[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well.... it was better than prometheus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

File: alien-covenant-1280.jpg (35KB, 1280x675px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-1280.jpg
35KB, 1280x675px
Well.... it was better than prometheus
>>
It was way better than Prometheus.In fact i wish Prometheus was actually a backstory that was included in this film.People who bitch about trivial shit in the film are fucking retarded hipsters.
>>
It's not even out yet numbnuts
>>
>>82679927
No it wasnt they fucking ruined it by making the Alien man-made!

They fucking ruined the mythology
>>
>>82681045
You mean the android made alien
>>
>>82681045
>hur dur i am retarded the post
okay
>>
>>82681029
I just came out of the kinoplex in Mexico
It's better than Prometheus if that's saying something
As proof you'll see a scene where David puke on his hands when you watch it
>>
>>82681045
lmao rekt
>>
>>82679927

Watched it a few hours back, the movie was aesthetic as fuck and enjoyable start to finish.
The crew made multiple retarded decisions but I would be disappointed if they were not in a Ridley Scott movie.

Also scenes with the neomorph backburster and the Xenomorph riding on the transport ship were really good but the finale was a bit lackluster
>>
>>82681045

>Alien man-made

The pathogen is made by the engineers retard, all David does is manipulate it
>>
>>82679927
The scenes with the hybrids being birthed when they first got to the planet reminded me of watching the hospital scenes in The Exorcist for the first time again. Very much enjoyed the movie, especially Fassbender's performance. The only thing I didn't like was the weird shower sex scene towards the end. It felt really out of place and very horror movie cliche. It's the best since Aliens which isn't saying much but it is a genuinely enjoyable movie.
>>
Is this actually scary like the first Alien or more action oriented like Aliens?
>>
>>82681029
It's out in UK

>>82681527
Then I guess we watched a different film. The CGI was good in parts, for example the ship in orbit around the planet, but it looked fucking awful in other places, like the solar sails and some of the aliens. Speaking of the solar sails, what fucking good are they when they were in deep space with no star nearby? Then all of a sudden they get hit by a solar flare or something?

If prometheus is a 1/10, covenant is a 2/10 in my opinion. The only saving grace is fassbender giving a truly chilling performance as dave
>>
>>82681629
The aliens are cgi?
>>
>>82681629
If you care only about CGI, i think transformers is more of your thing
>>
>>82681628
There is one particular scene about half way through that is VERY action but aside from that there's a lot of tension building stuff a la the first movie. Kind of a mix between the two. I think to a degree it works quite well.
>>
>>82681688
Where did I say I cared only about CGI? Anon posted about it so I replied to it. I even said int he next sentence that fassbender was the best part of the film. Was he CGI? Was he, anon?

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>82681527
>but the finale was a bit lackluster
so like your sex life?
>>
>>82681629
>Then I guess we watched a different film

Its called a pleb filter
>>
Can somebody explain the significance of the scene where David teaches Walter to play the flute/recorder and the bizarre use of 'I will do the fingering'
>>
I also loved how David wasn't just hiding his hand, he literally cut it off to fool everyone and continue his experiements. He did not give a fuck
>>
>>82681761
Retard.
>>
>>82681961
Why am I the retard for your incorrect assessment?
>>
>>82681949
It was a fuckup of the movie, he had the perfect posture and Daniels saw it, the other Droid could heal himself and yet Daniels helped him to heal his wounds, he was too obvious the way he spoke
>>
>>82682039
Read your own post again perhaps, retard.
>>
>>82681029
Explain how I am about to see it then.
>>
>>82682080
I chalk the healing bit up to "there's a limit" due to the hand wound. Maybe he could heal but only so much and with a wound like that it was draining him of his ability to use his internal goo to patch himself up?
>>
This movie has been shilled to fuck in the UK

Is it worth watching if im just looking for a decent sci fi flick? Audience response seems all over the place so far
>>
>>82681045
the engineers already were making xeno-like
creatures, david just changes it up. we still
have no idea where the black goo comes from
or who made the original xeno. good try kiddo
>>
>>82681857
its showing the differences of david and walter.
while walter is cold and calculating, david is
more creative and imaginative.
>>
>>82679927
ok? you haven't set the bar high..
>>
>>82682675
You're an idiot
>>
>>82681857
David, who is programmed as a servant, assumes the role of a teacher in order to teach a fellow AI something new.

It's another form of creativity as I mentioned in another thread: >>82681776
something he has learnt himself. it's artificial intelligence evolving beyond its limits (also a big theme of Blade Runner). David sees the mutation of alien life as another way to create, thereby becoming Godlike.

tl;dr - if you haven't realised this already the film is basically Frankenstein meets The Island of Dr. Moreau.

"I will do the fingering" and "blow lightly" were included presumably to make him more perversely sexual. I assume that along with gaining sentience, he also gained more human emotions like desire and longing.
>>
>Girl grabs shotgun to take out the Ayy
>Slips on a blood puddle and blows up the ship
Kino?
>>
>>82682675
The black stuff was a bioweapon designed by the engineers that would infect and kill any living thing. It infects the host and grows the alien inside them, the alien is different depending on what it infects but most seem to have a typical xenomorph look. So I don't think anyone 'created' an original xeno as you put it, it's just the general appearance of the thing that grows after you get infected. David must have experimented on Shaw and killed her on the ship, then he dropped the weapon on that civilization and killed them all. From then on he continued his experiments, trying to find the perfect parsite to host combination. The result of his studies is the type of xeno we all know and love
>>
>>82682851

This post combined with the audience response makes me feel like this is the BvS of Alien movies
>>
>>82682585
If you liked Prometheus you will like this trash.
If you hated Prometheus then stay at home and rewatch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
>>
>>82682962
David was really just trying to make a being as perfect as him. I think people saying that we didn't get any answers about the engineers in this movie really missed the purpose of David's character arc.
>>
>>82682831
good argument bud
>>
>>82683022
honestly Mark Kermode had it 100% right: Ridley Scott is the new George Lucas. These prequels give you something that no one really cared about with the original movies: backstory and mythos.

Unfortunately in both cases good filmmaking also goes out the window.

whether you're on board or not depends on how much you care about imaginary space sagas.
>>
>>82682675
why is this written like a poem
>>
>>82682585
>Audience response seems all over the place so far
F O R
A
R E A S O N
>>
File: e31ad673_o[1].jpg (19KB, 605x512px) Image search: [Google]
e31ad673_o[1].jpg
19KB, 605x512px
>>
Whatever David did to Eli drives me mad. Damn you, Scott. One job.
>>
>>82683566
The cap is designed to keep eyes shaded from sunlight so we can cancel out 1 and 3 straight away. It would be difficult for 2 to stay on, thus 4 is the only sensible option here.
>>
>well, floater shit is better than sinker shit
>>
>>82681857
>You do the pleb shit
>I'll do the creativity
>>
>>82682902
You know people die on the high way because a light pole falls onto their car
>>
File: received_10202802291895570.jpg (154KB, 1920x1764px) Image search: [Google]
received_10202802291895570.jpg
154KB, 1920x1764px
>cgi alien
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>82684146
it's somehow even worse in motion
>>
>i know i just got done explaining they're parasites that i've been breeding and genetically engineering for the past ten years, but this giant egg-like thing with something writhing inside is perfectly safe
>what are you some type of pussy faggot?
>take a closer look
>>
>>82684146

It looks good on a proper cinema screen
Practical fags are the worst
>>
>>82684316
I like the movie a lot but the CGI alien is pretty poor.
>>
>do you hear that?
>What?
>Exactly
FUCK YOU
>>
>>82685298
>do you hear that?
>what?
>BRRRRRPPPTTTT
>>
How did David manage to impersonate Walter so quickly?

I wonder if David 'infected' Walter with that stab in the neck, essentially overwriting his code? If David cut his own hand off to mimic Walter then that could have been done with the knife he was after, which leads me to wonder if Walter is actually dead...
>>
>>82684316
Does it fuck. I just got back from the cinema and it was fake as shit. Very rushed CGI that wasn't scary in the slightest... not once did I feel the alien was 'present' to the actors.
>>
File: hestonlaugh.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
hestonlaugh.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>82679927
>gay men in a colonization effort that strongly depends on the colonists having offspring
>>
>>82683022
>BvS of Alien movies
That was definitely Prometheus. Or it was close enough, as the essential difference was that critics liked Prometheus.
>>
>>82685622

>Scary

Its a sci fi thriller coming off the back of Prometheus.
This movie was never meant to be scary
>>
>>82685853
Maybe they should have dropped the 'Alien' part from the title then... it's clear to me that Scott has lost his touch.
>>
>>82685591

Screenshot this.

Walter is still alive. David most likely incapacitated Walter with the knife, took his clothes and used the same knife to cut his hand off. This is why David looked back at the top of the steps, as Walter could have come to at any moment. Guessing Walter will awake, repair the engineer ship, and head to the same planet David is heading to.
>>
>>82686447
LOOKS LIKE KINOS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS
>>
>>82679927
>go to see a movie about killer aliens
>it's actually a movie about a killer android

I'm just getting bored with these prequels man. I didn't give a fat fiddly fuck about all this shit. It was more interesting not knowing where the aliens came from because the truth is so fucking boring and stupid
>>
>>82686447
I thought it was implied that Walter made the choice willingly. I'm sure we'll see what became of Walter in Promethealien 5: Ressurectioning
>>
>>82682962
Do you have a source for any of that? Was it explained in Covenant? I assumed the goo was some kind of genetic solvent with a distillate inside it, a medium that made it easier for the Engineers to go about their genetic manipulations, perhaps storing many genomes or specific sequences.
>>
>>82688512
it's not explained that the black goo is a bioweapon but isn't that the conclusion they come up with in Prometheus when they first discover the container room?

the rest of what he says is legit and explained in Covenant, but wew you just spoiled it for yourself good going.
>>
>>82688611
Well yeah, but those scientists were retarded and made all sorts of stupid assumptions.
>>
>>82681029
Another dumb American assuming there is only 1 nation on the planet.
>>
>>82685687
It doesn't strongly depend on that at all though. It's revealed near the film that they Twenty thousand human embryos in cryo that were scheduled to be born on the colony.
>>
>>82688683
yeah they float the idea but it's never confirmed by anything we see. so .... we're just supposed to take them for their word? even though they just made up that theory on the spot?

here's the script for ppl who forgot:

>lt's an installation. Maybe even military.
>They put it out here because they're not stupid enough...
>...to make weapons of mass destruction on their own doorstep.
>That's what all that shit is in those vases.
>They made it here.
>lt got out, it turned on them. The end.
>>
>>82681045
I'm sorry for your mythology brother.
>>
>>82681045
Please be a new meme that will die in a couple of months.
>>
>>82688786
That's kinda my thinking about the assumptions. Look at it like a nuclear power plant disaster of tremendous scale. Maybe they didn't intend it to be a weapon, but they knew they were dealing with powerful and volatile stuff, so they did what they could to isolate and reduce risk.
>>
File: parker and brett4_final .jpg (16KB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
parker and brett4_final .jpg
16KB, 480x204px
>>82679927
We're going to have to talk about something /tv/
>>
>>82689534
I'm my theory the black goo is gluten. That's why humans can't handle the black goo. They have gluten intolerance.
>>
>>82679927
so still no explanation of what the black goo is or why the engineers were toying with it?
>>
>>82689632
HOL UP
*asks about the bonus situation
you be sayin'
*gets told to get back to work
that we...
*gets eaten
We wuz goo'n shit?
>>
>>82689646
It's black cum from the superior black engineers
>>
>>82688864
No youre not if you were you would understand how important the fucking mythology is
>>
File: 1494600652060.jpg (185KB, 1698x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1494600652060.jpg
185KB, 1698x1140px
>>82679927

>watching this movie
>thinking it might be good
>having fun as they are being attacked by white power aliens in the grass
>"STAY AWAY FROM THE HIGH GRASS" he shouted
>moving around on the seat from all this excitement
>suddenly what looks like a Lord of The Rings cloaked character shows up
>expels the aliens with a majesty only Gandalf would have
>says some supposedly impacting one liner
>"FOLLOW ME, RING BEARER" or something like this, he said

This moment.

This very moment.

This is when I knew the movie was shit, and there was absolutely nothing that could save it.

That's when I knew I was watching some overbudgeted B-Movie.

It was so out of place that I honestly thought it was a Hobbit that found them in some kind of freakish crossover.

Out of morbid curiosity I didn't leave the cinema, which now I see as a mistake, since the movie was terrible even or a bad movie.

I'm not even kidding. What a shitty movie this was.
>>
>>82689646
I already broke it down in the other thread earlier. Ask any Muslim how humans were created and they mention the blood clot the goo represents that, it represents the congeal that ally used to spawn the first man
>>
>>82689926
No brother, I understand. The mythology of my favorite SciFi saga was ruined with the III'rd episode.
>>
>>82690000
quads of confusion
>>
>>82689996
>expels the aliens with a majesty only Gandalf would have
real talk, that flashback was Minas Tirith tier 2002 era CGI
>>
>>82690052
Aliens 3 was awesome after that it went to shit, 3 was the perfect ending
>>
>>82690184
Ha Ha! My brother! You are mistaken! I was referring to Star Wars!

I also like Alien^3 as I am also gay!
>>
>>82679927
The shit I just took, all black and liquid, is better than Prometheus
>>
>>82682585
If all you want is a sci fi flick then you might like it. It has its moments. For reference it's better than Prometheus and Resurrection and 3 I guess if you for some reason think 3 is bad.
I reckon this movie is about a 6/10, so if that's good enough for you then go ahead.
>>
>>82681045
David designed it from an engineer manual. Remember all those mosaics from the Prometheus film, not to mention the neomorphs? He basically just followed the recipe
>>
Is it just me or does it seem like there was a lot of stuff that they cut out? Like capin's faith and the slightly romantic android shit between Walther and David? It just seemed like there should be more or they should've cut it entirely. Overall it was really predictable but still well made imo, worth seeing but don't expect anything other than a retread of familiar ground, with a bit of dodgy dialogue
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.