[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the message?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: arrival.jpg (117KB, 910x830px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
117KB, 910x830px
Assuming it even had one.
>>
>>82672947
some bullshit about how even if someone is terminally ill they should be given a chance at life.
>>
amy is cute
>>
You should want Amy Adams as a mommy even if it means you'll die at a young age.
>>
>>82672947
Our path in life is set in stone so we should create a world alliance to help the ayyylmaos
>>
>>82672947
>am I good enough to direct Blade Runner sequel: The Movie
>>
>>82672947
The message is underageb&s shouldn't watch films that are obviously too deep for them.
>>
when your friend is in death process reveal your secrets to the humans
>>
just because life might be short, predictable and can be painful it should still be lived.
>>
It's ok to be unnecessarily cruel and tell your husband you know your baby will have cancer, knowing full well it will break your marriage apart and make growing up difficult and painful for the kid.
>>
Russia and Rush Limbaugh are evil but liberals will save us
>>
>>82673112
The joy and love in life makes enduring the pain and trauma worth it.
>>
the message was that giant minimalist structures with no aerodynamic qualities hanging motionless in midair look really fucking cool
>>
>>82672947
Illegal Aliens good. Government bad.
>>
>>82673955
This. Its amazing how many people miss the fact that its a movie about coming to terms with loss.
The ayy lmaos and time travel was just window dressing.
>>
If you would know your whole life from start to finish you would find beauty and joy from the smallest bits of moments in a day which you may take now for granted.
>>
time is a flat circle
>>
>>82673033
/thread
>>
>>82672947

Heptapods are gay.
>>
>>82673161
Why did she tell him? I never understood.
>>
>>82672947
you dont mess with Chinese
>>
>>82674630

Because free will is an illusion. Doubly so for movie/book characters.
>>
>>82674630
She did that's why he left.
>>
>>82672947
Everything that needs to happen will happen and you cant to anything to stop it.
>>
>>82672947
That living and loving is worth it even if you know it ends in heaetbreak. I don't get how people miss that.
>>
It is annoying when time travel movies dance around their central paradox like they're a bad star trek episode. Just in the last year couple years, Interstellar, Predestination and Arrival have all done this.
>>
>>82672947
Search a /pol/ archive if you actually want the correct answer.
>>
>>82674767
The question was WHY she told him, you mongoloid.
>>
Don't judge a book by its cover :)
>>
>>82672947
>muh reproductive right
>muh everyone deserves shot at life
>muh suffering is worth the chance to love

Yawn. I saw the twist about 30 min into the movie and spent the rest of my time browsing /s/
>>
>>82674630
>>82674724
>>82674767
You're all thinking 3rd Dimensional.
>>
>>82675598
Women can't keep secrets. You never hear a woman referred to as "stoic". Most can be read like an open book.
>>
>>82675849
Is there another way to think? Enlighten me
>>
FUCK BORDERS AND LAWS AND SHIT
>>
>>82675999
yes, learn heptapod
>>
>>82675849
The premise of the movie is that the heptapods deal with time non-linear. Amy Adams understood this. But it's still a dick move to have a kid with the foreknowledge that the kid will die far too young.
>>
This >>82676549 was meant for >>82675999
And nice trips bruh
>>
Don't trust China, they'll fuck things up eventually.
>>
>>82672947
Pretty sure no one in this thread can analyse movies.
The main message of the film is the importance of communication. The protagonist essentially saves the human and alien races due to her ability to communicate. However, the FLAW of her character is that she DIDN'T tell her husband that the daughter was going to die. The woman who values communication most in the whole world refused to communicate to her husband which causes her to end up alone. It's not the main plot point of the film but it definitely has a bittersweet ending, and the whole films serves as something of an allegory about the importance of communicating and understanding one another.
>>
>>82677662
>movie is about communicating with aliens.

GEE I WonDer What This Movie Is About
>>
>>82674531
Heptapods are the strongest race. Small weak humans btfo.
>>
>>82678312
OP asked what the message was and he explained what the message was.
>>
Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened
>>
Nothing really matters, everything we do is predestined.
>>
>>82672947
Give peace a chance?
>>
File: 1379948081988.gif (676KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1379948081988.gif
676KB, 500x381px
>>82672947
"the aliens already exist around us, and the goyim better be ready when they become tangible and visible"
>>
>>82672947
Globalism is great yay
>>
>>82672947
We are the best and only we can save humanity (with a little help of the enemy so it doesnt look that patriotic)

classic cold war shit
>>
>>82672947
the message was "Thanks for the $10 asshole"
>>
The message is that if you could see the future you would formulate the laws of physics differently.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.