[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Han Solo leaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-05-12_21.39.32.jpg (143KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-12_21.39.32.jpg
143KB, 1440x1440px
Why is nobody talking about the Space-AT-AT designs?!
>>
>>82680589
because this isn't r*ddit, mickey shill
away with you
>>
>>82680589
Who fucking cares about this shit besides autists?

Star Wars is about compelling characters and adventure, not "ermugurd look at those new stormtroopers!"
>>
>>82680589
Because it doesnt fucking matter what it looks like what matters is that its a good story
>>
>>82680589
You are aware that Star Wars is for children, right? Do you really think that obsessing over a series of movies made for 8 year olds is a good way to spend your life?
>>
>>82680699
>Star Wars is about compelling characters and adventure,
Then explain The Force Awakens.
>>
>>82680747
Do you deny the focus of that film is on the characters?
>>
>>82680785
"We fucked up, that movie is complete shit. It is a complete rehash and makes no fucking sense at all"
"Just pay some critics so people will act smart by saying they care for these shitty characters!"
>>
>>82680699
>Star Wars is about compelling characters
Yes, ANH was full of compelling characters such as Indiana Jones, a female and the protagonist. And let's not forget the evil black robot.
>>
>>82680874
>>82680897
So what do you watch Star Wars for? The plastic armor or the glowy swords?
>>
>>82680948
People watch sci-fi to see sci-fi worlds. What a revelation huh. Turns out people also watch comedy for laughs and drama for character development. Shocking.
>>
>>82681125
>People watch sci-fi to see sci-fi worlds
well that's not got much to do with star wars because it's space fantasy and the extent of its "sci-fi worlds" are the tunisian desert and norwegian glaciers
>>
File: 1489892100714.jpg (22KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1489892100714.jpg
22KB, 256x256px
>>82680589
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro González Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky
>>
>>82680785
If it's about characters then why didn't the film focus on the empire defector or Luke's fallen nephew or... even Luke the main fucking character of the trilogy they're ripping off? Rey doesn't fit into the narrative whatsoever yet she gets the most "focus".
>>
>>82681216
>the extent of its "sci-fi worlds" are the tunisian desert and norwegian glaciers
Keep pretending to be retarded, it'll get you far in life. SW is popular because of light sabers, Force and storm trooper costumes. That's it. Those things are cool and they look cool.
>>
>>82681125
First off, science fiction is a very broad category. So no, "people" don't go watch any sci-fi just because of the genre.
Secondly, Star Wars is mainly a family franchise that aim to please a very broad audience.
We get cool action sequences, romance, childish gags, edgy bathrobe tough guys, sexy worldbuilding and family drama all in one.

That's what Star Wars always was and hopefully always will be. Something for everyone.

Except /tv/, evidently.
>>
>>82681252
Alec Guinness was saddened at manchildren after only one movie. Good thing he cant see where we ended up.
>>
File: 1482158084004.jpg (59KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1482158084004.jpg
59KB, 625x468px
>>82681252
>banalities

Was Guinness a Bane poster?
>>
>>82680699
>Star Wars is about compelling characters and adventure, not "ermugurd look at those new stormtroopers!"

You literally couldn't be more wrong, now buy some fucking merchandise you fuck
>>
>>82681326
It does focus on kylo almost as much as rey
>>
>>82681407
Yes, and good comedy also has character arcs, strong visuals, action bits, maybe even a song here and there. And yet if you ask people why like comedy, they'll say it's because it's funny. Makes you think huh. Almost as if genres exist for a reason.
>>
>>82681366
>Those things are cool and they look cool.
They look like cheap props from the 70s. Just admit you're autistic and you don't understand why people enjoy stories.
>>
What is there to talk about?

They're toys to sell to the target demographic of this movie, manchildren and children. There is nothing to talk about.
>>
There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who think people cared for Boba Fett because he is such a compelling character.
People love the cool fantasy/spacetech mashup. Make star wars without it and you get a subpar film
>>
>>82681707
>They look like cheap props from the 70s
Yes, that's exactly why people still buy toys with stormtroopers, put stormtroopers in videogames and make new movies with stormtroopers. Because nobody likes them. People actually just like the amazing dialogue as written by the great modern writer George Lucas, the master of the written word.
>>
I've never cared less about a star wars movie, including 8 and rogue one.

At least the new trilogy brings forth some new characters and story elements. Sure the plot and aesthetic will probably be a rehash but we don't know for sure what happens in a few years like Han Solo.
It's like the worst parts of the prequels, ruining old characters and retconning at convience.
Plus this probably takes place 10 years before anh so the tech will just be OT with a new ship or two
>>
>>82681865
From my point of view the dialogue is evil!
>>
>>82681865
Lucas didnt write ESB or ROTJ though
>>
>>82681865
>People actually just like the amazing dialogue

It's almost like people have been saying "I am your father" and "may the force be with you" for three decades, and how Yoda's vocal idiosyncrasies is a common pop culture reference. No, everyone who likes Star Wars is an autistic manchild who buys toys.
>>
>>82682514
Le epic "George had nothing to do with the success of Star Wars" Meme

Really funny and original. Take my upvote.

>>82681909
Yeah, I love how the new trilogy doesn't retcon Lukes character, or the ending of RotJ.
>>
>>82680743
>judge people for how they spend their time
>shitposts on 4chan

WEW LAD
>>
>>82680589
Because we're in mourning.

>"This legendary actor is struggling with serious dementia but the studio refuse to let him go public until his new movie's release cycle ends. On the set, as a take was ready to begin, he suddenly dropped his pants and defecated on the floor while shouting "Vev vev vev vev vev!" His co-star, who is famous for his own eccentricities, found it hard not to laugh."
>Harrison Ford/Ryan Gosling (Blade Runner 2049)
>>
>>82683832
There's no point in accusing someone of being a redditor when your previous sentence begins with "le".
>>
>>82681605
Look at the new poster and you can see how much focus Kylo and Luke get.

Also Luke couldn't carry an action movie anymore. Hamill is too old.
>>
>>82686087
They could just move him around the screen with the cursor like they visibly do in the Marvel films. Wheee, here I go! kek.
>>
File: star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster.jpg (454KB, 670x991px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster.jpg
454KB, 670x991px
>>82686087
>Kylo just looks worried and not evil at all
>Luke looks more aggressive and is the biggest figure on the poster like the bad guy usually is
What did they mean by this?
>>
A better question is why the fuck would they even be a thing
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.