[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really the same log? Were they doomed from the start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: bwp.jpg (43KB, 426x607px) Image search: [Google]
bwp.jpg
43KB, 426x607px
Was it really the same log? Were they doomed from the start?
>>
how come white people always gotta mess wit the supernatural? leave it be damn
>>
>>82654708
The film is smart enough to leave the whole thing vague, but shows just enough weird shit to make you question. From a purely storytelling standpoint, it's pretty fucking genius.

I mean, it's really just some kids, inexperienced and cocky, getting lost, tired and scared in the woods with the framing device of a local ghost story in the back of their heads the whole time. There's the fact they're lugging around tons of stuff, are all egomaniacs, there's little things they wouldn't know like unconsciously favouring one leg which makes you go in circles eventually, in a wide forest that looks the same everywhere. Or is it? Because there's just enough weird shit, sounds, the wooden figures, the teeth, whatever Heather saw in the dark, to make you wonder, maybe they were doomed from the start because they were looking where something didn't want them looking.
>>
>>82655187
this
it was the best and will always be the best found footage.
also one of the best horrors in general.
>>
>>82655215
Your imagination is better at scaring you than any CG special effect.
>>
>>82655187
The Parr house at the end burned down in the 1940s or something. BWP is blatantly supernatural.
>>
>>82654737
Kek
>>
>>82657448
Here's the Sci-Fi Channel special that aired around the time the movie released that fills in some of the backstory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998dVSMjbsw&t=2338s
>>
The creators were fucking geniuses, tbqh. The actors deserve a lot of credit as well, there isn't one single moment I can think of where the quality of the acting falters.

I read that the producers would leave packages of food/supplies, parts of the script, and directions to the next supply drop. But each time, they would leave fewer supplies and more vague directions to increase the IRL anxiety of the actors.

I love that it plays on two of mankind's most primal fears - the unknown, and being lost in the woods. What a fucking great movie.
>>
File: heather.jpg (84KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
heather.jpg
84KB, 620x413px
who took the fucking map?
>>
why didn't they just burn the whole woods down?

plot hole!
>>
>BUT WHERFE IS LE SPOOKY MOSNTER :(((((((((((( SHIT MOVIE NO GHOSTS

Fuck, I've been saying this for years. This is how you do a horror movie. Tension and unease and like other people in this thread have said - the fear of the unknown. That's the scary part, the actual anticipation of the scare, the mind's unlimited ability to dream up things personal to the viewer which scare them far more. Modern horror needs to learn from their example.
>>
>>82658165
Yep. Which is exactly why Blair Witch 2016 sucked.
>>
>>82657448
It gets moreso the more the into the movie it gets, by the end clearly something's up, but for agood chunk of the movie, there are potential grounded reasons for everything that happened. A fantastic ghost story writer, M.R. James, once said that you ought to leave a hole in the story for a logical explanation, but to make that hole small enough to be unusable. This movie does it perfectly.
>>
So the Blair Witch did trap them in some weird ass magical realm or were they just really shitty hikers?
>>
>>82660070
It's pretty safe to assume they were ultimately lured to their deaths by a supernatural force. The house at the end wasn't supposed to still be there.
>>
>>82660070
Went back in time desu. It was always a theory but the new film basically jumpscared it in our faces.
>>
File: 1494198739708.png (320KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494198739708.png
320KB, 500x500px
if i had the means to, and seriously thought my life was in danger, i actually would burn the woods down.

either you die in the fire, which was gonna happen anyway, or you summon the emergency services of the entire surrounding area to your rescue.

if it really was supernatural then you're fucked no matter what you do. so why not burn down the forest?
>>
>>82658244
Blair Witch 2016 handled the story so fucking poorly that I hope in another 16 years they do another film and ignore it like they did Book of Shadows.
>>
>people whining that the 2016 wasn't a clone of the original

you're never going to top it so it would've been a waste of time trying. if anything they didn't go far enough. fake that it's going to be another "show nothing" sort of found footage movie, then go bonkers
>>
>>82658165
>tension and unease

The thing is, tension and unease only work if you release them from time to time. Most people are not willing to be tense and uneasy for the whole movie without a credible and explicit threat so they will relax and see right through the movie. A good jumpscare can reset the tension so it can be built up again and shows the danger is real.
>>
>>82660779
Disagree about the clone part, the set up was fine, going back with modern tech, even the family angle, but with something more happening beyond just the unseen tension.

But agree about the bonkers part. If you're pulling a root out of your leg and doing voodoo dolls and CGI slendermen, they should have shown the fucking witch. It flabbergasts me that the director and writer acted so dimwitted as to think people actually weren't expecting that.
>>
>>82658069

I gave you BACK THE MAP
>>
>>82660993
Wasn't the CGI slenderman the witch? Also, they really should have fucked everyone over and had the bright lights leaking in through the window being ayyliums. I was prepared to start yelling in the theater when that started happening
>>
>>82654737
White priviledge.
White people dont have to be afraid of much, specially wealthy whites.
Since they dont have much to fear then they dont feel scared by ghosts and shit
>>
When heather starts screaming "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" At night in the forest,
They were supposed to record a person dressed in white on top of a tree.

The directors had a mannequin or something that was dressed in white.

When josh waz recording he didnt record long enough to catch it.

I wonder if seeing a white thing floating would have changed the movie r not. I wonder if it would been scarier or make people hate it
>>
File: blairwitch2_3.jpg (98KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
blairwitch2_3.jpg
98KB, 400x347px
>>82654708
I remember staying up late at night and playing the computer games and having horrible nightmares.
Good times.
>>
literally the only movie that was ever able to scare me

>>82661377
it would probably be just a split second thing anyway
>>
>when they hear the children
fucking hell
>>
>>82661525
But it would have changed the entire dynamic of the movie.

Seeing a creepy white figure in the trees would have made it 100% supernatural
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.