[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Matt Damon's The Great Wall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.jpg (120KB, 600x950px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
120KB, 600x950px
What did you think of Matt Damon's The Great Wall?
>>
After seeing The Martian and Jason Bourne I realized the Matt Damon meme was over.
>>
>>82731803
I wanted to fug the cutie pie Chinese warrior chicks. Film sucked tho.
>>
>>82731803
So obviously trying to pander to Asian market
>>
>>82732042
It was made in collaboration with China, dummy.
>>
>>82731803
I actually really liked it. Call me crazy, but for me, it hit all the right notes. It was just silly enough and just serious enough to have a tonal balance.

Also, I loved the music. Absolutely adored Ramin Djawadi's score for it.
>>
File: hero2002.jpg (54KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
hero2002.jpg
54KB, 336x500px
it's like Babby's first blockbuster attempt, which is ironic considering the director's made some great films before

the characters are really one dimensional and the plot predictable, but it's also got those weird wuxia elements like damon's bowl archery and crap
>>
>>82732071
So he's right?
>>
I really liked the art style and set pieces.

The story was lame and the CGI was awful though. Action was bad.
>>
>entire scenes of unsubtitled Chinese dialogue when the foreigners are not present
maybe I just watched the wrong version? nice costume design though
>>
>>82733238
it's mostly subbed, you need the correct subs if you download the BR
>>
>>82731803
It was fun and pretty good all things considered.

It did well in China?
>>
File: matt.png (700KB, 680x648px) Image search: [Google]
matt.png
700KB, 680x648px
has there ever been a greater betrayal?
>>
>>82734855
It did very well there, but fucking failed in the US.

I think it has to do with the atrocious marketing it had here in the states.
>>
>>82731803
i thought it was China's great wall not Matt Damon's.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.