[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parks and Rec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5018.jpg (121KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5018.jpg
121KB, 284x400px
What am I in for? Is this the poor man's office (US)?
>>
The Office wasn't nearly as good desu.
>>
>>82671110
u are in for a manic pixie, le serious guy, and the brown meme man, also fat chris pratt
>>
>>82671110
I liked it, first season is the weakest IMO, so if you like that one, you'll like the whole show.
>>
>>82671110
1st series that's exactly what you're in for.

2nd series P+R gets weirder faster than the Office does but the show is pretty good.

At some point after this there's a serious downturn in quality as the show gets increasingly self-referential and smug. There's a lot of hugging.

Towards the end it becomes almost enjoyable again.

There's enough great bits to make it worth watching.
>>
It's the best comedy show of the last 10 years, along with The Thick of It.
First season is by far the weakest though - it comes into it's own from the second season onwards.
>>
>>82671110

Chris Pratt is the greatest thing about the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvTkUuCVB4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiqDs7grc28
>>
>>82671424
2 and 3 are the best.

After that, it goes downhill even though Ben saves it from being the Ann's Dating Problems show somewhat.
>>
it's alright, it hits a hight point at seasons 3-5 then pretty much actively stops being funny, but it just becomes a comfy show about a bunch of friends.
>>
File: jean-ralphio-parks-and-rec.jpg (16KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jean-ralphio-parks-and-rec.jpg
16KB, 500x281px
They made a character so funny that the show pales in comparison to when he's not around.
>>
>>82671541
His sister is even funnier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GysXQtH27h4
>>
>>82671486
The background characters are where the real magic happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_-HgRfGBY
>>
>>82671110
The first season is shitty, seasons 2 and 3 are good, everything after that is shitty because everyone turns too nice and it becomes really off putting
>>
>>82671541
I love Jean Ralphio but any more Jean Ralphio would have been too much.
>>
>>82671110
Jerry > Ben > Andy > Craig > Leslie > Donna > Chris > April > Tom > Ann

3 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 1

April + Andy > Jim + Pam
Michael Scott > Leslie
>>
>last season takes place in 2017
>we still don't have transparent smartphones
>>
>>82671486
literally /ourguy/
>>
>>82671110
i started watching it but couldn't really get into it
>>
>>82671541
They used him in just the right amount. His actor seems like the most annoying person in the world
>>
I just started watching this and will this Knoppe chick ever stop thinking with her emotions? The moustache guy should've been the MC
>>
running for the office season is the worst

its only good when they focused on small stuff like fixing the park or planning carnivals
>>
I would watch the show if it wasn't because of the fucking poo in loo unfunny retard
>>
>>82671110
Jerry best character
>>
>>82672061
>will this Knoppe chick ever stop thinking with her emotions?

That is kind of the point, her character is supposed to subvert the type of person she aspires to be, and eventually becomes anyway.
>>
File: brooklyn-nine-nine.jpg (46KB, 726x408px) Image search: [Google]
brooklyn-nine-nine.jpg
46KB, 726x408px
>>82671110
If you want an Office knock-off there's always this, OP
>>
the first season is shit but it gets pretty funny after that
>>
>>82671110
well it was fun i watched for 3-4 seasons and i think i stopped when the run for the bigger office started..it lost the comfiness there
>>
>>82671673
boy thats a lot of opinions youve got there
>>
>>82672821
Season 3 was the peak. After that, like all these Office shows, the characters become ridiculous exaggerations of themselves.
>>
>>82672806
I don't know if this show has always been bad and I just noticed it, but the latest season put me off completely. I couldn't even make it past the whole season
>>
it's pretty funny but I don't remember anything about it. didn't leave much of a lasting impression on me. The Office prior to Michael's absence is better.
>>
why do we not have a jean ralphio spin off?
>>
women and numales trying to be "ironic"
>>
>>82671110
I hated the nigger fat woman so much, and the Indian fucking sucked, rest of the cast after season 2 is really good
>>
>>82673083
the only time i can remember laughing at anything aziz ansari said was when he was explaining how jean ralphios sister got into a fight with some girl and broke into her car and stole her birth control pills and started yelling at her "bitch you gonna get pregnant"
>>
I found very few characters to be fleshed out and almost all to be mouthpieces for forced catchphrases and recurring jokes that were never that funny in the first place. Also dude liberalism lmao
>>
>>82672678
Agreed. When they went for bigger and bigger events, like office and owning businesses, show got a lot less /comfy/.
>>
>>82673083

Ann Perkins and Mark are the only awful characters. I guess that loud faggot from the later seasons too. Donna and Tom are both pretty consistently funny. Not sure how you could like the show if you hate them so much.
>>
File: 1484257174308.png (691KB, 698x439px) Image search: [Google]
1484257174308.png
691KB, 698x439px
>>82673277
>Ann Perkins
>awful characters
>donna and tom
>consistent
>>
>>82673277
>Donna and Tom are both pretty consistently funny

Treat yo self was funny. They have good chemistry together but on their own they are kind of just dicks to people, with Tom going back and forth between being funny and punchable, Donna just talking about spending money and shit, etc.
>>
>>82673277
Ann and Mark are the straight men in the show. Audience is suppose to relate with them while the rest of the characters act goofy. Which, is when the show goes off the rails, when everyone is goofy.
>>
>>82671110
The Office is a poor man's Office
>>
>>82671110
The Office was a kinda dumb zany show that was held up by occasional genuinely hilarious writing and performances.

Parks and Recreation is a kinda dumb zany show.
>>
>>82671110
I enjoyed it until i realized that after the third season it's "You are leslie fucking knope, you can do it!". Not even sjw'ing, but she is presented as a superwoman that has 72 hours in a day, doesn't need sleep and can metabolize 20k calories worth of pancakes.

I know this complaint sounds silly but it does get annoying fast and as >>82671424
pointed out, the constant smugness doesn't help.

Also I don't like what they did with Ron: in the first couple of seasons he isn't phased by leslies's attention, presents etc. but then he suddenly becomes insanely appreciative of them and is willing to do whateverthefuck to help her time and time again. Same with april. I guess they tried to make it a "character growth" but as a result by the end they became basically the same character with some different quirks do differentiate them.

That being said a lot of the stuff is fun and i will try rewatching it again without getting triggered.
>>
>>82671110
The first season is a more cynical comedy with Leslie being more of an inept weirdo. It didn't really work so they changed her to be more quirky and competent with all the characters being more goofy. This level of saccharine works great for the series for seasons 2-4. Afterwards it's just alright.
>>
>>82671448
i doubt it but im gonna watch five seasons of it anyway out of respect for the comparison
>>
>>82671110
its better than the office. they try to make it more and more feely as it goes along. can't stand toms singing. pratt plays his part really well. april gets my dick hard. lowe is great in this show.
>>
>>82671110
My favorite comedy ever. I loved all the characters. The only parts that were kinda boring were when Leslie was going for office. Also has the best finale to any show I've seen.
>>
>>82674358
>"You are leslie fucking knope, you can do it!"

Yeah it does become a bit intolerable the amount of times someone says something like "you're Ron fucking Swanson".
>>
Based Swanson, Bro-tier Pratt and the desire to fug Aubrey
>Leslie gets pretty cringey at times though
>>
File: Rashida Jones.jpg (164KB, 800x621px) Image search: [Google]
Rashida Jones.jpg
164KB, 800x621px
>>82671110
10x times better than office because you get to see more of this qt.
>>
It's decent because of every other character but Leslie. Never before has a show been as successful as this one in spite of the main character being such an insufferable heaping shit of unfunny.
Good luck OP, like I said, every other character can make up for it if you stick with the show, but once you get to the last season they right off a few characters and there is less to detract from Amy Poehler being terrible...
>>
>>82671743
Because of his character, or off-set?
>>
>>82674723
I meant only that it had me laughing consistently - the shows are not really alike.
>>
>>82671110
>What am I in for?

awkwardness disguised as comedy. Reddit-tier show.
>>
>>82675387
its kind of like entourage. for some reason people cant stand vince, and hes the main character, but thats not why you watch
>>
>>82675575
Yes, The Office UK is truly reddit.
>>
>>82672708
He's actually funny if you can get past how much you hate him irl. I thought he was going to be the worst part of the show and ended up being one of the saving graces.

Andy>April>Ron>Jean Ralphio>Tom>everyone else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leslie
>>
>>82675625

well yeah, that's even worse
>>
S1, 6 and 7 are borderline unwatchable bad.

Most of the characters are pretty annoying

The show is very reddity

Its okay
>>
>>82675674
Do you put April that high because you want to fuck her? I'm in season 2 and I find her kind of annoying with the shallow "young generation" humor.
>>
>>82675674
>>82675718
April is super consistent. Where as the rest of the characters have ups and downs and april never made me laugh once.

Horrible actress, horrible character.
>>
>>82675718
Both are highly true. But I went in knowing that she and Andy end up together and watching her make eyes at Andy from the begining and seeing it evolve was actually really well written and performed IMO. She is kinda bratty but I liked it and was not over done because when she does get coupled with Andy it brings out a lot better.. I guess angle of the snarky teen character and she brings out a lot of the best parts in Andy through the series.
>>
>>82675840
is this thread linked on reddit or something
>>
>>82675882
Beep boop bop, oh no, he found the reddit bot
>>
>>82671110
Optimism the show. Always puts me into a good mood. Middle seasons are the best, but with the exception of the first season it's all quality. Also ann is my tropical starfish waifu.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.