[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is possibly one of the most disappointing movies I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 46

This is possibly one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen. Not implying that it was all bad because it wasn't. Fassbender like always delivered a 10/10 performance but the script was fairly poor, the dialogue was terrible (no real life dialogue like in 1979 Alien where everyone actually feels like real people).

The plot holes in this pissed me off. Why does David go on a ramble about Monkeys standing up straight and Neanderthals being created when I thought it was the Engineers that created the humans?

Why does David decide to turn every single Engineer to stone when he arrives on their planet. Not only that but there is literally NO BACKSTORY about the Engineers at all. Yes Alien had no backstory about the space jockey, planet but that was because we were watching the movie entirely through the Nostromo crew's eyes who knew noising and the mystery of it is what makes that movie such a masterpiece.

This however is a sequel to Prometheus when Prometheus was asking questions as where we come from and Shaw and David planned to travel to the Engineers home world to get answers to everything so you would expect this being a sequel would answer some questions and yet NOTHING is answered.

The only thing that is answered is about how the Alien from 1979 was created and that was by David who is obsessed with experimenting on humans to create a new species and even then that has nothing to do with the Engineers' subplot.

That scene where David stands outside and looks down on all the Engineers turned to stone REALLY PISSED me off because you would expect we would get some info on why his planet has Roman like buildings and looks very advanced as well as you would expect David to ramble about their civilization and why he killed them all but nope... we just get a flashback to him dropping all the liquid shit that turns everyone to stone and then the movie returns to an Alien chasing and killing people.

This movie is so disappointing.
>>
>>82698904

4 movies.
>>
>>82698904
Those blue mother fuckers should have never torn his head off in Prometheus
>>
>>82699696
>decides to murder an entire race because one person ripped his head off
k
>>
>>82698904
is that joseph gordon levitt
>>
>>82699716
Don't forget they were coming to glass the earth, David just got in first.

That's not why he did it though. He was reveling in human emotion and he wanted to be god. He had clearly gone rogue, hence the updated models that followed.
>>
>>82698904
alright my only question is this.how do they justify the gay couple?
>>
>>82698904
I was kinda pissed that they killed shaw off screen

I didn't even like her that much, but come in man
>>
>>82699784
Every movie coming out now must have at least one homosex scene and at least one white woman getting blacked or it will never get passed the hollywood jews
>>
>>82698904

>New Ridley Scott

>Sequel to Prometheus

My expectation are so low that I refuse to believe I could be disappointed by it.
>>
>>82699784
>how do they justify the gay couple?
the gay couple isnt even gay in the actual movie. when one of the gay guys die, his lover tries to kiss him and a woman tells him to stop cos he's dead or some shit like that.

Also the line
>"This colony is entirely made up of couples"
Isn't in the movie
>>
File: 1491974693655.png (182KB, 506x328px) Image search: [Google]
1491974693655.png
182KB, 506x328px
>>82699784
There was a gay couple? Guess the movie did one thing right then seeing how I didn't notice them
>>
>>82698904

>Watching Prometheus

>Whole movie turns out to be blue balls

>Quickly just turns into an Alien rip off with some retards trapped on an empty planet getting infected and killed off by an alien and dealing with an asshole android

>Don't worry goy, you will see the Engineers home world and get some actual story in the sequel!

>Sequel opens with Engineers getting wiped out

>Rest of movie is another alien ripoff with retards getting infect and killed by an alien and dealing with an asshole android

Seriously, how do they keep getting away with this?

They're not going to make a third one are they?

They wouldn't literally make another one where a bunch of people are stuck on a planet, get infected, killed by an alien or aliens and deal with an asshole android again...

Would they?
>>
>>82699696
Elizabeth should have never put it back on its shoulders.
>>
>>82699809
Shaw is the best female lead right behind Ripley in the Alien series so her death really fucking pissed me off.

She could have been a second Ripley for a new generation but Ridley had to fuck her character up and kill her off.

I like to pretend Alien: Covenant is just fan fiction and in reality: Shaw and David arrived on the planet, she sensed David is pure evil and she escaped before he could harm her and now she is somewhere else trying to find help to warn humans of the evils of Wayland's androids (hence why in the future, a lot of upgrades are made on the androids to change them and hence Walter is made).
>>
>>82699850
>There was a gay couple?
If you watched the movies intro that was cut out of the movie then you would have known:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I
>>
File: 1473061290338.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473061290338.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>82698904
Something that isn't explained/ you didn't understand isn't a plot hole you stupid fucking mouth breather. Fuck off this board and take your brain damage with you.
>>
>>82699864
>Seriously, how do they keep getting away with this?
Your guess is as good as mine, Ridley probably went senile a while ago.
>They're not going to make a third one are they?
Senile Ridley wants 4 of those.
>They wouldn't literally make another one where a bunch of people are stuck on a planet, get infected, killed by an alien or aliens and deal with an asshole android again...
You can't stop David. I mean Ridley.
>>
>>82699809
>>82699893
>everyone complains about Aliens crew getting axed before the events of 3
>let's do it again!
>>
File: alien-covenant-prologue.jpg (22KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-prologue.jpg
22KB, 620x372px
>>82699893
Fuck this movie. This is what happened to Shaw
>She escaped from David
>Found one of those humanoid people who cared for her and she was later picked up by another human ship who explored the planet way after the events of Covenant
>She helped design new Androids so they wouldn't be as evil as David

>David found a surviving Enginner or humanoid creature whatever the fuck it is since Ridley doesn't bother to explain shit and he experimented on them instead of using Shaw
>>
>>82699893
None of the characters after part 2 are worth a dam.
David is the most interesting and hes a fucking robot.
>>
File: 1493137584568.png (48KB, 211x214px) Image search: [Google]
1493137584568.png
48KB, 211x214px
>>82698904
this is painful to read anon, I am already disappointed because just like you in my naivety I was expecting more information about engineers, their culture, their reasons to create/destroy humans or filmmaker's take on religion and evolution - which seems to me as a million times more interesting story than retarded cunts being chased by weird black mutant
>>
>>82698904
better than Prometheus.

much more traditional subtle story telling, has a beginning a middle and an end

tense, excellent character design and cgi models that dont ruin everything

acting was better than prometheus but not as good as the first 3 movies in the series.

Fassbender is amazing.

there are a few baffling decisions made by the crew but nothing that invalidates the characters or story.

there was no exploration of the engineers, but the mystery is a good thing?

im a huge fan of the series and I wasn't disappointed.

8/10 for a creature feature.
>>
>>82698904
Aliens are humans. Way to kill the franchise.
>>
>>82699716
i thought he wiped out the engineers because he viewed them as no better than the humans and he had gone a little nuts a la wayland himself
>>
>>82699992
>None of the characters after part 2 are worth a dam.
I agree. After they killed the last Alien and threw him into space (that felt like the ending of Aliens) and the female lead celebrated because all the Aliens were dead... I felt nothing for her nor cared about the movies events.

All I cared for is Shaw and Ridley had to fucking kill her off.

FUCK THIS MOVIE

Yeah I do like David but him killing off Shaw was a terrible decision. He should have kept Shaw alive for company or something. I mean, even the evil Nazi in Schindler's List felt love for that Jewish woman so why couldn't David had kept Shaw alive as the movie battles with him wanting to be God but also feeling human with his love for Shaw.

FUCKING HELL RIDLEY YOU COULD HAVE HAD A GOOD MOVIE AND NOT THIS SHIT
>>
hahah they pulled an Alien 3 again hahahaha
>>
>>82700019
>better than Prometheus.
No it isn't you fucking shit. Alien: Covenant is worse than Prometheus.

This movie actually made me appreciate Prometheus more for its uniqueness that didn't try to copy Alien
>>
>>82700038
how are the aliens human?...
>>
>>82700013
>Ridley : the alien sequels suck because they reveal nothing about the derelict ship or space jockey!
>>
File: Dead_Hicks_Alien3.jpg (75KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Hicks_Alien3.jpg
75KB, 500x282px
>>82700070
This movie was Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 smashed together.
>>
File: babysitters04.jpg (30KB, 565x317px) Image search: [Google]
babysitters04.jpg
30KB, 565x317px
>>
>>82700044
DUDE WHO CARES. LET'S GET BACK TO CGI ALIENS CHASING PEOPLE LMAO
>>
>>82700071
prometheus had 2 actors, a stroy that didnt make any sense, retarded scientists and no pay off

i enjoyed prometheus but it was too pretentious and it didnt deliver on its ambitions.

covenant was much more straight forward but it delivered its plot points and is much better acted.
>>
File: 135236347.png (2MB, 1982x534px) Image search: [Google]
135236347.png
2MB, 1982x534px
>>82700080
>Prometheus
They are shown as giant like creatures

>Alien: Covenant
Manlet like humans who look dumb
>>
>>82700162
>covenant was much more straight forward but it delivered its plot points and is much better acted.
No it wasn't better you fucking idiot.

Prometheus was actually enjoyable in a philosophical sense of exploring a new planet.

Alien: Covenant however I found not enjoyable at all and I wanted to get up and leave the cinema with how bland it was.
>>
>>82700189
yeah that was different. they seemed similar to the special features rendition of engineers though.

>>82700200
covenant was laden with philosophical context. it was just a lot more subtle than the first.

come on, youre treating Prometheus like it was some sort of study.

it was a damon lindeloff "obscure" retelling of ancient alines theory with a dash of greek mythology.

covenant, is a well-designed creature feature that has a silver lining of self-reflection... it didnt disappear up its own asshole
>>
File: 136.png (312KB, 1048x449px) Image search: [Google]
136.png
312KB, 1048x449px
>>82700300
>covenant, is a well-designed creature feature that has a silver lining of self-reflection
I completely disagree. Covenant pissed me off so fucking much. As I said, I wanted to get up and leave the cinema with the movie following the basic Alien plot points. The only thing that kept me engaged was the scene with David in his Alien lab talking to Walter because that at least was intriguing but everything else about the movie was shit.

Why are the Aliens suddenly fully grown too? One of the Aliens doesn't even enter in chest burster phase and the way the Alien runs is too fucking fast!

What made Alien so scary to me is how slow it moved in the first Alien because it was slowly getting closer and closer like that Lambert scene. This movie wasn't scary at all.

Also the Alien looks more scary with a human like tall body and not like the Aliens bug like body.

This movie had too much CGI.
>>
>>82700189
Your'e talking about the "engineers"?
Don't forget the fossilized one in the original Alien is a fucking giant, about 5 times bigger than Prometheus engineers.
The "suit" with the elephant appendage was never a suit. The thing had empty eye sockets, teeth and a burst chest. It was literally fossilized and fused into the chair
>>
They fucked up more than just the story.
For one, there was no real tension surrounding the aliens. There were brief moments of violence where people actually got attacked, but no real looming danger. The movie simply didn't take enough time to build any tension.

Then there was the whole 'mysterious civilization' which nobody seemed to give a damn about. Weird looking ship? Massive temple complex with dead bodies? Meh. The editing didn't help, seeing how the establishing shots where all cut into a million little pieces. There is simply no sense of awe at this advanced world in any way.

The lore is convoluted, but I don't really care about that. It fails as a film because it tries to be a cheap modern horror film and a 2deep4u scifi at the same time but doesn't have an atmosphere to fit either.
>>
>>82700360
every movie has too much cgi.

i thought the design was cool, their human dna was much more evident , its more disturbing to have something ...familiar as opposed to the aliens just being bugs.

the classic xeno's never showed up though so considering the differing gestation periods in of the first 4 movies, given that the creatures in this movie were a different species entirely the life cycle didnt bother..

yeah the most interesting part of the movie was fassbender, he is basically in the interesting part of the movie, everyone else is just there to be in the creature feature aspecct.

im sorry you didnt enjoy it more, maybe my expectations were just so low from Prometheus ... i was almost pathologically disappointed by that film.
>>
>>82700385
lol not anymore it's a guy in a spacesuit

t. ridley
>>
>>82700385
>The "suit" with the elephant appendage was never a suit.
Ridley literally says that it is a suit. Unless you want to pretend that Alien isn't canon in the Prometheus timeline

btw we see the giant suits in Alien Covenant for a brief second.

I still want fucking answers if the people David turned to stone are engineers are not
>>
>>82700461
i assumed they were the same species.
maybe not all engineers are selected to seed life?

the old engineers from the special features looked like these creatures.

that wasnt explained but i can accept that given that there are more movies coming in a year or so
>>
>>82700461
In the original movie that started the whole franchise it is clearly not a suit.
Fuck what Ridley says, he pulls shit out his ass and is an old hack who made a couple good films in his prime.
>>
I just want a movie that makes me feel like I just read at the mountains of madness.
>>
>>82698904
It seems like he was afraid to make the movie he wanted to (or just hadn't thought it through enough) so he fell back on classic Alien tropes instead of actually answering the questions he wanted us to ask of Prometheus.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I watch the original Alien, I don't come away asking where it came from. It works because despite giving away very little contextual information, there is huge attention to detail. The crew feels like a real crew. The evil android twist makes sense even though you know nothing about the mysterious corporation.

This prequel series is basically the inverse. Now there's this huge ambitious story about creation, and yet on the most basic level it's lazy. The characters don't feel real. Their decisions don't make sense. Scott has replaced mystery with plotholes. Maybe he thinks they're the same thing now.

That could be forgiven if that bigger story was expanded upon, but it's just there. It's vapid. The engineers barely even show up. David wants to kill humans because having him say "you have to destroy to create" sounds cool and profound. Huge revelations are given away in offhand dialogue, and other questions just aren't even acknowledged. Setting up further movies isn't an excuse.

I don't really get what the purpose of these movies is, or who they're supposed to appeal to. The worldbuilding is incomplete and messy. The terrible characters make it difficult to be invested in. And every scene with the xenomoprh we've already seen 10 times before, so it doesn't work as horror. The crew needs to be intelligent scientists because otherwise having this huge story about searching for mankind's creator wouldn't work. But at the same time they need to be stupid and inexperienced so we can see the same Alien cliches again. And in order to keep remaking Alien, we have to spend the best part of two hours with the crew, which means no time for expanding on the universe. It's a circle of stupidity.
>>
Killing the engineers actually pissed me off, but from an awful writing standpoint. Its so fucking generic
>>
>>82700658
You have no idea how pissed off this movie made me
>>
>>82700658
>>82700678

It was really awful, it was pointless and the reasoning makes zero fucking sense
>>
>>82700723
David wants to be God so that means killing off other intelligent species and creating his own?
>>
>>82700736
No I get it, but its just so fucking stupid
>>
>>82700772
Did Ridley want to create some poetry with the Bible where God kills off all humans in a flood apart from Noah and his family? idk
>>
It's pretty meh. Much like Prometheus, Fassbender is the best part.
>>
>Ridley wants to do like 6 more of these movies.
Just fucking let it die.
>>
>>82700736
Don't forget that in Prometheus they had earth dialed in as a destination and had a payload of black goo.
Why wouldn't David fuck them up? He was enjoying the power trip. His model was recalled.
>>
>>82700854
Movie going normies come out of the cinema going "wow, that was awesome"
That's all that matters.
>>
>>82698904
I enjoyed it. Significantly better than Prometheus for me. My main complaints were the action scene that took place on the wing of the spaceship or whatever, it felt completely out of place considering up to this point the movie had been pretty gritty. I also hated the shower sex scene, it felt waaaay too horror movie cliche and didn't make sense in the context of the movie, these guys friends have died, they been made to listen to their screaming over the radio on the ship and as soon as the survivors get back they go to the shower and have sex.
>>
>>82698904
Why did so many normies think this was going to be any good? Ridley Scott has made nothing but mediocre movies lately, and Prometheus wasn't great. Hell, no film in the franchise came even close to the quality of Alien/Aliens.
>>
Alien = Aliens > Covenant > Alien Cubed > Prometheus > Resurrection

you guys always have the worst opinions, mine is correct
>>
>>82698904
holy fuck so many run-on sentences.
>>
File: 1449339504210.jpg (17KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1449339504210.jpg
17KB, 251x242px
the movie was great and the haters sperging out is hillarious
>>
File: aliens-sigourney-weaver-130.jpg (196KB, 800x1213px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-sigourney-weaver-130.jpg
196KB, 800x1213px
>>82698904
Fuck Ridley and his brain soup for thinking Shaw, Daniels, and whoever he throws out for the next films can be sufficient Ripley replacements.

And fuck Sigourney for agreeing to Avatar sequels through the 2020s- so if an Alien sequel or re:boot ever does happen, she'll be in her 80s and about as frail as Carrie Fisher in VII (who literally stood still the entire film, and even that did enough of a toll to kill her a year later.)
>>
>>82701165
I bet you laughed at the fingering line
>>
This franchise is poop
>>
File: 1449911111459.jpg (53KB, 476x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449911111459.jpg
53KB, 476x360px
>disappointed that hack ridley scott is again aggressively exposing himself as an embarrassment
>>
File: 1474465218112.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1474465218112.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>82701214
no but im laughing at all you nerd faggots freaking out about m-m-muh lore. keep on raging anon
>>
>>82698904
>This however is a sequel to Prometheus when Prometheus was asking questions as where we come from and Shaw and David planned to travel to the Engineers home world to get answers to everything so you would expect this being a sequel would answer some questions and yet NOTHING is answered.
This is what pissed me off the most.
I wanted to see Paradise throught Gigers eyes, I wanted to see Shaw's adventure and David.

But instead they decided to make David go bonkers and fuck his "human safety protocols" and kill the engineers for no reason.

Also the legendary race of the space jokeys turned out to be a fucking bronze age city. Who also happened to look NOTHING AT ALL like the engineers from the previous movie.

DISSAPOINTING Garbage!
At least prometheus gave eye candy, this crap gave nothing.
>>
>>82699981
I like to think that one of the engineers took her with him to the "real paradise" and left david there. Who just stumbled into one of their colony caste city worlds and well... fucked them over.

Riddley has gone senile.
>>
>>82699893
>She could have been a second Ripley for a new generation but Ridley had to fuck her character up and kill her off.
This pissed me off to super degrees.
I wanted a Dr Shad & David going throught space adventures. Not another generic fucking B-movie slasher film.

Also the shower scene... I literally cringed at this part like. What is this friday the 13th?
>>
File: 2cool.jpg (10KB, 185x172px) Image search: [Google]
2cool.jpg
10KB, 185x172px
>Prometheus was bad because it explored lore
>Covenant is bad because it didn't explore the lore
>>
>>82699696
Blue? Are you color blind?
>>
>Alien
>fossilized Pilot in a very ancient spaceship that probably crashed on that planet millions of years ago
>Prometheus and Covenant
>lol, jk, a modern robot made aliens n shit
So Ridley retroactively made Alien worse?
>>
>>82699893
yeah...no
>>
>>82701803
>I wanted a Dr Shad & David going throught space adventures.
HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING
>>
File: 12521652376.png (1MB, 1058x1313px) Image search: [Google]
12521652376.png
1MB, 1058x1313px
>>82701803
>Also the shower scene
Is this a deleted scene from Jaxon X?
>>
>>82702171
(you)
ass hat.
>>
File: self-lovin.jpg (75KB, 499x523px) Image search: [Google]
self-lovin.jpg
75KB, 499x523px
>>82698904
>>
>>82700013
You know they will never explain that shit.
That is the only thing going for them, some convoluted halfass semi-explanation about how/why life/intelligence
exists/meaning of/source of.
That's the hook, they know you WILL come in 5 years to watch Prometheus 3/Alien 6(or 7, if you accept that as an sequel) because you want to know more about engeners, but, there is no good answer, no writer alive can make satisfying answer.
My opinion is that Scott fucked up by involving Alien™ in Prometheus, that whole concept is strong enough(maybe even stronger than Alien) on its own, he literally could make hard sf with meaning of life/universe lore and Alien on its own with its familiar tropes.
>>
>>82702311
KEK
>>
>>82699893
When they got stranded on the planet I thought David had lied about Shaw, proceeded to btfo the colonists, and in the end when there would only be 2 colonists left Shaw would come save them looking like a new Ripley. When they showed her corpse like a fucking taxidermy I was stunned they would just erase all of Prometheus for no reason.

I guess they really didn't learn from Alien 3
>>
I thought Fassbender got killed in the precedent movie...
>>
>>82703397

He got better.
>>
File: 1467499442469.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1467499442469.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>82702260
>mfw Alien is a anti-blacked guy
>>
Why do all the franchises I find interesting and cool end up getting raped?

Why is he doing this?
>>
>>82702102
They clearly have a blue tinge
>>
>>82703470
I need an image of Fassbender saying "It looks fine" when he rips the bandaid thing off the guy's damaged face
>>
>>82702311
How else do you play a wind instrument?
How do people find this humorous?
>>
>>82698904
Only a retard would need any more of the story blatantly spelled out for them. If you engage your brain for one fucking second you can answer all these questions on your own.
>>
>>82701089
wew lad
fuck off
>>
>>82699716
>decides to be retarded on /tv/ because attention span is no better than a normie
>>
>>82700038
how dense can you get?
>>
>>82703843

Movies and television is low art. Get some fucking standards.
>>
>>82704062
why dont you lick my nuts you pretentious bitch
>>
>>82702004
No you fool, Prometheus sucked because it was poorly done. NO one wanted Alien TWO, The Electric Boogaloo.

Prometheus was just horribly done. We want Engineers, not another serving of Xeno hiding and chasing and people getting jobbed by said Xeno hiding and scaring.
>>
File: tipsfedora.jpg (42KB, 648x348px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedora.jpg
42KB, 648x348px
>>82704062
>>
File: 1455528889124.jpg (37KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455528889124.jpg
37KB, 800x600px
>>82702156
>>
File: hole_large.jpg (175KB, 291x432px) Image search: [Google]
hole_large.jpg
175KB, 291x432px
>>82704062
>Movies and television is low art.
You take that back

If you want actual film art then watch European films
>>
>>82704029
>saying how pissed I am that Ridley killed off the backstory that Prometheus promised to answer in its sequel is being retarded
>>
>>82704120
>NO one wanted Alien TWO
>We want
Nice projecting.
>>
Will Ridley Scott make a prequel like Gibson's Apocalypto with the Engineers being main characters set before the events of David coming to their planet?

Would it be a masterpiece?
>>
File: v2j1GEk.jpg (275KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
v2j1GEk.jpg
275KB, 2000x1333px
>>82704120
>Alien TWO, The Electric Boogaloo.
On my knees starts playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUFOVu1CurM
>>
>>82698904
That's a shit poster.
Fuck me i could make something like that, and i fucking suck.
>>
Just saw this yesterday.
I'm actually fucking mad.
It was garbage.
>>
File: 1252363467.png (1MB, 1739x666px) Image search: [Google]
1252363467.png
1MB, 1739x666px
>>82704274
>>
File: 26042017_0x.jpg (161KB, 680x300px) Image search: [Google]
26042017_0x.jpg
161KB, 680x300px
HOL UP

So it looks like the Engineers knew David was coming cos they had a landing dock for his ship
>>
>>82703981
Why engineers wanted to destroy humans? Why were they worshipping xensos? Why they left us clues on how to find one of their facilites, not even home world, if they wanted to destroy us?
>>
>>82704469
This was like one of the only good scenes from the movie and it lasted less than a minute
>>
>>82704274
Well that's a first. It kinda Taste like a cheerier form of Owner of a Lonely Heart with an overbite of St Elmos fire, but I can't be sure.

So that's Walter trying to figure out what we already knew from the get go, that David's an unrepentant cock sucker.
>>
>>82704120
>We want Engineers
>We want
>We
Fuck off you arrogant cuck
>>
>>82704215
No one wanted that shit yo, nobody. We wanted Engineers. Ridley sucks at alien character studies, is all. Those Xeno morphs are not at all scary. Engineers presented so many delicious goodies.
>>
>>82704646
>We wanted Engineers.
Yes I do want that. I also do like Aliens but ONLY Aliens like from 1979 that are slow and have a human like body. More scarier than Cameron's bug aliens
>>
>>82704609
Are you one of those investigated who demanded more Alien Xenos? Ridley and co said "People" wanted classic Alien, are you one of these "People" who asked for that been there done that shit? Are you so bereft of wonder that you like an annoying child quickly ran to the safety of your mom's legs and hid behind her skirt because you were a scary bitch who couldn't into an undiscovered alternative to the run of the mill, horror genre?
>>
>>82704502
Eh, I liked the DOOT between David and Walter even though it felt like blatent fujoshit pandering. Solid performance at least.

Really hate how these movies seem dependant on everyone who isn't a robot (and maybe not-Ripley in Covenant) being an incompetant fuckwit. I was rooting for the neomorph or whatever against that stupid bitch who locked her own colleague in with it.
>>
>>82704469
I DO NOT BELIVE THESE were engineers, i belive these were a succesful race that had been started by the engineers and thus had set up there city to accomadate the engineers return due to having frequent contact with them
>>
>>82699716
>those bombs dropping - too fuckin fractal.
>>
>>82705079
>>82699716
You know what I'm wondering-the entire planet is quiet, which is supposed to imply the neos overran everything, right? But the landing crew only found spores until nightfall. Is the implication supposed to be that the things naturally go into hibernation or limit their numbers once they finish killing all other organic life?
>>
>>82698904
> Shaw and David planned to travel to the Engineers home world to get answers to everything
Shaw wanted answers, David wanted to bomb them.
>>
>>82700360
Will you make a coherent argument instead of raging like an autistic faggot over tirival things?This is why i hate /tv/ so much.This place is full of niggers who think they know what they are talking about but in reality they are illiterate retarded faggots that have an attention span of a 10 years old downie.
>>
>>82700643

Most grounded review I've read here so far.
>>
>>82701089
I agree.
>>
>>82705144
The two movies might as well be renamed

>Alien: Shaw Is A Goddamn Idiot

Has anyone edited the meme pic with the dog saying "this is fine" while sitting in a burning office to have Shaw instead?

>>82705171
Accurate, too. The crew's stupidity and incompetence just make me root for David. He may have the cliched serial killer goal of "become God symbolically by killing a bunch of people", but at least unlike everyone else he seems like an actual character.
>>
>>82700461
Try "Prometheus' isn't canon.
>>
>>82704428
whoa whoa Electric Blue is in this.fucking LOL. Scott man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUFOVu1CurM
>>
>>82698904
I'd be fine with a lot of the crap in the movie if it weren't for the sheer nihilism and pointlessness of it all. I mean, the way that Ridley freely killed of characters like Shaw and Daniels- not to mention the rest of the colonists- it just left a bad taste in my mouth. The ending was nothing but a sick joke; as if Scott was saying "haha, damn you for liking these characters, David's playing with their corpses."

Apparently, in one of the first film's earlier drafts, the Alien actually killed Ripley, and mimicked her voice to send a reassuring message home. I suppose Alien Covenant is Scott's 38 year old revenge that he wasn't allowed to put everybody off.
>>
>>82700643
>The characters don't feel real. Their decisions don't make sense.

So this is Friday the 13th with Xenos substituting Jason?
>>
>>82704694

All that wasted potential. It's all dead now, if we get another movie it'll be more of the same, more running from tall black dudes, more hiding, more snotting and sweating and crying to show how afraid you are, more bullshit.

No ancient Civilization that has long ago fractured. I guess not everyone is as creative as I am.
>>
>He literally trusts him and goes right up to look in the egg
Was honestly the biggest stretch of logic for me in the entire film
>>
>>82703538
>Alien is itself, black
?
>>
>>82706024
>trusting a guy who killed an innocent woman: Shaw and murdered an entire civilization
This is like a British soldier stumbling across the gas chambers and Hitler is in the doorway saying "Go in I assure you it is safe in there"
>>
File: 53454t3.jpg (16KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
53454t3.jpg
16KB, 325x325px
>>82706024
I almost burst out laughing at that part.
>He suspects David is upto something
>David walks him through his little workshop of horrors with all the little dissected aliens
>Tells him that the eggs are 'waiting'
>Despite all this evidence that evidence that something bad will probably happen, Oram still just fucking waltzes up and just stares at one of the eggs.
>>
>>82706147
Jesus Christ himself could be in David's place beckoning you and the smart thing would STILL have been 'No thanks, I can see plenty right here'
>>
Should I watch it? I don't want to pay 7 bucks for being furious

What happens at the end? Is it another blue ball inducing ending? Is it enjoyable?
>>
>>82704502

>He didnt like the backbuster and xeno riding on the cargo ship scenes
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 181x278px
Cameron > Scott

Fucker needs to regain his senses and come back to real movies beforehe turns into blue Smurf himself.
>>
>>82706298
It's not much of an action film, and it sure isn't a horror film.
Ending is a pretty predictable twist thanks to an earlier cinematic cliché.
Unless you're keen to join in discussing how disappointed you were, save the cash.
>>
>>82706298

If you like Sci-fi and didn't hate Prometheus then you will probably enjoy it.
Its basically an equal blend of Prometheus, Alien and Aliens

If you are an alien lore fag who holds the original on a pedestal then avoid it
>>
>>82706298
It all boils down to question:

Did you like Prometheus?

If yes, go.
If no, avoid at all cost.
>>
>>82706330
>Scott making a dozen more Aliens
>Cameron making a dozen more Avatars

Worst timeline
>>
>>82706360
But this movie shits on prometheus, it basically retconned it
>>
File: 1456891346477.jpg (13KB, 344x226px) Image search: [Google]
1456891346477.jpg
13KB, 344x226px
>revealed that David created the xenomorphs in this movie
>they clearly already existed from being on the sculptures in Prometheus
>>
>>82706375
There's like some sort of unwritten rule that when you hit a certain age as a director that you start churning out shitty versions of your legacy. People rag on Lucas, but at least he dipped out after 3.
>>
>>82706449
Yes but visually and pacing wise it is the same shit ober again.
>>
I really liked explanation in books.

Aliens were just bio-weapon used to eradicate planet's lifeform before Engineers nuked it from orbit and colonize it.
>>
>>82706504
Can you post it? Prometheus was really forgettable
>>
>>82706656
Why do you need the bioweapons if you're planning on nuking anyway
>>
File: 1407667070953.jpg (69KB, 502x561px) Image search: [Google]
1407667070953.jpg
69KB, 502x561px
>>82706656
I'm wondering why someone would use a bio-weapon before launching a nuke
>>
>>82706685
The "nuke" was basically a pulsar that was designed to kill Aliens only, since it was designed as bio-weapon.

It did not affect anything else.
>>
>Should I watch it?
Wait and read the novelization.

>mfw novels are better than most movies nowadays
The Suicide Squad and Kong: Skull Island novelizations are WAY BETTER than what Hollywood tried to do with them on screen
>>
>>82706656
Why can't it just be some fucking space parasite that space jockey from alien caught? Why Americans always overthink shit like that?
>>
File: 1491246202306.png (384KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1491246202306.png
384KB, 526x526px
>>82706763
>reading novelisations of big budget action movies
>>
>People saying David invented the modern Xenomorph
No he didn't, he just figured out how the Engineers did it.
>>
File: 4._Flight-eisenstein[1].jpg (103KB, 371x599px) Image search: [Google]
4._Flight-eisenstein[1].jpg
103KB, 371x599px
>>82706719
This series had the crazy idea of planet-killing by using a bioweapon that voraciously rotted ALL organic life into methane, before igniting it with bombs to scour the surface utterly
>>
>>82706656
Can an Engineer go 1v1 with a xenomorph?
>>
>>82706834
But why would you want to destroy perfectly good planet and make it unihabitable rock?
>>
>>82706685
>>82706719
Engineers were interested in Fauna but gave zero fucks about Flora.

Send eggs to multiple planets.
Aliens kill bigger lifeforms.
Once done send a bomb that is designed to destroy Alien DNA.
Explore planet.
>>
>>82706834
we /exterminatus/ now. thats a 1 to 1 of a virus bomb in 40k
>>
>>82706879
Its a setting with planets to spare
>>
>>82706879
Exterminatus is the Emperor's wrath manifest you heretic.
>>
>>82706083
And is itself the product of a mixed race relationship

hmmm
>>
>>82698904

I got fidgety in the cinema because I was restraining myself from making snide comments about the stupid characters.

>None of this makes any sense

I almost lost it at this line
>>
>>82706879
They can terraform with ease. They have literally millions of planets under their control.
>>
>>82706947
Is it ever explained why there are so many habitable planets in warhammer? Because shits ridiculous, it seems like every day some planet gets tyranid'd, demon'd or exterminatus'd
>>
>>82699893

She's fucking awful and represents everything wrong with trying to typecast a strong female lead.

Ripley was the only one who pulled off the strong female lead, if you paid attention it was the motherly instinct. ie. caring fro the little girl, her crew, her species.

Noomi's character is a sad reflection of the nu-female, trying to be independant but failing and realizing that she might have been more happy as a mother. The joke is it's too late and she's fruitless, giving birth to an abomination.

>MY SEX JUNK OU OH OH
>ALIEN ABORTION BABY LOL
>>
>>82706249
David outright says they need a host. It's almost as retarded as the scene with Palpatine and Anakin from Revenge of the Sith
>>
>>82706147
>This is like a British soldier stumbling across the gas chambers and Hitler is in the doorway saying "Go in I assure you it is safe in there"

kek
>>
>>82707028
Its a big galaxy

The 'million worlds' is a plot device: There's enough room for dozens of writers to carve out vast regions, to have big baddies who've scorched a hundred worlds each, all without coming close to interfering with any one else's territory.
>>
it's better than prometheus
>>
>Prometheus references Prometheus Unbound
>Covenant references Ozymandias
>Awakening will reference The Necessity of Atheism

We did it reddit
>>
I can't wait for this movie to leak. The WEBMs and resulting uproar on this site will make the price of admission worth it
>>
>>82707083
>Its a big galaxy
for the Emperor
>>
>*picks up the wheat*
>This is corn...
How did this slip through?
>>
I find it hard to believe that the entirety of a space-faring civilization would be living on the very same city.

Also

>develop an incredibly dangerous and fast acting mutagen and use it for various purposes (including as a waepon)
>but not develop ways to protect yourself from it

Engies confirmed for being the most retarded alien civilization ever.
>>
their seems to be a real backlash among hardcore fans who want the zenos to be from another planet.

but the prequel trilogy isn't inconsistent with that.
clearly human and xeno embryos are taken to a new colony and then generations later become full fledged civilisations out in a different part of space .
>>
>>82707283
We don't know if that WAS the entirety of their civilization, and plenty of us are doubting those WERE the real engineers at all
>>
I fucking enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy 2 more than an Aliens movie by Scott.

I want to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>82707276
all cereals are corn
>>
>>82700658
I could of sworn that Shaw and David flew off at the end of Prometheus with the intent of dumping some bioshit on the engineers. And that scene made sense to me as the payout for that.

Am I wrong? Did I misremeber or misconstrue the end of Prometheus? Or is everyone else just forgetting it?
>>
>>82706810
You haven't watched the movie have you? The Xenomorphs are David's own creation I am sure... but then correct me if I am wrong but isn't there an Alien painting on the wall in the ship in Prometheus?

Maybe you are right... fuck this is so confusing

HOL UP... so you saying the Engineers created the Xenomorphs many years ago but then they died out (the Xenomorphs) and now it is David who re-created them again?

If this is true, Covenant has a major plot hole with David literally saying that he is God and he likes to create life and he even states how the Xenomorphs are his own creation.

So either way Ridley has created a plot hole (not that this is the only plot hole in the movie)
>>
>>82707349
You are wrong. Shaw and David literally left to find the Engineers and learn more about them. Not kill them
>>
>The music from 1979 Alien plays during the wheat scene
fucking hell whoever was editing this movie annoyed me with his use of too much music from the original Alien
>>
>>82707317

It was either 1 of 2 things:

1. They were space niggers on an outlying colony waiting for a supply drop so they went into the open field to cheer for rations and contact with the outside world

2. They were the last vestiges of a dying race, isolated and alone and went out to cheer for the arrival of outsiders, believing there to be other survivors with a craft that could get them out of there
>>
>>82707371

Don't forget the alien craft in Alien had been there for ages and was full of eggs.
>>
>>82707349
>Did I misremeber or misconstrue the end of Prometheus?

Absolutely. Shaw wants to find answers from the Engineers, she doesn't mention anything about retaliating. And from the Covenant synopses, it's clear that David acts entirely on his own.
>>
>>82698904
Watched the film with my gf. It's a solid 7/10

Pros:
>Fassbender
>A E S T H E T I C S
>Disturbingly intriguing scenes (e.g. Shaw's whereabouts)
>Allusions to Romanticism
>Xenomorph at its finest
>David attempting to domesticate the neomorph
>David it ain't me'ing Eden
>The crew is not retarded
>The feeling of danger

Cons:
>The crew is meh
>Nothing said about Eden
>The beginning is a little draggy

Overall, Scott did his homework, took most things Prometheus did wrong and rectified them
>>
>>82707317
>enginers give humans coordinates to find them, even though they want to destroy them
>they actually lead to some buttfuck nowhere planet with one military base
>in their own ship they have a map with coordinates to their homeworld
>those coordinates actually dont lead to their homeworld, in fact the planet is not even inhabited by them
Were engineers the biggest pranksters in the universe?
>>
>>82707400
Shaw wanted to do that. David probably planned rolling thunder on the Engineers from the start.
>>
File: Paradise Lost.png (303KB, 680x299px) Image search: [Google]
Paradise Lost.png
303KB, 680x299px
>>82704469
The only thing that will make this prequel series actually be good is if Ridley releases his original idea of the Prometheus sequel that he originally intended to make before this Alien: Covenant trash took over
>>
>>82707566
I can agree with this, also would add in the shower scene to the cons. It felt like I was watching a 90's slasher movie.
>>
>>82707588
>Shaw wanted to do that. David probably planned rolling thunder on the Engineers from the start.
If only we actually got some flashbacks to Shaw alive. FUCKING HELL RIDLEY YOU REALLY PISSED ME OFF WITH THIS MOVIE
>>
File: girls-jason.jpg (32KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
girls-jason.jpg
32KB, 600x330px
>>82707620
The shower scene was straight out of something like Jason X
>>
>all these people suddenly pretending they care about Shaw
You're fooling no one.
>>
>>82707497
>Don't forget the alien craft in Alien had been there for ages and was full of eggs.

To be fair, they "think" it's been there for ages, the claim is based entirely on the Space Jockey appearing fossilized.
>>
>>82707652
It was awful, especially when you consider that these guys have just lost about 5 of their closest friends and were unable to help while being made to listen to them screaming over the radio. But for some reason this gets both of them really in the mood for some shower sex.
>>
>>82707682
>>82707497
Nobody knows about the climate on the planet. Perhaps the process of fossilization happened faster than on earth?
>>
>>82706858
We already saw in Prometheus that Xeno would win in this fight
>>
>>82707701
>>82707652
>>82707620
I agree with you guys, but it was a fine way for Xeno to KO two crewmembers at one time
>>
>>82707701
oh yeah and that pop song being played so loud. Pretty savage when a lot lost their loved ones
>>
>fassbender was the best part

And thats why youre cancer. Thats the thinking that killed this saga, if ppl didnt give a fuck for david then the story might have took a more interesting route but it sounds like they said hmmm how can we make this story about everybodies favorite character hence the terrible plot. They know you love fassbender so much that they put him in the movie twice and made the whole alien saga about him. Truly fassbender fans are cancer
>>
>>82707034
What the fuck are you babbling about?

She didn't suddenly go swinging from the bottom of a flying platform to shoot an alien with a space gun like this new bitch did.

Shaw spends most of Prometheus out of her element and completely fucked emotionally thinking everything that happened was her fault.

She was a female lead like Ripley in Alien rather than them trying to force the Ripley from Aliens that they always do otherwise
>>
>>82707701
>It was awful, especially when you consider that these guys have just lost about 5 of their closest friends and were unable to help while being made to listen to them screaming over the radio.

How about when she's baking a cake?
>>
>>82707747
Fuck you, David is amazing and I am glad he won in the end and that whole crew got fucked up.
>>
>>82703381
I would've been happy with Shaw being in crypsleep the whole fucking movie instead of her dying but like I said before this movie was all about retconning Prometheus and they had to get rid of her or else they'd actually need to try to think of some answers to the questions that film raised
>>
>>82707747
>They know you love fassbender so much that they put him in the movie twice and made the whole alien saga about him
anon, there is a reason Covenant is called a sequel
>>
File: 1251265125.png (664KB, 1061x442px) Image search: [Google]
1251265125.png
664KB, 1061x442px
>>82707735
I can't wait for a camrip to come out. The way the chick looks down for a brief second as if she thinks that is the guy's BBC touching her and then she realizes its the Aliens tail.

HAHAHAHA I wanted to laugh out loud during that scene cos her reaction is what made me think this way

And was it really appropriate to show her fully nude? This scene just felt too much like it was directed by some mid 20's young horror director.

Also holy fuck was the 3rd act so predictable
>they kill an alien
>celebrate
>an alien is on board
yeah... how many times have horror movies had a kind of happy ending and then it turns out the villain isnt dead.

So many James Bond movies go through this same beat point
>>
>>82707707
this kind of optimism makes more movie entries. :)
>>
>>82706147
Fucking well put anon
>>
>>82707866
>Nudity
Well, I guess Scott could make a shot from a different angle. Hell, when you mention this now, I can see it as a long shot.

>>82707876
One may wonder. It's Scott who's fucking with the timeline
>>
>>82705796
As others have said there's that fucking shower scene at the end which feels like it's from a shit slasher movie
>>
>>82707834
>>82707838
Fassbender cucks enjoy having a potentially interesting story ruined because OMGSORANDUM EVIL ANDROID. Only faggots and female think like this
>>
>>82707975
And what is the potentially interesting story ruined?
>>
File: RidleyDoneFuckedUp.png (1MB, 1468x2048px) Image search: [Google]
RidleyDoneFuckedUp.png
1MB, 1468x2048px
>>82707747
Literally everyone who saw Prometheus thinks Shaw was one of the best characters.

Just scroll down on the youtube comments about Shaw and see how many wanted her to be in Covenant.
>>
>>82699943
>probably went senile a while ago.
>probably
>>
>>82706298
I thought it was shit, but I enjoyed it. It's a good B-movie, even if it's not intentional.
>>
Oh, faggots over here don't like it. Good. Means it's worth a watch since you cocksuckers worship shit like GotG 2.
>>
>>82706656
Besides the nuking that's what I always figured they were and what Prometheus should've fucking explained before moving into its own series of sequels and storylines.

I mean think about it. They keep talking about how it's a perfect organism but all it is is a parasite which either kills or infects everything on a planet. They can't think, they can't procreate, once everything is dead there's no food left so it would just die out.

I figured the Engineers hated humans because they were a life form which was never supposed to survive long enough to reach space travel but something happened and that's what Prometheus 2 would've been about
>>
>>82706375
Ready for Alien vs. Avatar: Blade Terminator 2049?
>>
>>82699850
>There was a gay couple?
I wonder if they decided to remove some scenes with them because they were afraid it would hurt their ticket sales in China and other countries that hate fags.
>>
File: DUDE ALIEN 3.png (679KB, 980x786px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE ALIEN 3.png
679KB, 980x786px
WHAT THE FUCK WAS HIS PROBLEM?
>>
>>82708151
Whatever happened to Shaw is haunting. I really hope she at least died in her sleep before Dave approached her.
>>
>>82706658
there is an alien depicted in a mural in the bio-weapon store
>>
File: BladeRunner2.jpg (64KB, 1054x635px) Image search: [Google]
BladeRunner2.jpg
64KB, 1054x635px
>>82708111
>Ready for Alien vs. Avatar: Blade Terminator 2049?
Please do NOT pose this. Ridley is known for spreading shit like DECKARD WAS A REPLICANT.

Next thing he is gonna say that those statues in Blade Runner are the Engineers from Prometheus and that they follow the same timeline and then a director in 10 years time makes a cinematic universe out of these movies.

>David helped create the Avatar race
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
>>
>>82708182
Probably not though
>>
>>82700071
>This movie actually made me appreciate Prometheus more for its uniqueness that didn't try to copy Alien
So Prometheus is the SW prequels and Covenant is TFA?
>>
>david carpet bombs a single engineer city
>david then pilots his spacecraft to the nearby forrest and crash lands
>david makes facehugger eggs after 10 years of research
>david boards the covenant with facehugger embryos
>covenant flies to origae-6, a habitable planet
>20 years later nostromo lands on lv-426, an uninhabitable planet that is later terraformed
>the crew finds an engineer spacecraft with a fossilized creature and facehugger eggs

?
>>
>>82708182
>Whatever happened to Shaw is haunting.
What makes it even more haunting is that David says he really cared for Shaw and he visits her grave site that he made for her with flowers in the movie.

I am still pissed off that such a beautiful and great character like Shaw got murdered
>>
>>82706147
lel
>>
>>82708216
>So Prometheus is the SW prequels and Covenant is TFA?
Basically this.

Covenant like TFA has some good scenes but the editing and pace of the movie ruins it. Like TFA, Covenant has a lot of deleted scenes that would have made the movie slightly better and like the SW Prequels, Prometheus does its own thing without ever copying the original altho the Prequels have badly aged CGI altho Phantom Menace's practicals make that the best Prequel oh and yeah the overuse of CGI ruins Covenant's Aliens from actually being scary or haunting
>>
>boring pre-title scene that has no impact on the film
Stop this
>stasis life-support pod bursts into flame for no reason
What the fuck?
>Two characters slip on the same puddle of blood within seconds of each other
Couldn't contain my laughter
>Dumbass fires willy nilly at the ship exploding it instead of running outside for better vision
Jesus fucking christ
>Aliens are fully grown in a matter of minutes
?????
>David turns bad and exterminates Engineers for extremely vague to no reason
wat
>a lot of the film is David acting like a pretentious fedora about gods and classical music/mythology
Nobody asked for this
>David is also a to-be rapist and kisses (and wants to finger) himself and the main chick
Why exactly?
>Aliens skip chestburster phase now for no reason
>Plot twist: David won the fight
Yeah, it wasn't obvious at all was it
>Also, the Covenant only has a single orbit-to-land craft despite carrying a crew of 2000
Fucking really? I love how Tennessee flies down on his own as well with no back-up.

Just utter trash.
>>
>>82706147
>tfw David asks Mother to play one of Hitler's favorite song pieces at the end of the movie and he does a Hitler like walk down an aisle
What did Ridley mean by this
>>
>>82708319
>boring pre-title scene that has no impact on the film
When someone does a fanedit, include the opening scene with David and Wayland at the beginning of Prometheus.

Would it be possible to perhaps edit Prometheus and Covenent into 1 movie and make it say 4 and a half hours?

I actually would watch that if they edited all the prologue scenes from Covenant as well as the deleted scenes from Prometheus and cut out various stuff
>>
>>82699916
>not actually doing an extremely cliched and trite "last supper" shot
Hey, maybe this film isn't so bad.
>>
>>82708319
>>David is also a to-be rapist and kisses (and wants to finger) himself and the main chick
MEMBER THAT SCENE WHEN ASH TRIES TO RAPE SIGOURNEY?

That scene was literally reminiscent of that when David throws the main girl on the wall and then gets on top of her

>"Is this how its done?"
This movie had some weird quips
>>
>>82707992
Oh look a retard that believes in "the best of all possible worlds" theory. What interesting story could have been told? Shaw meeting the Engineers, Shaw answering questions from prometheus, An explanation to the cult like art of the alien looking creature in the ship etc. But no we get a movie for homosexuals that want to see David be a strong independent Homo who dont need to no Shaw
>>
File: alien.jpg (36KB, 780x382px) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
36KB, 780x382px
>>82708319
>It's a David stumbles across rape porn that one of the crew members has in his room and believes this is how a male mates with a female episode
>>
>>82708182
I would guess that she tried to escape from David and crashed the ship
>>
>>82708435
>It's a David starts admiring Hitler and keeps listening to Wagner who was Hitler's favorite composer episode
>>
>>82708426
That's literally every complaint that appears in this thread, minus David.
>>
>>82708489
Have you seen the movie? David kills her and then lands the ship in some docking bay on the Engineers' homeworld
>>
the characters in covenant also make less sense than even the idiotic ones in prometheus
at least in prometheus the characters act with a sense of wonder at the confirmation of an alien race
the people in covenant seem to know all the rules
they walk through a plaza full of calcified aliens
they are staring proof of an alien race in the face and NO ONE asks david about it

no one even bats an eyelid when some alien lifeform is regurgitated out of their friend
oh, that shit happens every day
the only person that freaks out about what is going on is the chick during the back burster scene
>>
>>82708491
>tfw you will never sexually experiment with Fassbender
>>
>>82708319
The stasis burning part was for the OMG SO REALISTIC HANDSOME GUY RANDOMLY DIES IN A ACCIDENT THIS MOVIE IS SO REALISTIC RIP PAUL WALKER effect
>>
>>82704469
They were expecting the engineers from the LV-223 (Prometheus) to return.

I don't think they wanted to destroy humanity, i think they wanted to transform them into monsters because that would lead to the creation of the aliens, since the alien is the "perfect organism" then the engineers would transfer their consciousness into these new perfect organisms and live forever as gigerian monsters.
>>
File: gammasquadprometheusdavid2.jpg (94KB, 650x381px) Image search: [Google]
gammasquadprometheusdavid2.jpg
94KB, 650x381px
>>82708548
How is he so handsome guys?
>>
>>82708210
>Ridley is known for spreading shit like DECKARD WAS A REPLICANT
is this bait? you are aware that's going to be the main plotline of 2049, right? ryan gosling is hunting him down
>>
>>82708519
That's not clear, actually.
>>
>>82708519
They find the ship crashed when they land
and the hologram shows Shaw flying it
>"something big clipped the trees"
>>
>>82708582
Replicants die after 7 years
>50 years later
>>
>>82708623
ohhhhhhhhhh wait wat

I am confused.. so when did David kill Shaw?
>>
>>82708729
Unspecified
>>
>>82708660
you're going to be very disappointed anon. he is going to turn out to be a nexus 7, engineered specifically for his job and without expiry. can pretty much guarantee it
>>
>>82708750
Go to bed David
>>
>>82708792
No, MOTHER
>>
>>82708764
I expect you are right senpai
>>
I hope Walter is still alive
he has had some upgrades
>>
File: hqdefault (8).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (8).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>Kills Shaw: one of the best things of Prometheus
>Cancels Blomkamp's Alien 5 (sequel to Aliens with Hicks and Newt still alive)
What next will he fuck up?
>>
>>82708915
I have a feeling that Dave swapped memories with him
>>
>>82699564
why the fuck is this ugly chick in everything fuck hollywood
>>
>>82708931
I'm not really getting this "Shaw is a good character" meme. I mean, I agree it was retarded to kill off your protagonist off screen, and it reeks of some kind of issue in production. But she was just one of many boring underdeveloped characters. The action scene with her operating on herself was intense and one of the best scenes of the prequels so far, but it doesn't make her character good.

Blomkamp's sequel could have been good, but I doubt it really "needs" to be an Alien movie, the same way Prometheus and Covenant don't need to be Alien movies. He has his own distinct aesthetic, and will continue to make his own sci-fi films.
>>
>>82698904
It also destroyed 30 years of Alien mythoology.

It made the film to close to home and everything connected. Shit like this makes me think Ridley actually found out about Flat Earth and putting clues in his film like this, rather space being expansive and far going it's all connected and very close and everything nightmarish that happens is because of us. It just ruins the whole alien idea though because it's suposed to be some nightmarish shit from the vastness of space, now it's just some flu shit made by some smug android because "muh Pinocchio"!
>>
>>82708582
Actually Dekard is the last human been. Everyone on the planet is now replicant
>>
>>82708931
>muh hix n noot
>>
>>82699716
>be pseudo-engineer
>see scary ship in distance
>all my bros are going towards it
>run off into the jungle as fast as possible
>don't stop hiking for a week

Surely one of them did this?
>>
>>82706147
I would trust him since the gas chambers never existed.
>>
>>82709277
MAD ENGINEER: FURY ROAD
>>
>>82709369
>CRAAAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>82709126
>Blomkamp's sequel could have been good

lolno

The guy is a hack
>>
>>82707034
>Ripley was the only one who pulled off the strong female lead, if you paid attention it was the motherly instinct. ie. caring fro the little girl, her crew, her species

What's so 'motherly instinct' about not letting an infected crew member out of quarantine as procedure states? That's just plan logic and following the rules. There was nothing motherly about Ripley in the first movie, she was just smart and a little tired.
>>
>>82709585
>she was just smart and a little tired.
Just like my mom!
>>
Ridley is a fucking hack
>>
>>82708319
Aliens have ALWAYS grown from worm to monster in the time of a ciggy break
Beats me how they'd pull all that bodymass out of nowhere
>>
>>82700461
Ridley knows shit.

He didn't write Alien and had nothing to do with the story, Shusset and O'Bannon are responsible for the story.
Scott simply tried forcibly push his flawed interpretation upon it., one ripe Von Danikken nonsense that he has such a hard on for.
>>
>>82699716
They killed his creator, his God. He takes that very seriously.
>>
Has this movie leaked online yet?
>>
>>82710456
no, he doesn't.
he even says in this very movie that weyland was not worthy of his creation
>>
>>82709126
her character was good because we see her bounce back from an incredible low and find her faith again.
>>
>>82709585
>she was just smart and a little tired.
yeah, thats just nice parents in general anon.
>>
>>82698904
Why even connect this with Prometheus if they're just going to nuke the engineers subplot? Just have this take place as a side-story during the Ripley era. Have a space station where a David stand-in is going off the rails and screwing with xenomorph DNA. Maybe he was part of a larger project that was getting shuttered and decided to force it onward.

At least it wouldn't fuck with the xenomorph origins.
>>
>>82710860
David is going somewhere with the ship.
>>
>>82709126
>>82710778
We saw Shaw fucking bounce back and redeem her self worth. Fuck Ridley!
>>
>>82704120
>We want Engineers,
We want SPACE JOCKEYS

But as long as we're stuck with the Engineers, we should at least have some sort of halfway-interesting, internally-consistent lore to go with them. It sounds like that's not what's happening.
>>
>>82710951
>>82710951
Why couldn't we do a half interesting take on the Space Jockey's or the others of their species, the Engineers. Fuck, why make them one in the same one would could have been modified slave classes, the elephant niggers, and the others, the lily white masters? They fucked this series up bad, didn't they?
>>
>>82709507
Unlike Ridley Scott, who is still a visionary.
s/
>>
>>82710851
Can't post goatse on a blue board buddy :^)
>>
>>82711018
hey he has great vision of his rectal tract.
>>
>>82710900
How is that at all relevant to what I said?
>>
>tfw Alien was great because of O'Bannon's script and Giger's design
>tfw Ridley is a hack
>>
>>82699766
david is best wesker.
>>
>>82711205
pretty much this. Fucking spaith's Alien Engineers script was much better than prometheus
>>
>>82707810
How about you just don't go out of your way to put your BLACKED fetish in a movie for fucking once?
>>
>>82699942
mr. lynch seems to have forgotten about his meditation, i like it.
>>
>main character realises it's actually David via talking about a log cabin
>not by seeing the hole left by the nail she stabbed into his chin
Fuck sake
>>
>>82707682
>fossil
Don't worry time travel will enter the plot so loose threads will tie up fine.
>>
>>82711482
ossification =/= fossilization.
>>
I have a question guys.
Looks to me that the dudes killed by David aren't real engineers but another race made by them, like the humans.
I mean, if not, it's stupid af.
>>
>>82711037
Its assburster, not goatse.
>>
File: Taxi_Driver_1_embed.jpg (151KB, 928x628px) Image search: [Google]
Taxi_Driver_1_embed.jpg
151KB, 928x628px
>>82698904
>plebs on /tv/ still critiquing movies based on PLOT
>>
How's this for some Ridley-tier plot guess-work....

The only Enigineers left now are the ones at the beginning of Prometheus' intro. We presumed this was early Earth, it wasn't. Since Dave goo's their site from orbit whilst they were in space, they now use panspermia to rebuild their society through advanced genetic tinkering (see Search for Spock for more details).

Covenant's prequel will unveil that rather than spores or goo being the building blocks of eggs/xenos, David was only successful when after 10 years he tinkered with Shaw's barren ovaries and her DNA meaning she goes on to be the mother of all these creatures. David gets back to YT, integrates with their systems (MUTH3R) and heads up Special Operations trying to get his creation back to it's homeworld.

The film series is Aliens. They're not, they're mutated Humans, created by a human creation who was created by an android life creator. Face huggers create human-based xenos, human xenos queens make human xeno eggs. No weaker genetic deviations.

Blompkamp/Ridley's new sequel to Aliens will be Ripley and Hicks taking on the vengeful Engineers. They'll use David's creation to do so.
>>
>>82711279
Spaith's original Treatment Reminded me of the Original Script written for Pandorum. They basically told the guy his script was shit and rewrote it and we got the shit fest that was Pandorum. The original script was leagues above the shit we got. Same thing with Prometheus.
>>
Is the girl in the picture bad pussy?
>>
>>82711962
you got a link for the pandorum one?
>dat prometheus rewrite with the fox writer's script.
>all those horny teenager tier descriptions of women
what a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>82706249
But he did say it was something to see!
>>
>>82706357
Bullshit
If you liked Dr Shaw and David in prometheus then you will be pissed with this one.
>>
>>82704502
>no biomechanical giger shit anywhere
>engies are literally wearing sack cloths
JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>82711962
Original prometheus script was shit desu anon.

Ppl hate prometheus cause it didnt know what it wanted to be and cause of retarded scientists.

This one however its just: luñz cgi xenos chasing humans again.
>>
>>82706147
I would trust him, because I'm not a kike niggerfaggot.
>>
>>82712196
original script didn't have a goatse sized plothole at the start.
>humans are native to earth but are manipulated genetically every millenium
>actual ayys in the movie
>engineer and david interact with each other.
>>
>>82712079
I'll go look for it. I found the link on /tv/ Haven't read it since.

>>82712196
I wanted Engineers. It had more about them. I could give a shit about the fucking human beans!
>>
>>82712079
I don't see the Pandorum script anywhere just some transcribe bullshit on script o rama. What gives though? The link to the script was posted here years ago, there's no listing of any pandorum script. What's going on?
>>
>>82707566
This is a shill post.
>>
>>82711515
Why do you think it's not the engineers?

>>82712523
Fight me, faggot
>>
>>82712818
Get a real job, you fat fuck.
>>
>>82712937
How is that related to my post? Learn to hold a proper conversation instead of shitposting.
>>
>>82712978
Oh, I see.
You're a moron, that's why you kiss ass for shekels.
>>
File: charlie kek.png (70KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
charlie kek.png
70KB, 225x225px
>>82704710
so much projecting
>>
>>82699716
He decided to murder the entire race because David is heavy into eugenics. That's all. He wants to create the ideal successor to his, humanity's, and the engineer's model.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.