[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the thing assimilate xenomorph acid blood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: thething-monster-deformed.jpg (227KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
thething-monster-deformed.jpg
227KB, 1920x800px
Can the thing assimilate xenomorph acid blood?
>>
>>82733989
So the thing loses to xenomorphs then?
>>
File: 1468054548427.gif (397KB, 400x421px) Image search: [Google]
1468054548427.gif
397KB, 400x421px
I cannot remember if the thing is only able to assimilate carbon based lifeforms.
since the xenomorph is a silicone based lifeform its debatable
>>
>>82734334
>I cannot remember if the thing is only able to assimilate carbon based lifeforms.
How would you remember that? Do you think there's some canon source that definitely states whether or not this is the case?
>>
>>82733969
It's canon that it absorbed most of the universe in the past so that would have included Aliens.

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
>>
>>82734461
Well, there was a lot of silicon-based material at Outpost 31 that it didn't use.
>>
>>82733969
Nah, Xenos are the perfect organisms. The thing isn't.
>>
>>82733969
That would be lit af once you think about it
>>
>>82734825
Wouldn't that be the other way around? Face hugger attaches to thing, breeds some weird thing hybrid.
>>
>>82733969
Could the Thing assimilate the Necromorphs from Dead Space? What about the Flood from Halo?
>>
>>82735289
Fuck it, just stick the Thing, some Flood spores, some Necromorph tissue, and some Black Goo in a blender.
>>
>>82735289
The Necros are the worst of the bunch honestly.
They can only assimliate dead tissue per the game's canon.

I'd give it to the Flood. Their hivemind is a super intelligent brain mass that can even assimilate AIs. Plus the Flood can use flamethrowers.
>>
>>82735289
>What about the Flood from Halo?

Considering that the Flood are revealed to the the corrupted version of the Precursors who have existed 85 billion years or more before this universe began I give it to the Flood

https://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Silentium
>>
>>82735019
but the face huggers n aliens still reproduce through a defined physical form

you could share a popsicle with the thing and suddenly you're a thing

>>82735523
>>82735289
these are good ideas. a mashup assimilation flick starring Amy Schumer with amorphous blobs devouring each other over and over.
>>
>>82734632
>Xenos are the perfect organisms.
what do you think perfect means?
>>
>>82735523
>your face when you look inside the blender and see it all dead
>each particle destroyed the other
>now it's just a nutritious alien shake
>>
>>82734017
Even if it couldn't handle the acid initially it could absorb & mimic the exterior cells of a xenomorph and develop immunity.
>>
File: 4399.jpg (60KB, 278x400px) Image search: [Google]
4399.jpg
60KB, 278x400px
>>82735824

>you drink it
>>
>>82734546
there was a lot of carbon based shit it didnt use either, I think it can only use living tissue
>>
>>82735878
Probably just being covert.
It could get DNA from dead organisms too, I don't see a reason why not, I mean DNA is hard to get rid of.
All it needs is one good cell.
Interestingly that means, in theory, that it could imitate someone without killing them, if it obtained a person's DNA from somewhere.
>>
>>82735289
Everything The Thing can do, The Flood can do better. The only area in which The Thing beats The Flood is stealth: The Flood doesn't seem to be capable of concealing infection.
>>
File: psw01.jpg (644KB, 991x1500px) Image search: [Google]
psw01.jpg
644KB, 991x1500px
Who would win in a fight between Predator VS Alien VS The Thing?

I give it to Predator. The Thing cannot absorb Alien because of Carapace and acid blood. Just another form of burn. The Thing cannot out-stealth Predator because it seems to rely on both visual and auditory information like any other organism. Predator can hide his body heat, visual and auditory presence. Predator should be able to see through any mimic through any spectrum that would make it apparent it was a Thing. The Predator would figure out that fire would kill it quickly and what species like that wouldn't have a flame thrower capability on hand. Predator kills Alien all the time with the exception of Uber-Aliens and Queens.
>>
>>82736521
A predator by itself? Obviously it would be fine

But Predators? A whole ship? I think the predators would be blowing eachother away. I mean these niggas can't even see a cold ass Arnold with their sensors
>>
>>82733969
It doesn't freak out over the acid in a human's stomach, so it should be fine as long as there's a biological process to pretect the organism.
>>
File: socialmedia_TotM_Ridley1_full.jpg (181KB, 1501x1000px) Image search: [Google]
socialmedia_TotM_Ridley1_full.jpg
181KB, 1501x1000px
>>82734334
>silicone based
>>
>>82736521
You know the thing can probably see in all kinds of spectrums, and has other senses sharper than the predators.
There are things on in our own biosphere which can do shit like that.
God knows what it has taken over on other worlds, but it doesn't look good for the predator, unless he figures out a way to spot them first.
>>
File: 3a3[1].jpg (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3a3[1].jpg
68KB, 1920x1080px
>>82736656
>>
File: Johnny Knoxville.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Knoxville.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>tfw I want to see a woman use this
>>
>>82734632
>perfect organism
>is entirely dependent on other organisms just to reproduce
>>
>>82734825
I see the dick-mouth has finally been shifted to its proper position.
>>
>>82735658
>precursors
>going by post-Halo 3 canon

opinion discarded, plus the Thing would just assimilate their tissue anyways since they are parasites, not replicators
>>
>>82736521
Predators get beat by middle aged men. Never understood why in Comics they made Predators OP. They were definitely durable but not nearly as much as Aliens. A fucking falling log killed a predator.
>>
>>82736834
>they are parasites, not replicators
The Flood assimilates and transforms the biomass of its victims. It's not just a glorified tick.
>>
File: autismmissle.jpg (65KB, 499x436px) Image search: [Google]
autismmissle.jpg
65KB, 499x436px
>>82736834
>arguing levels of canon
>>
>>82736664
One Alien is enough to kill an entire crew and make a whole movie with one survivor. The same principal for The Thing. They finally lay a trap to kill it.

Predators USE Aliens to train. The survivors become elites. It would seem likely that not only would Predators be aware of Things but even use them to train. It would be neat if they combined the Thing with the Alien/Pred franchise.

What would happen if the Thing absorbed The Thing?
>>
>>82737090
>It would be neat if they combined the Thing with the Alien/Pred franchise.
No, anon.
>>
>>82737090
>Predators USE Aliens to train
>use highly dangerous and intelligent bio-weapons used to destroy planets to train
>still cant beat adrian body
>>
>>82735289
The only thing required to start a Flood infection is a single spore, they infect alot faster, it can infect numerous organisms simultaneously via the spores instead of always requiring DNA contact with the parasite, and Flood corruption has been known to go beyond just organics and extend to artificial constructs.
What the real question would be if either are capable of infecting the other. In the case the Thing could even assimilate and imitate a Flood organism the question arises if the Flood would even be fooled by it as they communicate via hivemind.
>>
>>82734632
This
>>
>>82733969
Yes
>>
>>82733969
That's a GREAT QUESTION OP!

Could the Thing assimilate my fart?
>>
>>82734334
>silicone
You mean silicon.

Except you really meant fluorine-based.
>>
>>82735289
The Intelligence of the thing would be the greatest threat here. The Markers from Dead Space send out signals that cause the crazies in most races, typically ending in either being killed or suicide. Once the Thing dies, it's Necro time. I'd give it to the Flood.
>>
Since it didn't imitate inanimate objects, we can assume it can't imitate extremes (Hard bone exoskeleton and acid blood come to mind). If it could do that shit it would have just made an armor shell and tanked/spanked the whole group
>>
>>82734825
>lit af

you have to go back
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.