[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more over-rated movie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: arrival.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
Why do normies find this to be "deep" ? I can't believe I fell for the hype
>>
yeah there were no battle scenes it was bullshucks
>>
File: inception_keyart.jpg (65KB, 270x405px) Image search: [Google]
inception_keyart.jpg
65KB, 270x405px
>dude I had to watch this movie 3 times before I finally understood it
>it's so intelligent
>brainlets won't get it
>>
File: 1302108436310.jpg (17KB, 396x328px) Image search: [Google]
1302108436310.jpg
17KB, 396x328px
>he didn't get it
>>
>>82653014
It looked good, the main performances were great & the 'twist' was handled fairly nicely.

That's about all that can be said imho. It wasn't a masterpiece; hell, it wasn't even one of Villenueuve's best films
>>
>>82653014

As a side note I saw it with my Dad and I was proud of him when the film ended and he said it was meh. On the way to the car he asked why the alien language had to look like coffee stains.
>>
>why did normies find this to be "deep"?
Neitzsche and Heidegger
>>
File: [revving intensifies].jpg (20KB, 275x283px) Image search: [Google]
[revving intensifies].jpg
20KB, 275x283px
>>82653051
>>
>>82653014
So... Hawkeye left The Avengers to be Louis lane's side-fuck?
>>
>>82653097
>the 'twist'

literally anyone who has ever seen a sci-fi movie or book would have seen it coming
>>
I don't know why anyone would watch this when close encounters exist.
>>
>>82653134
I'm not saying it wasn't predictable, I'm jusy saying it was handled well. i.e. the film didn't 'roll around in it's own slop' after the reveal
>>
>>82653014
Inception
Forrest Gump
Ereaserhead
No Country for Old Men
Interstellar
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Matrix Sequels and Star Wars Prequels
Cars
Lion King
Fight Club
Hidden Figures
Wizard of Oz
>>
>>82653350
I'm gonna need some proof there are people who exist who think Cars, Lion King, Hidden Triggers, and WoO is deep, please.
>>
>>82653350
>Inception
>Interstellar
>No Country for Old Men

are all better than Arrival
>>
OP is that guy who reads spoilers, then acts snide throughout the whole movie making sure to mention every few minutes that he already figured it all out, then spends the rest of the night talking about how smart he is. Every movie watching experience is for him is built around posturing. Thats the depth of his personality. No one has ever fallen for his personality hype and thus he has no friends.
>>
>>82653394
The fucking academy.

>>82653421
>Inception
No sense during 89% of the movie, Mr and Mrs Exposition in two needless characters. Great idea, terribly told.

>Interstellar
Literally the same as inception, with an awful ending and a dumb story on Murph. Both Inception and Interstellar are predictable

>No Country for Old Men
"Let's kill our main character off camera and end the movie with a nonsense speech by Tommy Lee Jones", also, that 15 last minutes were pure shit
>>
>>82653556
>Let's kill our main character off camera and end the movie with a nonsense speech by Tommy Lee Jones

So you literally don't understand the theme of the story. Don't worry, it's okay to admit you're retarded.
>>
>>82653595
Literally your argument is calling me a retard?
The point in the movie, as the title says, is that there's no more place for old people (literally or just the tipe of people with old school personality)
>>
Normies have already forgotten about this movie. Nevertheless it was decent
>>
>>82653014
>normies

cringe-dropped
>>
>>82653014
beacuse the broad mumbles expoition and tells idiots exactly what you should convey with dialague and visual ques
>>
>>82653350
>Forrest Gump
it's a satire
back when it was released, Q.T. asked RZ and he confirmed it.

went over the head of 99.9999999% of the public
>>
Taxi Driver and Leon the Professional.
>>
>>82653014
If it weren't for nonsense time travel this would have been decent.
>>
You can tell OP is a highly intelligent deep thinker by his use of the summerfag buzzword of the year 'normie'. He's been here all summer and is now a film connoisseur.
>>
>>82653905
The point isn't the point od the movie, is that people think it's the best movie ever, it's not even the best movie of the 90's, not the best movie of Tom Hanks, not the best movie about life, not the best movie of 1994
>>
>Name a more over-rated movie
Easy

Pick any movie out of the star wars franchise
>>
>>82653014
It's pretty deep. You obviously didn't get it which is why you failed to write any analysis on the film's meaning.
>>
They told me about 4chan being full of pretentious cunts..
>>
Bridesmaids, what a fucking meme
>>
>>82653014
Blade Runner.
>>
>>82653934
kek
>>
Ferme dont ta gueule
>>
>name a more overrated movie

The Dark Knight
>>
>>82653014

I basically disregard anything staring (((Amy Adams))) at this point.
>>
>>82653049
I understood Inception after a second watch. I wasn't expecting all of the cross-cutting, which threw me off. After I knew what to expect, it's a pretty simple story to understand, so I don't get all of the "it's so deep, complex and a mind bending fuck! xD"

It's not that deep... In order to get back to his children, a dude plants an idea in a mind of a CEO using dream-sharing technology. It's not that hard.
>>
>>82655481
It's a fun movie but there is absolutely no need to watch it more than once. Everything is spelled out for you.
>>
>>82655623
Oh yeah, the middle of the movie is helpful to understand the world, the technology and the team's overall goal, but I wasn't expecting so much cross-cutting, especially in the beginning and later half of the movie. I still watch it from time to time because, I agree, it's a fun watch, but not as deep or complex as Nolan lovers make it out to be.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.