[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever tried stand up? How did it go? Need advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Silverman2.jpg (77KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
Silverman2.jpg
77KB, 534x800px
Have you ever tried stand up?
How did it go?
Need advice?
>>
Don't wear shorts
>>
>>82752821
Just talk about your internet friends on 4chan
Spout memes and talk about the plane scene.
You'll kill
>>
>>82752821
why are jewish girls so hot? they just want to make me breed.
>>
stand up is a terrible genre
I cringe at 99% of stand up comedy acts
>>
I'm working on some material for my first time. I'm not going to attempt until I have a set that is tested and guaranteed not to embarrass myself.
>>
>>82753179
>I'm not going to attempt until I have a set that is tested
How the fuck are you going to test it without going on stage to test it.
Embarrassing yourself is an essential part of the process.
>>
>>82752821
Cool it with the nigger and fag jokes. They don't fly anymore.
>>
>>82753102
She looks better with clothes on than off.
>>
>>82752821
What is it with Jewesses and big tits? What is (((their))) plan?
>>
>>82753238

I meant testing it with smaller crowds before I go to my local club's open mic night. I've learned you can't test it with friends, they'll give you pity laughs.
>>
File: winkwink.jpg (739KB, 1037x1112px) Image search: [Google]
winkwink.jpg
739KB, 1037x1112px
something in my pants is trying stand up while I'm looking at them boobs if you know what I mean
>>
>>82753245
If you're a shitty comedian, sure.
Theres a difference between a crafted joke and being some unfunny /b/tard edgelord that thinks "lol niggers" is a punchline.
>>
Stand up is as unfunny as it gets. Even the supposed "greats" of stand up comedy are cringy as fuck.
>>
File: ap (36).jpg (1MB, 3480x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ap (36).jpg
1MB, 3480x3000px
>>82752821
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Sa9hXA4mo
yes it went like this, pretty successful imho
>>
>>82752821
I currently do comedy in my town.

I've opened up for Hannibal Buress, Katt Williams, and Dave Chappelle.
>>
>>82753332
Or you just don't have a shitty sense of humor.
Occam's razor and whatnot.
>>
>>82753436
Yes, I don't have a shitty sense of humor, therefore I can't enjoy standup because it's cancer.
>>
My teacher always tells me im funny, one day he asked if i had tried stand up. I said nah i'd rather sit
>>
>>82753332
You've never seen sam hyde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyE78eyFRa8
>>
>>82753330
that's what most racist humor is like though
the same predictable stereotypes that get guffaws not because the jokes are funny, but because it's a way for people to bond over their hatred of X group
>>
>>82752821

Play a musical instrument and use props. You will be instantly accepted into the community.
>>
>>82753584
were you ever able to get health insurance, Sam?
>>
>>82753623

That's because there's a difference between a racial joke and a racist joke. There's an irony inherent to a racial joke that makes it funny.
>>
>>82753623
Yup.
>>
>>82753432
So you're a basketball American
>>
WEBMS
>>
>>82753470

Since when does your opinion matter, my man?
>>
>>82753381
lol, taking stand up to a new level.
>>
>>82754076
not sure what webms this guy refers to but post em in hopes they are hot
>>
I do stand up comedy. I'm in a third world country so the scene is very slow, I perform like once a month when the tide is low. I've got some fucking great nights and some shitty ones. I do get laughs and people ocassionally greet me on the streets. I don't know if you can ask me for advice, but I do have some knowledge and experience. You could maybe get something out of it.
>>
That's a bad push up, her tits aren't that big
http://www.aznude.com/view/celeb/s/sarahsilverman.html
>>
>>82752821
Please tell me you're actually Sarah Silverman and your stepdaughter Lily Mo made you post here.
>>
>>82755171
>That's a bad push up, her tits aren't that big

....Which, given the point of a push up, would make it a GOOD push up.
>>
>>82754061
nice
>>
>>82753381
Is there anything that angel can't do?
>>
>>82754617
She got naked in a movie, people call her a fridge, etc.
>>
>>82755171
A WALKING FRIDGE
>>
Why is stand up so shit?

Norm MacDonalds podcast is comedy kino but his stand up fucking Sucks. I hate stand up.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.