>>
I thought Sweeny's coin was just meant for the king of america
>>
>>82771832
Can't wait for Mr. Za Warudo
>>
>>82776216
>Trickster race baits a boatload of black slaves into burning their ships down and dying
Do people really think this?
>>
>>82779784
He's the first character we meet ;) I wanted him to be CIA guy
>>
>>82778198
I laughed my ass off at Mexican Jesus.
>>
I'm really not enjoying how "normal" Shadow is.

He's supposed to be ridiculously obedient and almost never questioning. I know we throw the word around a lot but it seems like he's almost autistic. He does what he's told and it ridiculously competent but comes off really cold and emotionless.

I know, you can't sell a show with a ridiculously stoic black guy who never gets angry. Maybe I need to give it more time as its only been three episodes. I don't know, maybe they'll have him drop the whole skeptic act after this season when he sees all the crazy shit on the merry-go-round.
>>
>>82780519
HE KINDA WANT TO DIE LATER ON HIS WIFE EVEN TOLD HIM SHE IS MORE ALIVE THAN HIM AND SHE IS DEAD
>>
>>82778139
No purpose other than to include short stories of random gods with no relation to the main plotline. Gaiman also did this in Sandman.
>>
Does Jesus ever appear in the original book?
>>
>>82780601
yea, after the end of the book
>>
>>82765248
They included that in episode 3?
It takes place halfway through the book.
Its the only homsex story in the book though. It only feels forced on account of every show trying to be progressive.
>>
>>82767511
>Nothing like this was in the book
>No tiger's balls
>Anansi is a woke nigger

I want off this ride!
>>
>>82769057
Just wait until they turn Baste into a Kang in season 2.
>>
File: emafferd%20(3)[1].jpg (550KB, 2158x1440px) Image search: [Google]
emafferd%20(3)[1].jpg
550KB, 2158x1440px
>>82780959
i want nathalie emmanuel as Bast
>>
>>82780984
she could very well be
>>
will they add new gods to the show or book only?
>>
>>82780998
i will pray to any god i can to make this happen
>>
>>82769196
This.
>>
File: ranch this mulatto.webm (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
ranch this mulatto.webm
3MB, 1920x800px
>>82780984
>>
>>82781010
Vulcan was added Corbin Bernsen will be playing the Fire God
>>
>>82780601

Small scene in the newer editions in the epilogue, only got mentioned in the older editions.

I think he's slated to appear in the show, most likely a "Somewhere in America" scene.
>>
File: ag03.jpg (77KB, 1813x902px) Image search: [Google]
ag03.jpg
77KB, 1813x902px
>>82765248
>>82780905
>Two middle eastern men butt fucking
I wonder if Muslims are going to use this as another excuse to hate the West.
>>
>>82781052
>all that softness and bounce

the stark contrast to that skeleton's scene coming out of the ocean in the same franchise
>>
>>82781010

No real update really. If the rumours are true that Gaiman is going to integrate parts of his planned sequel then there may be more stories regarding the new gods.
>>
>>82780601
They cut the chapter where Shadow hallucinates/meets Jesus while holding vigil for Wednesday.

There's nothing notable about the encounter. Jesus is a really chill guy who sympathizes with the fact that Shadow is tied and strapped to a tree dying for others.
>>
File: jeremy_davies_a_p[1].jpg (47KB, 349x466px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy_davies_a_p[1].jpg
47KB, 349x466px
>>82781062
He is, and LOST Jesus is playing him
>>
File: vulcan-ag-fb[1].jpg (245KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
vulcan-ag-fb[1].jpg
245KB, 656x343px
>>82781087
Nah, they added Vulcan >>82781057
>>
File: 1598877843515.gif (2MB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
1598877843515.gif
2MB, 350x310px
>show has nudity
>women flash their tits with a brief shot of their merkin
>guys have a 6 minute scene where they're doing the pretzel on the bed self sucking their 9 inch veiny cock with an insane close-up of their asshole

why is it always like this?
>>
File: 1478377205660.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1478377205660.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
did anyone who have read the book knows if her character has nudity? we will see her have sex with shadow moon?
>>
>>82781258
what a time to be alive :)
>>
>>82781284
shes dead yo
and she had maggots inside almost all the time in the book
>>
>>82781284
Possibly as flashback - he sometimes remembers how beautiful she was in bed.
>>
/tv/ is taking the gay sex scene suprisingly well tbqh
>>
>>82781284
she's a literal zombie with maggots crawling all over looking worse and worse as the book goes on
i hope so
>>
>>82781437
not many have problems with this
bigger problem is forcing some political shit through the show
>>
>>82781437
it was tastefully and beautifully done
>>
Third episode was a lot of meh. Gay sex scene was way too long and cut out a huge chunk of the episode when we already had a 'Somewhere in America' segment with Anubis. Then they kind of just quickly scuttle over Wednesday scamming people and Shadow learning how to make snow appear.
>>
>>82770938
>instantly muh diks
nigger detected
>>
>>82769196

American gods is at its best when it's Shadow going for long walks and occasionally visiting people with Wednesday

It's at its worst when it progresses the actual plot in the last third

I like when he buys warm clothes
>>
Will there be more gay sex?

Asking for a friend..
>>
>>82782123
No, at least according to the book. In the show, who knows. Maybe Mr.Jacquel and Mr.Ibis will be gays this time.
>>
>>82779222
Expect Fargo
>>
>>82774174
don't you bookfaggods would try to focus on the actual episodes and not spoiling anything upcoming?
>>
>>82779333
It's fucking crazy how this specific bit of history is being changed in schools across America.
>>
>>82773963
>>82779010
Fargo S2's Hanzi would've been better?
or te one from the Fargo movie?
>>
I can't decide if I like this show or not.
Anything outside of Shadow and Mr. Wednesday just seems to fall flat, or worse.
>>
>>82781707
When will dicklets learn?
>>
>>82773587
>potato niggers
why are irish considered that? pictured on movies, they don't look lazy at all, but agressive.
But italians ar like that too, and often (pictured, at least) as criminals
>>
>>82779333
b-but that's not what I learned in elementary school!
>>
>>82782679
all people know about italy is mafia
all they know about ireland is st. patricks day and alcohol
>>
>>82779333
>>82782593
>whites bought slaves from black people
>but they didn't enslave them personally so no fault of the whites
>>
>>82773502
Just kept thinking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x11sDneLv-0 when watching that scene.
>>
>>82773502
I still don't understand what happened here.
Who was the guy in the blue suit in the first place? Why was he so casual about djinns? How did he know about angels etc?
>>
File: o7t.jpg (32KB, 455x306px) Image search: [Google]
o7t.jpg
32KB, 455x306px
>>82777805
>>82778022
>>
I'd honestly just watch a show of the Coming to America/god introduction bits
>>
>>82781284
How did the coin revive her? Did she get protection from death or something?
How would that work post mortem?
Does she still have the coin?
>>
>>82779833

he had to incite them to get his sacrafice
>>
>>82779833
that is legit what he's doing, though

anansi is much like a tv evangelical who "cures" people, preacher-like demeanor but in it for himself
>>
>>82780984
I'd be pretty okay with this

seriously, there's no way to please everybody when it comes to ancient egyptians, because every fucking eurasiafrican race seems to put a claim on "that was us"
>>
I haven't seen the episode yet but it's being called the most explicit gay sex scene ever aired on TV.

Is it more explicit than the gay sex scene from High Maintenance?
>>
I wanted to like it, but making Anansi an edgy faggot was sad as fuck. The Anansi book is probably my favorite from Gaiman and they turned him into shit.
>>
>>82779333
>Africans warred with other africans, enslaved them and then sold them to whites

Thus absolving whites from any responsibility from that point forward, including continuing the practice for generations in the new world.
>>
>>82784859
>Whites
Fucking racist.
There were plenty of "whites" who did not participate in that practice, you hatemongering faggot.
>>
>>82784895
I'm white so I can say "whites"
>>
>>82784918
Nice strawman, fuckface. It doesn't make you any less of a racist.
>>
>>82769939
I always wondered if they were kept in the hold the whole time or if they were let on deck to shit over the side or something.

Otherwise some poor bastard crewmember would have do empty hundreds of piss and shit buckets every day.
>>
>>82784987
>thinking I care if you think I am racist or even if I am racist

Doesn't change the argument that Africans enslaving Africans and selling them to the Dutch or whoever else doesn't absolve people later down the chain of purchasing, enslaving, and continuing the practice after it was stopped elsewhere.
>>
>>82779333
Slaves existed forever, but Europeans (and Arabs) in the 16th through 19th century made it into a giant industrial and most importantly global enterprise. It's not like they invented slavery, but the rate of acquisition and the range of transportation was on a scale never seen before. You can say that there was always slavery in Africa, and there was, but that shit was small potatoes.

And yes, that does not absolve the tribal kings of selling other people (or their own) for petty bribes, but you can't pretend the "whites" aren't primarily responsible especially in the late 18th and 19th century, where it also became an issue within countries themselves and how slaves were treated.

Sure, it's stupid to think that it's just a bunch of white dudes with guns stomping into Africa and forcing people onto boats, too. But the whole "Africans did it first!!!" excuse doesn't fly for the scale of colonial slave trade.
>>
>>82772292
i died inside from laughter external
>>
>>82784859
Technically the sellers were jewish, but I understand you people not wanting to get there.
>>
>>82770436
>Remember, he was wearing the blue suit in the diner when he met with Mr. Wednesday.

good catch
>>
>>82770656
>considering it was a black man that created slaves in America.
America please stop rewriting your history like this.
>>
>>82785119
I agree. But you are still an idiot for thinking that is the point in the first place.
>>
>>82785177
>the rate of acquisition and the range of transportation was on a scale never seen before
Most of that happened to african nations though.
>>
>>82771191
Only the harem guards
>>
>>82785330
Yes, that's what I meant?
>>
>>82783864
It keeps her alive as a zombie, she still has it
>>
>>82779333
>Africans had slaves so European Slavery was ok :^)

Fuck off didndu
>>
>>82781068
Persians are gay.
>>
>>82785349
As in "in african nations, exporting to other african and non white nations".
>>
>>82764606
We're not going to get a proper discussion of American Gods on 4chan are we?
>>
>>82785374
>strawman
Every goddamn time you see slavery in american media it is "le ebil whitey".
I don't think I've seen a single american mainstream movie depict how much shit they did to themselves before white people came to africa and during the height of the slave trade.
The only example I can recall is stuff set in modern times, like Blood Diamond, because it is undeniable due to the fact that IT'S STILL FUCKING HAPPENING THERE.
>>
>>82785452
To be fair within America itself it generally actually was "le evil whitey" for a pretty long time. Americans just aren't remotely interested in movies that aren't about themselves, so the African narrative is kind of lost.
>>
>>82785429
We've had several good threads and this thread has strayed off-topic but is mostly civil

If you want to discuss, discuss, don't be a meta faggot
>>
Any other bookfags enjoying the show more than the book so far?
>>
>>82785540
Also, jews and the rich people pushing the racewar/sexwar agenda to keep people distracted.
It's hilariously sad how fucking quickly the 1% rallies disappated.
>>
>>82785584
Yeah. It's absolutely nuts visually, I fucking love it
>>
>>82785600
Hey, 4chan has a few headquarters of shilling for an extremely pro-rich, Jewish government, and still dares to call itself "counter-culture". It's tricky, you know?
>>
>>82764606
How come out of 3 cocks the only uncut one is the one of the arab?
>>
>>82785584
I'm liking it a lot, especially the casting. McShane and Stormare in particular have been brilliant, and Whittle grew on me. The CGI is a bit wonky sometimes but the design is good enough that it doesn't matter.

This is coming from someone who gave up on Hannibal because the writing started to become very grating, even though the visuals were amazing.
>>
>>82785452
>Le slavery is still happening today myth

Yeah that was all shut down by the 60s and Roots did a good job depicting African slave trade to Europeans.

And white people in America were evil from 1700s to 1980 so yes sir this is truthful. Stop getting butthurt.
>>
>>82764606
I dont understand how magic or gods work in this show. Do gods simply poof into existence because people invent and then worship them? Like there's an internet god because people worship the internet like its a god?
>>
Episodes:
2 > 3 > 1
>>
>>82785584
I can't say I enjoy it more, but I think it gives the book justice.
>>
>>82785600
Lol I need to know: keep people distracted from what?
>>
>>82785682
>myth
I like your sources.
If only there wasn't endless news stories about it all the time.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>82781284
>No scene with smoll Laura sucking and fucking Robbie's fat 9 incher
>>
>>82785685
Neil Gaiman has a similar approach to Terry Pratchett: Gods gain power through faith. The more people believe in them, the more believable they become, which is a feedback loop.

The idea of the new gods (and some of the old ones) is that time spent believing everything you see, taking it for granted, created them. A "faith" in Media, for example.
>>
>>82770319
ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS
>>
>>82785688
Mmm honestly 1=2>3
>>
>>82785731
From them. Can you not fucking read?
People were on the right track during those rallies.
Suddenly it dies down completely, no more mention of it in the media, and race/gender issues get kicked into ridiculously high gear.
Look at the rest of the world. No where else is that so outrageously blown out of proportion as in the US.
>>
>>82785751
Read them. It's just hard work. Yeah they fuck them over Economically but, that's about it nigga.
>>
>>82782525
Read the book
>>
>>82785807
right? it's like they took 40 years worth of steps back in the name of "progress".
>>
>>82771141
There's Belquis and her Magic Space Vagina
>>
>>82780596
Every side story in the The Sandman did feature Morpheus himself.
>>
>>82785819
>It's just hard work.
How are your cottonfields coming along?
>>
>>82778139
>What was the justification for the prolonged gay sex scene?

what is the justification of any prolonged sex scene?
>>
>>82784781
Yes. It's more explicit, because cocks.
>>
>>82785865
And every side story in American Gods features american gods. Seems fair.
>>
What would a manifestation of a God of 4chan look like?
>>
>>82785958
Someone really angry and self hating with a severe case of schizophrenia and dissociative personality disorder.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 299x168px
I like this show. It's like a strange "Lost". But it is a bit confusing if you havent read the books. I know its old gods, folklore creatures but some i have to wiki.

It really is kino tho, those dreams and cosmic moments are mint
>>
>>82785958
>>
>>82785769
That dick probably was still inside her, when she came back to Shadow.
>>
>>82785584
I hope the part with the small town isn't going to be as dull as it was in the book. Jesus fuck that was boring.
>>
>>82786052
5-10 years ago maybe.
Now it would look like an average of every person on the planet.
Similar with clothing style etc.
It's basically the twin of reddit except reddit has the sunny, naive disposition of a narcissistic hippie while 4chan is this >>82786008
>>
>>82786105
there's literally no way it won't be
>>
>>82786105
Was it that bad? The only time I got bored reading the book when talked talked wat too muach about a car in frozen lake. Little did I know...
>>
File: 1430767030906.png (1MB, 976x804px) Image search: [Google]
1430767030906.png
1MB, 976x804px
>>82786247
>The only time I got bored reading the book when talked talked wat too muach about a car in frozen lake
>when talked talked wat too muach
>>
>>82779333
And records will tell you that Portugal basically forced the Congo kingdom into the slave trade.
>>
>>82781258

>why is it always like this?

Because it's Bryan Fuller directing the show.

Why are people surprised that faggots always put this kind of shit on screen when they get the chance?

He made Hannibal all about homolust as well, even though it makes no sense and it isn't like that in the books.
>>
>>82764606
American Gods seems to be an exercise in style over substance. It's nice but kinda disjointed.
Shadow Moon is really passive for a protagonist. Some of those disconnected scenes like the Anansi and the egyptian afterlife are pretty good in their own right.

How is the book like? Similar?
>>
File: American.Gods.S01E03.00:12:04.jpg (740KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
American.Gods.S01E03.00:12:04.jpg
740KB, 1920x1080px
meaty tits
>>
>>82786558
>Shadow Moon is really passive for a protagonist

So it's just like the book
>>
>>82770791
Yeah, I'm dropping. I'm not sure who the audience is for this, but it's not someone who appreciates great dialogue, and intriguing characters.

Nice visual style, but ultimately empty.
>>
>>82786558
Believe me, Shadow from the show is a fountain of energy and emotions, compared to the book's Shadow
>>
>>82785685
>>82785772
Also, as mentioned by Wednesday when discussing how there's a Jesus for every race, when different cultures have their own ideas of what a god is like, new versions of that god come into being.

It's what coming to America actually means - somebody makes a sacrifice to the god in America, an American version of the god is born. I seem to remember Shadow meeting the original Norse version of Wednesday near the end of the book, for example.
>>
>>82786631
>Nice visual style, but ultimately empty.
So it will appeal to most of the US then.
>>
File: American.Gods.S01E03.00:57:45.jpg (759KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
American.Gods.S01E03.00:57:45.jpg
759KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>82785958
>>82786008
>>82786052
>>82786108
Probably just an edgier, less clean version of Technical Boy. Also he doesn't have a face.
>>
>>82786652
You remember right, in fact one might argue that you just spoiled a big part of the book.

But really if someone hasn't read the book yet then they have themselves to blame
>>
>>82786720
He's got one eye, the ads have him with a pair of ravens and Czernobog calls him Wotun. If they haven't worked out who he is by now they never will.
>>
>>82786757
I think he was referring to the fact that he's not the real/only odin.
>>
>>82786757
>Czernobog calls him Wotun
Wotun isn't exactly a word that most people have heard
>>
>>82786776
Fair point. You could say the conversation featuring Mexican Jesus implies the existence of other Odins too, though.
>>
>>82786820
It could also have meant that people saw Odin differently and not the fact that there is more than one.
>>
>/pol/ drones dropped black sails because of the gay
>/pol/ drones dropping american gods because of the gay
Does Starz do it on purpose?
>>
>>82785731
like the fact that 90% of the wealth is owned by 1% of the population... you know, basic truth and facts and shit like that.
>>
>>82771122
Of course not, it wasn't cost effective. Why the fuck would you spend years raising a child when you could cheaply buy slaves in every port city?The supply was huge, so keeping them alive wasn't exactly profitable like in the trans Atlantic
>>
>>82786586
yeah shes smoking
>>
>>82786945
I'm /pol/ and I have yet to be triggered by this show. It's really nice.
>>
>>82787025
>I'm a parody
really dude
>>
>>82786586
Who was trapped among the stars and cannot be allowed to escape?
>>
>>82787057
The guy who fucked bilquis.
lmao.
>>
>>82787025
im form /pol/ as well and i like this show.

Its weird as fuck that i dont have to apply real world political crap to it.
>>
>/tv/
>people are discussing spoilers from the books
fuck off back to /lit/ you cunts
>>
File: in the knows.png (385KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
in the knows.png
385KB, 480x480px
>>82786987
>90% of the wealth is owned by 1% of the population
This is legitimately the only thing wrong with the world right now, everything else is just distraction from this one truth.
>>
File: 1494275686647.jpg (48KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
1494275686647.jpg
48KB, 498x374px
>>82764606
>Anubis portrayed as black

Literally why? Why not find an actual egyptian?
Are the showmakers actually believing afrocentrism?
>>
>>82785958
Technological Boy in the book. Fatty neckbeard in Matrix leather coat being all edgy, endlessly complaining about trivialities, then hammering his head against the wall and crying when he's alone and scared.
>>
>>82787967
>Anubis portrayed as human

The black part is the only thing that makes sense with his appearance.
>>
>>82788156
>>82787967
>implying black isn't the proper representation for a jackal
>>
Will we see Anansi again or was that a one time thing?
I really like that scene.
>>
>>82788244
That's what I just said, faggot.
>>
He's a good boy. He Djinn do nuthin.
>>
I really feel like the progressive shit forced down my throat is taking away from the show
>>
File: 00912397125815.jpg (26KB, 175x308px) Image search: [Google]
00912397125815.jpg
26KB, 175x308px
Got damn that sex scene was HOT AS FUCK.
>>
>>82770436
>>82785280
Fuck me I totally forgot about that.
>>
>>82787967
>not knowing the true Egyptians are Nubians
>>
>>82783308
>>82784859
>>82785374
Did I say that, you complete morons? I was refuting the claim that whites enslaved those blacks in the first place, they didn't, slavery was already a thing, and they offered monetary incentive for it to increase, it's still a horrible thing to do but it's not what the guy I replied to was saying.
Therefore it doesn't make any sense for those blacks to be completely surprised at having been enslaved because in all likelihood they had already been slaves for months.
>>
>>82787079
>If you have an erection while floating in the Starz for more than 3 episodes please call your doctor.

This show loves dicks, there's more dicks than tits so far
>>
>>82787057
Simargl. It's a wolf-thing a bit like the Fenris Wolf -- if it breaks free, it devours the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simargl
>>
This is my first Bryan Fuller show but I love the pacing (and the flagrant 15 minute digressions into side stories), I find the whole show basically hypnotic.
>>
>>82788546
Dead Like Me is still my favorite Fuller show. It's dark and depressing but has enough humor to let you breath
>>
>>82788620
>Dead Like Me is still my favorite Fuller show
THIS
>>
>>82788620
>breath
>>
>>82788620
oh shit, that's a fuller show? I used to watch it with my mom back in the day
>>
I am surprised "Odin" isnt more powerful. I assume this takes place "pre marvel" or a place where Marvel doesn't exist so no Thor or Odin
>>
>>82785958
technical boy from the book. fat kid with lots of acne and wearing a cape from matrix because it looks cool
>>
>>82788824
Odin gains power through war and blood sacrifice, as you saw in the prologue of the first episode. The Northmen believed in their god but nothing apart from an all-put brawl made him send the wind they needed to leave.
>>
>>82788824
No wars for the war god and Thor suicided
>>
>>82788991
>No wars for the war god
Plenty of wars in the world still.
>>
>>82789050
Not dedicated to Odin. Also not happening on American soil. Means Wednesday gains squat from it.
>>
>>82789125
>Not dedicated to Odin
They have to be specific to that god of war? Because plenty of soldiers in africa have gods of war they worship.
>American soil
But isn't Odin european?
>Means Wednesday gains squat from it
How is he still alive then? I mean, nobody has been dedicating wars to Odin for like a thousand years.
>>
>>82789184
The battles have to be dedicated to Odin for him to draw power from it, it has to happen on American soil because Wednesday is the American Odin. OG Odin in Scandinavia is fine.
Wednesday is still around because he fucks virgins and cons people, because that's treated as sacrifice and trickery as well. That's a hamburger and small coke compared to the five star banquet a battle would provide, though.
>>
>>82789184
the point of the whole shit the character says leads you to the idea that if people believes that killing each other will make him stronger,then it will do it.
also he says he is old as fuck but he has never been aout of murrica.
so diferent versions of odin etc...
(that without actually reading the comics)
use your brain
>>
>>82789360
>>82789358
I'm sorry guys but how the hell could a european looking guy possibly be living in america since before any european man ever got there?
>>
File: 1490478995714.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1490478995714.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>82776216
>>
>>82789462
Episode 1, scene 1.
>>
>>82789533
As soon as the vikings arrived, american odin was created? So gods are born fully formed the moment someone needs them?
>>
>>82779529
>>82779626
The casting for Easter seems like the first massive swing and a miss in terms of casting for me.
I'm refraining from saying much about Anansi until we see him in a less vitriolic mode, but I'm a bit uncertain about that casting as well.
>>
>>82789600
have you ever played black and white?
same idea.
it must suck to live like a hobo version of a powerful god just because some dude one day needed help with their shit.
>>
File: 1492269947462.jpg (122KB, 960x956px) Image search: [Google]
1492269947462.jpg
122KB, 960x956px
>>82785264
Kek sure mate, I'll believe it when you sauce me up.
>>
>>82789640
>have you ever played black and white?
Yep, great game.
Damn, it must really suck lol. Imagine living as the only white looking dude among indians for centuries.
>>
>>82788991
>Thor suicided
Why'd he do that again? It's been a while since I read the book
>>
>>82789640
Wait a second so basically Wednesday has never, ever been powerful? Because he sure as shit has never gotten any war or battle dedicated to him aside from that skirmish at the beginning of the series so...
>>
>>82789898
Just couldn't take it anymore, didn't have Daddy's staying power, got hammered, then Mjolnir'd himself.
>>
>>82785584
Wednesday often made me cringe in the book, McShane makes it work.
For possibly his most famous work, American Gods isn't really Gaiman's strongest but Fuller's really bringing it to life.
>>
>>82789907
I didnt read the books,but he seems to have the knowledge and memories of the original Odin,that has some value for me.
so "powerful" its relative.
>>
>>82788432
But who are the true Nubians then?
>>
>>82790035
He has. Or at least to the extend the Northmen who came to America knew their sagas.
>>
>>82787967
It was kind of odd because they had an Egyptian actress portray the dead woman, but I don't mind much because I liked the actor in that scene a lot

that fucking voice
>>
i usually hate gay scenes but this one was pretty hot
>>
>>82790309
fuck off fag, have you got no shame?
>>
File: 1486311933963.jpg (3KB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
1486311933963.jpg
3KB, 250x139px
>>82790389
no
>>
I'm not gay, but the guy's body was perfect.
Not too musuclar, not too chubby, good dick too.
No homo, seriously.
>>
>>82787025
Really glad you're enjoying it. It fills my heart with warmth to find something we can both enjoy.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.