[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien: Covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 20

File: alien cov.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alien cov.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
I literally can't wait to see this film. It looks fucking brutal, and the trailers look amazing.

Don't give me shit if you said it already because I loved Prometheus despite the flaws, especially the Gift Bearer version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
>>
Yeah I'm excited for it.

I liked Prometheus despite the fact that it killed the mystique of the first film. I remember being five or so watching the first one and seeing the alien in the throne/seat in the ancient ship and just bugging out.
>>
>>82695536

I feel like the Black Goo made the aliens far more hostile to the point of them being impossible to defeat unless you nuke the whole planet. They are litereally world-killers now. And the Engineers expand the depth...
>>
Spic here just watched it, ask me anything
>>
>>82695380
>I literally can't wait
yes you LITERALLY can, you retarded fat retarded americlap
>>
>>82695699
whole plot?
>>
>>82695699

Was it good compared to prometheus? No spoilers.
>>
>>82695721

You're a very angry person. You must be Muslim.
>>
>>82695699
Is it worth watching even if you do not particularly care for the alien cinematic universeā„¢?
>>
>>82695860
Compared to Prometheus is an improvement but has kind of the same shit that annoyed me
>>
>>82695885
I think it is a good theater experience but I wouldn't watch it home or again
>>
>>82695982

But are you an alien fan?
>>
>>82696076
No, my brother is and he thought it was just okay.
>>
>>82695944

I know what you mean, but the rest of the movie was so good that I didn't care. He fucked up by not including the extended scenes, that's why I like Gift Bearer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5j1Y8EGWnc
>>
>>82695380
Characters weren't likeable
>>
All the characters in the movie are fucking morons
>>
>>82696227

That's going to be tough. Looks like a split on the IMDB reviews. I like the characters from all the trailers I saw, so maybe we have another prometheus split.

Is it true that there is depth to the story though? They say it answers a lot of questions.
>>
W H E A T
>>
>>82696300

Why does Scott have to make them into space truckers? Just mix Europa Report + Alien and you have a classic.
>>
Do you guys think any hot 21 year old girls would like this film? (my sisters friends)
>>
>>82695802
Covenant's mission is to colonize a planet but an accident makes them wake up 7 years early and kills James Franco (thank god), they discover a new planet that has better conditions than the one they were supposed to go. They meet David after a bunch of aliens attacked them, he was a good friend until it's discovered he raised the aliens so he fights the other Fassbender but they don't show who won, they try to escape the planet but a few aliens get in the ship. Only the chick, a guy and a Fassy survived, before the girl activates the hibernation pod it's revealed that the Fassbender left is David and not Walter, David pukes alien eggs that he will harvest in the hibernated bodies of thousands. Add a few deaths and stupid decisions and that's it.
>>
>>82696300
they're not as dumb as the prometheus crew at least
but yeah, I don't know why nobody in either alien covenant or prometheus was worried about potential pathogens
>>
>>82696434
Yes
>>
>>82695380
If you loved Prometheus you'll enjoy this.
It has all the same stupid flaws but it really tidies up where Prometheus left off. Once again Fassbender is the only character worth a dam.
Enjoy
>>
>>82695380
quite frankly the trailers kind of bug me, they give too much away. they should have just had the crew talking with brief flashes to the destroyed ship, and shouldn't show the alien at all. It's already ruined the suspense of it for me.
>>
>>82696490

I'm more worried about Ridley Scott dying and the end of cinema, rather than plot holes. He's still producing deep movies.
>>
>>82695721
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/literally
it's over anon, they've won
>>
>>82695380
Spic here just saw it.

Fucking garbage!
Cherish the mystery that prometeus left, because its about to be squadhed by a B "in your face" slasher film.
>>
File: 18947478923432.png (82KB, 464x251px) Image search: [Google]
18947478923432.png
82KB, 464x251px
Why is there so much marketing for this? It's like they're afraid.
>>
>>82696775
Its as if riddley doesnt understand what made Alien 1 succesful.
This is Alien 3 all over again.

Fuck lindeloff was a hack but at least his trash was entertaining, tthis however its tedious has a shit ton of exposition. And has fucking giant plot holes concerning a certian character.

Prometheus its enjoyable in music, image, actors and art department but this shit had nothing except recycled garbage from the first Prometheus drafts.
>>
Prometheus fucking sucked.

Hopefully this is better.
>>
What made David such a misanthrope?
In Prometheus he was ambiguous towards humans, his only harmful action was contaminating that guy with the black goo, in Covenant he is actually malevolent.
>>
>>82696852
Prometheus sucked cause of retarded scientists.
Here yiu have that and more.
>>
>>82696329

In Prometheus when they took their space suit helmets off on the alien planet because "the readings were fine" I almost fucking lost it.

That and when they were trying to be all cutesy and touching the alien squid thing.
>>
Redpill me on the black goo

Is it just miracle growth for life forms?
>>
>>82696933
some sort of extreme mutagen
>>
>>82696905
Plot holes friend and different screenwritters. Its as if it didnt saw prometheus.

David was programmed to not harmed humans and was headless. But here its as if they just wanted to fuck everything of prometheus.

Also spce jokeys lore was ruined... I cant believe I am going to say this but the comic of the predator vs the prometheus was better than this garbage.
>>
>>82696931
Like I said retarded scientists. But here you have that and more.
Every death is predictable as fuck.
>>
File: 1468615590412.jpg (66KB, 575x523px) Image search: [Google]
1468615590412.jpg
66KB, 575x523px
>xenomorphs are just oversized bees
>>
HELP ME RIDLEY THE SCRIPT IS ATTACKING ME
>>
>>82696971

Which: Prometheus or Covenant ruined the SJ lore?
>>
>>82697062

That fight scene was still (almost) epic. I wanted the 'geer to win.
>>
>>82697094
Prometheus did the most damage, Covenant is just sealing the deal.

The black goo is fucking retarded and makes zero sense.
>>
>>82697062
I still don't see how it's supposed to look like a trilobite
>>
it's crap. all the "violence" is just lazy cgi. everything looks fake even the spaceship. The plot is stupid, literally nothing happens for most of the movie and when shit does happen it's so cliche and predictable. The final act is embarrassing, like watching a videogame cutscene. There are also no likeable human characters. Not one. Even Built Crudup is cringey in this. "I'm a man of faith so no one likes me". this is pretty much his dialogue in this. The movie is a solid 4/10
>>
>>82697149
>covenant dealing
Prometeus had interesting lore, just stupid characters.
Here they just try to do more of the same xenomorph trope. Nothing new at all.
>>
>>82697149
He blck goo was a mutagen t you dumbass, that was pretty clear in prometheus.
I guess if you watch evangelion you will think it is 2deep4u.
>>
>>82697149

I love the black goo man. For those who like the film, is it scary? I really want to experience a sense of hopelessness for the crew.
>>
>>82697221
Its predictable as fuck, gory edge in your face and typical B movie tropes.
>>
File: 1344637082378.jpg (173KB, 607x835px) Image search: [Google]
1344637082378.jpg
173KB, 607x835px
The fact that the Alien mythology wasn't already figured out and Prometheus being plagued by constant rewrites and scrapped concepts is proof that these people have no idea what they're doing. 30+ years to sit around on the idea and you never settled on anything concrete?

Sheer incompetence.
>>
>>82697221
>For those who like the film, is it scary?

no, unless you found AvP scary, in which case you're dumb
>>
File: images-262.jpg (16KB, 326x452px) Image search: [Google]
images-262.jpg
16KB, 326x452px
what the hell were they thinking when they cast her?
>>
>>82697259

That's a good point. But I feel like it has to do with bullshit leftist pressure such as dead-lines and ignoring strong writers. Or it could just be Ridley's fault.

But you know what happened to alien 3 right? Fox wouldn't let him and the writer make the film. They were like slaves.
>>
>>82696548
This is pretty accurate. I thought Prometheus was garbage and Covenant is only slightly better. It's really 'meh'. Fassbender is great, he gave a chilling performance
>>
>>82697094
What is SJ??
>>
>>82697349

She's really bad in it.

All of them are.
>>
>>82697221
Black goo is retarded. If you want to make a weapon to btfo lifeforms, what's wrong with chemical gases or viral bombs? Why go through all this effort of making hulk zombies and squid babies?

Very inefficient. Plus all the humans in Alien are retarded. They never wear environmental protection and take off their helmets to sniff mysterious and alien things, so they would easily go extinct by an engineered disease.
>>
>>82697361

The dialogue seems very strong for Fassbender judging by the trailers.
>>
>>82697361
Covenant slightly better? Are tou shitting me?

It killed the mystery of the space jokeys into the most insipid way.

Prometheus had everything, mystery, music, good actors, good lead, eveything but shitty scientists. Covenant didnt even have subtlety to begin with. It tries to deal with stuff from prometheus by sweeping it under the rugg but ends up creating plot holes instead.
>>
>>82697418

>finger my holes
>>
Anyone have the engineer scene?
>>
What about this movie looks brutal, op?
>>
What movies do i need to watch before going into this? Unfamiliar with Aliens series
>>
>>82697379
And who says it was a weapon you dumbass?
They where just experimenting with life and how to create different shapes of it. It was the rough stuff itself.

But all of you took the worth of some earthling that knows shit right? Pathetic

Prometheus was bad bur covenant its shit.
>>
>>82697379
>chemical gases or viral bombs?
both don't last very long
>Why go through all this effort of making hulk zombies and squid babies?
they can wipe off the dominant species of a planet without making it unviable
>>
>>82697379

But Ridley always likes to leave a lot as a mystery. Why did the Engineer attack the crew? Unknown psychology.

Why black goo? Because maybe they are a brutaly evil race to the point where it effects their own species. It's just left vague intentionally...
>>
>>82697475
Does not make sense from a weapon standpoint.
All I could get from this us that they where just researching shit with mutagens to create different kinds lf life.
>>
>>82697475
Creating a planet full of xenomorphs doesn't seem like a very good strategy
>>
>>82697450

watch alien then aliens. then watch nothing else
>>
>>82697450

See prometheus first, then Covenant. Then watch Alien, Aliens, and alien 3 since they take place after Covenent.
>>
>>82697473
Consensus says the black goo is a bio-weapon.
>>
>>82697495
Ridley doesnt understand what made Alien good and doesnt even erite his own screenplays.

I like the space jokeys but covenant ruined them completelt.
>>
>>82697530
they're supposed to die once they run out of hosts, or go dormant
>>
>>82697507

But we don't know the state of the Engineer race and their different worlds and aliances. Maybe they are in a "fall of Rome" situation, and one Engineer sect is creating black goo to wipe out another.

My point is that it could be complex why they made the black goo, and why they are a victim of it.
>>
>>82697568
Cause that is what a character guessed in the movie? Give me a break dumbass.

Besides in covenant they outright tell you that it is a super mutagen which was implied from the very prometheus movie.
>>
is this the Star Wars prequels of the Alien franchise?
>>
>>82697587

Did it really ruin them? Give me a hint but no spoiler.
>>
>>82697560
Fuck this guy, dont watch covenant. It is shit.

Just watch alien and aliens and end of story.
>>
>>82697658
yes, there is even a robot Jedi
>>
>>82696775
This. Covenant is hardly a sequel to Prometheus. It basically kills off all the interesting parts that Prometheus had.
>>
I'm kinda sad everyone here seems to be hating it. I really liked it and I think it's a step in the right direction.
Much better than Prometheus and Fassbender is amazing
>>
>>82697662
Remember the mysterious Giger culture that they had?
Remember how it felt super Alien?
Well, they are nothing but bronze age fools with no tech.

Oh and Dr shaw and david relationship was also ruined. This is basically alien 3 all over again.
>>
File: 142374482434.png (2MB, 1901x805px) Image search: [Google]
142374482434.png
2MB, 1901x805px
>>82697737
This. Why does an alien demi-god city look like Chicago?
>>
>>82697725
> you liking is the definitive of good direction

You just have pleb taste.
>>
>>82697737
>Well, they are nothing but bronze age fools with no tech
wat?
>>
Kinda sad when you realize that most of Alien franchise's artistic integrity came from Giger's weird ideas. Now with Ridley it's basically nothing but a B-slasher flick dressed in armchair philosophizing. The worst part is that the fucker starts asking these big questions in his movies that he doesn't even seem to know the answer to.
>>
>>82697594
Then how do you get rid of them?
See? Its stupid.

I used to think they where just an unfinished bi-product of an ongoing experiment.
>>
File: images-256.jpg (12KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images-256.jpg
12KB, 384x384px
>it's a director gets fat and old and makes a prequel trilogy to his beloved franchise, subsequently ruining it with shitty retcons and too much cgi episode
>>
So why doesn't David engineer a species that can actually form a stable society, especially since he's creating a lifeform seemingly from scratch using Engineer notes and the black goo mutagen.

Considering he's apparently so capable he can do anything then why not just make something more viable than a glorified pest that requires other lifeforms to propagate itself.

Essentially he dislikes engineers and humans for whatever reason so he's making huge cockroaches instead. Seems a bit stupid.
>>
>>82697823
Watch the movie.

I wanted to shaw to see Gigers version of paradise. Not fucking pompei.
>>
>>82697737

Prometheus impied that there were different sects. The engineer in the ship looked very hostile, but the engineer in the suicide scene at the beginning (extended version) looked like they were from the same "primitive" society that lives on the Covenant planet.

One is more spiritual, but the other is more tech-savy. Lots of theories...
>>
>>82697871

Lucas made the prequels offensively bad. Scott made this just kind of depressingly bad.

Covenant especially feels like a filler episode or a tv show rather than anything worthy of making into a feature-length movie.
>>
>>82697933
Is Prometheus the Dark Souls of Alien movies?
>>
>>82697933

The most viable explanation is that they have a caste system.

The engineer at the start of Prometheus that seeded life looked like he was doing some sort of ritual.
The engineers in the black goo base looked like a warrior caste.
The serfs that David nuked looked like some underclass.

Since the engineers do seem to "engineer" stuff it makes sense they engineered themselves into specialized roles.
>>
so why did the engineers create humans? and why did they want to kill them? the movie didn't even try to answer this.
>>
>>82697955
>Covenant especially feels like a filler episode
I think this sums up how I feel about it. It basically adds nothing of value to the franchise beyond simply being a modern Alien film.
>>
>>82695380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiDLqLxS9rQ
>>
>>82697955

You guys are shit-posters though. I loved 1-3, giving them an 8 each. What? The politics and story were good, and so many other things.
>>
>>82698027

That is a plausable theory. Better than mine.
>>
>>82698028

Like I said above the engineer that seeded life on Earth looked like he was going through some ritual.

That implies that seeding life has a holy purpose for them and not just a scientific experiment.

That means that humans, as a part of life they seeded, would possibly have to follow the protocols of such a ritual and possibly be thankful and obedient and so on .... maybe we didn't pan out the way they wanted or we somehow offended them so they decided to bionuke us.

The soldier engineer also got immediately aggravated when Weyland had David ask him for immortality so maybe attempting to expand beyond our designated scope is anathema to them and immediate grounds for exterminatus.
>>
File: C-71HZhXkAA-5Dw.jpg (55KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
C-71HZhXkAA-5Dw.jpg
55KB, 750x742px
>>82697350
>leftist pressure such as dead-lines and ignoring strong writers
>>
>>82698028

with the biblical undertones in Prometheus, it's implied they want to eradicate the human race after we crucified Jesus, who can be assumed to be an engineer in this universe.
>>
>>82698028
>so why did the engineers create humans?
intelligent species acting like god by seeding planets with life just to see the results, but then there was that retarded "humans and engineers have the same DNA" thing when the first scene of prometheus with the engineer sacrificing itself you could see its DNA breaking up
>and why did they want to kill them?
did something against their view of life I guess
>>
>>82698036

Feels to me like Scott is in love with the modern means of production/postproduction so he likes to design stuff and think of cool shots but the script is more than lacking.
>>
>>82698172
>jesus was a 9 foot tall hairless blue monster
>>
Saw it last night. Much like Prometheus it's a good movie with a few flaws. This time around it's:

A few terrible character decisions (once again)
Over-reliance on CGI
Not "scary" for a horror movie (based on a full theatre's reactions)
Quite predictable

Still a good movie.

1 > 2 > Prom = Cov >>> 3 >>>>> 4 >>>> AVP1/2
>>
>>82698198

It's something Scott stated to be true so idk what he's smoking.
>>
>>82698132

>maybe attempting to expand beyond our designated scope is anathema to them and immediate grounds for exterminatus.

This is not a valid theory for his aggression because he was in cryo-sleep for like 2000 years. (movie says so) Therefore he was not even curious how we evolved those 2000 years.

There was a very serious reason he didn't respect, and even hated, humans. Perhaps he looked at us like ants because we have smaller brains, so who cares about 2000 years if we are the same size?

Also, consider that they are molevolant. If you design black goo... you're not neutral or good.
>>
>>82698204
>covenant
>good

Spic get better taste plz
>>
File: 1.jpg (37KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37KB, 500x338px
>Older sister is a big Alien fan
>Never seen any of the original films in the cinema
>Is incredibly excited about this film because now it's her chance to see an Alien movie on the big screen
>She has no idea that it's a sequel to Prometheus
>She absolutely loathed Prometheus

I dunno if I should tell her about the Prometheus connection or let her find out for herself. Either way she'll likely be disappointed.
>>
>>82695380
why is he shoehorning in the ozymandias poem from watchmen, fucking hell if you're going to do ominous poetry quoting meme at least find something that hasn't been a dozen fucking times already
>>
>>82698231

Black goo seem to me to be an all-purpose mutagen.

They apparently use it to seed life and also to exterminate it. Or maybe it's a different brand of the same goo. Nothing of the sort will ever get explained really.

But I'd avoid using labels like "evil" when describing them since we don't know what triggered them to exterminate us. Maybe we really did deserve it.

What we can go off on is that they DID seed life on Earth and they DID leave the maps to the planet that Weyland found.
But then when the guy woke up after a few words Weyland (accompanied with armed guards no less) is already demanding he be given immortality.

I can totally see how an Engineer would see this as a danger that needs to be addressed immediately and decisively.
>>
>>82698204

if it's a good movie like you say name some actual good things about it. there is literally nothing good about it this movie. every aspect of it is shit. you just want it to be good
>>
File: 1492255761498.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1492255761498.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>ITT people put more thought into the lore than ridley and his screenwriters
>>
>>82698338

Same as Prometheus, the aesthetic, any practical effects, the music, tone and pacing

Suffers from a plot that's overly familiar and doesn't add enough new stuff in.
>>
The ending is sad. Most of the crew are dead and the girl realises that the robot is evil just as she's going back to cryo sleep.
>>
>>82698283
She sounds like a modern shitty nerd culture fan.

Tell her.
>>
>>82698372

there were hardly any practical effects besides a few background props. all of the aliens and the space stuff was 100% cgi. The entire final act was pretty much a videogame cutscene
>>
>>82698372
But this one has more shitty pacing. Its more boring and its super predictable.

You can rewatch peometheus for eye candy. But this one isnt even eye candy.
>>
>>82698329

I should have said DARK. In Ayurveda, they consider the universe as made up of light, passion, and darkness. (Sattva, Rajas, Tamas) A person can have a dark ego, like a Gothic person.

They experience dark atmospheres and emotions, and tend to say things like, "if God didn't intend for us to eat meat, then why is it tasty when you cook it?"

I still think there are various constitutions of them, including evil ones, like in Humanity.
>>
>>82698362
Speculating about the origin about the space jockey was much more interesting then the reality of it. I doubt Scott nor any screenwriter could come up with something that would satisfy the curiosity of everyone who saw the original film. Would have been better to leave it a mystery
>>
>>82698372
>pacing

kek
>>
There was no real group dynamic. The characters weren't developed, nor were their relationships.

Characters make really stupid decisions. They walk out on an alien planet without even a mask and are surprised when they get infected with a horrific alien pathogen.
>>
>>82698433

Could be.

Or to just keep it simple... they seeded life and it didn't pan out the way it did so they summoned the warrior caste to take care of it.
Once the warrior caste steps in there is no more diplomacy, they get shit done or die trying.

They only thing that irks me in this entire narrative is that apparently 2000 years ago one of these warriors tripped and fell carrying an open container of black goo which fucked up an entire base and then their entire civilization just conveniently forgot to check up on that base or to follow through with destroying us.

I mean that's pretty fucking convenient right there.

Alien : Covenant .. more like Alien : Convenient
>>
>>82698321
>the ozymandias poem from watchmen
it's not, the poem is 200 years old
>>
>>82698508

Are you sure it's not 2000 years old and written by an Engineer? Maybe Scott things it was.
>>
>>82695380
looks badass my fellow redditbro!
>>
>>82698502

So are you one of the ones that liked the film?
>>
They LITERALLY copied shit from the prometheus sequel comic.

>new crew comes to planet and gets infected by spores/goo
>android befriends ayys and lets them attack the ship

All thats missing is David injecting himself with black goo and turning into a biomechanical monster that looks kind of like Frieza, and it would be almost exactly like the comic.
>>
In my headcanon the engineer that dissolved on Earth was a rogue dissolver that did an unsanctioned dissolving and we're the result.

Once the mainstream engineer media caught stellar wind of this they wanted to use chemical weapons on us but they fell into rebel hands who then ineptly exposed themselves to it and croaked.

Meanwhile the actual engineers living who knows where totally forgot about us because news about humans become stale and nobody was clicking articles about that anymore.
>>
>>82698585

that happens in the next movie, bro

In this one David went full homo, in the next one he transitions into an alien queen, the same one that Ripley kills in Aliens.
>>
>>82696304
>Is it true that there is depth to the story though? They say it answers a lot of questions.
Don't expect anything to do with the engineers.
>>
how the fuck did shaw, an archeologist, manage to repair david?
>>
>>82698028
If I'd created humans I'd want to kill us all too. Humans are awful.
>>
>>82698671

So is the sequel going to be about how David flys the ship full of impregnated humans to LV-426 and is the direct cause of what happens at Hadleys Hope?
>>
>>82698671

>red to red blue to blue
>>
>>82698671

>how did Shaw manage to repair David, whose head was completely severed, while having no food or water on the alien ship
>where did she get the specialized tools to do so and how did she drag his body to the ship and operate the ship and so on
>a ship that's been not operational for 2000 years
>>
>>82698618

Hand it to Ridley. He needs plothole help.
>>
>>82698712

>the red wire on the left
>no the other red wire on your other left
>>
>>82698712

Dies laughing. Well... it's meant to be simple.
>>
>>82698718
Maybe the black goo made her super smart
>>
>>82698718
Is Shaw dead in this film?
>>
File: shaw.jpg (633KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
shaw.jpg
633KB, 2000x1500px
>>82698754

worse
>>
>>82698718

Repair then cryo-sleep. (but still a stretch)
His body was dragged to that ship in Prometheus.
David knows the ship.
>>
File: 1.jpg (139KB, 719x884px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139KB, 719x884px
>>82698762
Oh no, they turned her into the box art for Dark Seed!
>>
>>82698754
yes, David made a realdoll out of her body
>>
>>82698762
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>82698832

David put Shaw into cryosleep, then later on decided to experiment on her using engineer biotech which caused an allergic reaction in her
>>
>>82695380
I can't remember any decent explanation for why they missed this planet in the first place. It was basically hand-waved away by the crew as "lol maybe we missed it somehow" but nothing beyond that.
>>
>>82696827
>This is Aliens all over again.

Right, what a waste.
>>
>>82695380
Don't get hyped. That small clip is not even in the movie and Shaw isnt in the movie at all apart from her dead body

Fucking hell RIdley you killed off the best female lead in Alien universe right next to Ripley
>>
>>82698762
So much for the no harming humans protocol right?
>>
>>82698921
Alien 3 actually.
Aliens didnt ruin Alien nor killed ripley offscreen and made robots evil because hurr durr.
>>
File: H3kO0.jpg (71KB, 1029x561px) Image search: [Google]
H3kO0.jpg
71KB, 1029x561px
>>82698585
>All thats missing is David injecting himself with black goo and turning into a biomechanical monster that looks kind of like Frieza
This will be in the sequel when David becomes the space jockey that we see in Alien
>>
>>82698855
Crioslewp how? There was no crio sleep on the space jokey ship.
>>
>>82698970
>nor killed ripley offscreen and made robots evil because hurr durr.
What fucking movie you watch?
>>
>>82695802

Do you know of a website called Wikipedia?
>>
>>82698970
>Muh shitty action movie with bugs.

Fuck off.
>>
>>82699025
Covenant
>>
>>82699013
then what was the tank thing the last engineer was in?
>>
>>82697259

When a movie changes title like 3 times during production and writers at the same rate, you can tell what a masterpiece it's going to be. Like, seriously, these guys are supposed to be professional filmmakers, yet they announce they're making a saga of movies before they even know what any of them is going to be like.
>>
>>82698440

It all went wrong the moment they took the ghastly cyberpunk elephant men and made them into bald, dumb white dudes.
>>
>>82699075
Which happens to be one of the best sequels ever made. First guns vs bug movie and developed he characters rather than killing them.
>>
File: 1456597262295.jpg (87KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1456597262295.jpg
87KB, 914x1091px
i went in to see cool monsters + sets and humans dying in horifying ways. was not dissapointed.

it still has dumb prometeheus like flaws (like them going outside without a suit. i suppose they had to set up the neomorphs somehow though. also the alien life cycle is sped up as fuck but that can also be explained by them being not the final version.
>>
>>82699141
Pretty much this dude, way to sum it up.
>>
>>82697810
Fair enough
>>
>>82697350
>bullshit leftist pressure such as dead-lines and ignoring strong writers
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82699141
a lot of this is probably the studio suits shiting their pants and wanting it be as profitable as possible. this movie was not cheap.
>>
>Cast is obviously multi-cultural and LGBT characters to the point where they point it out even with a girl with a Star of David necklace around her neck
>Said characters are shown being killed horrifically

What did Ridley mean by this?
>>
>>82698976
No.
>>
>>82698718
Kek the water and food problem is the biggest plot hole in this movie.
>>
>>82699786
Back to pol, kid
>>
>>82698718
>while having no food or water on the alien ship

How do you think the engineers lived? Off of sheer rage?
>>
>>82698762
Just got back from the movie and I don't remember her looking like that at all.
>>
>>82698508
i know it's 200 years old but it's been used to death, there is plenty of other poetry he could have used in this situation
>>
File: kill me please.jpg (56KB, 534x950px) Image search: [Google]
kill me please.jpg
56KB, 534x950px
>>82695380

This....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b79aw9dZLfE

>>
>>82700206
>defending Vincent Ward shitty shitty stupid alien^3 script.
>"It's The Name of the Rose in space, guys"
>No, it isn't
>>
>>82697796
Chicago is in a valley between mountains?
>>
>>82700535
Super advanced tech race has a small metropolies between mountains and dont look anything at all like those of prometheus.
>>
Saw it last night. Eh, I enjoyed it a little more than Prometheus, and David is still the best part.

I was also really surprised that James Franco is killed off in the first 5 minutes
>>
>>82696548
i liked prometheus and hated this, this scraps what prometheus set up to do in favor of the cry babys crying over "not muh alien prequel" so we get some shit version of alien with minor promethus aspects, which makes for a half baked pile of shit,
>>
>>82696483
>(thank god)
What a fucking prick
>>
>>82700206
go to bed mark
>>
It's nothing special - Fassbender is the only good aspect.

Also what happened to that other white Xenomorph? Weren't there two?
>>
>>82697450
watch predetor > alien > aliens> predetor 2 > avp

then your done, although i liked prometheus becuasealien covenant shit on what could of been a very interesting idea i wouldnt waste your time with wondering what could of been
>>
>>82697796
i refuse to believe these where the true engineers
>>
>>82698585
>no Engineer movie killing ayylmaos with their bear hands and teaching humies how to git gud
>>
>>82697796
Are you telling me that the only Giger-esqe thing they had were the fucking spaceships?
>>
>>82700911
Yes
>>
>>82700639
>i liked prometheus and hated this
I agree with you.
Prometheus was at least fucking eye candy, the sense of mystery and wonder, amazing production and film craft. But the screenplay was found wanting and it's what ultimately made people trash the movie

This one however does NOT have the sense of wonder, it kills the likable characters of the "prequels" and shoves us characters that we literally dont give a shit about and have no character development, and is ultimately just a silly B movie Slasher flick.

fucking dissapointment.
>>
>>82700710
you should learn how to write proper english.

secondly AVP movies SUCK ASS.
thirdly the Xenomorph skull in Predator was just AN EASTER EGG but you fucking stupid nerds wanked over it and now assume it was the real deal.
>>
>>82696483
I'd rather watch 2 hours of charismatic Franco than 2 hours of dual roles played by dull Fassbender. He really is an android, he lacks emotional depth with his acting. He's as shallow as Kristen Stewart.
>>
>>82701307
AVP was better than the peice of shit that is Alien covenant, we were getting somthing interesting with prometheus but you faggots were the type to bitch and moan how it wasnt like alien, and now look, we got your alien and it was trash, atleast the easter egg in predator 2 open up an interesting idea which made for a fun film
>>
>>82695380

Watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it.
Seen alot of people online shitting on it though (not just here), kind of surprised me but I guess if you get triggered by people doing dumb shit this movie isnt for you

Fassbender was 10/10
>>
>>82697865
When monsoon season rolls around, the xenos simply freeze to death
>>
>>82697221
>is it scary?
This is a series that's 8 films deep, and has consistently relied on the Haunted House jump-scare trope, from the beginning.
>>
>>82700206

He also shat on BvS but loved Civil War, hes a massive fan of the Twilight movies also
I like Kermode but his taste is pretty pleb regarding big budget movies
>>
this movie felt like 50/50 Prometheus and alien and it really sucked because of it.
do one or the other, not both.
having all the great mystery and dialogue from david/walter continuing the Prometheus story line and then HURR GOTTA HAVE ALIENS KILL EVERYONE
>>
>>82701599
>He also shat on BvS but loved Civil War
So did anyone with half a brain, Zack.
>>
>>82698618
My nigga,.I have the same headcanon. Fuck Scott tho fir not giving us answers he literally promised in Prometheus
>>
>>82700690
one got blown up in the first ship and the second was killed by that new captain who got face hugged
>>
>>82695860
its pretty bad man, honestly i just saw it and yeah its so freaking predictable and just so disappointing.
>>
>>82695860
compared to prometheus? nope.

>>82695944
>to Prometheus is an improvement
No way, prometheus was eye candy and didnt do the Alien 3 thingy.
>>
>>82695380
>I loved Prometheus
Top pleb
>>
>>82701810
I swear I saw that first one scuttle off to the right just as the ship exploded though, and didn't 2 of them attack the group before David arrived and scared them off with the flare or whatever it was?
>>
>>82695380
>I literally can't wait to see this film.
***********SPOILER************
it's shit.
>>
File: javier-botet-mama.jpg (55KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
javier-botet-mama.jpg
55KB, 768x512px
>>82695380
>In 2093, the Prometheus expedition went looking for humanity's creators
>then the writers totally forgot about the plot about halfway through the film
>>
>>82695860
>Was it good compared to prometheus?

Yes its basically Prometheus but with more aliens and less engineers
>>
Time to settle this once and for all;

Is it man made?
>>
File: 94190-004-D8BC0070.jpg (56KB, 550x431px) Image search: [Google]
94190-004-D8BC0070.jpg
56KB, 550x431px
>>82702596
forgot my pic
>>
File: 1488463614833.jpg (829KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488463614833.jpg
829KB, 1920x1080px
>>82702596
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>82695380
I'm disgusted by the fact that you exist
>>
>>82695380
>I loved Prometheus
Well then you are going to hate Covenant.

I am someone who loved Prometheus too and everything that I enjoyed from it, Covenant ruins and turns to shit
>>
Thought there'd be more of a full explanation of what happened to Shaw.

Also I guess we're never finding out what the deal was with the engineers.
>>
>>82698976
Hm-m because that giant Engineer is the same size as David you worthless cunt
>>
>>82702707
WHY YOU WANT MORE INFO ON SOMETHING THAT ISN'T ALIEN RELATED? ALL FANS JUST WANT ALIENS KILLING PEOPLE RIGHT? SO THAT'S WHAT THEY GET LMAO
>>
>>82699929
You don't remember the abundantly clear scene where David says he used Shaw to harvest some Aliums at all?
>>
>>82702596
THERE WAS NEVER AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS SHIT

IF DAVID WAS THE ONLY ONE ALIVE ON THE PLANET WHY TF WOULD HE NEED WHEAT
>>
>>82702826
Did he specifically say this or did he just say he experimented on her?

I was wondering if he ever woke her up from cryosleep and she saw what he did or just killed her before she woke.

Also why did they explain why the engineer ship crashed?
>>
>>82702431
It did run off, could barely see it on the right side of the screen. Somehow it knew the ship was going to explode and got away.
>>
The white tall Neomorph was awesome
>>
>>82702826
I do, but I don't remember her body looking like that pic. It just looked like a fucked up dead body. Then again I was kind of tuned out around that part of the movie because a) I had a flu and b) I had these three dickheads behind me that wouldn't stop fucking talking.
>>
>>82702939
The way I saw it was she wanted to escape the engineer world and David can't directly harm humans, so he just rigged the ship to crash and kill or at least immobilise her on impact

After that you saw he put her body with the stomach wide open amongst all the other failed xenomorph prototypes

I think it implied as well that Shaw gave birth to the first facehugger egg (not the prometheus one but a legit facehugger)
>>
>>82695380
Literally just finished seeing it at the cinema. Rife with plot holes, confusion and Shitty acting with cringe worthy scenes
>>
>>82703040
David beats the shit out of Daniels in Covenant. He even quotes Roy Batty while doing it, pretty funny.
>>
Are we to assume there was literally only one engineer city on the entire planet? And if there were others they were incapable of doing anything about the black goo?
>>
It was shit. Bad effects, bad writing, borderline retarded characters, predictable ending and a massive cop-out to the ending of Prometheus (David kills Shaw and experiments on her and wipes out the Engineers on the planet they landed on and experiments with the Neomorphs and eventually gives rise to the Xenomorphs after one of the main characters is retarded enough to get himself killed by a Facehugger)

There, I just saved you Americucks watching the movie. How does it feel to get something late and ruined for you?
>>
>>82702962
David standing face to face with it is my favorite scene
>>
>>82702962
I liked the design of its mouth. It reminded me of the Tooth Fairies from Hellboy 2.
>>
>>82703187
also you have to assume a highly developed race does not have any other space ships on the entire planet so David can use one and get off that rock
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.