[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on this, /tv/. Why should I watch it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (69KB, 382x288px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg
69KB, 382x288px
Redpill me on this, /tv/.
Why should I watch it?
>>
>>82707690
For the very last EP where Cooper wanders in the Black Lodge. 100% kino.
>>
because it's good and has qt3.14 waifus.
>>
That gum you like is going to come back in style.
>>
>>82707690

It's too late, you'll think it's shit. It was good in the '90s but too much has happened in 25 years. You've seen it all before.
>>
It's just a weird soap opera. Nothing interesting except some pretty faces. Season two is unbearable shit.
>>
>>82707853
all of the lynch directed episodes are kino.

the more normal episodes are fine. the characters are good so the show still kinda works even during the post-Laura stretch leading up to the finale.

but when you finish a non-lynch episode and it leads into a lynch episode, it's amazing how confident and inventive lynch is.
>>
>>82707690

It's worth watching if you like lynch for sure

Does a surreal murder-mystery with aspects of the paranormal sound interesting to you?

Are you OK with some episodes being fantastic and some being mediocre/bad?

If so, it's worth a watch.
>>
theres a lot to take in

i feel like the redoot will probably normy it up a bit

i'm waiting for that, cbf trying to remember everything, gave up pretty early in season one
>>
Holy fuck no, it's one of the first instances where you watch something shitty ironically, in this case a soap opera. They just toss in a handful of *holds up spork*-tier wacky scenes to wake you up every now and then.
>>
>>82708112
want to add i know everything that happens though,

it seems like it takes a long time for things to happen but when it decides something is happening you better be paying attention, a bit self important like that after entire episodes of nothing happening it would seem
>>
>people not able to go through the first layer of cheesiness

shiggy diggy
>>
>>82707690
Twin Peaks is a great show, one of the best in fact. I think it's a must-watch, regardless if you're into murder mysteries or not. At the very least check out the standalone pilot with the "closed" ending, I believe it's called the International version, or something along those lines.

>>82708008
Such a stupid post. Lynch directed a total of 6 episodes of the show. Part of the reason why Twin Peaks is so great is because of the creativity and ideas that other fantastic directors and writers brought to the show. Since nothing like it had ever aired on television people's imaginations were going wild. Frost and Lynch obviously laid down the groundwork for that to happen, as well as the producer running it, but you make it seem like there was nothing else to it. I bet if David Lynch were to film nothing but closeups of a goat taking a shit for 40 minutes you'd think it was "kino".

>>82708112
It's not a reboot, though. But it does seem to be attracting a different demographic, namely the "normys" you speak of.

>>82708288
The cheesiness is just a product of the time. I think it's hilarious that new younger viewers assume it's done ironically.
>>
Post the chart
>>
I hope you don't watch it so we don't have yet another fucking faggot who forced himself to watch a show because /tv/ told him to and not genuine interest and then doesn't understand half of it and ends up asking questions like "DAE HAET JAMES LIKE UGH PUUKE!"
>>
>>82708742
r u an retarded?
>>
>>82708112
Nah, I'm pretty sure the new season is going to alienate a lot of the people who are obsessed with the first two seasons.
>>
Catherine best woman
>>
>>82709175
the new season is goin to alienate everyone (fans of the original show and fans of original lynch) except normies who are into shows like the walking dead, the OA, waterworld, and so on
>>
>>82707690
It's one of the most talked about TV shows ever. If absolutely nothing you've heard has interested you enough to watch it by now, then don't watch it.
>>
>>82709581
I'm not sure why you think this is what's going to happen. From what little we've seen so far it looks like a Lynch movie.
>>
File: 1penis.jpg (128KB, 600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1penis.jpg
128KB, 600x1250px
>>82707690
because comfy meme, it's full of filler and it barely resembles anything made by Lynch

the ending it's great
>>
>>82709581
That's the one situation I think is definitely not going to happen. Lynch isn't one to pander, and he fought so he wouldn't have to. Either one of the two fan groups that you mentioned like it, or it's complete trash due him losing his touch and like the star wars prequels no one likes it pleb and patrician alike, except for /tv/ contrarians.
>>
File: TwinPeaksCar.jpg (56KB, 728x400px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksCar.jpg
56KB, 728x400px
>>
File: TwinPeaksVariety.jpg (722KB, 1281x1920px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksVariety.jpg
722KB, 1281x1920px
>>82710231
>>
>>82710231
Interesting that Laura Dern was in that shoot along with Coop and Lynch. I guess she's the most integral new character?
>>
File: TwinPeaksLauraDern.jpg (102KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaksLauraDern.jpg
102KB, 1000x667px
>>82710331
>>
>>82710338
Lynch just loves her.
>>
>>82710810
I think in one interview she said they were best friends. And in the Variety interview she said they'd have coffee together occasionally and that's how she felt something was different once the Twin Peaks revival stuff started happening.
>>
>>82709581
>new twin peaks will be for normies
>>
>>82710338
She plays Dianne
>>
>>82711035
>All she's ever been in are her youtube videos
https://youtu.be/d0mReBHT-g0
>>
>>82711035
whos that?
>>
>>82711035
Is that Denise?
>>
>>82711654
>>82711669
New character, mysteriously not on the cast list that was released a while ago.
>>
>>82711754
Some people think Bowie has a few scenes too that was filmed before he died and was left off the cast list too. I think that would be pretty cool
>>
File: 1412310171400.jpg (21KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
1412310171400.jpg
21KB, 446x362px
>>82711423
>>
saw a LOT of billboards advertising TP last night driving in to philadelphia, pretty cool knowing its coming back
>>
File: jake.jpg (79KB, 1166x786px) Image search: [Google]
jake.jpg
79KB, 1166x786px
Holy fucking shit I just looked up people who directed episodes. Based Jakes dad directed episode 27

weird
>>
Because it's good.
>>
>>82707690
Yes, watch at least until the Palmer case is solved. If you are really wanting to knock it out fast there is a good fan edit called Northwest Passage that cuts out a lot of filler and gets to the point, but a lot of people find the filler charming so it depends on the person.
>>
>>82707920
>Look at my quote, guys XD I'm totally part of le secret club LOL!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.