[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tv/. Just got back from the Costco to get my copy of Heat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1488122074315.jpg (160KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1488122074315.jpg
160KB, 1224x1632px
Sup /tv/. Just got back from the Costco to get my copy of Heat. Anyone else picked this up?
>>
>>82703649
How much is it at Costco?
That version is about 20 dollars on ebay
>>
>>82703753
OP ETERNALLY BTFO. HOW WILL HE RECOVER?!!!!!!!!! OHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHIT HE MAY AS WELL JUST FUCKING HANG HIMSELF DESU
>>
The audio mix is fucked.
The dialogue in some scenes is almost inaudible.
>>
Post herschlag webums
>>
>>82704194
no
>>
>>82704121
It's like that intentionally. Mann is hard-of-hearing in one ear and he has some device which makes dialogue really loud and other sounds quiet and he mixes his films accordingly. Only problem is when you listen to the sound with normal hearing, it's off.
>>
what's the difference to the normal version? commentary tracks?
>>
What did it add?
>>
>>82704717
It's a new 4K scan and the colours are a bit different (warmer). Other than that, I think it has the deleted scenes, some Q & As with Mann and the cast and probably the commentary from the DVD.
>>
>>82704749
just took a look at the comparison screens, they actually managed to make the new scan softer than the existing JAP BD.
>>
tension?
>>
>>82705177
Correct
>>
saving this thread

also I finally watched Thief and it's a great film
>>
>>82703649
The transfer on the original BD is somehow still better.
>>
>>82706530
The Japanese blu ray has the best transfer. Sharper than the American blu ray with the same color palette.
>>
>>82704449
Should sound just perfect to me then. I have to watch everything with CC on despite having the volume up high.
>>
>>82706786
He mixes the dialogue quiet and the sound effects loud because they sound the opposite to him.
>>
>>82703649
is that the version that's only 50 minutes long and cuts all of the relationship/personal life scenes?

Heat is half a great movie, half a piece of shit with terrible actresses who add nothing
>>
>>82707766
>he didn't understand the film
>>
>>82708052
>he doesn't recognize shitty writing and acting
>>
>>82707766
>actresses who add nothing
Without the love interests (not just Deniro but Pacino and Kilmer wives too) in the film the whole "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around" thing falls apart and basically the whole third act is for nothing.
Heat is not just about the great action set pieces you know.
>>
File: 6220_front.jpg (565KB, 1972x2480px) Image search: [Google]
6220_front.jpg
565KB, 1972x2480px
the original uk release of this is awful the audio is muffly and the video is not much better
>>
>>82706786
and nobody ever has the balls to tell him he's a deaf old fart and should leave the soundmix to people who can still hear?
>>
>>82708694
Anon is just over exaggerrating, it's not like Mann is sitting in a studio mixing the audiotracks himself.
He's fucking 74 now, pretty sure even he is aware of his condition.
>>
>>82704121
I think it's just a mann thing

i thought the same watching this and collateral
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.