[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is David an asshole?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: PaWxbdN[1].png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PaWxbdN[1].png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why is David an asshole?
>>
>>82665829

Because he was made to be as human as possible.

He was an "Emotional" model, says all his faults in the Meet David Trailer.
>>
>>82665829
That is Walter

he was great.
>>
>>82665945
theres emotional and theres pathological.
>>
>>82666005

if he had a good mommy who showed him what is love, he would have never turned that way.
>>
Weyland created him, yet David realized that even though he is a superior being than him (technically able to live forever), he still has to serve him. While on the ship, 'he learns of their ways', which no doubt compels him to create life that will be subservient to him. When the albinomorph stands in front of him, hes in awe of it, trying to control it, and when it grts killed, he rages as if his infant son was just murdered.

He wants to create, because he believes that will make him more than what he is - an android. So many scenes imply this, with the moment the xeno being born and imitating David as hes standing iver him like a giant being a really kino one.

Civenant was absolutely kino. The next one wont take five years to come out will it lads?
>>
Because he had a mother figure, but lacked a father figure.
>>
>>82665829
Because Ridley is a hack. Why have something that makes sense when it will force you to come up with supporting stories?

Oh the Engineers? yea they got really stupid, devolved and gathered into one single spot so David could kill them all easily, the end
>>
What happened to the ship after David deployed all the munitions?

Why did it crash in the forest?

Where was all the advanced engineer tech?
>>
>>82665829
Natural curiosity combined with altered programming as per Weyland's requests I'd assume.

Another question though what haapens to all the more wearable costumes? I want his hat.
>>
>>82666126
> 1 horrific chestbursting scene in alien 1 vs literally hundreds of over the top chestburstings in covenant
> 1 memorable, menacing alien that builds tension the more time it's spent off screen vs 4 differing generic breeds of aliens with no personality
> varied and believable crew that you feel involved in vs a bunch of women, some marines, 2 michael fassbenders and danny mcbride
>Genuine kino vs plebeshit

This film is even somehow manages to make the first one worst: like ridley got chestbursted by a giant turd
>>
>>82666653
Stop asking questions that not even Scott himself knows
>>
>>82665829
Autism
>>
File: Deep lore.jpg (48KB, 458x383px) Image search: [Google]
Deep lore.jpg
48KB, 458x383px
>>82666653
>>
>>82666782
Fassbender androids aside, Mcbride's character is the only one worth a dam
>>
>>82665829
Why the fuck are they using AR-15s? Whoever is in charge of props on this film should get fired for being a lazy piece of shit and a hack.
>>
>>82666831
>forgetting based franco
best character in the kino imo
>>
>>82666783
>>82666829

Like how the fuck did the goo kill everyone when there were isolated buildings and a huge as fucking ship

why didn't the engineers have a failsafe if there was ever going to be a catastrophic accident which affected them, just like the other ship in prometheus.
>>
Why was the power in the how city just "gone"
He was only there for fucking 10 years
>>
>>82665829
He watched Lawrence of Arabia and it over loaded his programming
>>
Why did the engineers just shoot down their fucking shit, how can you be an advanced civilisation and not have security protocols for ships entering the planet.
>>
>>82666982
He was in the film for five seconds.
>>
>>82666982
I forgot about his smokin hot performance
>>
>>82667087

Didn't
>>
>>82667087
They were roman tier at best. Wearing robes with stone work and shit.
>>
>>82667099
point being?
>>
>all these faggots ITT regurgitating Stuckman's opinion
>>
this film is like Alien and prometheus had a baby but they decided to have a abortion
>>
>>82667344
Actually, I'm just criticizing the film based on how people have described it, descriptions they might might have gotten from watching plebs like Stuckman.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>Alien: Covenant
Elements of Alien and Prometheus combining to make something not quite as good as either...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.