[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: GitS.jpg (22KB, 272x408px) Image search: [Google]
GitS.jpg
22KB, 272x408px
So I've just finished watching the live action remake of this film and my question to TV is... does holywood honestly think western audiences are dumb? The plot id so watered down from the animated version that I barely recognised it. Much of the nuance of the plot with regards to what seperates us from AI had been removed and replaced by some sort of shittty love story. Why?? I came away thinking it was just a mediocre sci-fi action movie. What are your thoughts?
>>
File: slowpoke_pokemon.gif (15KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_pokemon.gif
15KB, 275x300px
>>82667031
>does holywood honestly think western audiences are dumb?
>>
>>82667031
The aesthetics suck too and it looks nothing like GitS but some western shite.
>>
>>82667060
Some of it was there. They completely butchered the ending sequence with the spider tank and the (Blackhawk?) helicopter. It had zero impact for what was one of the most defining moments of the origional.
>>
>>82667031
The plot is quite different, I would not describe it as "watered down" at all, if anything it has more depth to that of the 1995 film.
>>
>>82667248
Really? The Major was stripped of any agency, she was just some poor schmuck stuck in a synthetic body, she never had a choice unlike the origional. The Major and Batou specifically chose to be super enhanced to be better at their jobs and were dealing with what that ment as far as being human, then the puppet master comes along and blurs the lines even more. They hunt what they think is a completely human criminal until they find out he's a conciousness born out of the internet.

The new one comletely disregards that question, AI are still simply robotic. There isn;t even a puppet master, just some erstwhile human love interest that copped the synthetic conversion before the Major
>>
>>82667401
It doesn't completely disregard that question. You see the Major constantly question her humanity, asking herself about who she really is, and 'what' she is in the 2017 film. It's quite integral to the film as a whole.

They changed the plot points revolving around the secret project, so instead of it being about an AI that becomes sentient, it was changed to being about failed experiments that were created using 'refugees' or 'radicals' as we later find out. I don't understand how you see this as a "watered down" version when the two plots are different, yet the new one has equally if not more depth.

>There isn;t even a puppet master
Spiritually the character is there. Kuze is essentially seeking revenge for what they did to him, so the motivations are obviously different but the actions he takes are similar. The whole love interest thing is secondary and is barely even mentioned in the film.
>>
>>82667401
t. Masamune Shirow
[Spoiler]you're right [/spoiler]
>>
white people are the dumbest cunts in the white world
>>
>>82667248
Not being an autistic Oshii purist is a nice thing but you're trying absurdly hard. This movie was about as deep as Oblivion. They took a story about the blurry and creepy beginnings of transhumanism and turned it into Robocop lady. Not that that's an inherently awful idea but the execution was kind of gay. The new action scenes and plot elements were passable but every scene/sequence/idea they lifted from the original came out noticeably worse. Oshii's action is cooler, his writing goes to more interesting places and he's much better with visuals.
>>
anybody see the true sequel yet? i just rewatched the original recently
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.