[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MASTERPIECE Just marathoned India Song and Son nom de Venise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: inicio.jpg (21KB, 576x416px) Image search: [Google]
inicio.jpg
21KB, 576x416px
MASTERPIECE

Just marathoned India Song and Son nom de Venise dans Calcutta désert.

Loved it.
Marguerite Duras Forever
>>
tfw watched india song in 35mm
son nom is something else though, the script works so well in both versions
>>
>>82668251
Son nom its amazing. Maybe India Song is the main thing but I see them both as an art package. What a great experience. Would love to see it in 35mm but in my town I think it would be impossible lmao
>>
File: 44617.jpg (54KB, 600x917px) Image search: [Google]
44617.jpg
54KB, 600x917px
>>82668313
I think she's the main reason Hiroshima mon amour is so great.
do you like her writing?
>>
>>82668433
yeah! I saw Hiroshima mon amour before knowing about her. Love Alain Resnais. I know she was a great novelist but im just discovering her KINO atm. Would check her novels in the future. Do you recommend me The english lover?
>>
>>82668511
Yes it's one of my favorite texts from Duras, even though it's a dialogue and not a novel, it's still great (and it not being a novel made it easier to read because my french is not that great, I don't know if there's a translated version to English to be honest)
Lol Stein and The Lover are great novels.
Haven't read any of her other texts except for the India Song script.

It's funny because you can see her influence in Last year at marienbad, and the obvious parallels between that film and India song, they work great together.

Resnais also worked with Robbe-Grillet, you should check his films out (not too fond of the novels) if you dig the left bank.

Also are you planning on watching any film from her after India/Son Nom?
She has great films.
>>
>>82668709
I don't know, I need to check Robbe-Grillet I don't know who he is, shame, sorry. I will check his films-scripts.

About Duras yes, I have Femme Du Gange 1974; Le Camion 1977 and Détruire dit-elle 1969. I got this ones with eng subs and I will watch them. If you want to recommend me more Duras films I will look for them but I need the eng or spa subs because I don't understand french.

Cheers!
>>
>>82669076
Check out his films, specially Trans Europe express and Eden et apres, he was also the screenwriter for Last year at marienbad

Baxter, Vera Baxter is also worth checking out, probably third best to India song and son nom.

The ones you have are great, I don't know why Woman in the Ganges is so underrated, I remember the rip I saw had a legend that said "the narrative heard in this film is not meant to represent the things happening on screen" or some shit like that, pretty funny.
>>
>>82669076
agatha is really good
>>
File: Clipboard04.jpg (96KB, 1196x888px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard04.jpg
96KB, 1196x888px
anybody seen Woman of the Ganges? I thought it was the only bad film I've seen from her.
Les mains negatives is also really worth checking out.
>>
>>82670756
I've seen it, didn't think it was bad, why didn't you like it?
>>
>>82670667
sorry, what do you mean Agatha?
>>
>>82671799
Agatha et les lectures limitees
It's on YT I think
>>
>>82671611
I don't remember it at all unfortunately so I can't elaborate on what I didn't like about it, I just remember not being grabbed by it like IS/SNDVDLCD and Vera Baxter, what was it even about?
>>
DEGENERATE WHORE PRETENDING TO BE ARTISTIC
>>
>>82671872
>Agatha et les lectures limitees

yeah I know about this one, will check. Thanks!
>>
>>82672009
>DEGENERATE WHORE
>PRETENDING TO BE ARTISTIC

You ignorant
>>
>>82671893
Still doing Delphine in India, now it's a lover looking for her loved one.
I thought the color play was great, like when she's in the beach wearing all black, but yeah it ain't India Song.
>>
>>82668056
Watch L'Homme Atlantique and Agatha et les Lectures Illimité.

They're companion pieces. L'Homme Atlantique wasone of Rivette's favorites.
>>
>>82673300
great! I will check them both together as a whole art package
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.