[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Twin Peaks will air at the exact same time as Game of Plebs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 31

File: lynch.jpg (457KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lynch.jpg
457KB, 1125x1500px
>Twin Peaks will air at the exact same time as Game of Plebs this summer

Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
Who the fuck cares?

Let the plebs enjoy days of our lives with dragons while I enjoy Lynchkino.
>>
>>82723939
So wait is it taking game of trashes time slot if so IDC. I don't wanna talk to other people about TP it's my slightly indie darling and I'd like to keep it that way
>>
>>82723878
On the same day, really? Doesn't seem like a smart move by showtime.
>>
>>82723878
Is Twin Peaks good? I mean, I have only watched one Lynch project (Eraeserhead) and didn't like it
>>
>>82724006

They will both be airing Sundays at 9PM
>>
>>82723878
Showtime already said there's no set schedule for Twin Peaks. It could be week between episodes, or days. Part of the mystery. Sunday is just when the first hours are released.

Also, who cares? This is a one and done season, ratings are meaningless.
>>
>>82724039

It is for people with the intellectual capacity to understand it (i.e. not you).
>>
>>82723878
So all the normies watch GoT while the patricians get Twin Peaks all to themselves.
>>
>>82723878
Who watches everything live?
>>
>>82723878
Not great for its ratings but it is great news for /tv/

Twin peaks threads will have greatly reduced numbers of plebbitors because they'll all be too busy circle jerking over tits and dragons.
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>82724060

>Showtime already said there's no set schedule for Twin Peaks. It could be week between episodes, or days. Part of the mystery. Sunday is just when the first hours are released.

This is not true in the slightest, After the first four episode dump it's weekly as normal

>This is a one and done season

Lynch is open to doing more, personally I'm pretty sure this is it but no one has definitively said that.
>>
File: ultraqt.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ultraqt.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I do not understand brothers, who cares about cuckkino? you are not cucks right???
>>
>>82724082
Eh as pretentious as it seems I'm glad. I don't want to see something I love, wrote essays, and analyzed for years. Get stripped down to the level of Stranger Things meme~ines. Like don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with ST I'm just not ready mentally for the "Daddy Dale" and "Twin Peaks seinfeld intro" memes
>>
If you check the air dates the finale will clash with the S7 finale of GOT. Twin Peaks will be forgotten in favour of memeshit reddit garbage.

It wasn't meant to be like this.
>>
>>82724251

>there's nothing wrong with ST

Stranger Things is fucking shit, it's substance-less nostalgia pandering garbage
>>
>>82724006
It's not going to get good ratings anyway, it's clear they're not even aiming for that with the cryptic marketing and schedule. Most people will pirate or stream it.
>>
>>82723878

I'm doing this too. Love Twin Peaks but I'm fearing this remake will just attract the attention of the retarded GOT and Harry Potter fans who feel the need to be incredibly narcissistic and film their reaction at every minute detail.
>>
>>82724313
I've never seen it so I wouldn't know. I'm just turned off by the circle jerking about it and how everyone acts like it's so deep.

Kinda like twin peaks funny enough, but ST is on a much much larger scale
>>
>>82724276
TP being overshadowed by GOT only makes it more patrician
>>
>Twin Peaks Episode X EXPLAINED
>Twin Peaks theory videos
>memes
>Bongistan Bar Reacts to Twin Peaks
Making the new season in the vein of FWWM won't save Twin Peaks. Lynch has to up the scale, there must be a new, more extreme way to scare off the normies. It has to be like Erasehead or Lost Highway.
Even if you are a pleb and didn't like FWWM, you have to face it bros, it has to be diffrent than original series or it will be reddit.
>>
>>82724425
No one calls ST deep, they just like it cause they're normies or pedos.
>>
>>82724460
I mean I feel like if they talk about Larua's rape more up front and make it like you aid Lost Highway levels of dark it would turn some people off
>>
will this appear on hbo now
>>
>>82724276

This worries me too, people won't care about Lynch's artistic brilliance and beautiful true send off to his series but they'll be talking for months about how HELLA FUCKING EPIC VISERION BECOMING A WIGHT DRAGON or THE WALL BREAKING OMG IT BROKE! will be.
>>
>>82723878
I really don't understand why they do this, wouldn't they want more potential viewers?

Maybe it's because they want to not only gain viewers, but take viewers away from their competition. But it seems like it could backfire.
>>
>>82724460
It looks like a combination of all of his movies into one. Normies aren't going to like it because it's going to be more like the movie than the show and will no doubt be creepy and weird as fuck.
>>
>>82724327
>tfw no Showtime in my country
>>
Realistically,Twin Peaks probably won't turn much of a profit for them. You just have to look at their YouTube and twitter account and see how little people really care about the show. But,I'd imagine they'll probably move it to a 10pm slot.

Either way,it's only going to be one season so it will air even if it gets shit ratings. Still though,this will probably be Lynch's last work so I'd like to see him go out with some popularity.
>>
>>82724082
>>82724251

Yeah, I really dislike the types of people who would still fall for GoT at this point. I'm glad that we might be spared having to deal with them as much in Twin Peaks discussions.
>>
>>82724327
Showtime invested a lot into this though, they're not indifferent to its reception. You can also tell Lynch had a say in some of the teasers, they reveal very little on purpose.
>>
>>82724460
>first 4 episodes are shown form a perspective of some random girl kidnaped by Cooper
>Cooper allows Bob to use new and inventive ways to cause misery, he keeps the girl locked down for a few months
>there's a scene with Cooper/Bob pouring a pot of steaming hot black coffe on the girl, shitting on traditional Twin Peaks image
>multiple graphic rape scenes
>at the end of episode 4 it turns out that it's not Bob but real Cooper turned insane from sitting in Black Lodge for 25 years
>>
>>82724672
Nah,fuck that. You had me until you said it was the real Cooper. Lynch can't do that. Dale is like the nicest guy in TV history,you just can't do that.
>>
>>82724460
Fuck it, make it like fucking INLAND EMPIRE
>>
>>82724672

It'll be funny if Twin Peaks has a graphic rape scene of Cooper raping someone but will probably get zero mention by SJWs but GOT's rape scene was barely a rape scene and it had media going into a frenzy
>>
>>82724251
I'm not sure that's possible with something like twin peaks. normies would hates how weird and confusing this show is
>>
>>82724414
It's not a remake, its a continuation of the story. I doubt you can just start watching the new ones easily.
>>
>>82725115

Wait why did I type remake when I know full well it's a sequel? I'm stupid when drunk.
>>
>>82724857
Maybe but I never felt TP was turn off the TV weird but I've never been the type to be offended.
>>82725115
I mean people can watch the original on Netflix
>>
File: 1492032674851.png (416KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492032674851.png
416KB, 600x450px
>>82723878
Competition nigga
>>
File: IMG_8588.jpg (103KB, 634x846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8588.jpg
103KB, 634x846px
It GoT starts falling in the ratings, maybe it will put pressure on Martin to stop beating off.
>>
>>82725679

He's been trying to fill a bath tub with cum since the first episode of GOT aired, he's going to be a while
>>
>>82724082
/thread
>>
Really hope my trend following friends don't jump onto this shit like they do everything else.
>>
>>82725914

It's going to be fun seeing them act like massive fans of Lynch or pretend to be then the first episode airs, they realize they don't like his style and just go and watch GOT like sheeple they are.

Is Lynch good at keeping normies away?
>>
>>82724460
>>82724414
>I don't want thing to be popular because I feel more special for liking something "obscure"
>i better than the Normie's
/TV/ in a fucking nutshell
>>
>>82726066
Just look at the reception for Fire Walk With Me.
>>
File: 233.jpg (9KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
233.jpg
9KB, 281x211px
>>82726066
>>82724857
>>82724621
>>
>>82726066
FWWM got booed at Cannes. The first 20 minutes are tough for normies. Lynch likes to start things very slow. (Pilot + first episode of season two.)
>>
>>82726177
Some people are talking weird about it but it is going to happen. People are going to jump on the series because it's the cool thing to do and then they're going to see the first episode of this revival and wonder what the fuck is this.
>>
>>82726121
Triggered redditor spotted.

Every single thing in the universe becomes shit once it gets popular. Think about all the YouTubers,video games,TV shows,anime,movies etc. That went to shit with popularity. It's because creators want to please this new and larger audience and by doing so,they lose sight of what made the show appealing in the first place.

Twin Peaks obviously won't get affected since its only going to be one season,but remember how much shit season 2 went through in order to appeal to the normie audience? We just don't want cringy assholes complaing about the show on twitter or unfunny normie memes.
>>
>You realize David stopped Dune from being lynched by normies and becoming another LOTR or GOT
>>
>>82726283
>Every single thing in the universe becomes shit once it gets popular

This'ing this.
>>
>>82726279
Eh, I think the number of normie bandwagoners will be minimal. Most will be watching GOT
>>
>>82726283
>We just don't want cringy assholes complaing about the show on twitter
This will happen though. There's going to be a lot of "you guys are only pretending to like it" posts. I can feel it.
>>
File: IMG_6623.jpg (70KB, 564x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6623.jpg
70KB, 564x355px
People just need to grow a pair and switch off the social crap while S3 is airing. I got through season one and two when it aired and didn't once check muh twitter for idiots.
>>
>>82723878
because of modern streaming services. you can catch up whenever you want. I usually wait until a few episodes have aired before I start watching, since I like to watch 2 in a row (often there is a cliffhanger after one episode that is resolved in the next this is why episodes are best watched in pairs)
>>
>>82726283
I mean it's already popualr but it hasn't reach constant Video eassy and praise level of popular like Tarantino which is nice
>>
>>82726547

Does it sadden anyone else people consider Tarantino a director genius of new wave proportions when they haven't even watched proper French New Wave themselves?
>>
>>82726283
This. What made me realise how awful things get with popularity was when Demo got drunk on a stream and poured his heart out about how awful his new fans are. I bet there are tonnes of YouTubers who feel the same but never had the courage to say it.
>>
>>82726687

For me it was with ASOIAF, loved the books in the early 00s, was pretty excited about the TV series but while it was decent up until a certain point I honestly couldn't stand the people who just treated it as a spectacle rather than simple entertainment.
>>
>>82726687

>Demo

Who?
>>
>>82724460
>>Twin Peaks Episode X EXPLAINED
>>Twin Peaks theory videos
>>memes
>>Bongistan Bar Reacts to Twin Peaks

I am seriously dreading this. Along with all the autistic retards who have to over analyze every little detail in a show (think True Detective S1) and wind up disappointed the show didn't go by their retarded theory.

Hopeful it airing in the same timeslot as Game of Shit will filter out some of the retards.
>>
>>82726283
>Every single thing in the universe becomes shit once it gets popular.

I wouldn't say every TV series, The Sopranos remained pretty true to itself and it was insanely popular.
>>
>>82727054
>Hopeful it airing in the same timeslot as Game of Shit will filter out some of the retards.
The next day:
"ah bro, Game of Thrones is tight and all but have you heard of this new shit, Twin Peaks? It totally blows GoT out of the water, you should check it out"
>>
>>82727054
>Bongistan Bar Reacts to Twin Peaks

Those fucking cunts will be busy watching GoT. We'll be safe.
>>
>>82727225
You overestimate them. GoT is like a religion to them and by not liking GoT,you're excluding yourself from society. I once said I didn't like GoT to a friend of mine and I explained why,he hasn't talked to me in months. It's honestly in the same boat as walking up to a Christian and saying God isn't real.
>>
>>82727299

What if I don't like GOT besides the first season but like the books? I've always preferred them due to how much lore and depth they have over the show.
>>
File: marinelayer.jpg (33KB, 633x320px) Image search: [Google]
marinelayer.jpg
33KB, 633x320px
>>82727299
Excluding yourself from society is a worthy goal. Thank David, it's possible.
>>
>>82727114
>The Sopranos remained pretty true to itself

Chase was so annoyed with his "fans" he worked hard to make sure literally nothing happened and left the Pine Barren story unresolved just to spite the fans. The latter seasons have a very anti-fan tone all the way up to that final scene.
>>
>>82723878
rip
>>
>>82724327
how can I give this show virtual (You)'s without paying?
>>
Are GOT fags worse than Potter fags? I'd say GOT ones are considering they never even knew about the franchise until HBO picked it up and probably haven't read the source materials.
>>
How the fuck does Lynch have so many Twitter followers? It's more than nearly every A-list actors who's not A+
>>
>>82727656
Twitter bots. He has poor self confidence so his staff hired millions.
>>
why do you guys pretend lynch is some unknown, disliked artist, when pretty much everybody likes him
>>
Twin Peaks is literally dogshit. Hope the new season sucks even more so that you dicklickers will shut the fuck up about it
>>
File: boxing-helena-2.png (944KB, 1278x663px) Image search: [Google]
boxing-helena-2.png
944KB, 1278x663px
The main reason I'm going to pirate the episodes as they come out is to find out how Audrey could possibly have survived. She handcuffed herself to the bars at the entrance of a bank vault, and then a bomb went off inside it. Is she going to be an amputee, pic loosely related?
>>
>>82728351
Pete shielded her from the blast according to the new book. She won't be missing any limbs.
>>
>>82723878
AAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOT FAGS BTFO!!!! LYNCH HAS DONE IT AGAIN!
>>
>>82724082
Agreed. We will bask in our enlightenment while the chads and the stacies gorge themselves on their cheap poorly written smut.
>>
>>82724198
Cuck cuck numale cuck? Cuck cuck cuck cuck jew cuck jew...nigger cuck cuck jew cuck!
>>
>watch one after the other

Problem solved.
Holy fuck, /grandpa/ general
>>
>>82724493
While I haven't seen anyone call it deep, I have seen normies call "real trippy man" and "a total mindfuck". I couldn't imagine them seeing twin peaks or this new season if it turns out to be inland empire lite.
>>
>>82725914
yep, then you'll be forced to start making multiple threads bitching about how "reddit" Twin Peaks is
>>
>>82726501
>I got through season one and two when it aired and didn't once check muh twitter for idiots.
because twitter didn't exist you fucking numbskull
>>
>>82727647
>Are GOT fags worse than Potter fags
Yes. Almost as bad as capeshitters and Star Wars faggots.
>>
Eight fucking days. I'm excited as fuck.
>>
>>82728984
I'm surprised nothing has leaked and that we got our first real "trailer" till like the week before the release. Everything is gonna be a nice surprise. Lynch is our man.
>>
>>82729387
>implying DL is a mere mortal man
>>
>>82723878
is got still relevant for normies?
>>
>>82723878
To separate the patricians from the plebs
>>
>>82724039
Not really. It is just a show about stupid people being confused and making poor decisions. Some people just like it because it makes them feel clever and then they can look down their noses at other people. See the first reply to your post for an example.

Lynch likes to leave some things ambiguous and up to the viewer's interpretation, like a lot of art. Some people with empty heads and few thoughts might project one of their few thoughts onto this Rorschach test and think that they have discovered a secret truth. But the real truth is that it is just a few blobs of ink on a some card and the entire point was to bring about that reaction. Narcissists who get off on boasting about how clever they think the are will shill it, Lynch gets more money and gets to make more vapid, ambiguous projects.
>>
>>82726501
>I got through season one and two when it aired and didn't once check muh twitter for idiots.
u wot m8
>>
>>82723878
this isnt 1990 anymore...

you can watch 2 shows by streaming them fool
2 shows can be popular

get outta here with this bait
>>
>>82729533
Normie women who fancy themselves stronk.

Lynch gives them women in plastic bags, kek.
>>
>>82723878
Will have to wait a couple hours for the torrents here so idrgaftbh
>>
File: 675.jpg (37KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
675.jpg
37KB, 600x626px
>>82724460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1sfVpw9OY
>>
Lynch wants it to get canceled to propagate the hype machine for another decade.
>>
File: twin peaks thicc dog walker.png (314KB, 857x438px) Image search: [Google]
twin peaks thicc dog walker.png
314KB, 857x438px
What did Lynch mean by this?
>>
>>82733423
The theory that TP, MD, and IE are in the same universe
>>
>>82723878
I'm actually so fucking glad that's happening so I don't have to spend my evening watching game of shit
>>
>>82733499
All of his movies are in the same universe you idiot
>>
>>82733739
Whatever you say, reddit
>>
File: TwinPeaksCar.jpg (56KB, 728x400px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksCar.jpg
56KB, 728x400px
>>
>>82730036
>makes them feel clever and then they can look down their noses at other people
The irony of making this statement while thinking you're clever for "seeing through" Twin Peaks and looking down your nose at Lynch fans is, of course, lost on you.
>>
>>82723939
I love Twin Peaks, but it's literally a post-ironic soap opera.
>>
File: TwinPeaksVariety.jpg (722KB, 1281x1920px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksVariety.jpg
722KB, 1281x1920px
>>82733875
>>
File: TwinPeaksLauraDern.jpg (102KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksLauraDern.jpg
102KB, 1000x667px
>>82733968
>>
>>82723878
Good. HBO will put Thrones on HBO Go / Now right at 9 so I can watch it while I wait for Twin Peaks to air, be encoded, and get uploaded.
>>
File: 1484016060682.gif (988KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1484016060682.gif
988KB, 500x350px
Doesn't Twin Peaks finish at the end of June and Game of Thrones start mid July?
>>
>>82733968
>>82734084
Laura Dern looks like THAT?
>>
>>82724857
Reminder that Twin Peaks was at it's most popular at it's weirdest.
When it started to introduce pedestrian stuff like arch-nemesis and mysterious pregnancy was when they lost the public.
>>
>>82734299
>When it started to introduce pedestrian stuff like arch-nemesis and mysterious pregnancy was when they lost the public.
Really?
I thought it lost the public when they solved the mystery the show revolved around and just meandered until the season ended
>>
>>82734332
That's when they introduced the nonsense
>>
>>82724857
>muh secret club

It's like these idiots don't realize that Twin Peaks was an enormously popular mainstream show just because it came out before they were born.
>>
screeners are being sent out. Hopefully it leaks
>>
>>82734299
>Reminder that Twin Peaks was at it's most popular at it's weirdest.
Reminder that Twin Peaks at its weirdest was FWWM, which was not well received.

The show's waning popularity had nothing to do with its weirdness, it had to do with them solving the show's main plotline and having nowhere to go with it after that.
>>
>>82734143
They're airing 4 episodes every Sunday? Or is it 5?
>>
File: schedule.png (66KB, 1120x536px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.png
66KB, 1120x536px
>>82734463
These are the air dates for both shows
>>
>>82734562
There are 18 hours of Twin Peaks though. So unless they're going to be airing more than 1 hour every week (which they are the first two weeks and the last week) that shouldn't be the entire schedule.
>>
>>82734562
That's only half of what's coming for Peaks.
>>
>>82734618
>>82734625
I see. I just looked more and it says there will be weekly episodes until September 3rd.
>>
I've explained my distaste to normies fucking up Twin Peaks to my friend before, and he's always called me out on always disliking anything popular since.
I usually tell him the most popular media is the most accessible, which means its not very creative or risk taking but he usually doesn't have any of it and goes back to saying I hate it for popularity again.
Are there any good answers to explain why most things that are/become popular are normally dogshit?
>>
File: 1479711445425.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479711445425.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
>>82734143
>show that hasn't even started yet and has 18 episodes
>ending in 7 weeks

no
>>
>>82735504
Sounds like your friend is right, 2bh. If you think "normies are fucking up Twin Peaks" that has literally nothing to do with the show itself, and everything to do with edgy contrarianism.
>>
>>82724672
>Dale Cooper
>THE REAL DALE COOPER
>being turned into a monster
Don't you even dare don't you even dare don't you even dare
>>
>>82723878
To separate the patricians from the plebs.
>>
>>82724004
no its on another channel at the same time
>>
>>82724039
i just saw the first episode for the first time, and it was fucking hilarious.
>>
protip: if something you liked becomes popular and no long becomes enjoyable, you're living a facade
>>
What's wrong with Game of Thrones? I saw the first season and read the books up to the fourth and I didn't hate it.
>>
>>82733739

Bullshit. Dune was set in a fictional universe, Eraserhead was set in its own world too and if The Elephant Man had any relation to other Lynch movies it's completely inconsequential.

You could make a point for Inland Empire, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway and Twin Peaks sharing a common mythology but that might very well just be due to Lynch exploring similar themes in them.
>>
>>82736806
The show has surpassed the books at this point and it's starting to feel like a fan fiction of it's former self. At least that's how I see it.
>>
>>82724520
It's only on HBO in select European countries
>>
>>82723878
game of plebs can suck mah boipucci
>>
File: The-Blood-of-Heroes-02.jpg (24KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
The-Blood-of-Heroes-02.jpg
24KB, 720x540px
>>82737192
Nobody carries the Dogboy!
>>
>>82730036
Jesus Christ, it's a fucking mock soap opera with mystery and horror elements peppered in
>>
>>82738133
it's all about the josie boipucci and the bookhouse boys
>>
>>82730036
the smugness in this post
>>
I only got around watching FWWM the other day because everyone said it was divisive, and I figured I could use it as a quick refresher for the new series.

It was fucking great, how the hell did people not like this?
>>
>>82738384
Because muh comfy atmosphere
>>
>>82738404
But the first 20 minutes were comfy as hell.
>>
good to hear twin peaks will not be flooded with normies... not like it makes a difference to us fans, its already made, it will air like normal, and it wont be getting season 4, if it was more popular it would be destroyed by memes
>>
>>82738384
Some people didn't like it because it didn't solve any of the loose ends left in Twin Peaks.
Others didn't like it because it was far too different to the show's tone.
Honestly though, it's actually not as great as people now make it out to be. Sure, it's interesting seeing the events that led to Laura's death, and Sheryl Lee does a great job in the role, but it's all so pointless. The film shows us nothing we hadn't already learned from the series. It's an hour and a half of the same stuff, but somehow presented in a far less interesting way than what the show managed to do. The parts in the Black Lodge are good, though.

>>82738404
Twin Peaks is "comfy". The bizarre mix of humour and surrealism is what makes the show so good. What the hell are you even doing in this thread if you don't like the show? Fuck off, try-hard.
>>
File: 1474351850912.jpg (74KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1474351850912.jpg
74KB, 1920x816px
was it kino?
>>
>>82738887
I like Lynch's other works more than Twin Peaks even though I like Twin Peaks too. But people are way too attached to the comfy feeling and that's part of the reason they hated FWWM. You even said it youself, "it was far too different to the show's tone".
>>
>>82724460
>wahhh wahh why did they have to watch my secret show
>>
>>82726501
kek
>>
>>82738519
Twin Peaks is already flooded by normies. More than half the people who make and post in these threads haven't seen the show and are just getting into it, specifically because of its return. You can very well bet that the people who watch Game of Thrones are the same that will watch the new Twin Peaks, and make cancerous generals on /tv/. The new season is not exactly being made for fans of the original show (although it doesn't seem like they are shying away from including all that nostalgia bait either), they're shooting for Showtime's main demographic, the 'netflix and chill' generation, 15-22 year old normies with an obsession for social media. Showtime has a lot riding on this, they aren't that stupid to make this a circle-jerk for 'le kino patricians'.
>>
>>82739140
Lynch had full creative control. This definitely is not targeting the "Netflix and chill" generation even if Showtime's marketing might make it seem like that at times. It's going to be another Lynch feature and if it wasn't going to be Lynch wouldn't have come back to being involved in it.
>>
>>82739140
Lynch already walked and they were forced to give him full control.

It's really the closest you could actually get to a true season 3 in this climate.
>>
>>82730036

Watching it currently (S2E8), I somewhat agree.

The soap opera overacting, the high number of fucking retarded characters, utter disregard for protocol, the duality of 'nice ideal place, but everyone is secretly fucking everyone else and backstabbing each other'.

Trying to weave a standard crime mystery into magic land where no one even gives a shit they just jumped from 'real' to magic is strange. Like does it even fucking matter at this point if Bob is 'caught' he's a fucking possession based entity. I also don't care for most characters, just not invested in them. All characters have a sort of over done anime like quirk, entertaining and funny but that's it, they don't feel like people.

The visuals are quirky, not really my taste to linger on shots for so long when nothing is happening.

If the point is not to solve the case(s) then what is?
>>
>>82723939
>Lynchkino

>Calling ANYTHING ELSE "days of our lives"

Are you serious right now?
>>
>>82724460
It has to be at least on the level of FWWM or else this was a waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>82724556
It's Sunday evening. Showtime's still gotta have something decent on.
>>
>>82724614
>Still though,this will probably be Lynch's last work
Fucked up, but you might be right. Stubborn bastard.

I still feel like he's never said everything he needed to say as an artist. The FINAL LYNCHING hasn't happened yet.

If so, what was it? What was his peak? Could s3 be it? If this is it, I sure hope so.
>>
>>82724082
>not watching both
Twin Peaks is normie as fuck kiddo
>>
>>82725856
This post physically affected me.
>>
>>82740032
You're into the worst part of S2 at this point, it's all downhill from here until the final episode.

They bring in a new mystery that ultimately just serves as a poor imitation of the one that had people hooked.
>>
>>82736806

First season of the TV show is great, quite faithful. Subsequent seasons get further and further away from the books, some events don't happen, backstory not told, characters written out earlier, squashed into one or not there at all. The production quality also drops, not sure where the fucking money is going (lack of extras at times, horses, choreography, multiple actors playing same character, wardrobe getting worse). Eventually surpassed the books so people argue if it's really the writers vision or the producers (given how far off the TV show is from the books, it's not as heavily guided by the author as many would like).
>>
>>82727114
Sopranos is the exception to everything. >>82727483 is right, though. They still had to actively struggle to resist the fanbase.
>>
>>82726687
when was that, or is it that 40 minute thing where he talks about his family and pet's slowly dying
>>
>>82739140

Personally not interested in the show before the return because cliffhanger ending/cancellation. Biggest thing to put me off a show even if it's critically acclaimed. There's also mention of how S1 is good S2 is shit except last episode.
>>
>>82740382
season 2 is good up until the murder is sloved, I think on of the most impactful scenes happens early s2 as well
>>
>>82734152
she was always my girl
>>
>>82727752
There are A LOT of haters of him
>>
>>82724004
this is 8/10 bait made me reply
>>
>it's /tv/ and shills pretend Twin Peaks isn't THE 'normie' show episode
Everyday - maybe I should change the channel?
>>
>>82740676
Such a normie post.

Twin Peaks was a groundbreaking show, only plebs disagree. Unfortunately this new season won't have the same impact, or be anywhere near as good, despite what normies like yourself like to believe.
>>
>>82740937
I don't think your post could be any more irrelevant to what I said.
>>
>>82726894
Demolition D
>>
>>82740995
when does he usually stream anyway I keep missing them
>>
don't know what is worse. the normies who are only into it because it's hip right now, or the try-hard normies who pretend to be die-hard TP/Lynch fans going on about how epic the new season will be.
>>
>>82742076
I believe he is pointing out the irony of it. Days of our Lives is a soap opera...
>>
>>82726207
Everything gets booed at Cannes.
>>
>>82738944
It's one of my all time favourite movies.
>>
>>82726207
It was booed because the film, objectively speaking, makes no fucking sense unless you've watched the show. This is why a lot of people consider it to be pretty shit as a standalone film, and they are not wrong in doing so.

Contrary to the point you are trying to make, the pilot of the show was universally praised. The show lost viewers as it went on,and it was never really able to get the same ratings that it did for the pilot, not even close.
>>
>>82742380
That's because of TP viewing parties.
>>
>>82742547
So you're saying they shouldn't have cancelled it, because they actually did have the same number of people watching it?
>>
>>82733890

best post in thread
>>
File: FaceApp_1494764706024.jpg (260KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1494764706024.jpg
260KB, 1280x1280px
Interesting
>>
>>82744273
Can we all agree that the James subplot is the worst subplot in TV history?
>>
File: Twin-Peaks-Cooper-Bob-1.jpg (96KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Twin-Peaks-Cooper-Bob-1.jpg
96KB, 1680x1050px
get in here guys
http://lets.rabb.it/886j/tukOx7qO8C
>>
>>82724653
I think they got around that by having a shit load of cheap merch on their online store, while charging $70 for shit like a blanket
>>
>>82736345
not him, but it's not totally out there, since his soul was trapped in the black lodge
if he was truly pure of heart then maybe he'd have been okay
we've also seen Leland in the movie being angry and fucked up, when he wasn't being controlled by Bob
>>
Fire Walk With Me is shit and that's proof that the soap elements are the best thing about Twin Peaks. Shame retards are going to watch and be disappointed when every episode isn't 60 minutes of proving their plebby fanfiction right.
>>
>>82744411
you could say IT'S WRONG!!!
>>
>>82723878
Lynch is gonna get lynched if he fucks this up.
>>
What are your theories why nobody realized the real Cooper is trapped in the Black Lodge and hasn't gotten him outta there for 25 FUCKING YEARS?
>>
File: 1426101386519.jpg (305KB, 1520x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1426101386519.jpg
305KB, 1520x1138px
/comfy/ season is almost upon us lads
>>
>>82744831
Somebody has and that person is now dead/missing for about 25 years now, according to the book. Not going to tell you who it is because it's a huge spoiler, but one quick Google search will if you really want to know.
>>
No Gersten Hayward = riot.
>>
>>82724779
This
>>
File: 1490196835055.jpg (52KB, 638x647px) Image search: [Google]
1490196835055.jpg
52KB, 638x647px
>>82733796
>>82737054
The universe is his head ya dingus. You're approaching this from a marvel meme perspective. The fucking fabric of reality always breaks in his more realistic films. Take a fucking hint.
>>
Anyone else willing to bet that le enlightened mass media is going to shit on this for being sexist and having no diversity?
>>
File: Oh look, it's fucking nothing.jpg (165KB, 315x643px) Image search: [Google]
Oh look, it's fucking nothing.jpg
165KB, 315x643px
>>82723878
False.
TP is moving to another hour at some point. It's not going to be airing at the same time. I don't watch GoT and I know this.
Why don't you check before you post misinformation?
>>
>>82745653
She's in it.
>>
>>82745830
Dune can safely be excluded. It's just an adaptation of a sci-fi/fantasy novel. As for the rest, I'm inclined to agree. I don't like the capeshit "universe" terminology. His work has always been connected, certainly in themes, possibly in plot. It doesn't matter much either way. It's just Lynch's world.
>>
File: 1462315801880.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1462315801880.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>82724276
It was exactly meant to be like this. A literal pleb filter. Stannis is alive in S7 btw
>>
>>82727398
thats even worse. You get called bookfag and all your criticisms of the show and the writers gets met with "hurrrrrrrrr boooks and show are not the same stop being a snob" even if you compare the show against itself
>>
>>82738944
Why doesn't Disney make comfy family movies like this anymore? Now it's all cartoons and action.
>>
Man, I'm getting around to watching "The Missing Pieces", and that scene where Teresa blackmails Leland shouldn't have even been FILMED, I don't know what Lynch was thinking with that one.

The way it was just inferred in FWWM by Jacques was so much better.
>>
Can someone explain the final red room sequence?
>>
>>82724039
Yes. Ignore these two anons >>82724080
>>82730036.
Its pretty great. Eraserhead is a rough starting point, I'm not even sure how much I like it myself. But Twin Peaks is great.
>>
>>82747791
He fails the test of the Lodge by having imperfect courage. He gives his soul to Windom, therefore it's now in possession of BOB, it seems, so his doppelganger is created and he's stuck and can't leave.
That's about all as far as plot is concerned.
Now there is no place to go.. BUT HOME!
>>
>>82734152
lynch sure knows how to pick existential horror
>>
Did "cooper" kidnap, rape and murder Annie?
>>
File: aa618d653f485c7bba45b8bb8c9ef12e.jpg (223KB, 1520x1138px) Image search: [Google]
aa618d653f485c7bba45b8bb8c9ef12e.jpg
223KB, 1520x1138px
>>82748036
>He gives his soul to Windom
No he doesn't. Bob stops and kills Windom before that happens. Cooper gets stuck because he failed the test. The whole reason Windom wanted Cooper's soul in the first place was because he thought it had perfect courage, and he was wrong.
>>
>>82748303
That's just an interpretation. It's not capeshit, neither is it spelled out.
I think Coop is stuck because he gave his soul away, which created the doppelganger.
>>
>>82748117
Jokes aside he sure does, and in this day and age that means falling down weird youtube holes.
https://youtu.be/d0mReBHT-g0
>>
You people are fucking delusional holy shit

You people really think Twin Peaks wont attract normies?in the age of internet when everything WILL be explained and discussed?

Top kek gonna enjoy You people posting Twin Peaks tumblr posts to make each other mad
>>
>>82748471
Maybe it will because they just like what's hot, but it still won't be made for them like every other show around these days. David made sure of that, he put the revival on the line to make sure.
>>
>>82748543
Yes exactly this. Lynch is an auteur and he won't be influenced by normie trends and meme shit. The only reason you could be upset about the show being popular is if you actively seek out retards on youtube and twitter just to get mad about them.
>>
>>82748471
>>82748543
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at 4chan's obtuse usage of the word "normie". Most people here are normies. You just love to feel like a special snowflake, not unlike the tumblrinas you mock. Two sides of the same coin. People everywhere will enjoy and not enjoy the new series, 4chan, tumblr, reddit, youtube, twitter, you name it. Grow the fuck up, you deluded morons.
>>
File: 1491208271458.jpg (36KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491208271458.jpg
36KB, 200x200px
>>82728744

>how "reddit" Twin Peaks is

reddit loves it

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/
>>
>>82748677
There's also an /r/4chan so I guess all of us are reddit as fuck?
>>
>>82748706

Probably. Though that's just screencaps, no?
>>
File: ....jpg (3KB, 166x164px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
3KB, 166x164px
>>82748706
Yes.
Stop dividing people into popular websites.
>>
>>82723878
Game of Thrones is for plebeian trash. Twin Peaks will be watched by those with taste.
>>
>>82727054
So don't fucking watch these things then Norman, if you didn't go on reddit and facebook like the normie you are you wouldn't be aware of any bullshit like that.
>>
>>82728787
>calls people numbskull
>is literally fucking retarded
>>
>>82728843
Those are all the exact same thing, if you're one you're all of them.
>>
HBO has VOD and streaming for all their shows, so it doesn't even matter when they air because you can watch them whenever.
>>
>>82749664
>thinks twitter was around when TP was originally airing
>calls other people fucking retarded
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.