[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this work as a movie? Is there any potential?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover[1].png (252KB, 300x367px) Image search: [Google]
Spec_Ops_The_Line_cover[1].png
252KB, 300x367px
Would this work as a movie? Is there any potential?
>>
Jacob's Locker Now Redux
>>
>>82733100
Not really, mainly because of how grand the set pieces would have to be in order to match the games, and that would cost way too. It's possible to pull it of in CGI, but that'll just cheapen it to normieshit.
>>
>>82733100
wasn't even a good video game. read a book
>>
>>82733100
Yes it's called Apocalypse Now.
>>
I don't think it works without active participation. You'd have to go all Funny Games and get really inventive with 4th wall and such, but that's hard to do without coming off as gimmicky.
>>
>>82733100
yes and its called Apopalypse Now or Aguirre the Wrath of God.

what made Spec Ops the Line good was it used the medium of video games to adapt Heart of Darkness and used elements you can only really do in games, like use the loading screens that are typically used for gameplay reminders and make them gradually deliver increasingly creepier messages.
>>
>>82733100
kill yourself
>>
>>82733100
A good example of ludo, not so sure it'd work as kino though
>>
Why would you want to see a shitty version of Apocalypse Now?
>>
Why do people shit on Spec Ops so much anyways?
>>
File: Spec_3fa134_5788042.jpg (149KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
Spec_3fa134_5788042.jpg
149KB, 500x659px
Spec Ops is proof vidya has ascended all other artistic mediums.
>>
>>82735203
>Boring, shallow gameplay
>Generic, uninteresting protagonist
>Story that tries too hard to be deep and smart, but ends up being bland and hollow
>Shitty "twist"

Just read Hearts of Darkness or watch Apocalypse Now instead.
>>
>>82735639
>Boring, shallow gameplay
Yup, it's a bog standard cover shooter.
Like the tryhard I set the difficulty to max on my first run. I became more and more frustrated with the controls and the mechanics. But the more unfair the game seemed, the more I wanted to see it through to the end. When I reached the end I kind of felt like a parellel of Walker. The gameplay is nothing special on its own, but it plays into what the rest of the game is trying to achieve so well.
>Generic, uninteresting protagonist
There is a reason why the Walker is voiced by Nolan North.
>Story that tries too hard to be deep and smart, but ends up being bland and hollow
>Shitty twist
I don't even know what to reply to this. Spec Ops is a bland and hollow game? Man, I'm sorry that the game tried too hard, and that you didn't like it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.