[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITS OVER!! RIDLEY SCOTT IS FINISHED!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 20

The hack literally shat on the Alien Mythology and here Kermit literally says whats wrong with covenant and for once i fully agree with him. Theyve raped the Alien series to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b79aw9dZLfE
>>
>>82673820
BRUH, i dont need this faget to tell me the film was shit, the moment they released information that the alien wasnt an alien but a human genetic experiment it ruined over 30 years of myth for me, so fuck this guy and what he says because i knew it from the moment i finished watching prometheus that ridley doesnt give a shit anymore, in fact, ever since his brother died its liked he's taking his anger out on films and getting abck at the jews by fucking up their prized possessions lioke Alien
>>
>the bit at the end that is ripped of from Aliens

They blast the monster out an airlock again, huh?
>>
>>82674145
how many times are they going to throw an alien into space, didnt the fucking game isolation do this too?
>>
>instead of Name of the Rose In Space it's the Da Vinci Code in space

fucking savage
>>
"Hi Worcester and Jeeves, after finishing an inexplicably long day last Friday and barely overcoming the so-called 'thrills' of modern parenthood the husband and I decided to engage in a spot of Friday night escapist fantasy with -FILM X- based solely upon Mark's recommendation. Imagine our shock when it turned out to be a two-hour slog through inane, baffling and incomprehensible utter tosh disguised as entertainment. Apoplectic with rage didn't even begin to cover it as we reached the sixty minute mark of inexorable dribble! We immediately retrieved the woeful disc from our DVD player of choice before returning it to the shop and instead ended up getting nice and cosy with a copy of Pirates 4. In summation we feel the good doctor owes us an apology and will take this in the form of a birthday greeting to our daughter who is currently overseas in Australia. Signed, Cunt."
>>
>>82673820
One could have predicted this from the start.

This fills me with dread for Blade Runner. Fuck modern cinema.
>>
>>82673820

>hating based Kermode

No I won't accept it
>>
>>82674184
>didnt the fucking game isolation do this too
You put the Alien in a pod and Waits fucks you over and throws it into the gas giant.
>>
>>82674435
>This fills me with dread for Blade Runner.
It shouldn't. Ridley's only producing that one.
>>
File: kermodechad.jpg (46KB, 743x565px) Image search: [Google]
kermodechad.jpg
46KB, 743x565px
>>82673820
Reminder that Kermode is the most chad of all movie critics.
>>
>>82674435
The original Blade Runner isn't that good either

It is very pretty, but the script also sucks and past the villain doesn't really have any worthwhile characters
>>
>>82674643
I 100% agree with this. I don't care much for Blade Runner in the first place, I will probably not watch 2049 in theaters for that reason.
>>
File: ironicsheev.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ironicsheev.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>82673820
>They've raped the Alien series to death
A series about rape getting raped to death...Ironic
>>
I don't even need to watch the film to know he's shitting up the mythos; nobody does. When he started talking about churning out 3-4 sequels to Prometheus you knew it was done.

He's approaching Star Wars levels of 'if-you-see-a-motherfucker-in-the-back-of-a-shot-you'd-best-believe-he-has-a-whole-story-somehow-related-to-the-protagonists-and-will-get-a-spin-off' tier of nonsense.
>>
>>82673820
I genuinely think you need to learn what the word "literally" means.

Quite literally, in fact.
>>
>>82674705
pottery
>>
>>82674553
It's Ridley's IP and he's a controlling persona.

I'm willing to bet that the new BR will have 'characters standing around explaining the plot to each other'.

>>82674643
I myself think it's superb: the visuals, the soundtrack, the backstory, the cast and crew hating each other, etc, etc.

The script may not be great, but, for me, it's not about 'a detective trying to hunt down homicidal androids', it's about what it means to be human (yeah, that cliché).

The cool thing about the original, is that there *is* no villain - everyone is acting for their own (or their family's) good. Jared Leto seems to be some kind of cliché singular villain (le bad cloning man), and that seems like a step down from the more believable everyone-wants-to-do-right-for-their-own of the original.
>>
>>82674795
Have you ever heard the tale of Darth Ridleyis the Senile?
>>
>>82674705

Really makes me think about almonds.
>>
>>82673820
"Alien was a film about coincedence"

No it wasn't, the company and ash knew what was on the planet
>>
>>82673820
>it's a Mark agrees 100% with the BBFC's rating episode

>it's a Mark moans about something else for 10 minutes instead of an actual review episode

>it's a Simon Mayo sounds miserable to still be living episode

>it's a Simon says something so stupid that Mark is stunned into silence for a whole minute episode

>it's a horror movie that Mark constantly compares to some obscure 1970's Dutch horror nobody has ever seen episode

and finally;

>it's a shit movie directed by a woman so it gets a pass episode.
>>
>>82674799
>I'm willing to bet that the new BR will have 'characters standing around explaining the plot to each other'.
oh my god
>>
>>82674914
No such thing as 1970s Dutch horror.
>>
File: thelongdark.png (622KB, 878x1038px) Image search: [Google]
thelongdark.png
622KB, 878x1038px
>>82673820
>he doesn't realize, still, that Millennials are fucking retarded, and absolutely need the play-by-play over explanation dialogue in order to follow along with anything

Being a Boomer/Gen X trying to enjoy films/tv shows in CURRENT_YEAR is suffering. It's why every reddit pleb loves Game of Thrones: the constant and incessant callbacks and reminders of plot points, names, etc. that now take up 75% of all the dialogue, because the core audience can't be trusted to fucking remmeber even the smallest details about anything, or rely on any of their own insight.
>>
Scott's been off his rocker for over a decade and so has Cameron and Lucas.

There gets to be a point where creatively you're tapped out but everyone wants your next big thing but you just don't have one so instead you make schlock like Avatar or you shit out sequels and spin offs like Lucas did that just piss on the original.

The only 2 Alien movies are 1/2.
>>
>>82675048
I don't know man, the Martian was good.
>>
>>82675078
The entirety of which was literally written for him by another person.
>>
>>82673820

He literally didn't understand most of the movie and complains is not like Alien or Aliens.
>>
>>82674914
>it's a Simon says something so stupid that Mark is stunned into silence for a whole minute episode
One of the most unbearable things Simon Mayo does is derail Mark when he's about to get to a really interesting point by being a contrarian spergy fuck.
>>
>>82674991
Yep. Depressing, isn't it?

Since Hollywood is about making money, rather than creating something artistically worthwhile, they have to appeal to the widest, and dumbest, possible audience.

Hyperactive and mentally-deficient millennials with an attention span of the Planck length included.
>>
>>82675145

No, that's the opposite of what happened.
>>
>>82675170
And you'll be happy to know that these people are the ones who're deciding your country's future.
>>
>>82675145
> and complains is not like Alien or Aliens
Why is this bad?

People just wanted another Alien, perhaps with updated effects, a cool alien, and some story.

Not some pompous philosophising about human existence or evolution, where every minute detail is explained verbally to the attention-deficient audience.
>>
>>82673820
Ridley has been getting worse and worse since his brother an hero'd off a bridge
>>
>>82675098
You mean exactly like Alien Covenant?
>>
>>82673900
>30 years of myth for me
Yeah right you're probably just another youngster born in the mid nineties at the earliest.
>>
>>82675098
The other night they were airing Prometheus on TV and I catched some glimpses here and there.
It still look gorgeous in some areas, so I think that Ridley as a director still has it, the problem is that he can't write worth a shit and needs a good screenwriter to save him.

Hell even when he was directing the original Alien he had some shitty ideas, like the sex scene death or Ripley getting killed by the Xeno at the end of the movie and the Xeno using her body to communicate to the radio.
source here by the way

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/03/alien-ridley-scott-alternate-ending/
>>
>>82675199
>No, that's the opposite of what happened.

Covenant is nothing like Alien or Aliens. It has some callbacks but the whole thing is really different.

Kermode focuses on those callbacks because he probably didn't understood the whole deal with David.
>>
File: 1398451040870.png (243KB, 404x507px)
1398451040870.png
243KB, 404x507px
>>82675229
>People just wanted another Alien, perhaps with updated effects, a cool alien, and some story.

Fuck people. That's the whole point of the movie.

Ridley Scott got some Hollywood kikes to fund his masturbatory film about existentialism and cosmic horror by slapping the Alien name on it. He should do it again.
>>
File: 1488366941287.jpg (62KB, 509x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488366941287.jpg
62KB, 509x476px
>>82675078
>the Martian was good
>>
>>82675078
>MArtian was good

Reddit is that way fuck off >
>>
>>82674435
the trailer should've been enough to warn you
the doomsday nonsense was pungent
bladerunner was just some story about a guy hunting some rogue robots, whereas this new movie seems intent on being EPIC
>>
>First Covenant teasers and trailers made it seem like a back to basics feature with gritty aesthetics and characters wearing straw hats

>Turns out it even more pretentious and masturbatory than Prometheus that continues to shit on one of the most beloved dark sci-fi universes because muh philosophy and muh meaning of life

Ridley has gone full Lucas: he hated that his signature movie was great not just because of him (Syd Mead, Giger, Dan O'Bannon), and that people that came after him managed to add their own flair to it (Cameron, Fincher, Jenet) for better or worse. So now he's just fucking retconning it out of subconscious spite.
>>
File: trumpwillwin2016.png (867KB, 810x1042px) Image search: [Google]
trumpwillwin2016.png
867KB, 810x1042px
>>82675227
Actually, if all the tantrums are to be believed, Boomers and Gen X are still doing that.

>implying they haven't already completely written off the latter 2/3 of Millennials and are keeping the lighthouse for Gen Z until they come of age

They are already showing signs of being the superior generation. Having their formative years under Obama truly stunted the shit out of Millmills
>>
File: 1472622188250 (1).jpg (118KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472622188250 (1).jpg
118KB, 720x960px
>>82675647
>most beloved dark sci-fi universes

It's just two good movies and a bunch of garbage.

Ridley Scott revived the franchise with Prometheus and Covenant. It's better than all that other shit.
>>
>>82675457
>muh "Lovecraft wuz racist"

Honestly though, what has the nigger contributed to the USA since the days of Lovecraft? How has the niggnogg done anything to forward this country's interests since the time they were emancipated, to the time they were granted civil rights, to present day?

Our continued tolerance of all their bullshit is literally just penance for slavery, nothing more. I'd say we've paid enough penance.
>>
>>82675487
>>82675607
It was good. What.
>>
>>82675777

It was so good they had to pidgeonhole it as a comedy at Golden Globes, yeah
>>
>>82674705
It's not about rape, that's pseudy bollocks that was invented to make consumerist drones feel better about the fact that they're too peasant to watch art cinema; with the aid of such drivel, they watch genre shit and pretend to themselves that it's profound. Pitiable.
>>
>>82675777

Kys.
>>
>>82675766
why are unapologetic racists so triggered by accusations of racism. shouldn't you just embrace it?
>>
File: 1461699562991.jpg (53KB, 485x700px) Image search: [Google]
1461699562991.jpg
53KB, 485x700px
>>82675766

Well Lovecraft was literally racist. And between Obama and Trump we can say that racism has been debunked for good.

Best bit about Lovecraft biography I know is that he talked shit on the Jews even though he was married to one. That guy was hilarious.
>>
>>82675841

Alien was an art movie disguised as a blockbuster horror film.
>>
>>82675805
>>82675847
I'm not trying to convert you. I liked it. Deal with it.
>>
>>82675841

I agree that "it's about rape" is bullshit, BUT it sure did have a number of weird sex-related things in it, and Giger's whole shtick is repressed sexuality. It's there, but it certainly isn't a main theme.

It's the perfect case of pleb reading too much into things - the original Westworld was about Michael Chricton regretting sex with hookers, and then Nolan turned it into Gnosticism 101 borefest.
>>
>>82675886
everyone is literally racist you cunt
>>
>>82674948

>opening scene
>sit down
>I'm going to run this test on you
>it will determine if you're a replicant or human
>it works based on your emotional and logical responses to a series of questions
>if your midichlorion count is too high to be human you will become confused and angered
>>
>>82675766
>I say we've paid enough penance

Why do you roleplay fags always talk like this? For over a decade this posting style crops up as if you have any kind of conviction, as if you will actually take action against anything.

It's so silly, you sound like the /v/edditor roleplaying in their tacticool flavor of the month shooters.

Do you really not see this?
>>
>>82675951

That's called in-group bias. And it doesn't necessarily have to be about race.
>>
>>82675227
>And you'll be happy to know that these people are the ones who're deciding your country's future.

It's cool. They're too busy watching Netflix to vote.
>>
>>82674991
There's lots of redundancy in previous decades' productions too, those that don't have it are rare, and their art film accents (and that's all they are, accents from serious work, not evidence of an intrinsic seriousness) are part of the fashion of the times. Which have gone, thanks to developments that began in the seventies.
>>
>>82675961
It's already there in the new BR trailer.

Evul Blade Runner boss:
> there's a wall between two sides
> tear down that wall
> and you have a war

Literally explaining the plot. In the fucking trailer.
>>
>>82675922

All good. Not the same anon but, and I realize this is, itself, a spergy way of puting it, it felt like Reddit: The Movie.
>>
everyone
just play Alien Isolation and consider that the only true good sequel to Alien
>>
>>82676076
>>>>>>>/v/
>>
>>82676076

I did, and even if it was just a glorified walking simulator, that asethetic was fucking DANK.
>>
>>82676076

No one needs shitty nostalgia pandering with boring gameplay.
>>
>>82675886
>racism has been debunked
Ignoring something doesn't debunk it you tard.
>>
>>82675457
>film about existentialism and cosmic horror

It wasn't about those things. Ridley Scott is a guy from the advertising industry, not an intellectual, and the pseudo-intellectual associations of his films are part of their promotion. Can you still doubt this, when you're faced with so much evidence of the man's real priorities and mentality?
>>
File: where's the wheat.jpg (469KB, 2048x1343px) Image search: [Google]
where's the wheat.jpg
469KB, 2048x1343px
>>82676161
He is of higher intellect
>>
File: 1480982466054.gif (586KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
1480982466054.gif
586KB, 500x653px
>>82676156
>>
>>82676072
I understand. It has a lot of cringy moments but overall it's better than 80% of most movies out there. I liked it better than Interstellar with their love transcends time and space bullshit.

I don't know how does Ridley keep fucking up the Alien franchise though. I often think he does it on purpose.
>>
File: sad.jpg (81KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
81KB, 800x611px
>>82676076
>tfw the could have legitimately made Isolation as a film and Aliens would still have been canon.
>>
>>82673820
OP is clearly a shill for a rival company. Alien mythos was already destroyed with alien 3&4 need i mention AvP as well?

Alien C and Prometheus if anything is a return to form. and certainly better than what came before.
>>
>>82676161

You haven't seen the movie.
>>
File: 1489468214226.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489468214226.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>82676203

Parts of Covenant feel like Ridley just wanted to make a better movie than Interstellar.
>>
>>82675911
No, it was a blockbuster horror film with an art movie accent because of when it was made and audience demographics of the time.
>>
>>82676203

Yeah, Interstellar is almost entirely brought down but that utterly retarded message.

As for Ridley, I don't know. Artists seem to have a prime. For example, Tarantino used to make decently entertaining movies. Now he makes gratuitous crap.
>>
>>82673820
>the martian is brilliant
dropped
>>
>>82676281

By today's standards it's basically an art movie. Which is also the case with big chunks of Alien: Covenant.
>>
>>82674730

Friendly reminder that the official definition of "literally" now includes "figuratively", and we should all kill ourselves already.
>>
keep in mind that the success of the first Alien movie can't be given entirely to Ridley, as almost everyone wrongly praises him for it
Dan O'Bannon as the screenwriter contributed greatly and later films clearly dropped the ball on this

Prometheus and Covenant? the scripts are complete shit, they just make vague references to try to appeal to the audience but end up making convoluted and non sense plots
>>
File: 1480433859753.jpg (26KB, 731x565px) Image search: [Google]
1480433859753.jpg
26KB, 731x565px
>>82676206

>tfw no alien butt hose gf
>>
>>82676363
Yeah, everyone always goes on about it being Ridley's but clearly it was Dan O'Bannon. Not to mention Giger as well. Unless Ridley added in anything to do with the Xenomorph he should fuck right off.
>>
>>82675942
Exactly.

Giger was a visual artist, the stuff that fed his art can't really be brought down to thematic content - visual/formal ideas are different from literary/linguistic ones. When artists put their ideas into words, they often turn out to be pretty, ahem, basic - the profundity is in the form, summarizing them into verbal/literary language makes people sound like dunces. Which they are.
>>
>>82673820
>Kermode brings up the bonus situation

Could I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>82676233
If Ridley Scott's latest is suddenly intelligent, we've got a Donovan's Brain scenario.

>>82676193
kek
>>
>>82676312
No, by today's standards it remains what it was, because art cinema still exists and is being produced.
>>
File: rscott.jpg (1MB, 1536x2307px) Image search: [Google]
rscott.jpg
1MB, 1536x2307px
>>82673820
>make a great space thriller
>move on to other projects, with plenty of success
>neckbeards keep on bugging you about your past work and want more of the same
>try to answer their demands with Prometheus while still making an original film that isn't just Alien rehash
>all the fanboys hate on it
>say fuck it, I'm giving them a disgusting rehash and I don't give a fuck how much it shits on the previous films

I don't think he ever wanted to come back to this universe or the blade runner universe (same thing I guess?). But the potential money to be made forced his hand (production companies probably nagged him as well). His heart obviously isn't in it and he could really care less what the masses and ungrateful fanboys think of it. This universe, at these production levels, would have been better off in a different directors hands; someone who is a fan of the original Alien film and wants to preserve that feel.
>>
>>82673820

the trailer for alien covenant looked like the worst thing ever made
>>
>>82676217
>need i mention AvP as well?
No, you don't. That was never considered part of the mythos by anyone with half a brain. It was always just a "for fun" type of film, like Godzilla vs King Kong; your not suppose to consider them canon.
>>
>>82677122
>he could really care less
I almost nearly thought you had a good point.
>>
>>82677206
*couldn't
>>
>>82675848

because it's an incoherent concept invented by our enemies to slur us?
>>
>>82677202
King Kong vs. Godzilla is canon though.
>>
>>82675098
Literally every Ridley Scott film
>>
>>82673820
>Says Alien: Covenant is shit
>Loves Guardians of the Galaxy

DROPPED.
>>
>>82677122
>someone who is a fan of the original Alien film and wants to preserve that feel
too bad that was destroyed immediately by Aliens
>>
File: 1489779033925.png (2MB, 10000x9441px) Image search: [Google]
1489779033925.png
2MB, 10000x9441px
>>82674202
glad i wasn't the only one who enjoyed that line, fucking hell
>>
>>82674435
villenvue's on a winning streak at the moment so i'm kind of hopeful
>>
>>82677122
>doesn't want to revisit old franchises
>releases five hundred different cuts of the same movie from three decades ago
>>
>>82674914
Best Kermode rant incoming
https://youtu.be/uHeQeHstrsc
>>
>>82679075
>I'm not going to give a rant.
>gives a rant

everytime.
>>
>>82679075
this review, his Sucker Punch review, and his Entourage review are the holy trinity of rantkino
>>
>everyone shitting on Covenant before even seeing it

just be patient. it's not that bad. you just have to accept that he doesn't care about mood and kino cinematography any more. Like Prometheus, Covenant is mostly focused on lore and advancing the Alien/Engineer creation myth.

Mark is right to be sad that the franchise has changed direction, but where Ridley is going with it is still interesting.

>>82676629
it's either the flashback scene that's basically Lord of the Rings tier CGI

or if by "close enough to Alien" he means narratively, then probably the ending which basically recycles a climax that has literally been done twice before already.
>>
The series was raped to death after Aliens, the whole series has been shit after Alien, this is nothing new
>>
>>82679379
>mood and kino cinematography
someone told me that a character slips on a puddle of blood and then a few scenes later another character slips on the same puddle of blood

like a fucking banana peel

prometheus had great visuals but if the visuals are so dissonant with everything else going on it becomes the very definition of style over substance. you have to be a fucking braindead franchise fanboy to excuse that kind of shoddy filmmaking.
>>
>>82679445
name ONE (1) thing wrong with Resurrection.
>>
>>82679075
>not going to give a rant
>goes on a rant
>ends up singing L'internationale

I love kermode so much, because of his autism, not in spite of it.
>>
>>82679472

This guy knows what's up. Ressurection is kino, you only hate it becuse normies hated it back then and now it's set opinion
>>
calm down you faggots the movie was good.
people always hold it up as this amazing deep film. its fucking dick shaped monsters in space for crying out loud.
the movie delivered on everything alien.
>>
>>82679355

Don't underestimate the Pain and Gain one. I really enjoyed that one because I loved the movie for exactly the reasons for which he hated it.
>>
>>82679471
that happens but it's meant to be dark/morbid humor. you're right, it wouldn't happen in Alien 1 or 2, but I found it funny.

>the visuals are so dissonant with everything else going on it becomes the very definition of style over substance
yeah, you're going to a have BIG problems with this. I honestly thought the first bambi alien scene had maybe even worse CGI than the bambi scene in A3.
>>
>>82679579

says the increasingly nervous ad agency intern for the upteenth time
>>
>>82679691
i think the shilling is working, i'm starting to come around to liking the film, what do i do
>>
>>82679075
>0:22 - "I should say at the beginning of this, you're not going to get a rant or anything"
>>
>>82679579
Other than being anything but an Alien anymore because it's MAN FUCKING MADE
>>
>>82674217
did you save this from a previous kermode thread? it's very familiar.
>>
>>82679980
oooh so was the goo man made? were the murals, the plans on how to make an alien that was all man made?
YOU
FUCKING
RETARDED
FAGGOT
>>
>>82673820
>they think a man with faith can't be a rational man

Pretty cool line desu.
>>
>>82680147
here's the thing: no one gives a shit about that and it has no correlation whatsoever with the real world.
>>
>>82680147
YOU STUPID INEPT BASTARD

Goo is not Alien its weapon engineered by engineers which is basically engineer blood or some dumb shit who gives a fuck, essentially the aliens are engineers which is total dogshit and failure

Alien was supposed to be the long head murdering abstards nbot the fucking GOO

YOU
STUPID FUCK INBREED

30 fucking years of mythology rekt over some faget making an android and space frankenstein, if he wanted to do that shit why not just make Blade Runner 2

Now go fucking kill yourself you fucking motherfucker
>>
>>82673820
Kermode's review of Pirates 3 is legendary.
>>
File: IMG_1771.jpg (187KB, 1309x684px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1771.jpg
187KB, 1309x684px
>>82680147
Basically mudlsimes or pakis as i like to call them believe that in the quran man was created from some sort "clot", literally im not making this up. Ask any muzzer, ive debated fgor hours about what this so called "congeal" thing is that they mention.

But basically Scott is trying to say this goo is from Allah and that goo shit that is mentioned in the qurans version of genesis
>>
>>82674862
This
>>
>>82680402
Even if that was the case

Even if and it was because they even alluded to it

But the point is the mystery and darkness of the company and them knowing and wanting this thing waas more than enough, theres no need to fucking ram it down our throats like the bullshit they did
>>
>>82680380
what the fuck are you on mate
>>
>>82680458
Mate ive had arguments for hours with these guys asking them to explain what the fuck they're talking about. Ask them how Man was created according to the quran, it's literally goo, im not even joking this si the shit you don't hear about. How did I find out about it? Because I was researching about the quran because people thought I was racist but turns out they are fucking insane and believe crazier shit than a snake talking and telling a naked bitch to eat an apple
>>
>>82673900
>muh ruined childhood
Alien franchise went to shit in the 90s with Cubed and Ressurection. Then the AvP movies dragged it further down.

Only 90s kids think Scott ruined the franchise. Prometheus was the best Alien movie in 25 years, and the Xenos were always hinted at being genetically engineered.
>>
>>82680522
Snake makes more sense than jihad goo.
>>
>>82680522
well there goes my evening. off to wiki i go
>>
>>82680458
Its legit nigga im Muslim here's the actual text translated

I dont know if it is anything like the goo in the movie though because the goo isn't sperm, and Allah first made a sperm droplet incased in a body or fake womb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOfz1oG5Jb0
>>
>>82680620
no need check the link below
>>82680636
>>
>>82680458
holy shit im watching that video its true what he said they even mentiona blodclot... WTF
>>
>>82680586
>Prometheus was the best Alien movie in 25 years
And it's still a shit movie because that's not a high bar to clear.
>the Xenos were always hinted at being genetically engineered
Yes, but never human related in origin. Hell, humans being involved wouldn't be that much of an issue if it weren't for Prometheus completely fucking botching everything related to the engineers.
>>
>>82681154
Alien 3 was the best alien movie in 25 years you fucking cuck
>>
Alien was over in the first minutes of Alien3 30 years ago.
>>
>>82681598
This.

There hasn't been one frame of film in the series worth a flying heap of shit since the last frame of Aliens.

Let it go, my peeps, the series died in 1986.
>>
>>82681258
tell that to the cuck that said it, dumb cuck.
>>
>>82674145
i mean there isnt much more they could do
>shoot it, acid sprays everywhere, decompresses the ship
>flamethrower, fucks up the ships interior and doesnt even kill the alien
>trap it, it gets back to weyu
this isnt a fault in the movie, thats just the most
reasonable way to kill a xeno while on a ship in space
>>
Let's be honest here, nothing past Alien is canon or needed whatsoever. It was entirely intentional for the movie to be self-contained and the unknown be scary secrets that ate away at your mind; what the fuck this space bug is, where it even came from, how the eggs were still alive, if that was intentional with some sort of stasis mist, and why; what the Derelict was for and what happened to it; where this apparently millennia-old extraterrestrial pilot comes into play. None of those were questions that should've been answered. They made us as humans feel tiny and insignificant in the face of the vastness and mystery of the universe, even just the sheer timescale leading up to the movie was harrowing and uncomfortable. Part of you—both as a viewer, and inserting yourself into the movie —wished the Derelict crashed like a decade ago at most just so it'd be easier to comprehend in the scope of the human mind. Nope, it likely crashed before we developed written language. That's deeply, profoundly dreadful to me, all of human history occurring while this ship sits on a dusty rock thousands of years and dozens of light years away from being found by us.

Even Aliens was pushing it, as much as I LOVE it as a popcorn flick and a lot of the secondary media it kickstarted in its heyday like action figures, comic books, and video games. It's frankly ridiculous for Ripley to ever even be found, I don't care how the movie handwaves it away by doing it decades into the future and characters expressing amazement by it.
>>
>>82680636
MIND BLOWING
>>
>>82682995
>just the most
>reasonable way to kill a xeno while on a ship in space
Only because of the in-built limitations they've created. If they can wipe their ass with the setup of the original so many times, they can certainly put that ingenuity to use coming up with another method of killing them. Unless they - and I guess I mean Scott - only have the ingenuity for plebbing now.

>>82683096
The whole idea of "canon" reveals how making it into a franchise insta-plebbed it. There's no The Haunting franchise, no Cat People franchise, no Nosferatu franchise (despite Herzog's shit-tier remake and its cashgrab sequel, though I think that piece of shit who made The Witch is about to get his stink on that). The best horror movies are unique works of film art, and nothing rides their coattails because nothing could. But of course, Ridley Scott is no Murnau, Tourneur or even Robert Wise, the poor bastard. He's a guy from the advertising industry with a good idea for selly textures who can't really compose frames properly.
>>
>>82684252
good *eye, not idea, I must be tired.
>>
>>82679572
Fuck off, Joss.
>>
Alien 3 being a disaster, as Kermode says and as is received opinion, is quite wrong. It may have seemed like a falling-off from the first two films, but compare it to everything since. To me, that was the last Alien film. Even in its theatrical cut, it was better than Resurrection, let alone the garbage that followed, or the current run of nonsense from the bitter sold-out husk of Ridley Scott.
>>
>>82674991

Also the need for constant "humor". Even Ridley fell into that trap with The Martian.
>>
File: 1493563472251.jpg (317KB, 967x966px) Image search: [Google]
1493563472251.jpg
317KB, 967x966px
>>82673820
Alien has always been the only good thing in the entire franchise. Everything after it has just been enjoyable schlock.
>>
>>82684614
I put it above Aliens.
>>
>>82685243
You have a point, personally I do too.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.