[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Crossover of two R-rated movies >PG-13 Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Avpmovie.jpg (23KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
Avpmovie.jpg
23KB, 220x325px
>Crossover of two R-rated movies
>PG-13
Why
>>
Money
>>
>>82653396
/thread
>>
>>82653346
It makes complete sense. Crossovers are not to expand each universes story, its just for the sake of money making. They are actually fun depending on how seriously you take them, the first AvP was fun, so was Freddy vs Jason.
>>
>>82653346
better than Aliens
>>
this scene was GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SST5NjFSYEo
>>
>the "aliens" were on earth
>the "predators" came from space
backwards imo
>>
can't sell toys to kids who didn't see the movie because it was rated R
>>
>>82653675
This is historically not true, ever since the first Alien movie there have been toys based on the Xenomorph. I knew of Alien through the toys before I saw the movies.
>>
File: avp-toys-8.jpg (38KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
avp-toys-8.jpg
38KB, 375x500px
>>82653675
i bought so many of them
>>
>>82653593
yea the aliens should have flown their ships to earth
>>
the ending was the best part.
>>
>>82653737
Yeah but that isn't what the accounting department is going to be looking at when they crunch the numbers. They'll instead be looking at the number of kid viewers by rating, see the much larger number in the PG-13 column, and go with that. The fact that Alien and Predator toys were unusually popular in the 80s and 90s is hard to quantify and therefore less likely to influence risk-averse executives who refuse to make a decision unless it's backed up by Excel spreadsheets
>>
>>82653675
Robocop was R-rated and that didn't stop kids from buying the toys. Hollywood understimates kids, they will buy them as long as they watched some trailer on tv that looked cool
>>
You know why, silly goy.
>>
this one wouldnt be judged so harshly if it didnt pave way for the REAL doodoo that is AVP:Requiem
>>
File: 1490737123275.jpg (19KB, 241x241px) Image search: [Google]
1490737123275.jpg
19KB, 241x241px
AvP Requiem sucked until it ditched the fucking Dawson's Creek bullshit and the Predator started BTFOing everything in sight.

>mfw the protag's squeeze turned the corner and got fucking REKT by the razor disk
>>
>>82654947
based
>>
>>82653346
AVPR was unironically better than this and more faithful to the tone of both series. I don't know why people hate it so much
>>
>>82653593
yeah, considering how the whole fucking point of the Alien franchise was NOT letting those things get back to earth, having them be there all along was fucking retarded.

I mean i get the movie was made on a shoe string budget, but they couldn't just set it in a shitty temple on an alien planet?
>>
>>82653346
Is it bad this is the very first alien and/or predator movie I saw? Obviously I've seen them all since then, but when I was a teen this was the first one I watched at a buddies house. I liked it. I think predator 2 is my favorite.
>>
>>82655478
>>82654947
>>82654854
Maternity ward scene is still to the day the most uncomfortable a movie has ever made me feel. Well maybe eraserhead but for a totally different reason.
>>
>>82656241
>spotted the female
>>
>>82655478
>I don't know why people hate it so much
A polished turd is still a turd.
Hollywood sucks at that because the Predator is an alien and therefore they need humans just so they can have dialogue. They should stop being pussies and do what the comics do and have the Predator talk but use subtitles to see what it says.
>>
>>82656305
>implying females without penises browse here
Stuff happening to babies is the one and only thing that bothers me in movies. The kid watching his father get melted and then having a chestburster rip out of him I could deal with, but some little baby being devoured or transformed into some alien hybrid? Fuck that dude, so unnecessary and wrong. The screams and cries from the other mothers seeing it happen is the worst though.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.