[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 337362_014.jpg (65KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
337362_014.jpg
65KB, 320x240px
Why do you hate it so much /tv/?

Take Reddit out of the picture for a moment and actually describe why you hate this show.
>>
>>82764055
It's nihilistic yet it's popular which cannot be permitted therefore we must distance ourselves from it
>>
I never cared until it preempted Samurai Jack, a far superior show. I watched it and the Szechuan sauce joke was so forced. How can anyone watch this shit?
>>
*buuuuurps*
>>
>>82764055
My youth pastor sat me down to talk about this show. While rubbing my thigh he explained that this is a godless show and I shouldn't watch it. I swore an oath to Jesus to spend my teen years fighting against anti-Christian messages in popular culture. Sex can wait until after marriage. I have a holy mission.
>>
>>82764055
I like it
>>
>>82764055

Because /tv/ told me to hate it on the account that is popular on another website and I want to desperately fit in here.
>>
>I hate popular things because it makes me look cool

when will this meme die?
>>
well atleast everyone posting in this bread so far aren't mouthbreathing memespammers. Who hype for S3E2?
>>
It is actually alright.

> The Simpsons: It feels like early Simpsons writing but cuts the bullshit by just being wacky.
> Family Guy: It relies on a lot of references but they are not in your face, you need to know the reference in advance otherwise you will not get the joke.
> South Park: It has adult humour but not in a preachy or shock value way.

To back up the above...

Series 1, Episode 7

Has rape gags
Gags from Zardoz without explaining what the big head is
Takes the piss out of feminists
>>
It's a pretty good show with a couple of cringey moments but autists on reddit treat it like it's the second coming of Shakespeare.
>>
File: harmon.jpg (50KB, 965x824px) Image search: [Google]
harmon.jpg
50KB, 965x824px
>>82764055
It's pretty easy for me to look past the edgy nihilism and retarded 2deep4u moments when I know that this is who it all comes from
>>
Wubba lubba dub dub
>>
>>82764055
I like it but a legitimate reason I've seen is that the show insists that it's edgy and subversive while actually having sweeping appeal and pretty tame humor. Also when it makes fun of shallow and unoriginal humor on tv it can fall pretty flat and ends up becoming what it's trying to parody
>>
>>82764055
Overhyped but I like it
>>
>>82765554
he looks like a jew, is he?

that explains the lol fuck religion and #based black people shit from the show
>>
File: 250px-In_ictu_oculi.jpg (21KB, 250x254px) Image search: [Google]
250px-In_ictu_oculi.jpg
21KB, 250x254px
>>82764055
i like it but it sometimes it isn't silly or adventurous enough and instead tries to be sad. I am a very sad person so i don't like sad shows and instead like fun, comedic or adventurous shows and i am worried it is becoming to sad
>>
>yfw Rick is literally intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor
>>
i like it, it has pretty creative and original premises and the jokes are rapid fire and subversive enough

it's just a silly show to waste 30 minutes on, no need to get mad about its nihilistic ideology or whatever

i hope the characters don't become too unlikable though, that last episode was annoying because of that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.