[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay, you're so smart, how would YOU have ended the final scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 12

File: 1493446307937.jpg (265KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493446307937.jpg
265KB, 1200x800px
okay, you're so smart, how would YOU have ended the final scene?
>>
>>82668404
I'm just bustin' bolls
>>
Just shown hit get shot, duh.
>>
I probably would've fucked it up by actually showing Tone dying. Chase is a genius
>>
File: 1493187162187.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493187162187.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
Chrissy, Tony, and Paulie die after Chrissy convinces the other two to try heroin after hours at the strip club. Turns out to be a bad batch and the hookers take all their belingubgs and bounce. It ain't me starts playing and the scene cuts to Meadow and AJ finally hooking up as the camera pans to Meadow's asshole as she rests doggystyle on AJ's bed in nothing but her cheerleader skirt.
>>
>>82668404
Tony furiously masturbating in front of Melfy during a session.
Tony hurls insults at Melfy, mainly her incompetence and all the money he wasted on therapy.
At the moment of climax, a picture of Tony's mom flashes on screen for a split second. Tony ejaculates on Melfy's face and glasses. Melfy is stupified and silent.
Tony yells "Fugazi!" and barges out of the office, slaming the door.
Fin
>>
>>82668504
That would have been good in season 2 when Meadow was prime
>>
we've finally done it, we've finally become The Sopranos
>>
It's almost the same, but instead of the credits playing, it just stays black for the entirety of what the credits would be, and then the HBO closing outro plays
>>
Why didn't Tony just go home and get his fucking shinebox?
>>
AJ tells Tony about how he watched The Godfather for the first time today and how his favourite scene was when Al Pacino killed the two mobsters in the restaurant (foreshadowing).

As he's talking we cut to a waitress complaining that somebody forgot to water the flowers and as such they're dead (symbolism).

Tony tells AJ that's not his business any more and that he's retiring tomorrow (irony).

The Members Only Jacket guy comes back out and just as he does we're treated to a Tony Scott-esque montage of flash cuts and lines we've heard before in the series but this time the lines have an echo on them because Tony's hearing them in his head (suspense).

Just as MOJ goes to pull a gun out from inside his jacket Tony is out of the booth and clobbers him with the little jukebox thing before dozens of other mobsters rush in all with sticks and chains etc. as Tony fends them off one by one in a sustained eleven minute fight scene (action).

Unfortunately the whole time this fight is happening one of the most evil mobsters in a white suit and sunglasses is approaching Tony slowly from behind and just as we think Tony has won he is shot in the back and dies, but not before turning around and mortally wounding his would-be assassin (drama).

Dr. Melfi enters the restaurant having heard the shots and believing her psychic skills could be useful in case of a hostage situation, but instead finds Tony there and apologises for giving up on him since that was such dick move (resolution).

Tony dies and the camera leaves the restaurant, passes by Meadow who is still trying to park the car and then cranes into the sky, thus symbolising Tony's journey to heaven (completion).
>>
>>82668404
> Tony gets arrested by the FBI in the dinner, just like agent Harris foreshadowed
> Jersey "win the beef"
> Agent Harris extatic over this because now they can prosecute the crew, all the hard work is paid off and wont be for nothing because they dint get clipped
There, you can show some post credit scene where he is a bad ass in prison, giving some moral monologue or something live by the sword and all that
>>
File: Tony overhead shot.jpg (114KB, 1275x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tony overhead shot.jpg
114KB, 1275x720px
>>82668404
I would try to illustrate what David Chase tried to illustrate (that Tony is constantly under the threat of arrest or death) but without the cut to black.

Maybe show the FBI preparing to arrest him and then show some gangsters planning a hit on him, then show Tony sitting in his backyard smoking a cigar watching some ducks fly overhead just living his life ending with an overhead shot like this.

Also Journey fucking sucks, it worked for Chase's ending but i would have chosen a different song.
>>
>>82668404
i would have ended it in a sequence showing how paranoid Tony would be for the rest of his life.

oh wait, Chase did that
>>
>>82668721
>Also Journey fucking sucks
White people have bad taste in music, it's what Tony would want to listen to. He'd have his stupid stereo set on a glass table next to those pool chairs, and pop in The Cure's greatest hits
>>
>>82668404
just show his brains being splattered on some onion rings
full on skull split open
charmella has blood in her eyes
aj has chunks of brain in his mouth
full on grotesque brains blown out visual

my biggest change would be to show his death
because he is indeed shot dead in that scene
>>
File: image.png (188KB, 324x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188KB, 324x320px
>>82668660
>Dr. Melfi enters the restaurant having heard the shots and believing her psychic skills could be useful in case of a hostage situation
>>
>>82668425
spoopy666
i literally just watched that ep
that cunt got stabbed
>>
>>82668404
All I know is it should have ended with the ducks. Either seeing some other ducks, or not seeing any ducks, or seeing the same ducks from the beginning.

Either way, the ducks had powerful symbolism in the first episode. If the show ended on the concept of that same symbolism, we would be able to discuss and interpret their meaning in regards to tony's for decades.
>>
>>82668721
>Journey fucking sucks
Based Anon
>>
>>82668721
>I would try to illustrate what David Chase tried to illustrate (that Tony is constantly under the threat of arrest or death)
Chase was trying to illustrate that Tony died. The cut to black is the represent the nothingness in death, and the lack of gunshot sound is carrying the whole, you don't see it until after the fact theme of the season
>>
It was well done, there was nothing wrong with it and if you want to change it you have to change the whole last season.
>>
>NY mafia tries to whack Tony while he's visiting Carmela in a hideout house
>badass shotout ensues, Tony survives thanks for AJ sacrificing himeself by taking a bullet
>Tony goes into hiding
>time skip, one year later
>Tony grows a beard like a badass
>buys AK-47, goes to the bar where Phil and rest of the NY familia hang out
>another badass shotout, Tony fucking murders everyone but dies due to gut shot
>badass rock music playing
>>
>>82668404
Some boys with a family business? Hn, no thanks. I don't really go for "that". I'll be over here when you're finished.
>>
This show is for people dumber than niggers
>>
>>82668987
He's said he was trying to make people feel feelings, like something has been ripped away from them.
while that gay ass "you never hear it coming" flashback comes up in Blue Comet signifying it's important, and the Silvio's dinner experience give credit to this, I don't want to think Chase is that obvious. i want to think that they're not signs of the ending, because it's just so easy to point to those. I prefer the more romantic idea, that anything can happen any time and it's not a sure thing, and even though there's two pieces you can truly use for "Tony gets shot in the back of the head", that it wasn't what he was going for. It was setting up the possibility, not the definite
>>
>>82669018
breaking badass style nice
upvoted and shared and retweeted
>>
File: image.jpg (220KB, 930x794px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220KB, 930x794px
>>82669047
>>
>>82669047
So Italians?
>>
Was Fat Dom fucking retarded? Going all the way over to Jersey for a 10 minute trip just to make fun of the fact they killed Vito?
>>
>>82669047
(You)
>>
File: italian fingers.jpg (65KB, 510x543px) Image search: [Google]
italian fingers.jpg
65KB, 510x543px
>>82669125
OHHHH MAROON
>>
>>82669060
But he wasn't trying to show Tony's paranoia either, as Tony was giving all his attention to him family. If chase wanted to show paranoia, there would've been multiple POV shots of the MoG showing Tony was unnerved. Instead, Tony seems completely relaxed, vulnerable, and open for death. Even if he didn't die in that scene, there's a heavy chance he wouldn't have live much longer
>>
>>82669128
Phil just killed a captain in Tony's crew with no recourse, he probably felt invincible
>>
>its an aj bribes spics with a bike for pussy episode
i hate aj
does anyone actually like aj?
>>
>>82669190
Spoopy I just watched that ep last night
>>
>>82669179
>>82669060
Tony was already spiritually dead, Kennedy & Heidi showed that
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 766x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 766x413px
>>82669125
Fucking QUEEEEAH
>>
>fat piece of shit with no friends
>most of the fake friends dead
>addicted to gambling
>cokehead
>children are failure
>mafia downfall coming soon
>would die from heart attack anyway
It was a mercy kill desu.
>>
>>82669201
I SAID SPOPI FIRST
and i just watched that episode an hour ago
>>
>>82669128
He went over there on business and let his fat mouth write a check his ass couldn't cash.
>>
>>82669193
We're all AJ.
>>
>>82669193
love him. I like most of his "plots" and his scenes. the ones I don't like are the season 1 bit with the fight. his friend is cool, do the legsweep kid, here's an energy bar. but season 1 AJ sucks. the other AJ scene I can't watch is AJ at dinner
>grandpa says you're not italian if you don't eat..asparagus or whatever
>AJ has to be acting up for dinner guest kid, "so what, mike piazza only eats asparagus? maybe i'm asian, i like rice."
fuck fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>82669243
Season 1 in general was pretty shit when you think about it.
>>
>>82668404

Carmela looks up in the general direction of the toilets after wiping her hands then sharply inhales, Tony looks up, then black screen. Very minor change that only adds another second at the most so there's no time for screaming or alarm or Tony doing anything other than casually looking up like he did. It just takes that little bit to make the scene much more understandable.
>>
>>82669193
AJ is probably the most realistic depiction of a modern teenage boy I've ever seen on screen
>>
>>82668404
I wouldn't, I would have kept it going for 20 years.
>>
>>82669277
>College
>Pax Soprana
>Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti
>Isabella
>I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano
season one is fire, also you have literally every Tony/Livia scene
>>
>>82669240
>>82669243
he is just such a whiny little faggot bitch and i cant relate to him at all
i just want to kick his ass most of the time
i dont like ajs faggot ass at all
>>
furio comes back and asks tony for $1000
>>
>>82669288
He's 32.
>>
>>82668545
That's what it was supposed to be and you very well know it.
>>
>>82669288
i wasnt like him when i was his age and i didnt hang out with spoiled little faggots so i cant relate to his constant bitching and moaning...
>>
File: AJ Suicide.webm (3MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
AJ Suicide.webm
3MB, 624x352px
>>82669319
He's just so believable as a piece of shit, a great actor. When you're a teenager and doing dumb shit with your friends like breaking into the school and going along with vandalizing the pool. Lying to your hot mom about going to a show, but really doing drugs and drinking in a hotel. The way he tries to downplay his "being a bad kid" shit by just happening to take out the trash when dad comes home, it's wonderful
>>
>>82668958
Who linked you here, kid? Get the fuck out of my board.
>>
>>82669366
linked me?
wtf are you talking about faggot?
>>
Everyone, every character both living and dead, returns for a big song and dance number.

Yes, that includes a CGI Nancy Marchand/Livia Soprano.
>>
>>82669346
I didn't hang out with anyone so I can really relate to hanging out at chit chat rooms in my underwear while my father is disgusted.
>>
>>82669426
fair enough
but when i hear aj get in that little whiny voice i get annoyed and want his scene to end
>>
>>82669346
Good for you
My experience is nearly the total opposite
>>
i dont know who i hate more
aj or janice

aj or janice you guys???
>>
>>82669483
aj is a faggot
>>
>>82669318
R E T I R E M E N T C O M M U N I T Y
>>
>>82669526
He's a better person than Tony through his aversion to violence alone. Tony not leading him into the "life" like his father did with him and Jackie's father did with Jackie Jr. was his greatest achievement as a father and a man.
>>
File: pepe.gif (405KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
405KB, 359x371px
>Tony takes a DNA test, realizes he is 30% North African and gets a hit put out on him by his own men for being a moulie
>>
File: 1449723800739.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449723800739.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>tracee comes back from the dead
>shakes her thoroughbred tits in tank top through the credits
>>
>>82668404
I would have shown the death instead of just implied it.
>>
>>82669586
yea sure thats all well and good
but you cant dispute or even refute that aj is a little spoiled faggot
his redeeming qualities are that hes not into organized crime? cmon
>>
>>82669668
She has a distractingly ugly mouth
>>
>>82669586
>aversion to violence alone
I thought that was the point of watching his friends pour acid on some other kid, he's okay with it
>>
>>82669668
she teaches yoga now in her own studio
>>
>>82669715
Did you miss the part when he and his friends went on to beat up a black kid and he tried to kill himself over it?
>>
>>82669018
i genuinely thought this was a shitty joke at first
>>
>>82669703
I like the slightly puffy mouth you get with braces
>>
>>82669586
Tony didn't lead him to the life because he was a pathetic pussy who would have gotten killed in a second.
>>
>>82669683
Being spoiled is something his parents did to him, not a choice he made. He had two pretty terrible role models to learn from.
>>
>>82669720
>its a slut becomes a yoga instructor/health and well being expert episode

this is every hot girl i knew who is now pushing 30. they probably all give up when theyre pushing 35 and nobody wants to get advice from a milf when theres a 20 yo instead.
>>
>>82669756
No, he didn't do it because he knew the kind of spiritual and psychological damage it does to someone. A huge part of 6A/6B is Tony coming to terms with how much he despises his father over condemning him to a life of violence and suffering through bringing him into the mob. He never fully confronts this, but it's there all the time.
>>
>>82669757
>blaming his parents
his parents were kind of hands off up until they have to take drastic measures with him

his personality is on him, they try to help change him but hes just such a little faggot that even tony feels like hes a lost cause from time to time
>>
>>82668404
Well, it shows a crew pulling up out front to assassinate tony, then cuts to Tony eating with his family at the restaurant. Then cuts to black. I'd obviously assume this means they killed him but no one wants the No Country for Old Men style murders that are always off screen (though that was a good movie).

I would show about 2 seconds more to get rid of the ambiguity. Crew opens the door. Cuts to tony, you hear a bang, black screen, the end.

Until the director explained that Tony was killed in an interview about 6 months after, no one quite believed it. There was always a debate as to whether he died in the end or not.
>>
>>82669823
we don't see him before his 13th birthday (first episode) i'm sure a lot of shit happened in that period. Meadow turned out okay I guess, but if Tony wanted a more competent son he should have been more involved. Not in the cringey, i'm masking this mafia lesson as a life lesson and he learns from me, but I'll bet he was a bigger influence in Meadows life because she was his first born and was just drawn to a little girl, being a big pedo.
>>
>>82669823
>his parents were kind of hands off up until they have to take drastic measures with him
And you think this is good parenting? Not giving a fuck until it's too late and then overreacting?
>>
>>82669756
>>82669786
honestly its a little of both of what you said
tonys resentment for his father and how he doesnt want aj to feel that way about him and how aj is a "nice guy" which was him saying that aj is a hotheaded pussy who would get killed fast
>>
>>82669879
its not all their fault
do you blame all your problems on your parents?
he made his own decisions and even as an adult he was a little bitch nigger
>>
>want to watch The Sopranos
>have to update screenshots because higher quality than last time
it's tiring, autism. taken 4 years and i'm only on season 4
>>
>>82669882
>and how aj is a "nice guy" which was him saying that aj is a hotheaded pussy who would get killed fast
I never read it that way - I read it as Tony trying to convince AJ and convince himself after he tried to kill Junior that using violence to solve his problems wasn't in his nature. That the "rotten fuckin' Soprano gene" didn't totally warp his sons mind into the one of a killer like Tony and everyone Tony knows.
>>
>>82669949
It's mostly their "fault", but I never saw AJ as a particularly tragic case anyway. He'll turn out to be a largely happier and better person than his father, which is all that really matters.
>>
>>82669968
one of the things he said in that conversation after he walked into the place they had junior with a knife was something like
>you didnt even do it
like saying you couldnt even do it you fucking pussy
it was the way he said it
>>
>>82670005
im sure seeing his dad getting his brains blown out in front of him will make him a happier person than tony was HAH
yea no
>>
>>82670042
Yeah, "big fat fuckin' nothing!" I think it was. Tony is simultaneously torn to pieces over the fact that AJ seriously thought about murdering Junior and also pissed off that AJ didn't have the balls or nerve to go through with it. I guess that's the paradox of their relationship in a nutshell, he doesn't want AJ to be doomed to the mob life like he was, but he wants AJ to "be a man" at the same time, which in his world is committing acts of violence.
>>
>>82668404
Tony dies and meets God, last ten minutes are a clip show of all the most important moments and Tony pondering if it was all worth it
>>
>>82670070
Which scene was that in? I seem to have forgot.
>>
>>82670113
>THOU HATH WAVERED IN THY DUTY TO LIVIA...
>"Jesus fuckin Christ it was a fuckin R E T I R E M E N T C O M M U N I T Y"
>>
>>82669949
Are you fucking retarded? People being shaped by their childchood and paying for their parents being retarded is one of the shows most prominent themes. Tony is a depresed fuck and Janice is a fuckup because of Livia.
AJ being a bitch is 100% Tony/Carmela fault.
>>
>>82670114
the last scene
where it cuts to black
thats what happens

aj was already more of a depression case than tony when he was his age
aj probably became a mega alcky or heroin addict
he probably killed himself or someshit after living with that image of his father dying in front of him
>>
>>82670082
>you didn't do it, did ya!? (paraphrasing)
he's pissed at him for not being mob material, but he really knows that he'd always have an issue with AJ committing murder, especially over him. and over a family member.
it's not just a 1 + 2 = 3 thing here, there's variables and confliction. Can't respect AJ not doing the deed, when he's so used to doing the duty, but he doesn't WANT AJ to kill for him. Adults always think of themselves as young, he would have god damn gone through it, but it's good that AJ didn't, that's his kid, but being his parent means a conflict of interest.

His frustration at AJ is partly because of himself, both wanting and not wanting him to be a man, but he doesn't know what being a man is outside of this mob mentality
>>
>>82670208
Didn't happen on screen = didn't happen
>>
>>82670182
no you dumbass
the show is about how even though youve has fucked up shit happen to you in your past it does not give you the right to be a cancerous asshole

you missed the whole point
and you called me retarded...
>>
>>82670246
thats a retarded and rigid way to look at it.....
so i guess ade didnt die because the camera panned out haha
>>
>>82670272
No more retarded than assuming Tony died
>>
File: 4ejknQ31ra867z.gif (940KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4ejknQ31ra867z.gif
940KB, 500x375px
>>82670287
>>
>>82670213
Yeah. Tony all along maintains that he never had a choice in the matter, he was brought into the fold from day 1, and the thing he wanted for his children most was to give them the option to get out and live a life without the moral decay and awfulness of a mafia career. AJ still rebelling against this and going with what he sees as his "Soprano" programming is basically a signal that he failed to save him just like Johnny Boy failed to save Tony all those years ago.
>>
File: 1447903449483.png (645KB, 830x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1447903449483.png
645KB, 830x1262px
I have seen every single Sopranos episode at least 10 times, AMA.
>>
>>82670389
how long do i leave a soda in the freezer before it explodes?
>>
>>82670413
That would be about 20-25 minutes in a freezer. If you put it in a bucket of ice, that would halve that time.
>>
I would have had coach Molinaro make a quick cameo and finally award Tony his varsity football jersey.
>>
>>82670920
small hands, that was his problem
>>
>>82670176
Underrated
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.